• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Where was the article that mentioned Piranha Plant coming with a stage, but was edited?

I found the page that was linked earlier but I still see "Piranha Plant, along with a stage and music tracks,".

Though I don't know why a Piranha Plant would come with music :p

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I actualy think Steve moveset will use Blocks.

He will be able to "change" the stage.

Shroob

Sup?
Where was the article that mentioned Piranha Plant coming with a stage, but was edited?

I found the page that was linked earlier but I still see "Piranha Plant, along with a stage and music tracks,".

Though I don't know why a Piranha Plant would come with music :p
Have you cleared your history/cache recently?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Piranha Plant isn't an echo, or even a semi-clone, but to borrow established functions, framing, and groundwork for animation would nevertheless truncate dev time and make sense for a character in this position, whereby he's probably always been ancillary to more priority developments.

They did it for Sonic, and no one is claiming he's a clone, but in Brawl especially you can see the seams of his patchwork creation.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
There's a difference between "Steve?'s in" and "there's Minecraft content". Not to mention, yes, Vergeben's Smash source is credible, but remember that most people thought that the Grinch Leak was real, and to be fair, it was excessively convincing. BTFO'd Artsy Omni. Leaks at this rate are gonna have a REALLY, REALLY hard time convincing people now after the most recent Grinch Leak, so I wouldn't put in stock too much.

Or you're just willingly going into areas where people are saying that. One or the other.
Dude, the Grinch Leak being fake is why everyone's convinced Vergeben is real.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay so if DLC was decided as part of the project plan, does that mean that Dante leak could still be real?

Sora, Elma, Steve, Dante, Katalina as the lineup maybe?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, people will care.
People might care less if Smash became some sort of frankenstein marketing advertisement machine (which it hasn't, not yet anyway), but people will ALWAYS care about a crossover of this magnitude with THIS many characters.
And we don't have licensed characters, too, so points for that.

Seriously though, how will Shrek even matter by this point?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Watching Nintendo Live so far Corrin and Toon Link both have new victory themes, it is looking like we may be getting unique victory themes considering the only other victors so far have been Mario, Kirby and Cloud.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Okay so if DLC was decided as part of the project plan, does that mean that Dante leak could still be real?

Sounds good.

Doubt Elma makes it though. Heihachi seems more likely, and his absence as an Assist Trophy and Spirit so far is REALLY conspicuous.

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
I am watching the live Japanese stream right now. I noticed Corrin's :ultcorrin: victory theme is an instrumental "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" theme instead of the normal Fire Emblem theme.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

You know what, if Dante gets revealed...that would settle it for me. I honestly wouldn't care what Sakurai did at that point because I'd be too hyped to care. It would completely restore any lost faith I once had.

Last edited:

TheoreticalMyth

Smash Cadet
So how long after launch do people predict the first dlc item will be revealed? I'm saying somewhere from March to June, not sure.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sounds good.

Doubt Elma makes it though. Heihachi seems more likely, and his absence as an Assist Trophy and Spirit so far is REALLY conspicuous.
The problem with Heihachi though is that his voice actor is no longer with us. (Believe it or not, he is actually voicing Incineroar in this game, being one of his final roles)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait they gave Corrin a new theme? That's a nice cool and all, but it really does make it even more baffling that Ganondorf and Wolf still have nothing.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sounds good.

The problem is that there's only 5 slots.

There are so many characters I want to include and it hurts to be this selective with them!

But yeah no Heihachi yet is really strange.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Does anyone know how japanese fans feel about the final roster?
And what are there thoughts on granblue, minecraft and dragons quest as potential dlc?

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think anyone's even going to care about Smash 6 once it gets announced?
This DLC season is going to absolutely destroy any goodwill anyone ever had for Smash. This isn't bait, I'm seeing tons of people on here, Reddit, Twitter, everywhere talking about Verge's leaks and stating they're never going to forgive Sakurai for this.
Like, sure, the base game hype ended pretty underwhelmingly, but people like RelaxAlax and Alpharad, who were so hopeful that DLC would be plentiful and increase Ultimate's lifespan immensely...they were wrong. They were all fools to believe in Sakurai. WE were all fools to believe in Sakurai.
No.

People are being overly dramatic and angry everything didn't go 100% their way and will buy this game anyways once they get their ranting out of their system. And years from now when Smash 6 is released, the cycle will repeat.

Besides, even if these people meant it, Nintendo and Sakurai aren't gonna lose any sleep over a couple of upset forum users never buying the games again when these communities don't even make up 10% of the amount of people who actually buy and play Smash because it's, y'know, fun, and not because X is on the character select screen.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The 10 most likely DLC in my opinion:

1 - Sora - Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced in 2013, and will launch in 2019.

2 - Banjo - He is the most requested character, Microsoft and Nintendo together.

3 - Rayman - His trophy in Smash 4, Rabbit Peach as a Spirit.

4 - Geno - Alot of people want him as well, Square Enix and Nintendo together.

5 - Agumon - Digimon Adventure Tri and Digimon Cyber Sleuth were announced in 2015, Digimon Survive on the Switch in 2019, Digimon vs Pokémon.

6 - Crash - Giant mascot, alot of people want him, Trilogy on the Switch.

7 - Steve - Minecraft on all Nintendo systems, giant audience, Microsoft and Nintendo together.

8 - Crono - Biggest Square Enix game on a Nintendo system, Square Enix and Nintendo together.

9 - Elma - Xenoblade CX has a Spirit, no Xenoblade CX musics, Rex as a Mii Costume.

10 - Tails - Biggest sidekick after Luigi, alot of people wants and knows about him, Shadow and Knuckles as ATs.

D

Deleted member

The problem with Heihachi though is that his voice actor is no longer with us. (Believe it or not, he is actually voicing Incineroar in this game, being one of his final roles)
They could always just reuse his voice lines from Tekken 7. That's how these things usually go if they don't recast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
So how long after launch do people predict the first dlc item will be revealed? I'm saying somewhere from March to June, not sure.
Most people seem to be pinning it on next MONTH, actually, the literal day before the game goes live.

"Square Rep at the VGAs" has been a thing floating around for months.

TheoreticalMyth

Smash Cadet
Most people seem to be pinning it on next MONTH, actually, the literal day before the game goes live.

"Square Rep at the VGAs" has been a thing floating around for months.
I can see that, I'm just hyper wary and have low expectations now after falling for the grinch

LetterO

Smash Lord
The 10 most likely DLC in my opinion:

1 - Sora - Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced in 2013, and will launch in 2019.

2 - Banjo - He is the most requested character, Microsoft and Nintendo together.

3 - Rayman - His trophy in Smash 4, Rabbit Peach as a Spirit.

4 - Geno - Alot of people want him as well, Square Enix and Nintendo together.

5 - Agumon - Digimon Adventure Tri and Digimon Cyber Sleuth were announced in 2015, Digimon Survive on the Switch in 2019, Digimon vs Pokémon.

6 - Crash - Giant mascot, alot of people want him, Trilogy on the Switch.

7 - Steve - Minecraft on all Nintendo systems, giant audience, Microsoft and Nintendo together.

8 - Crono - Biggest Square Enix game on a Nintendo system, Square Enix and Nintendo together.

9 - Elma - Xenoblade CX has a Spirit, no Xenoblade CX musics, Rex as a Mii Costume.

10 - Tails - Biggest sidekick after Luigi, alot of people wants and knows about him, Shadow and Knuckles as ATs.
Needs Rhythm Heaven, Bandana Dee, and a Bethesda character.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Hmm a prediction for DLC.

Who will be the next Namco rep?

Lloyd or Heihachi?

Both Mii Costumes' are missing and they arent in spirits. Their own series is also popular. Who will be in??

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Supposedly, there’s another direct this month right? I believe SpawnWave leaked it if memory serves correctly... What do we expect from that, assuming it isn’t a game specific one?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I love how when I say "It's okay to be disappointed, but don't you think you're overreating a little bit?" the response I get is always a defensive "well I'm sorry for having opinions".

I'm starting half my post by saying I'm okay with people differing opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom