• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay now I'm despairing over my boi!!!

No new rep, no items, no ATs still, was barely noticed throughout this cycle while the other OG 8 got all the attention, seemingly no major overhaul that warranted the absence, MIA in the World of Light trailer...

And NOW I learn that one of the greatest assets Yoshi has--his ability to break shields--WAS NERFED!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! WHY SAKURAI?!!! WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE FOR YOU TO TREAT MY BOI RIGHT?!!!
At least he's playable...

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I seem to be having trouble finding the streams with Sakurai detailing everything. He does open up games and more to get to classic mode.

I should have snapped a pic so I could post it for translation.

I did however find some folks in resetera saying that home-run contest is not there. They were, of course, watching the stream.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
There is indeed going to be more cutscenes for World of Light!?

December 25th, 2018 can't come soon enough (I won't be able to get it until Christmas due to lack of Switch...)

Shroob

Sup?
I seem to be having trouble finding the streams with Sakurai detailing everything. He does open up games and more to get to classic mode.

I should have snapped a pic so I could post it for translation.

I did however find some folks in resetera saying that home-run contest is not there. They were, of course, watching the stream.
OOF

Sakurai why. HRC didn't hurt nobody.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I had hopes for my boi going, but that is a **** move Sakurai pulled. The only way that would even be REMOTELY justified is if Yoshi's grab game was impressive, which ain't gonna happen!!! **** this!!!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
OOF

Sakurai why. HRC didn't hurt nobody.
It hurt Sandbag, you insensitive monster. He has a family you know.

I had hopes for my boi going, but that is a **** move Sakurai pulled. The only way that would even be REMOTELY justified is if Yoshi's grab game was impressive, which ain't gonna happen!!! **** this!!!
Calm down.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As a Jigglypuff main: At least he's mid-tier at worst.

EDIT: Friendly reminder that Kirby and Dedede were bottom tier last game, it's nothing personal.

Sandbag's a masochist. I saw him down at the S&M parlor Tuesday.
How do you know he wasn't an S?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Simmer down, mate. I'm pretty sure Sakurai had a reason to do this, he's not out to get Yoshi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm surprised :ultlittlemac: got as many buffs that he did. Like seriously, his air game is still poor but it was greatly improved regardless. I think the only real nerf was the distance of haymaker. The FTilt disjoint still sucks though.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I see videos popping up of new alts on Twitter. Do we have a topic where we gather all those alt videos together?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised :ultlittlemac: got as many buffs that he did. Like seriously, his air game is still poor but it was greatly improved regardless. I think the only real nerf was the distance of haymaker. The FTilt disjoint still sucks though.
I guess they noticed he was really polarized last time.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting Piranha Plant in February, Sora in April, someone for E3 in June, Heihachi for EVO reveal, released in September, someone else in November and the last DLC in January 2020.
That'd be awesome. Heihachi or any Tekken rep would bring a huge smile to my face.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As a Jigglypuff main: At least he's mid-tier at worst.
I heard she got massive buffs in this game though

Yoshi not being present in the WoL scene is a good thing. Means you didn't have to watch him die
I've been over this before. Seeing him in action dying is better than having him die unceremoniously off-screen

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I've been over this before. Seeing him in action dying is better than having him die unceremoniously off-screen
Dude not even half the whole roster got shown off, it's not that bad. Fox, Marth, and Shulk had actual prominent screentime and you didn't see them die.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Someone should just make a thread summarizing everything in the stream as a whole, because I still can't find it (I've been searching the desert for days on this bruv) and I don't know anything about specific buffs and nerfs.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
I did not see many buffs in the list by the Spanish players though. They were mostly nerfs and kept-the-sames (why does he still not get his kart back after a weak hit)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Someone should just make a thread summarizing everything in the stream as a whole, because I still can't find it (I've been searching the desert for days on this bruv) and I don't know anything about specific buffs and nerfs.
I heard Greninja got nerfed

From what little I've seen, it made a better job at explaining how good the game is than the direct.

I want to see all the alt colors. I know Lucario got a pink alt which a friend of mine on discord has had as their color for a while which is cool
Do we have more or less alts?

Sorry, it's just a lot of things seems to point out more alts but still there are only 8 for everyone. I think I'm going mad.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I heard Greninja got nerfed

From what little I've seen, it made a better job at explaining how good the game is than the direct.
which is more why it should be made and sent to me immediately

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman

Counting Trainer as one rather than three, there are thirty-two of the playable fighters in the World of Light cutscene. Assuming that the other cutscenes will play into the story somehow, Yoshi still has a chance to show up. And my man Olimar. And Ganondorf (we still haven't seen him in any of these trailers!).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm going to quash this misconception at some point. Bowser Jr. got buffed. A good deal, too. I'm going to make a smash subreddit post about it tomorrow, I think.
If anything, they made his kit more consistent. Still, there are some changes (Mechakoopa hurting Junior after he drops it, shortening the range on certain moves) and retention of certain attributes (the glaring fault of losing his kart recovery entirely after getting hit) that make me wonder if the negatives outweigh positives.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Damn, I guess HRC really is gone.

Well that sucks, considering we still have the Home Run Bat and Sandbag. Seems like an easy thing to just....add in at that point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Well that sucks, considering we still have the Home Run Bat and Sandbag. Seems like an easy thing to just....add in at that point.
what if this is proof that sandbag is going to be a dlc fighter

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman

Where is the stream/video that proves this?

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting Piranha Plant in February, Sora in April, someone for E3 in June, Heihachi for EVO reveal, released in September, someone else in November and the last DLC in January 2020.
I personally don't think Sora being announced way after Kingdom Hearts 3 would make sense assuming it would be announced on February. If he doesn't get announced at least shortly after KH3 is released I don't think there's a chance for him.

That or if any other Square enix rep is already announced.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A god damn Piranha Plant is a playable character.
Nothing is impossible anymore.
Except Goku
I don't think Goku would be the first anime fighter, though.
I mean, you got the actual big boy Luffy, the OG boy Astro Boy, the SEGA boy Kenshiro, and the Konami boy Yugi. That's some tough competition.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Do we have more or less alts?

Sorry, it's just a lot of things seems to point out more alts but still there are only 8 for everyone. I think I'm going mad.
That's exactly what happened with Crafted Yoshi. I don't think it was worth it if it replaced Black Yoshi...

Btw is Meta Ridley in the demo now?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A god damn Piranha Plant is a playable character.
Nothing is impossible anymore.
Except Goku
One day. Goku is going to get into Smash Brothers and Sakurai's gonna have logical and sound reasonings and ya'll are gonna flip your damn wigs.

I await this day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom