• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now that Ninty is choosing the DLC, goodbye to my hopes of Touhou and Nep Nep again i guess...
It just wasn't meant to be. Maybe next time. :ohwell:

What's wrong with Slime. Slime's been playable in more games than Erdrick and is also better
People are just a bit unsure if there should be two enemies introduced in the same game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Slime is actually one of the most powerful characters in the DQ series potential-wise. It can learn almost every single spell among any Monster, has the ability to easily have very high stats. He's no joke character. He's a strong mascot that generally plays the role as a weak mook in games, but that's not all he does.

He's one of the strongest partners you'll get in the Dragon Quest Monsters game. There's no reason to think he'd be weak. Piranha Plant is far more a joke character. Slime is a Pikachu, a strong mascot with tons of potential.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Slime is actually one of the most powerful characters in the DQ series potential-wise. It can learn almost every single spell among any Monster, has the ability to easily have very high stats. He's no joke character. He's a strong mascot that generally plays the role as a weak mook in games, but that's not all he does.

He's one of the strongest partners you'll get in the Dragon Quest Monsters game. There's no reason to think he'd be weak. Piranha Plant is far more a joke character. Slime is a Pikachu, a strong mascot with tons of potential.
Isn't that "joke character" the mascot of one of Square's biggest IPs tho?
And actually had their own games with battle tanks to pilot, to boot. It's not like this is putting in Tingle.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Except not really. Nintendo is just giving him a list of suggestions. It's been made clear in the tweet that he chooses the final roster of the DLC.
Like I said in my post previously.

Unlike with the Pokémon Newcomer, we don't even know if Sakurai even has to follow that list of suggestions, they could just be suggestions pooled from around the company that Sakurai is free to ignore if he wants.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I said in my post previously.

Unlike with the Pokémon Newcomer, we don't even know if Sakurai even has to follow that list of suggestions, they could just be suggestions pooled from around the company that Sakurai is free to ignore if he wants.
Well, it's implied he has to take 5 from those, at least.

It doesn't mean he's forced to do a Zelda newcomer, though.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
And actually had their own games with battle tanks to pilot, to boot. It's not like this is putting in Tingle.
Tingle had his own games too ....

Though I don't think his chances for Smash are great tbh, as he's a polarising character and hasn't been relevant to the Zelda series for ages.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So we have now gotten to the point where people think that a BLOB is more deserving of a spot than [ Insert decade long fan requested character here ].

K :ohwell:
i mean when we don't have much hope or choice

yeah? ive been an advocate for slime for a long while though. rocket slime is amazing and i will fight you all

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Except not really. Nintendo is just giving him a list of suggestions. It's been made clear in the tweet that he chooses the final roster of the DLC.
People keep saying this but I've yet to see any proof. All Sakurai's said was that Nintendo made selections and ran them by him first. This idea that they made an extensive list of selections and handed it to him is nothing but fan speculation. His tweet is just as if not more easily interpreted as "Nintendo handed me the five they wanted and asked if any wouldn't work" as it is "Nintendo handed me 20 characters and told me to pick 5".

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Really scared that they will go the promotion route again instead of fan request
They literally only promoted Corrin, why do people say this? Bayonetta 2 came out 2 years before Bayonetta was in Smash lol

Edit: on top of this, they got massive backlash for it.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So we have now gotten to the point where people think that a BLOB is more deserving of a spot than [ Insert decade long fan requested character here ].

K :ohwell:
I don't think anyone is saying anyone is more deserving, just that Slime could work and shouldn't be discredited.

Seriously, I saw a post somewhere the other day about how Smash fans make it feel that to support your character you need to put down "competition", and you really don't. So let's not.

On that note, I'm actually warming up to Slime because of this site! I think it would be a lot of fun. Gotta admit though, depending how you understand that tweet from Sakurai, Slime feels like a Sakurai addition.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like character requests should go to the corporate people instead of Sakurai. One of Sakurai's strengths was giving everyone something they never knew they wanted. I hope they are letting him continue to do that unfettered. A Dragon Quest character makes sense because it would be like Marth popularizing Fire Emblem for the west. I want more franchise revivals though. I liked that Sakurai breathed life into the Kid Icarus, Earthbound, Fzero, Duck Hunt, and game and watch characters, on top of making FE cool in the west.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People keep saying this but I've yet to see any proof. All Sakurai's said was that Nintendo made selections and ran them by him first. This idea that they made an extensive list of selections and handed it to him is nothing but fan speculation. His tweet is just as if not more easily interpreted as "Nintendo handed me the five they wanted and asked if any wouldn't work" as it is "Nintendo handed me 20 characters and told me to pick 5".

By the man himself. He decides who is in or not based upon the selection given.

Bionichute

Smash Champion

By the man himself. He decides who is in or not based upon the selection given.
that still doesn't mean the list was big, it could still just be five characters nintendo wants that they edit if he says won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom