• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
From what I understand he's just Black Mage with a bunch of keys.
lol no he is most definitely not that he isn't just a mage most of his kit revolves around his combo modifiers than they do his magic. Though he does have magic they are more of a secondary option to your combat you honestly could beat all of his games with out ever even using magic once if you really wanted to.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
From what I understand he's just Black Mage with a bunch of keys.
Except he can also do a lot more.

Way more than I could list lol.
lol no he is most definitely not that he isn't just a mage most of his kit revolves around his combo modifiers than they do his magic. Though he does have magic they are more of a secondary option to your combat you honestly could beat all of his games with out ever even using magic once if you really wanted to.
This is true. A common criticism of Kingdom Hearts game is that they can be beaten with basic attacks only (it's not a good criticism because they're not playing on the right difficulty but whatever), so Sora can easily fight without magic.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Sora doesn't have a shield or really anything of Link's characteristics though
Sora doesn't have a shield or really anything of Link's characteristics though
Lol it's not that serious.

Just take most pf what Link can do, save for some exceptions, and Sora is basically the amalgamation of those put through a Disney self-insert fanfiction that amplifies their potency tenfold

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
proves that yes, DLC characters are already being worked on and HAVE been worked on for quite awhile, and outside of a Direct, the VGAs are the best time to sucke---err, I mean, PERSUADE as many people into buying the fighter pass.
Even though it'd be only a day before Smash's release, do you think Nintendo may be fine with revealing DLC content before release? I mean, we already know it's in the works, but I suppose that maybe they don't want to do something that people are known for disliking.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Like this?
011tydsk38.jpg

So Red Mage with a key?

Just take most pf what Link can do, save for some exceptions, and Sora is basically the amalgamation of those put through a Disney self-insert fanfiction that amplifies their potency tenfold
That's a lot of exceptions to take because the only thing they got in common is swinging a sharp thing around

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I thought about that, but given that Dragon Quest has many protagonists versus Kingdom Hearts only having one main one. I think they might lean towards Sora more because he's consistently the main protagonist of Kingdom Hearts vs that current Dragon Quest hero that eventually wont be the main hero. Plus Dragon Quest hero's are usually not as recognizable as compared to Final Fantasy hero's or Fire Emblem hero's. This is just my opinion and my perspective, its highly possible they will choose a Dragon Quest character.
I don't know if you've played DQ games or been familiar but they're all very recognizable. There're not many, one per game, that' 11. And I think most DQ fans will agree that the most recognizable is either Hero of Alefgard or Erdrick.
Having many protagonists also didn't stop Sakurai from picking Cloud out of all FF protagonists. Which are more than DQ, and honestly the ones vagually distinguishable. And personally, to me almost all FE reps look the same. DQ has a long history and been designed by Toriyama himself. The designs are known and loved by many in Japan.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
What I'd imagine Sora's specials would be:

neutral - Strike Raid
Side - cycles through firaga, blizzaga and thundaga?
up - Maybe Ragnarok? Pressing it twice at the right time unleashes the raybeams
down - Reflega?

FS - Final form or trinity limit, if the Disney characters are allowed

Shroob

Sup?
Even though it'd be only a day before Smash's release, do you think Nintendo may be fine with revealing DLC content before release? I mean, we already know it's in the works, but I suppose that maybe they don't want to do something that people are known for disliking.
They'd probably be using the VGAs as the perfect marketing tool.

How many people watched the Smash Direct? That's not nearly as many people that will watch the VGAs.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
Lol it's not that serious.

Sora has both a block and a reflect ability that functions literally exactly like Link's shield what is that even trying to prove? lol

View attachment 175266

So Red Mage with a key?

That's a lot of exceptions to take because the only thing they got in common is swinging a sharp thing around
More like someone like cloud but faster and over all more agile. Ya he can use magic but that isn't like his main thing like at all.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice

Look at the bottom movie, it seems like a new cutscene with Link and Zelda in some sort of...dark zone?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What I'd imagine Sora's specials would be:

neutral - Strike Raid
Side - cycles through firaga, blizzaga and thundaga?
up - Maybe Ragnarok? Pressing it twice at the right time unleashes the raybeams
down - Reflega?

FS - Final form or trinity limit, if the Disney characters are allowed
Here's how I'd imagine Sora's specials (I'm assuming KH3 Sora:

Neutral: Ragnarok or Magic (Cycle through Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga)
Side: Either Sliding Dash, Sonic Dash, or Flowmotion
Up: Aerial Recovery (has an auto-tech property because why not)
Down: Swap Keyblade (assuming Keyblade transformations are game) or Shotlock (a charge move that leaves you vulnerable while charging, but can do massive damage when fully charged)

Final Smash: Session or Trinity Limit

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm talking more about their magic and skill with their swords. Sora has more magic and utilizes it better to begin with. His swordsmanship is also better, I'd say.

Link just has an arsenal of other weapons he uses, which in the end, don't amount to much given half of it are basic ****.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

How many people watched the Smash Direct? That's not nearly as many people that will watch the VGAs.
We'll only know by the 6th.
Which is like a month from now.
91f.jpg

Shroob

Sup?
My only question:

Would he go live the same time as :ultpiranha:?

Plant is probably coming VERY early February due to the amiibo coming out like.....Feb14th/15th? and the code expiring Jan 31st.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

I mean they literally already have lmao did you forget Pirahna Plant is DLC?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I do think it's odd Sakurai would throw in the "We won't start work on DLC until the game is finished" card.... and then right after show :ultpiranha:

If characters really can take "Up to a year" of development, then it's kinda ****ing obvious that Piranha Plant was being worked on alongside the base game, which REALLY begs to question if DLC production had infact been started way, wayy earlier.

I honestly think that it's just PR speak and yes, DLC development has been in full effect for quite some time now.
Forgetting for the moment that I consider the notion that they haven't started on DLC a bold-faced lie, Sakurai wasn't including Piranha Plant in that group anyway.

D

Deleted member

Look at the bottom movie, it seems like a new cutscene with Link and Zelda in some sort of...dark zone?
So all of those people saying that there'd "only be one cinematic" just got BTFO'd.

PRE-ORDER ****ING DESERVED.

SMASH ULTIMATE LOOKING TO BE GOTY.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Okay now where is this coming from?
I swear I can't keep up with where these streams are, someone should just compile all of them into one big blob.

Shroob

Sup?
Forgetting for the moment that I consider the notion that they haven't started on DLC a bold-faced lie, Sakurai wasn't including Piranha Plant in that group anyway.
True, but.... let's be real, they're working on it, and probably have been for awhile.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I vaguely recall World of Light being leaked a couple of months ago, but I can't find any leaks compilation anywhere.

Anyway, they recommended a LAN adapter for Smash Wii U and said DLC (Mewtwo) would start after the game was done

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Shroob Shroob Why are you saying PP is only coming in February because of the amiibo? Does that mean K. Rool can't be unlocked until next year? :4pacman:

I vaguely recall World of Light being leaked a couple of months ago, but I can't find any leaks compilation anywhere.

Anyway, they recommended a LAN adapter for Smash Wii U and said DLC (Mewtwo) would start after the game was done
Game went gold last month.
It's clearly finished if they aren't just refining it as we speak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, by the way, I translated what it says at the bottom, and it clearly points out the Adventure Mode.

We're definitely getting more than what we got.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Fighting games normally don't win GotY.

If I had to guess its gonna be either God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2.

It should and deserves to win though because come on its freakin Smash Bros. featuring every character from past games. This is also coming from a God of War fanboy like myself.
There are categories to game of the year it's honestly "games" of the year plural there isn't ever one single game that's game of the year. Different genre's have different winners. Smash Ultimate is probably gonna be fighting of the year just on content alone for most people.

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I'm still very confident in Waddle DeeLC. I'm thinking his basic moveset as:
Neutral Special - Spear Throw
Side Special - Parasol Swing (Hold to unleash a bubble like in Battle Royale.)
Up Special - Spear Copter (Hold to go higher, similar to Diddy's Up Special)
Down Special - Parasol Drill/Dive
Final Smash - Megaton Punch

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well I'd be ecstatic if I could get planty boi in January, but they said "A couple/few months after the game is out."
And they had a "head start" on it, and then they also mentioned "until they finished the game", but look at what's being showcased worldwide right now. If that's not just the restricted access of the full game, I don't know what it is.

Shroob

Sup?
And they had a "head start" on it, and then they also mentioned "until they finished the game", but look at what's being showcased worldwide right now. If that's not just the restricted access of the full game, I don't know what it is.
Gah, sthap.

Now you're making me hope that Piranha Plant is available day 1 for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom