• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think my reservation comes from the fact that I hate commercials and people trying to push products on me. Nintendo choosing the characters is at best innocent advertisements and just screams manipulative to me.

I hate crap like that. If it is product placement, I will not buy it.
I wish I had the integrity you did. These advertisement characters are the only characters I truly dislike.
Buuuuuuuuut, I also really want MU knowledge with them, so I'm gonna be a massive hypocrite and buy them anyways.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Ok, the fact that Nintendo and not Sakurai picked who was going to be DLC makes me think Waluigi actually has a chance.

I could see Sakurai tuning out the post E3 backlash but there's no way Nintendo did.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What kind of a sick monster are you? In all seriousness though what's wrong with those characters over more sword wielders that play very similarly?
I mean with the exception of Crash, who's my current second most wanted newcomer, I'd be inclined to agree. Personally there are quite a few characters from Fire Emblem I'd love to see. The main issue is that only one of them is a main lord so most of their shots are nonexistent. :p

But yeah, characters like Celica, Merric, Caeda, Virion, Silque, Tobin, Minerva, Frederick, Ogma, Hardin, Tiki (at least she got in as an assist), Mae, Lena, Saber, and Julian are all some of my favorites alongside :ultchrom: and :ultmarth:, so of course I'd be happy if they somehow showed up, haha.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel if Nintendo is the one making the DLC choices.

Nothing against the company; it's just a gut feeling.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Sonic Forces' anniversary is tomorrow...

Just felt like telling you this because infinite is a spirit in game.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
For the character you want in, you also have to make an echo fighter out of it:
My turn:
Troubadour (Quatro) - Elise
Junko Enoshima - Tsugumi Shirogane
Ayumi Tachibana - Nameless Player character (From FDC)
Sakura (Fire Emblem) - But MAAAAARZ
Late, but:

Geno - (nobody can ever echo him)
Steve - Alex
Porky - (also cannot be echoed)

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly the character I most wanted is an AT so unless Nintendo decides that Krystal is suddenly super important enough the be DLC for some reason DLC fighters are pretty much gravy for me.
Geno, Sora, or Neku would all be hype for me though. Or a Bayonetta character. But Sora is the only one of those I think have a decent enough chance

Untouch

Smash Master
https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/13/pete-hines-bethesda-interview-we-do-believe-in-single-player-7939215/

"GC: [laughs] I bet Nintendo are terrible for that! PH: Yeah! (The PR guy reappears, trying to shoo us out.) GC: This will just take a second, I can guarantee he’s going to give a very short answer to this. PH: [laughs] GC: Have you spoken to them about Smash Bros.? PH: Oh yeah."

Bethesda has talked to Nintendo about Smash.
Bethesda has a very good relationship with Nintendo and has multiple big titles on the Switch.
Corporate Nintendo is choosing the DLC.

Bethesda rep basically confirmed.
I hope so, I just have a feeling he was joking when he said that, it's hard to tell tone from text.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I wish I had the integrity you did. These advertisement characters are the only characters I truly dislike.
Buuuuuuuuut, I also really want MU knowledge with them, so I'm gonna be a massive hypocrite and buy them anyways.
So basically another Corrin scenario?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If there is one character I want, and comes off as a good non-commerical pick, I will just buy the pack outright because of completionist mentality.
But I just have this feeling every chosen character now is pure business.

I hope I am wrong though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sakurai: "I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan."

I don't think Nintendo gave him only five characters and forced him to stick with them; y'all read NineS's post.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ubisoft and Nintendo have a great relationship but don't forget Rayman has never been in a Mario game but Rabbids have. And if they build a new game on Kingdom Battle's assets... expect Rabbid Peach.

Which I'm fine with tbh.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Chocobo has good access to a variety of jobs in his Mystery Dungeon game. If they implement the jobs into his moveset in an interesting way, he could be a really awesome and unique character. They could make it so he's able change into a few select jobs, thus giving him a pretty diverse moveset. Or make it so his four special moves each represent a different job altogether. Maybe even just have him use pop up cards, spell books, or regular chocobo moves from his freelancer job. I think the very first option is the best but I would enjoy any of these alternatives.

That sounds really nice. Like what they did with King K Rool. I must say, this has some nice potential.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ubisoft and Nintendo have a great relationship but don't forget Rayman has never been in a Mario game but Rabbids have. And if they build a new game on Kingdom Battle's assets... expect Rabbid Peach.

Which I'm fine with tbh.
Mario never met Cloud but he knew Moogle, Cactuar, and Black and White Mage.

D

Deleted member

1. Erdrick
  2. Doomguy/Skyrim Man/Todd Coward
  3. Edelgard
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Steve
You heard it here first folks

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok, the fact that Nintendo and not Sakurai picked who was going to be DLC makes me think Waluigi actually has a chance.

I could see Sakurai tuning out the post E3 backlash but there's no way Nintendo did.
I was about to comment this. No way in hell I’m actively predicting him, but if the DLC characters are decided from a corporate standpoint, the wallets of the thousands of people clamoring for Waluigi might seem very enticing.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Heheh, yeah this won’t end well.

I fully expect Nintendo to choose only promotions and active third parties for a business direction.

But since my hopes and dreams were already shattered by Kencineroar Plant and the AT massacre, I’ll be unfazed by anything else lol.:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wanna drop this, by the way.

Sakurai: Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but unfortunately that never ended up materializing.

Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something.

This DLC bombshell should give y'all some hope.

Source: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/
random dab

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
>Btw, not only are most of your family are dead from an invading army, along with their friends, but your entire population (Including your other brother who turned against you and his buddies, and your older sister) are vaporized by a beam that came out of nowhere, and destroy your entire universe, along with being unable to be with your ghostly family because you are being use to possess some purple monster.

Btw, sakura emotion.jpg

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion

• Square Enix rep? Check.
  • Dragon Quest rep? Check.
  • Character from an upcoming game on the Switch that Nintendo can promote? Check.
Here's one of your DLC characters, lads.
and Dragonball people can rejoice that they got android 17

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Soooooooo....... if Nintendo is picking then it’s safe to assume we’ll get another FE character?

I mean.... I love the FE series.... but I’d be perfectly fine if we didn’t get another fighter from it..
No, we have to understand context. Nintendo has a pool of characters that are okay to choose from, Sakurai is picking 5 that are what he believes to the best/most viable. That's what the tweet is saying.

Credit goes to NineS NineS For clarifying

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
That sounds really nice. Like what they did with King K Rool. I must say, this has some nice potential.
I'm glad you agree friend. I'll admit Chocobo has some very heavy competition among all the more possible popular Square Enix reps around. But miracles do happen!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom