• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't get people who say "I'm totally skipping out on getting Piranha Plant, **** that."

Like, you do realize he is a character you get entirely for free just for owning the game, right? Like, as long as you get the game within a certain time frame (And I'm sure 90% of us are getting it day 1), you literally have to do nothing in order to get him. Why on Earth would you turn that down?

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I'm still confused how people can call this direct bad xD Just be thankful for what you got is what i say.
It's not like the game is free. We're allowed to be disappointed and criticize it and don't have to be thankful for characters we didn't want. I am thankful for everything revealed at E3 and in the August Direct, but everything in today's direct sucked, including the lame spirits mode.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
There was a problem fetching the tweet

There's reasons why I'm maining all 3 Links...
I'm a Link main but...

- YL gets the OG intro
- YL has a lot of the same moves
- YL gets the most iconic tunic

and most importantly
- YL is still left handed

...man it'll be tough to see if I switch or not.

Untouch

Smash Master
Alright, no XBX music, no Elma spirit.
Yeah, if she isn't DLC I'll eat my hat at this point.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Considering that spirits were chosen over trophies because of a quantity-over-quality approach to collectibles, I expect everything to be made into spirits, and I mean everything. And yet somehow the gacha system will probably still only ever give us Wrys.

But hey, at least they won't be as important as Xenoblade 2's Blades. Now that was a gacha system that really bogged the game down.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Day before Direct: Even if we don't get any more fighters, I'm still satisfied with the roster!
Direct Day: N-N-NOOOOOOOOOO SAKURAI **** YOU DO YOU EVEN CARE FOR YOUR FANS YOU MONSTER WHERES MY GENO FOR MY GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Your not wrong lol. Honestly, I'm just happy Smash has this much in the first place. doesn't mean it's not open to criticism, but I'm happy.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Watched the direct blind an hour ago after getting home.

Aha
HahahaHahAhA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh well. Still had some good parts, like that amazing vocal theme, and the Metal Gear spirit content. (Kaz, Otacon, and Solidus)

----

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If there had to be a joke character, it should have been Captain Syrup. She would have been a great character anyway.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Seriously though is ZSS still off-model? I noticed she still has the skimpy alt, I don’t really know why they bothered with it this time to be honest.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I don't get people who say "I'm totally skipping out on getting Piranha Plant, **** that."

Like, you do realize he is a character you get entirely for free just for owning the game, right? Like, as long as you get the game within a certain time frame (And I'm sure 90% of us are getting it day 1), you literally have to do nothing in order to get him. Why on Earth would you turn that down?
Pure salt, that's why. :p

If I was getting the game before the cutoff, I'd download him for sure. Piranha Plant isn't deserving of any hate really. Not his fault Sakurai made bad decisions on ATing really good characters.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's not like the game is free. We're allowed to be disappointed and criticize it and don't have to be thankful for characters we didn't want. I am thankful for everything revealed at E3 and in the August Direct, but everything in today's direct sucked, including the lame spirits mode.
Never said it wasn't open to criticism, there are alot of things that could be fixed over every version of the smash franchise. What i meant was I don't understand why people are taking it so seriously.

Disappointment is a natural human emotion and you shouldnt be shamed or guilt tripped by feeling it
this.

You're right, I forgot butt-quality theme song.
I loved it xD

D

Deleted member

Y'see, there's having an opinion, and then there's trying to be edgy.

I'm not sure which one is happening here, but eh, to each their own. I think the main theme is butt-quality too...

...Kick butt-quality, that is. World of Light theme is dope. ;)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Seriously though is ZSS still off-model? I noticed she still has the skimpy alt, I don’t really know why they bothered with it this time to be honest.
Yes, she's still "off-model". They're not going to change it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I must say, based off of the post I've been seeing you making, your avatar really checks out.

Most of them are probably just salty their most wanted didn't make it in and need a scapegoat, as with the "underwhelming final character reveal" that happens every Smash game.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Because, to me, Piranha Plant sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn’t jive with the rest of the characters in the roster to me. Feels more like Mario Party than Smash Bros (Waluigi got ****ed hard). Glad for the people who do like it, but nobody should claim others should. Doesn’t matter if it’s free or $100–people are allowed to have differing opinions and to get whatever characters they want out of the selection.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Y'see, there's having an opinion, and then there's trying to be edgy.

I'm not sure which one is happening here, but eh, to each their own. I think the main theme is butt-quality too...

...Kick butt-quality, that is. World of Light theme is dope. ;)
No, it's butt-quality. Nothing edgy about it.

LuigiBros7

Smash Rookie
Most of my complaints have to do with the game's content, not the roster. I'm worried this is looking like the series' lightest offering since Melee in that regard. They seem to have really put everything into the Spirits mode, and subsequently Adventure Mode as well. I should clarify that I'm talking about new stuff, obviously there's a ridiculous number of stages, music, etc. but the vast majority seem to be ripped from older games.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
One thing I wish was different about Piranha Plant is it’s Final Smash. Petey is great and all but i would’ve liked the Piranha Plant transforming into Naval Piranha for the Final Smash as a reference to the first Yoshi’s Island. But I’ll still love the carnivorous plant nonetheless.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ah, here's my Smash Ultimate Roster.

Blargg888 Smash Ultimate My Roster Ver. 2.0.PNG

Things have certainly taken a turn for me this season.

I've got a lot of characters to practice

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There's reasons why I'm maining all 3 Links...
Me too.
It's too bad that Young Link has Triforce Slash though. I was really hoping he'd have Fierce Deity.

Ah well, it's not the end of the world.

beans

Smash Lord
Man Im still salty about the trophies.
It was really nice to clear a mode a get a trophy for your fighter.
Now you'll get a jpeg. Maybe a png. Not gif tough (Gif, cause making a word doesnt let you change how they work)
Also the fact they were replaced for what will be this games equipment system makes me even more salty.
I hated that whenever I wanted to make a costume fighter in the 3DS I had to give it equipments, I dont want to chage its stats I just want to give Yoshi an actual recovery,

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well, i think we will have to wait and see now...
That's literally what I said.

Look, Agumon could've been decided on in 2015, but Cyber Sleuths on Switch in 2019 does nothing for his chances in Fighter Pack 1.
Now you'll get a jpeg. Maybe a png. Not gif tough (Gif, cause making a word doesnt let you change how they work)
Also the fact they were replaced for what will be this games equipment system makes me even more salty.
I hated that whenever I wanted to make a costume fighter in the 3DS I had to give it equipments, I dont want to chage its stats I just want to give Yoshi an actual recovery,
You never had to add equipment though...you could just change the specials and do nothing else.

Did you not know that?

Also I understand the switch to Spirits because there would've been hundreds of thousands of trophies in this game and that would've been too much for the team. The development time would've cost one or two characters at the very least.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Because, to me, Piranha Plant sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn’t jive with the rest of the characters in the roster to me. Feels more like Mario Party than Smash Bros (Waluigi got ****ed hard). Glad for the people who do like it, but nobody should claim others should. Doesn’t matter if it’s free or $100–people are allowed to have differing opinions and to get whatever characters they want out of the selection.
I'm not saying you have to like him, I'm just sayin' it's weird that people are turning down free **** just because they don't like it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, i could care less about the trophies lol. I mean, models are cool and all, but besides that? eh.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
One thing I wish was different about Piranha Plant is it’s Final Smash. Petey is great and all but i would’ve liked the Piranha Plant transforming into Naval Piranha for the Final Smash as a reference to the first Yoshi’s Island. But I’ll still love the carnivorous plant nonetheless.
If it was Naval Piranha he transformed into, just attack him before he transformed and Kamek comes in.

Kamek: Oh my!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I’ve been ******* at all afternoon on Reddit for daring to go against the “Sakurai Defense Force” who won’t let you say a thing negative about his precious creations. I like the man, I like Smash, but I hated that Direct.
I’m still buying the game, though, so who wins in the end, I guess....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom