• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Two unique reps from each third party involved seems like a safe bet, leaving Square Enix and Namco to round out. This is why I don't see a second Sonic character happening in this game (sorry Tails fans). Two unique reps (not Echos), each coming from a different franchise. The idea of Llyod being the second Namco rep is really growing on me despite his fanbase being anemic since the Brawl fallout. I feel like he'd fit a lot better than Heihachi anyways.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
So... how would you rank the third party characters in Smash?
Not in terms of Tier List or how much you like them, just in terms of how much they fit Smash.
BTW, to make things easier, Echoes will not be listed

My list (personal opinion, BTW)
8. :ultbayonetta: She has ties to Nintendo and all, it's just that her suggestive nature doesn't really fit Smash that much in my opinion 6/10
7.:ultcloud: He may not have ties to Nintendo, But his franchise does, and he manages to fit in pretty well, especially alongside the Fire Emblem Characters 8/10
6.:ultsnake: Snake gets extra points for being the first third party character and introducing the concept in the first place. That being said, he's doesn't have quite as much ties to Nintendo as other characters on this list... 8/10
5.:ultpacman: He makes sense in terms of a game celebrating game icons... That being said, I feel like 4 other guest characters fit Smash more than he does. 8/10
4.:ultsimon: Being from a huge franchise from the NES days, Simon makes tons of sense... Also, he seems to blend into Smash very well... 9/10
3.:ultmegaman: I might as well call Mega Man a Nintendo character, as most of his games (But not all) were on the NES... 9/10
2.:ultryu: He fits perfectly... A fighting game character? Check... History with Nintendo? Check... Plays trues to his game of origin? Check... 10/10
1.:ultsonic: Do I need to say anymore? Ever since Snake opened up the door for guest characters in Smash, the number one choice that was on most people's minds was Sonic... Just having Mario and Sonic being able to duke it out in an official game is mind blowing, and his moveset blends well into Smash Bros... If I had to choose a character to represent third party characters in Smash as a whole, it would definitely be Sonic... hands down... 10/10
To be honest, I think every third party with exception of Bayonetta fits well in the Smash Universe.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
We're in a timeline where Bandai Namco who helped make the game, has only one rep.

It's not Capcom's fault if they've got the Wright characters that business and Smash is looking for more than others.

That said though, I am rooting for NiGHTS on Sega's end still, too.
Hieachi and the Prince.

katamari music is too dank

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Two unique reps from each third party involved seems like a safe bet, leaving Square Enix and Namco to round out. This is why I don't see a second Sonic character happening in this game (sorry Tails fans). Two unique reps (not Echos), each coming from a different franchise. The idea of Llyod being the second Namco rep is really growing on me despite his fanbase being anemic since the Brawl fallout. I feel like he'd fit a lot better than Heihachi anyways.
I really can't decide between Lloyd and Heihachi. Both are equally likely to me, with the biggest point in Heihachi's favor being that Akira got an AT but Heihachi didn't. My personal preference is Lloyd since the GameCube and DS era is my jam and Symphonia was great for the GC but with the legacy of the character I could see Heihachi making it.

We really don't know what DLC will be like. Once we get our first character we might be able to tell more accurately but hey, it wouldn't even surprise me if they BOTH got in.

D

Deleted member

Smash fanbase: "Smash isn't about filling quotas."
Also the Smash fanbase: "All 3rd parties should have the same amount of reps. It's only fair after all."

D

Deleted member

Why are we all acting as if all the dlc reps will be third party? I mean it's likely that a couole of them will be but I doubt ALL of them will be third party

NineS

Smash Lord
I really can't decide between Lloyd and Heihachi. Both are equally likely to me, with the biggest point in Heihachi's favor being that Akira got an AT but Heihachi didn't. My personal preference is Lloyd since the GameCube and DS era is my jam and Symphonia was great for the GC but with the legacy of the character I could see Heihachi making it.

We really don't know what DLC will be like. Once we get our first character we might be able to tell more accurately but hey, it wouldn't even surprise me if they BOTH got in.
You're all sleeping on the true Namco rep.
PG5_67eayABMg6FpefiUCtCMRfXt6qHl.png

D

Deleted member

People complain about Llyod because "wah, no more anime swordsmen" but we don't have a berserker yet. Dual swords with strong physical attacks would be great in Smash.
Elma has dual swords :4pacman:
In all seriousness though Lloyd would be pretty cool! And people who complain about anime-styled characters are stupid anyways

D

Deleted member

Imagine that we get both Sylux and a F-Zero rep for DLC to promote Prime 4 and the new title for the latter franchise.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So that Crunchii guy has been uploading tracks from Ultimate.

Every SF 2 theme is in. Including my favorite (besides Guile ofc):

LISTEN TO THAT BEAUTY
I'm personally a fan of Chun Li's theme...
But then... Oooooh... at least three versions of Guile's theme
Let's go baby!

D

Deleted member

I'm bored
I'm gonna go make a fake leak that isn't like any other leaks so that it causes a ****storm here
wait **** i just revealed my master plan

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Doesn't that guy not know anything and just uploads random tracks?
He DID correctly predict XC2 music but tbh it was one of the more popular XC2 songs and if there was XC2 music it was basically a guarantee that it would be in

Last edited by a moderator:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Remember when everyone Thought Shadow was gonna be in guaranteed in Smash ulitmate and I say otherwise and no one belive d me good times

Potato_

Smash Lord
Doesn't that guy not know anything and just uploads random tracks?
I assumed he was using SOMETHING to base it on, like maybe footage from Spain to see which tracks are in and then uploading the ones that were. I doubt he has "insider info" or anything of the sort.

Does anyone know if the demo units allow you to check the songs on each stage?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Remember when everyone Thought Shadow was gonna be in guaranteed in Smash ulitmate and I say otherwise and no one belive d me good times
Let's be a bit careful with our words...
Tonight should be music night, but outside of that, nothing's going on right now.
BTW, I'm calling for it to be the Guile's Theme remix that we heard in the direct

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Ah The people being salty at Fire emblem and Sakurai since the last direct has been fun to watch.Somebody said Sakurai Is a biased Scrublord that desreve to retire because there favorite Chracther didnt get in how salty can you be.

Last edited:

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
I had to visualize this. Opened up MS Paint and it turns out that actually, two would be required.
View attachment 176194
I'd like to hope that's still possible though. One more big "woah" character like Travis Touchdown or Rayman, and Geno. That'd be great! Perfect final day reveal.
Won't happen though.

(EDIT: Fixed picture, so that it would show, and structured everything better.)
if we have the option to remove the mii fighters from the select screen like in Smash 4 then when all the DLC is released the select screen will be a perfect rectangle like that. Thanks for that.

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Rex & Pyra can be DLC still. Unless they also planned the DLC before the Xenoblade 2. To me it seemed liked he said Rex would have been a great base roster addition but Ultimate was too late into development. So maybe DLC? I don't know. Its ambiguous.

D

Deleted member

I'm calling for it to be the Guile's Theme remix that we heard in the direct
I'll be shocked if it's not a Street Fighter song. I'd love for them to throw a curveball and upload EarthBound music, but there's not a great chance of that happening.

Xenoblade when

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like Rex & Pyra can be DLC still. Unless they also planned the DLC before the Xenoblade 2. To me it seemed liked he said Rex would have been a great base roster addition but Ultimate was too late into development. So maybe DLC? I don't know. Its ambiguous.
Hello r/Xenoblade, what stage of grief are you on today?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Smash fanbase: "Smash isn't about filling quotas."
Also the Smash fanbase: "All 3rd parties should have the same amount of reps. It's only fair after all."
It's pretty ridiculous, especially since 3rd party characters are picked on different merits other than what company owns them. It's why I don't like the idea of "reps" and believe that whole line of thinking is backwards. Mega Man isn't in as some sort of ambassador from Capcom, he's in because he's Mega Man.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
It's been so long and...

About the Nintendo Direct, i want to say:

1. Is Incineroar too popular in Pokemon Sun and Moon? Do you prefer Decidueye over Incineroar?
  2. Seriously? Piranha Plant as a playable fighter? I prefer Bandana Dee than this. Renember that Poison (an enemy from Streets of Rage) was included as a playable fighter in a Capcom game (i don't know what game) ? This all over again.
  3. About the new Adventure Mode (World of Light), i wonder if Sakurai will recycle all the bosses from Subspace Emissary. Ridley and Petey Piranha (piranha plant) are cut because they are playable fighters.
  4. About the DLC fighters, let's hope that Banjo Kazooie and Shantae being DLC fighters rather than Assist Trophies. Isaac and Shovel Knight as an Asssist Trophies ruined everything.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I shouldn't Gloat sorry but i still find it funny how Sakurai tricked almost everybody and Deconfimied almost everybody and make the Grinch leak fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom