• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Occassionally they use a Renamon line Digimon in an important role (Taomon was an important Digimon in Next 0rder); and Renamon always appears in the video games as a possible Digimon to obtain, but this particular accolade applies to all former partner Digimon.

I mentioned Agumon having a lot of variations, Renamon only has one (they really don't capitalize on Renamon's popularity). The Renamon line has a few more variants (Sakuyamon has "Miko Mode" and a counterpart in Kuzuhamon, who also has a "Miko Mode", Sakuyamon also has an X form), but even Agumon's evolution variants are far more numerous (there are a lot of WarGreymon alts).
Digimon is confusing.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Ahhh speculation, how I miss thee.

Can we please pull our pants up and put away the measuring tape for now?

We 'may' get a DLC announcement at the VGAs. Isn't that exciting enough?

Also maybe I imagined this, but did someone say that the Katalina talk fell through? Pretty sure someone mentioned that...

EDIT: Curious is all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm a bit late
but
R.I.P. Golisopod, Lycanroc, Zeraora, and Decidueye (because Incineroar confirmed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
As long as she uses her axe a fair bit (maybe having a move similar to Simon's axe) and magic, I'd probably get Edelgard, as I kinda like her design. Her, Marth, Roy, older Ike and Robin would probably be the best looking Fire Emblem characters in Smash. I'd say Corrin looks good, but the male version has disgusting hair and doesn't come off as heroic or manly at all. If female Corrin was the default of the two, I'd add her to that list.
I won't be as salty as my friend if Fire Emblem gets another rep, but I'd still definitely rather that DLC slot given to somebody else.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think we all need a much needed break from character speculation, because there's not really much we can add to the DLC conversation anymore.

For now, I'm just focusing on Ultimate's release and trying out some of my favorite characters on those HD Melee and Brawl stages. Also, I'm way more excited for that Ridley amiibo than I should be. :p

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Digimon is confusing.
Digimon doesn't limit themselves to just having animal-based monsters.

This is both a blessing and a curse (depending on who you ask).

X-Antibody Digimon (i.e. Agumon X, Renamon X, etc) are sort of like what Mega and Alola forms are for Pokémon, they were attempts to modernise older Digimon with new appearances (it's sort of like Pokérus, for Pokémon fans, if Pokérus actively changed the appearance of the Pokémon). Unlike Pokémon's alternate forms, they didn't really take off. The only time you see X-Antibody Digimon now are the Digimon who inherently have the trait (like DORUmon's line, Alphamon, Hackmon's line and others).

As for the Miko Modes of Sakuyamon and Kuzuhamon, those are more like the "formes" you see in Pokémon (like the difference between Giratina's two forms), not that those particular forms ever appear in the video games.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Has anyone else gotten the new gamecube controller? What do you think?
I picked mine up yesterday with the adaptor... Umm its still in the box lol. I just wanted to get it incase it became rare and impossible to find like the Wii U's.

That being said i'm pretty sure its the exact same as the Wii U one... And I think im realizing I didnt need to buy it.

Might resell on kijiji if it goes rare. May also keep it incase i want 8 player smash with gamecube controllers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon is confusing.
It opted to use recolors in older games as official Digimon. But overall, the big thing about the series is how there's rarely just one path a Digimon can take. Evolving into all kinds of different Digimon as options is a huge draw. It doesn't see much emphasis in the anime, though. But that's more due to having a consistent line so the people watching it can easily get the toys. Way too many toys means harder to collect. So one line per each is easier to sell. And they still have at least one side evolution per season anyway.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit late
but
R.I.P. Golisopod, Lycanroc, Zeraora, and Decidueye (because Incineroar confirmed)
No chance of getting playable Guzma who sends out Golisopod, Masquerain and Scizor like Pokémon Trainer.

Upset.png

(EDIT: Changed Wario's position.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I’m getting out of all this Digimon talk is that Digimon are Digital Monsters and Digimon are the Champions.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As long as she uses her axe a fair bit (maybe having a move similar to Simon's axe) and magic, I'd probably get Edelgard, as I kinda like her design. Her, Marth, Roy, older Ike and Robin would probably be the best looking Fire Emblem characters in Smash. I'd say Corrin looks good, but the male version has disgusting hair and doesn't come off as heroic or manly at all. If female Corrin was the default of the two, I'd add her to that list.
I won't be as salty as my friend if Fire Emblem gets another rep, but I'd still definitely rather that DLC slot given to somebody else.
>Edelgard gets into Smash
>"UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH :ultcorrin: A N O T H E R:ultrobin: WHITE HAIRED FIRE EMBLEM?!?!?! SO UNORIGINAL!"
>people hate FE even more

1500200644537.png

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I think we all need a much needed break from character speculation, because I there's not really much we can add to the DLC conversation anymore.

For now, I'm just focusing on Ultimate's release and trying out some of my favorite characters on those HD Melee and Brawl stages. Also, I'm way more excited for that Ridley amiibo than I should be. :p
I just wish there was more Duck Hunt investigation. I have barely heard anything of the character.

D

Deleted member

Digimon doesn't limit themselves to just having animal-based monsters.

This is both a blessing and a curse (depending on who you ask).

X-Antibody Digimon (i.e. Agumon X, Renamon X, etc) are sort of like what Mega and Alola forms are for Pokémon, they were attempts to modernise older Digimon with new appearances (it's sort of like Pokérus, for Pokémon fans, if Pokérus actively changed the appearance of the Pokémon). Unlike Pokémon's alternate forms, they didn't really take off. The only time you see X-Antibody Digimon now are the Digimon who inherently have the trait (like DORUmon's line, Alphamon, Hackmon's line and others).

As for the Miko Modes of Sakuyamon and Kuzuhamon, those are more like the "formes" you see in Pokémon (like the difference between Giratina's two forms), not that those particular forms ever appear in the video games.
Now I'm even more confounded.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Digimon is just Pokemon for hipsters and weebs
But that's not true at all. I'm assuming you're joking. I can't agree that it's for weebs, because I don't know any weebs. I've never met a weeb. But anyway, Digimon is very different from Pokémon, especially the games. They're like night and day different. Saying Digimon is just like Pokémon is like say Yokai Watch is just like Pokémon, which is not true at all.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The fact that Rex was too late deconfirms any FE 3 Houses character being dlc. THANK GOD.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Weirdly enough, I like male Corrin's design more because how feminine it is (well, not really much but).

The fact that Rex was too late deconfirms any FE 3 Houses character being dlc. THANK GOD.
Don't forget Robin's game was almost too late for base game, but Corrin was just late enough for DLC. It's hard to say something 100%.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Tiltedssb

Smash Cadet
I picked mine up yesterday with the adaptor... Umm its still in the box lol. I just wanted to get it incase it became rare and impossible to find like the Wii U's.

That being said i'm pretty sure its the exact same as the Wii U one... And I think im realizing I didnt need to buy it.

Might resell on kijiji if it goes rare. May also keep it incase i want 8 player smash with gamecube controllers.
Obviously it's a gamecube controller in the sense that it's the same, but the logo is different. And I just like that new controller feeling. I've never been able to not find it so I don't think it is going to be quite as rare for a while. Wait four years and maybe.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I got a GC Adaptar, the mayflash one.

Works fine in my PC and Wii U, but with my Switch the port 1 just doesnt work right.... I wonder why.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Imagine getting a new WarioWare on the Switch, and they reveal that the series is getting a new rep in Smash.
Mona is ideal (seeing as Ashley's an Assist Trophy again) but I'd be happy with just about anyone.

What'd be even better is if Nintendo was to revive Wario Land, though.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Imagine getting a new WarioWare on the Switch, and they reveal that the series is getting a new rep in Smash.
Mona is ideal (seeing as Ashley's an Assist Trophy again) but I'd be happy with just about anyone.

What'd be even better is if Nintendo was to revive Wario Land, though.
It’s unlikely, but I really want 9-Volt

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Am I the only person here who is going buy every single lick of DLC this game has to offer regardless of who, what, where, when or why the DLC is?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Cloud saves confirmed!
Also heaps happy with the ledge grab having a limit now.
And not being able to pass shields is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom