• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
My opinion on Piranha Plant:

On one hand, I'm kinda pissed that he got in over (in my opinion) more deserving fighters.
On the other hand, he looks amazing and I can't wait to play him.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I got my DLC Predictions and Wants up on my sig. Thoughts on these characters as DLC? In terms of both likelyness and how much you want them.

Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Helix
Doomguy
Crash Bandioot
Sora
Chorus Kids
Dante would be radical, but I don't see it happening.
Sakurai strikes me as the type of person to think "Hey, we already got Bayonetta! Why bother putting someone in from a similar game?"
Sora would make the inner 10 year old in me squeel.
However, there's that grey area with him being the kid that spends all his time with one dad, but his mom technically has custody of him.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
The sad truth is that Piranha Plant is more iconic than Isaac, Geno and Banjo
It reminds me of this piranha plant if it has a flower pot, it's where the commercial Super Mario RPG comes from as one of those three who is singing in that. Do you remember this one, no?

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm very convinced at the least we're getting some DLC announcement at the VGAs.
With everything going on, I'm leaning towards Sora, but I'm not totally ruling a DQ character out. It's like 60:40 right now.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Can you please get me the source for this
I do trust that my information is accurate. Even with some minor discrepancies among them, Incineroar, Ken, and a Square Enix character (though this one may be the first DLC character for instance, to use a minor discrepancy example, all of them have heard it is happening) are the constants among all of them. Some kind of Minecraft content will be present, but the vagueness of this makes me wonder not just what it will be, but when it would be added now that we are down to the wire.

I will say right now that I do not know what the exact number of remaining character reveals is. But there seems to be another new Nintendo character aside from Incineroar if a video passed along was infact real.

The situation surrounding it is a leaked video that makes me not able to say anything about it and was advised not to because the video was watermarked. But I have heard about it personally because one of my contacts was one of the people wound up coming across the video too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...os_smash_ultimate_spoiler_discussion/e8trrcc/

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
He was right in some aspects, but at the end of the day, he is human. He did make some goof ups (Square rep, Minecraft) that could easily be seen as him not being right, but good job with the effort verge. He still was pretty credible but not always 100% which is ok but I would not go around throwing shade at those that don't believe him.
Then Loz18 ought to be held to the same standard.

D

Deleted member

So... Does this mean Steve is Likely DLC?
After seeing a Piranha Plant made playable today, I feel like literally anything and everything is likely.

Playable Thwomp when.

EDIT: Fixed a mistake. Had the word "don't" in there for some reason, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I welcome our new potted overlords.

Can't wait for Piranha Plant to be broken and have Ultimate's meta be ditto Piranha Plants at tourneys. Finally, something to top Melee's hype.:denzel:
I can only imagine... seeing bayonetta level broken plants biting the crud outta each other at tournaments is something I never knew I wanted.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fire Emblem protagonists literally face their worlds' gods, but Marth was the only one of them to face those Master Hands and Galeem.

I will not stand for this slander.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi fit in a better way than Piranha Plant. Trolling character, requested character and another Mario character. Bam!
I understand why the plant is here: for trolling, a unespected fighter, a weird character, for fun (looks truly funny) but... I think that don't fits at all. It's something different to Wii Fit Trainer or ROB.
I don't know how the topic will go with Piranha Plant but I think that it's a bad decision.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Did you not see the final super smash Bros ultimate direct?
I thought I did. What am I missing?

Characters that are not playable, still show up as Spirits. Characters with no characters/assist trophy/stage or any other kind of representation can still show up as Spirits.

They didn't show all the Spirits that are in the game.

Verg said there was Minecraft content in the game. He DIDN'T say that Steve was a playable character.

So Steve(or Creeper, Enderman, etc.) could be Spirits in the game. That would make what Verg said correct.

They probably would've shown him off already.
I'm pretty sure there's a ton more Spirits that what we saw in the Direct. They're supposed to be the replacement for Trophies after all.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Well Mario no longer has his fire flower alt despite you know, FIREBALLS, Leaf is forced to use palette swapped pokemon and ZSS has been reimagined as a realistic gymnast. Sakurai doesn’t give a damn about source material accuracy anymore.
minor things that shouldn't matter at all

and yet

Here you are

And there isn't any character who's 100% accurate to the source material

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Leaf was a prime opportunity to use the shiny variants smh.
Ah well.

That's the thing about ZSS.
I never really liked her depiction in Smash.
In her own games, she's more based on technical skill and tricking the enemy while relying on stealthy attacks.

But here, she's faster, stronger, and more agile than normal Samus, with more versatile tools and a focus on up close and personal kicking attacks.
And that's not even talking about those jet boots that aren't based off of anything.
Yeah, and now she looks all wrong as well as plays all wrong. Plus Samus doesn’t have her SR suit and Dark Samus has her lame Prime 3 design. I’m so disappointed by how the metroid characters have turned out. If this is the cost of Ridley then frankly they can keep him.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The biggest ouch for me was the fact that trophies are completely gone. That’s undeniably the worst announcement they could have made imo.
I also have a lot of concern for the single player experience; the Spirits mode looks dreadfully repetitive, and the adventure mode... just looks like Spirits on a board from Smash Tour.
Lastly, the fact that they sank character development time into a Pirahna Plant was absolutely painful. And I hate Incineroar but I’m pretty much over that bridge.

That said, I’m not telling people they can’t like the new stuff. I’m just mad that people are blaming my grievances on “salt because the leak was fake” when I didn’t even believe the leak.
Yeah trophies being gone annoys me. And I am concerned that the stadium modes weren't talked about either. Are they also all gone?

I disagree on the adventure mode though. It looks like an absolute blast. I hope they have other cutscenes planned...

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
i just hope theres more modes besides the ones we saw in all directs

(im saying this is because they didn't really talk about other modes in games and more i believe)

i don't want to unlock characters by subspace emissary 2.0
There's more likely than not going to be ways to unlock characters outside of Spirits. "Play X amount of Vs. matches" and all that.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Verge didn't predict Sora at all. He literally just said that he never listed EVER any name he heard.

However he did comment on Geno a while ago.

Since both contradict each other. Take that as you will
what did he say about Geno?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, and now she looks all wrong as well as plays all wrong. Plus Samus doesn’t have her SR suit and Dark Samus has her lame Prime 3 design. I’m so disappointed by how the metroid characters have turned out. If this is the cost of Ridley then frankly they can keep him.
Oh my god not this again

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really thought that sprout might've been that Golden Sun item, and I know others thought the same. And that tweet that looked just like a Golden Sun battle too. Poor Isaac fans...

At least being an at is better than not being here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom