• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah but they treat loz like hes some sort of ****in prophet when he was a dumb troll who guessed a bunch of **** and then his luck ran out with skull kid. And Gematsu got stuff wrong and he still has his own ****in page! AND EVEN THEN HE WASNT WRONG JUST THE STUFF HE WAS WRONG ABOUT WAS SCRAPPED!
We don't know if it was truly scrapped until Sakurai mentions it.

Also, being wrong is still being wrong, no matter how you word it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here’s a far off prediction. I think Smash DLC will go beyond the current fighter pass. I also think around the reveal of the 5th character there will be an announcement of another ballot.

I also think that Spirits and Assist Trophies could still end up as DLC but I highly doubt the first 5 will be characters that were already assists. I think the second wave will be.

Call me crazy, but I don’t see them doing DLC for just a for just a year for one of their biggest games, literally, ever and have Splatoon 2 DLC for, what, 2 years? Yeah, Ultimate had a lot of hard work put into it and I think they realize that keeping this many people as they already have happy is a hard thing to do. I think they’ll want to make this game last as long as they possibly can.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Those stupid ****s on the wiki are STILL denying vergeben being right... Even though the direct this morning PROVED beyond a shadow of a doubt nearly all his claims.. I wonder how they talk with loz18's **** in their mouth.. Because he, a proven lying troll, is still considered legit. Christ why does this make me angry?
He was right in some aspects, but at the end of the day, he is human. He did make some goof ups (Square rep, Minecraft) that could easily be seen as him not being right, but good job with the effort verge. He still was pretty credible but not always 100% which is ok but I would not go around throwing shade at those that don't believe him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I'm assuming that we're all waiting for the big man behind the Grinch leak to show up and we all throw rocks at him because he fooled so many people.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well, at least we gan basically guarantee that Dee is DeeLC....
Not at all.

There are no guarantees, friend.

I do admit Piranha Plant makes all arguments against him moot. That and for other characters like Layton, Phoenix, etc.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Gah, I was really banking on Young Link transforming into Adult Link and THEN doing triforce slash.

I mean, Young Link doesn't even ever have the triforce does he, at least not until he's an adult?
Well Mario no longer has his fire flower alt despite you know, FIREBALLS, Leaf is forced to use palette swapped pokemon and ZSS has been reimagined as a realistic gymnast. Sakurai doesn’t give a damn about source material accuracy anymore.

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
Funny how people get upset becouse their characters is a AT or a Spirit.

My Dream characters don't even have nothing in the game, and im here trying to help him.
I know Im hoping for Ayumi Tachibana as a DLC fighter since she is still first party and would be my dream character yet I know chances are extremely slim I have yet seen her as a Spirit or a Assist trophy though

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Oh btw verge is predicting sora as dlc and saying steve is possible too
I can dig it, makes sense theyd do it before kh3 is released especially if itll be ported along with the entire collection that ps4 got. Honestly as much as i love Mario RPG and am about to piss off alot of yall **** geno if it means getting my Spiky boi... And i aint even that into KH i never finished 1 i just got TONS of friends, family, loved ones who are HUGE into the games.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, if Steve was a spirit, they probably would have shown him off already.

Plus, Vergeben (if I remember correctly) heard things like "stage" or "assist trophy" from his sources, even "possibly a playable character" I think; I dunno.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Technically we did end up with 108 stages and 7 more characters. 109 and 8 now counting pirahna plant

You just have to wait for a full year

Potato_

Smash Lord
I still haven't processed that Piranha Plant is a playable character. It's like my brain doesn't understand what it truly means for PP to be a fully playable character. This will be possible and I can't even imagine it as I doodled it:
Kirby will have a Piranha Plant hat
PP will grab items
PP will run and jump and ****
A fully playable character
My tiny brain can't comprehend the galactic brain of Mr. Masahiro Sakurai
Part of me thinks Sakurai made Piranha Plant as a test to see exactly how much he'd be able to get away with before someone stepped in.

Turns out he's allowed to do literally whatever he wants.

And it's hilarious.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, I got my DLC Predictions and Wants up on my sig. Thoughts on these characters as DLC? In terms of both likelyness and how much you want them.

Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Helix
Doomguy
Crash Bandioot
Sora
Chorus Kids

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
i just hope theres more modes besides the ones we saw in all directs

(im saying this is because they didn't really talk about other modes in games and more i believe)

i don't want to unlock characters by subspace emissary 2.0

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Come to think of it, I shouldn't be surprised Piranha Plant is in Smash Bros. A year ago, had you told me a Chain Chomp would be a playable character in Mario Tennis I'd of said you're insane because dude doesn't have arms lol. But here we are. Any "qualifications" I think I had for character inclusion should be permanently discarded.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Here’s a far off prediction. I think Smash DLC will go beyond the current fighter pass. I also think around the reveal of the 5th character there will be an announcement of another ballot.

I also think that Spirits and Assist Trophies could still end up as DLC but I highly doubt the first 5 will be characters that were already assists. I think the second wave will be.

Call me crazy, but I don’t see them doing DLC for just a for just a year for one of their biggest games, literally, ever and have Splatoon 2 DLC for, what, 2 years? Yeah, Ultimate had a lot of hard work put into it and I think they realize that keeping this many people as they already have happy is a hard thing to do. I think they’ll want to make this game last as long as they possibly can.
I respectfully disagree with your statements. As a fan of Breath of the Wild, I can tell you first hand that as big as a game is, it doesn't matter. I think Nintendo will not go beyond 5 because it is just too much extra effort. Besides, Nintendo would be over milking a cow which could cause consumers to get turned off from buying the dlc.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I can dig it, makes sense theyd do it before kh3 is released especially if itll be ported along with the entire collection that ps4 got. Honestly as much as i love Mario RPG and am about to piss off alot of yall **** geno if it means getting my Spiky boi... And i aint even that into KH i never finished 1 i just got TONS of friends, family, loved ones who are HUGE into the games.
Uhm...you mean shadow? He's an assist.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Not at all.

There are no guarantees, friend.

I do admit Piranha Plant makes all arguments against him moot. That and other characters like Layton, Phoenix, etc.
Him, alongside some 3rd party doods, and maybe another ****ing FE advertisement character, are most likely the DLC choices they've made. I do believe DLC will go beyond the 5 fighter pass, since the Switch will go until AT LEAST 2023, meaning they would cut Ultimate a little over halfway through its life, which would be considered unacceptable.

D

Deleted member

We live in a golden age of Piranha Plant memes
I welcome our new potted overlords.

Can't wait for Piranha Plant to be broken and have Ultimate's meta be ditto Piranha Plants at tourneys. Finally, something to top Melee's hype.:denzel:

Last edited by a moderator:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Why so? Just curious. interested in hearing your opinions.
The biggest ouch for me was the fact that trophies are completely gone. That’s undeniably the worst announcement they could have made imo.
I also have a lot of concern for the single player experience; the Spirits mode looks dreadfully repetitive, and the adventure mode... just looks like Spirits on a board from Smash Tour.
Lastly, the fact that they sank character development time into a Pirahna Plant was absolutely painful. And I hate Incineroar but I’m pretty much over that bridge.

That said, I’m not telling people they can’t like the new stuff. I’m just mad that people are blaming my grievances on “salt because the leak was fake” when I didn’t even believe the leak.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh btw verge is predicting sora as dlc and saying steve is possible too
Verge didn't predict Sora at all. He literally just said that he never listed EVER any name he heard.

However he did comment on Geno a while ago.

Since both contradict each other. Take that as you will

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If Minecraft content is in, then it has to be a part of the dlc pack, which has a fighter, a stage, and tons of music. At this point, it can't be in game, so it has to be dlc.
Why can't it be in the game? Not like there aren't other games who's only representation is a Spirit(i.e. Shantae).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well Mario no longer has his fire flower alt despite you know, FIREBALLS, Leaf is forced to use palette swapped pokemon and ZSS has been reimagined as a realistic gymnast. Sakurai doesn’t give a damn about source material accuracy anymore.
Leaf was a prime opportunity to use the shiny variants smh.
Ah well.

That's the thing about ZSS.
I never really liked her depiction in Smash.
In her own games, she's more based on technical skill and tricking the enemy while relying on stealthy attacks.

But here, she's faster, stronger, and more agile than normal Samus, with more versatile tools and a focus on up close and personal kicking attacks.
She's a goddamned monster.
And that's not even talking about those jet boots that aren't based off of anything.
Sakurai, I love you, but why did you put these in and also give her a move that kills off the top at 50%

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lastly, the fact that they sank character development time into a Pirahna Plant was absolutely painful.
Because?
His game, his rules. If he wants a joke character, by god he'll get one.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
The biggest ouch for me was the fact that trophies are completely gone. That’s undeniably the worst announcement they could have made imo.
I also have a lot of concern for the single player experience; the Spirits mode looks dreadfully repetitive, and the adventure mode... just looks like Spirits on a board from Smash Tour.
Lastly, the fact that they sank character development time into a Pirahna Plant was absolutely painful. And I hate Incineroar but I’m pretty much over that bridge.

That said, I’m not telling people they can’t like the new stuff. I’m just mad that people are blaming my grievances on “salt because the leak was fake” when I didn’t even believe the leak.
Yeah just another unnecessary change nobody asked for. I’m absolutely crushed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom