• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, ****, Arigamy brings up a good point.

We get the code anywhere up to 48 hours after we register the game digitally, and the code expires January 31st.

Is there actually a chance that PP will be available right out of the gate for free?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I 'get' the Steve hate, but personally, I've never hated him or Minecraft, and I don't think you do either unless you hate the fanbase of it.

No, the reason you hate Steve probably has more to do with:

"They went to Microsoft and got STEVE over BANJO?!"

Sad, but true. I grew up with Banjo Kazooie and I love Tooie, but if Steve gets in, I'm not going to hold it against him. His franchise is the 2nd biggest series ever and has earned its iconicness.
I love Banjo-Kazooie, but plenty of us just don't want Steve. I'd prefer Waluigi, even.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I will deadass dip for a month if nobody explains how these dudes are getting footage and/or gameplay. Spoilers are the last thing I want, and I really didn't want to see that sick Classic banner because now the intial shock value is gone.

1538973572063.gif

That's the last day for you to register him for free you dingledong.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I will deadass dip for a month if nobody explains how these dudes are getting footage and/or gameplay. Spoilers are the last thing I want, and I really didn't want to see that sick Classic banner because now the intial shock value is gone.

View attachment 175276

That's the date for you to register him for free you dingledong.
My man, they are watching the Japanese stream put out my Nintendo of Japan.
If anyone here actually had the game, you'd bet your sweet ass that we would be on full nuclear crashboards.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Also, that cutscene COULD be from the final one. You never know.
Not sure about that, but I don't think it's the beginning. I think that Simon's cutscene takes place before it. I hope these are all connected, anyway.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 175276

Well, we haven't seen all of it. I agree about spoilers though.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The Amiibo is.

They never gave us a date.

We DO get the code as soon as we register the game, which is very odd.

Mewtwo's DLC code in 4 didn't go out until he was in the month of his release.
Sakurai said that PP will be available a few months after launch

Shroob

Sup?

View attachment 175276

Nah, he's right, we're wrong:

"Register your game with My Nintendo by Jan. 31, 2019, and Piranha Plant will join the battle when it’s available, around Feb. 2019! "

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What I'm saying is Kingdom Hearts probably has a bigger fanbase than a good portion of series included in Smash already, and definitely has a bigger one over vocal Geno supporters and fans.
Also, those two characters are both relatively iconic or at the very least, recognizable.
Something that, again, Geno isn't.
(ROB helped save Nintendo from the video game market crash and is historic, and Piranha Plant is a Mario series staple.)

Geno can very well happen for DLC, and it'd be great! No one is denying that he can't.
Hell, I think he has a better chance now that season passes are a thing.
But the argument is that Sora is vastly more popular than Geno, despite what some vocal support may lead you to believe.
I know what you meant. I'm just saying that extremely is an exaggerated expression.
That's not a fact as none of us know the exact numbers, they're just assumptions. For example, can you quarntee that all Sora fans want him in Smash? probably not, as many are Playstaion owners who don't appreciate the idea, or maybe some don't like him in that fighting scene, maybe it's Disney itself.
Geno's request been flowing with the game. Sora is recent. Geno fans been working for it, they made Sakurai realize that. Sora fans (currently) similar to Waluigi fans are being the loud ones, yet they achieved nothing in comparsion to Geno fans. That's what I'm saying. Numbers has nothing to do with the Geno equation.
If it wasn't for Smash R.O.B. wouldn't gain that recognition, that's a fact. Also, many Nintendo toys saved the company btw.
Again, I don't see Sora more popular than Geno in the Smash community, and that's a fact. Again, numbers has nothing to do with that equation. if it was, then Steve would've been the most popular character choice for Smash, yet he isn't.
Don't worry, no one's leading me to believe anything. And again, I'm not a Geno fan.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

View attachment 175276

It says PP “will join the battle when it‘s available around February 2019”

First line

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My man, they are watching the Japanese stream put out my Nintendo of Japan.
If anyone here actually had the game, you'd bet your sweet *** that we would be on full nuclear crashboards.
Wow if only I knew where that waaaaaaaaaas

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Okay now where is this coming from?
I swear I can't keep up with where these streams are, someone should just compile all of them into one big blob.
Look up playeressence on YouTube and watch his most recent upload.

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, back to waiting for Feb for PPlant and wondering if this supposed SE rep will launch at the same time.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Are you saying this boy's playin the ****ing game a month early?
Do I have to dip out of this website a whole month? :drflip:
Nairo was watching/re-streaming Nintendo Live 2018, which is a tourney in Japan using the full game rather than a demo. Afterwards Sakurai demo'd a bunch of stuff.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Soo no one want Rash from Battletoads as the Microsoft rep in Smash.
I honestly think it's the best choice :)

D

Deleted member

So yeah, back to waiting for Feb for PPlant and wondering if this supposed SE rep will launch at the same time.
I'm betting Piranha Plant in February, Sora in April, someone for E3 in June, Heihachi for EVO reveal, released in September, someone else in November and the last DLC in January 2020.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Soo no one want Rash from Battletoads as the Microsoft rep in Smash.
I honestly think it's the best choice :)
That meme? Naaaaah
The real Microsoft rep should be
FULGORE

I want his final Smash to have the announcer scream UUUUUUULTRA COMBOOOOOO

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That meme? Naaaaah
FULGORE

Killer Instinct was on plenty Nintendo consoles to make it count. which was like 2 but whatever

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Feb 2019: PP

April 2019: 1/5 DLC

E3 2019: 2/5 DLC

Aug/Sept 2019: 3/5 DLC

Nov/Dec 2019: 4/5 DLC

Feb 2020: 5/5 DLC

Or something very close to that.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That meme? Naaaaah
FULGORE

Oh Hooo.. that'd be good too. But if we're going UUUULTRA COMBOOOOOOOO.. I'd vote Calcius :)

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I'm starting to think WoL is actually a very big thing. Like maybe more than just a glorified smash tour with event matches. There is a reason Sakurai saved it for last, barely showed anything and once again teased it before showing nothing at Nintendo Live.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay now I'm despairing over my boi!!!

No new rep, no items, no ATs still, was barely noticed throughout this cycle while the other OG 8 got all the attention, seemingly no major overhaul that warranted the absence, MIA in the World of Light trailer...

And NOW I learn that one of the greatest assets Yoshi has--his ability to break shields--WAS NERFED!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! WHY SAKURAI?!!! WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE FOR YOU TO TREAT MY BOI RIGHT?!!!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay now I'm despairing over my boi!!!

No new rep, no items, no ATs still, was barely noticed throughout this cycle while the other OG 8 got all the attention, seemingly no major overhaul that warranted the absence, MIA in the World of Light trailer...

And NOW I learn that one of the greatest assets Yoshi has--his ability to break shields--WAS NERFED!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! WHY SAKURAI?!!! WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE FOR YOU TO TREAT MY BOI RIGHT?!!!
You're avatar is relevant now more than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom