• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think Goku would be the first anime fighter, though.
I mean, you got the actual big boy Luffy, the OG boy Astro Boy, the SEGA boy Kenshiro, and the Konami boy Yugi. That's some tough competition.
Ehhhh. Goku is a cultural icon in Japan. He's massive in other countries like North and South America. He's got major props for having actually good video games people enjoy. The others don't really have the reach or pull that he has.

Goku absolutely would be the first anime character with a history of good video games to get in Smash if Sakurai was going to go there.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Despite having some good games, I don't think he's important enough to games to be the first proper non-game character in. James Bond would be better.
But don't let that happen either.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ehhhh. Goku is a cultural icon in Japan. He's massive in other countries like North and South America. He's got major props for having actually good video games people enjoy. The others don't really have the reach or pull that he has.

Goku absolutely would be the first anime character with a history of good video games to get in Smash if Sakurai was going to go there.
Actually isn't Saint Seiya the big thing in South America?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Despite having some good games, I don't think he's important enough to games to be the first proper non-game character in. James Bond would be better.
Bond's problem is that he would require an actors likeness. Unless you just make him a random handsome gentlemen in Smash. And then people are just gonna go ''Wait, that's James Bond?"

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Honestly, all this game needs for me to be perfect at this point is Geno, Smash run and Break the targets. The fact that it even came that close is stunning to me. X_X

Shroob

Sup?
So.......

There was one thing I didn't get in the Direct.

Is All-Star Smash now literally just endless Smash, or... what? They worded it to sound like the characters just never end instead of it being MULTI MAN MELEE that ends when you KO the roster.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, all this game needs for me to be perfect at this point is Geno, Smash run and Break the targets. The fact that it even came that close is stunning to me. X_X
I thought Sora would've made it perfect for you.
make up your mmiiiiiiiind :072:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I thought Sora would've made it perfect for you.
make up your mmiiiiiiiind :072:
I said Sora would make me incredible excited. I also never imagined he'd be possible til now, so sure, I suppose that would help too, but it's not anything I would ever expect. Haha

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Let's not be too hastly talking about who was saved and who was ruined in terms of buffs / nerfs. A lot of misinformation and jumping to conclusions happen in the early stages of a game's release. People haven't had any time to experiment with things or lab out combos yet nor do we have accurate frame data listings. And sometimes even "bad" characters get both buffed and nerfed only for people to talk about the latter, like how during E3 people were freaking out that Samus's dash attack is now poor at combing even despite the fact that her projectile moves all got noticable improvements.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
That's exactly what happened with Crafted Yoshi. I don't think it was worth it if it replaced Black Yoshi...

Btw is Meta Ridley in the demo now?
As far as I am aware the current build being shown is pretty much just the full game. But from what I have seen Meta Ridley is indeed there now and actually has an alt color as well, so Ridley ended up losing two colors from earlier builds oddly enough

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As far as I am aware the current build being shown is pretty much just the full game. But from what I have seen Meta Ridley is indeed there now and actually has an alt color as well, so Ridley ended up losing two colors from earlier builds oddly enough
That's such a shame. I was hoping for a Smash 4 Little Mac situation...

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm really starting to like the idea of Rash being the MS rep.
He's a Rare character, Battletoads has an upcoming game.. win-win.
Don't take this the wrong way Banjo fans but he also has more games than Banjo. So maybe they've renewed the trademark just for the N64 Classic.
Plus, if we get Rash we won't need Steve, a Minecraft representation like an AT or stage would be enough to attract MC fans. Win-win-win.

Rare in through Rash, Banjo for N64C, no Steve but MC cameo. MS happy, Nintendo happy and Smash fans happy too. I give this idea a big thumbs up :)

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
That's such a shame. I was hoping for a Smash 4 Little Mac situation...
Yeah it seems they have it kept to 8 for everyone now in an attempt to not make some more special than others but that also means that some characters just lost a bunch like Mario did for his new ones or even lost some that were previously shown in Ultimate demo builds

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so what was the gun for? Sakurai's project ended up being Smash, is Elma DLC? Ray from Custom Robo? I doubt it's Mach Rider, but I'd love that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait, so what was the gun for? Sakurai's project ended up being Smash, is Elma DLC? Ray from Custom Robo? I doubt it's Mach Rider, but I'd love that.
Watch it turn out to be the Rage Gun or something

Well gee, if we're generalizing I guess everyone with a sword is just another Link.
Nah, they don't have shields. They'd be Marths.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
All this time I thought people meant BlazBlue, not [the **** is a granblue and why should i care again?].

Got me hyped thinking Sol Badguy got a shot.
image.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How would Bond even work though? I can't imagine a moveset for him that doesn't utilize guns.
I kinda think so..
Don't the lot of FE reps look like this to you..
Mm, nope. Not really.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
That's exactly what happened with Crafted Yoshi. I don't think it was worth it if it replaced Black Yoshi...

Btw is Meta Ridley in the demo now?
Meta Ridley not only replaces the vaguely meta-ridley esque color from the demo, he also gets a Meta recolor, so Ridley has only six regular Ridley alts.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
All the rumors of Granblue for DLC makes me wonder if I should give GF another shot. I tried it a while back, so I know who Katalina is, but I'm not really invested in gachas (for my sanity's sake).

Also the non-video game character talk reminds me of when people legitimately wanted Reggie playable in 4. Lol

Shroob

Sup?
That's what I h

And both are Knights and both wear blue. What new did we get there? Being blonde!
I'd argue the fact that one's literally Marth(Female) while the other one summons gigantic blades made of frost, conjours walls made of ice, can hear her own wounds and has a sword that freezes its cut is much more unique than what you're letting on.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I kinda think so..
Don't the lot of FE reps look like this to you..
:ultmarth: is his own thing
:ultlucina: ---> :ultmarth:
:ultroy: is a little bit like Marth in what his moves do, but he does them differently and an opposite mechanic
:ultchrom: only has Roy's moves but with a different gimmick and Aether.
:ultike: is his own thing
:ultrobin: is his own thing
:ultcorrin: nobody asked for him to come back but he has his own thing

Technically two, but really only one of them is a carbon copy. People only **** on FE now because they all have swords and most of their hair is blue.
I wonder if they're blue because 3/4 of them are literally related by blood

Last edited:

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
I wish I could just sleep until Smash releases because I have too much hype for this game now

I can't wait another month

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wish I could just sleep until Smash releases because I have too much hype for this game now

I can't wait another month
None of us can.
I wish this **** would just go like Infinity War and be docked down a week for an early release. :drflip:

so when are people expecting the first non-pirahna plant dlc character to be announced? i know that some insiders made noises about the VGAs but that feels way too soon.
Why not?
The game is clearly near total completion, and Piranha Plant is already seemingly complete in most aspects. They totally have time to work on a character now. We don't know when the Smash Direct was recorded or finalized, so the whole "when the game is done" could have been done a while back.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Thing is, no matter how much cred Verg throws at Senjou, I really 'don't' believe them in regards to this, and I'm a Granblue fan.

Senjou 'does' have sources since they've leaked entire games before, and Nintendo and Cygames are working together, so it's not unheard of but...

Even as a fan of the game, ****'s just weird to me. :dr^_^:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
so when are people expecting the first non-pirahna plant dlc character to be announced? i know that some insiders made noises about the VGAs but that feels way too soon.
They could tease it at the VGAs at least, should it be happening in the first place. IIRC Sakurai said they haven't even begun actual work on any of the five so no gameplay trailer though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no seriously what the hell is a granblue, wikipedia just makes me more confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom