• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The fact that Rex was too late deconfirms any FE 3 Houses character being dlc. THANK GOD.
Where's the proof of DLC being planned that far back?

Granted there was the rumor of DLC characters being the ones that didn't make the cut but I never heard that said in both the Japanese and English versions of the Direct.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Honestly supporting the idea of Edelgard getting in Smash. There are heaps of characters I'd love to see, but unlike Katalina and Steve, I think Edelgard has a really good design. Relevancy picks still aren't my favourite, though (with exceptions, I'd have loved to see Spring Man).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Am I the only person here who is going buy every single lick of DLC this game has to offer regardless of who, what, where, when or why the DLC is?
**** that. I'll buy the DLC that I want to buy and I'm perfectly content with just the Base Roster if what the DLC lineup is being rumored as.

And it also let's me save a lot of $$$ for things I might not want. A win-win in my eyes.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Am I the only person here who is going buy every single lick of DLC this game has to offer regardless of who, what, where, when or why the DLC is?
I dont really like the idea of no showing my what's in the fighter pass but, yeah...

Smash is the perfect party game every weekend, I always play Smash with my friends. So, I have to by the dlc in order to have a complete roster in the meetings with friends.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait a second, it's okay to have ten different playable Pokémon and eight Mario characters but not eight Fire Emblem characters?
FE is pretty small compared to those two. Though some people forget Lucina and Chrom (and Daisy) are just echos, so counting them alongside with unique characters gives weird results when comparing numbers.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wait a second, it's okay to have ten different playable Pokémon and eight Mario characters but not eight Fire Emblem characters?
I will never understand why some people compare Fire Emblem to freaking Mario and Pokémon lol.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
There are some potential DLC characters I have zero interest in, but I'm probably going to cave in and buy them anyway. Otherwise that incomplete stage list will forever taunt me.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Mario and Pokemon are Nintendo’s 2 biggest and best selling franchises, no contest. FE doesn’t come close.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unless Fire Emblem is now the 3rd best series Nintendo has...

1513673812741.png

Well, you tell me.

I'm saying it's not great because Celica has a sword, which means it's automatically bad reception no matter what happens. She could be a Robin echo for all Sakurai cares, and then the appeal is still just as "bleh" as it was before. The only ones who want more FE are FE fans, and even then some claim that too many is too many. Unless she's Hector or Ephraim, she should probably stay back before she becomes either a victim to mob hate or rule 34.

Last edited:

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
there is something that has been in my mind for a while now. WTF IS THAT INKLINGS VICTORY MUSIC? they should have used the splatoon 1 when u win in story mode. like from where did they get this music from they used in ultimate. so disappointing

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
If FE had a less... clone-y stable of fighters (and some weapon variety), I wouldn't mind more. But as it stands, I'm good with never seeing another FE character again.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I will never understand why some people compare Fire Emblem to freaking Mario and Pokémon lol.
Right? If we're going to go with turn-based strategy games, let's add some Advance Wars or MOTHER characters. Heck, does Mario Party have anyone original? How about E. Gadd, does he count? The last thing we need is a Fire Emblem character, and that was true two games ago.

LetterO

Smash Lord
there is something that has been in my mind for a while now. WTF IS THAT INKLINGS VICTORY MUSIC? they should have used the splatoon 1 when u win in story mode. like from where did they get this music from they used in ultimate. so disappointing
I don’t like that alot of characters have shorter victory themes now. Give us a moment to enjoy the victory and the music.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
GameXplain just released a huge analysis of World of Light

Hahaha... Game Explain... the part where you skip over Captain Falcon's new ship was a joke right?

Y-Your gonna save it for a future video... right?

Haha...

R-right?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if I were to rank the top 5 most Iconic Nintendo Characters in Smash...
5. :ultlink:
4.:ultdk:
3. :ultisabelle:
2.:ultpikachu:
1.:ultmario: (Duh)

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
Who even lurks at the ledge that long in the first place

The game is trying to get you to play offensively not defensively, hence dodging being nerfed and such. Ledge regrabbing over and over is stupid anyways
maybe i'm using ledge as a way to survive after getting thrown out? if i got thrown out 4 times i can't use the ledge the 5th time. nah man this is dumb

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So let's talk Classic Mode. We now know that not only does every character have a unique Classic lineup, those lineups also include custom music, can include different variations on the stage selection, and are themed. So far we know Ryu, Jigglypuff, and Isabelle.

Isabelle has to face every female fighter in the game.

Ryu's mode is all made up of one-on-one fights in Omega versions of the stages and evokes Street Fighter II's Arcade mode.

Jigglypuff is apparently themed after the N64 Classic mode and has you battling the original 8.

What else could we be seeing? Duck Hunt against people who use guns? Snake against mature and futuristic characters? Or maybe a giant metal ROB? So many possibilities!

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Who is everybody looking to main?
Screenshot 2018-11-05 01.50.26.png

Also, if someone from Gen 8 gets added (don't want it, but if it does happen), I hope it's either a grass starter (final evolution) or not a starter. A playable ice type would be great for annoying opponents.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If FE had a less... clone-y stable of fighters (and some weapon variety), I wouldn't mind more. But as it stands, I'm good with never seeing another FE character again.
Zelda has just about same variety and people still ask for a fighter from it for years though...

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
So let's talk Classic Mode. We now know that not only does every character have a unique Classic lineup, those lineups also include custom music, can include different variations on the stage selection, and are themed. So far we know Ryu, Jigglypuff, and Isabelle.

Isabelle has to face every female fighter in the game.

Ryu's mode is all made up of one-on-one fights in Omega versions of the stages and evokes Street Fighter II's Arcade mode.

Jigglypuff is apparently themed after the N64 Classic mode and has you battling the original 8.

What else could we be seeing? Duck Hunt against people who use guns? Snake against mature and futuristic characters? Or maybe a giant metal ROB? So many possibilities!
Simon faces Dark Samus, Bowser, Ridley, Villager, Bayonetta, Mewtwo and finally, Ganondorf.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Luckily this leaves a spot nice and open for Celica.
Celica (as a grown woman), get yo amazing *** self over here
Isabelle has become more recognized than Luigi lately
I mean you still have like 1000s of people that call Luigi "Green Mario"
I hate it but it's the truth
Not sure if I should agree or not
Make that 2 persons/people

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Isabelle has become more recognized than Luigi lately
I mean you still have like 1000s of people that call Luigi "Green Mario"
I hate it but it's the truth
But it's not the truth at all

Isabelle might be recognizable for a Nintendo fan

But no freakin' way is she more recognizable than THE player 2 character in gaming

Ask anyone

D

Deleted member

Ahhh speculation, how I miss thee.

Can we please pull our pants up and put away the measuring tape for now?

We 'may' get a DLC announcement at the VGAs. Isn't that exciting enough?

Also maybe I imagined this, but did someone say that the Katalina talk fell through? Pretty sure someone mentioned that...

EDIT: Curious is all.
I am more excited about the possibility of Nintendo pulling a Luigi’s Mansion 3 again, but now with F-Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom