• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Online and Spirits together will be seventeen minutes of it. Extra modes, Trophies (if that's going to happen) and other small announcements will be around eight minutes. The rest of that time could definitely go to the final newcomers.
Yep

But on top of that

I have now Ben mentioned this

Sakurai said inklings and the Belmont are the only ones he's gonna talk about in directs

Tree house is handling those

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's nice and all that we're getting maybe 80 characters, and a whole ton of modes, and probably even the contents of the Grinch leak as well. But none of that's really important. You know what's important?

Is Ultimate gonna have its own Black Hole glitch?
if it does i hope is has absolutely nothing to do with the Black Hole item

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how time works, All i know is the direct starts at 8 am for me and it is currently 7:47 as i post this
Woops, I just double checked and it's at 15:00 not 13:00 here.

So now is gonna be just 24 hours. Yahoo.

Why I can't sleep more :(

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask.

What's the music used for Isabelle in her trailers? I'm not an Animal Crossing fan, so I have absolutely no idea what it is. :laugh:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I noticed that Rare hasn’t tweeted about Banjo in the last couple of weeks. Is that normal? I don’t know how often they usually tweet Banjo throwbacks.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Go to Nintendo’s official YT channel if you don’t wanna get spoiled. Do NOT go to the Nintendo Direct page as the Treehouse stream will be there too and that could potentially spoil stuff.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I noticed that Rare hasn’t tweeted about Banjo in the last couple of weeks. Is that normal? I don’t know how often they usually tweet Banjo throwbacks.
It's really inconsistent. I noticed a huge surge around, I think, September. But it could just be dependent on how much fan art they get (though, I'd think that would increase around this time). Not sure, though I don't think it means anything.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The New Leaf Tour Remix from Smash 4. Here it is!
Thank you kindly. :grin:

EDIT: Heh, one of the comments on that video...
"As a Ganondorf main, this is extremely upsetting. How am I supposed to concentrate with that distracting fishing rod being flung around?"

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask.

What's the music used for Isabelle in her trailers? I'm not an Animal Crossing fan, so I have absolutely no idea what it is. :laugh:
It's a remix of this but it's the one they used in Smash 4 I think. I'm listening to the Tortimer Medley from Smash 4 because I think it's a clip from that soundtrack.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Go to Nintendo’s official YT channel if you don’t wanna get spoiled. Do NOT go to the Nintendo Direct page as the Treehouse stream will be there too and that could potentially spoil stuff.
I'll have to keep that in mind for tomorrow! Nintendo's Official YouTube channel, got it. Thanks!

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I can actually imagine this right now. Picture the scene;

Sakurai is on a really comfy chair in some dark room. He's not seen daylight since the August Direct. He's taking a break from programming right now, looking at this thread, and laughing.
Inb4 that's the content of the actual Direct, and Sakurai is refreshing the page to watch the comments about him refreshing the page in real-time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Does the official Nintendo Youtube channel even have the Direct livestream up? Last time I checked it was only on Twitch.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
An easier way to avoid spoilers when watching after it airs is to just go to Twitch.tv/nintendo/videos and it will be the first one there. Going through their youtube channel you might get spoiled if they upload any videos after or something or are still streaming treehouse :/

Untouch

Smash Master
Imram and Emily are saying that a BIG third party isn't getting revealed.
Maybe we're getting a small one.
hes in.png

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I love how months ago, Verg stated that there would be disinformation and he would lay low.

Now with his cred on the line in the last FGC community that has not exiled him, he is on the offensive.

I imagine this will end the way it did for SC6, DBFZ, and the others.

Even if Grinch is fake, which I heavily doubt #TeamReal, I am confident Verg will go down tomorrow.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
A little offtopic but...

If there are any undertale fans in here, check their official twitter.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
First few seconds: "Assist trophy showcase"

Real talk tho: I'd be sad if it really was just Ken and Incineroar

Edit: Does everyone have their bingo squares ready? I'll probably create one for this direct

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
We'll still have a month and 6 days left after the direct

Happy Halloween!
True, but it'll be the best month and 6 days since the reveal. This Direct will either confirm or deny box theory and The Mean One leak, and from there we can just speculate and hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I can see the direct now

Sakurai saying "Before we go, we have one final announcement. Please, take a look:"

The screen fades to black, and the Smash cross appears and transitions, but it stays black. Then it slowly fades in, and you can hear sounds.

"Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us."

64e.jpg

D

Deleted member

Any updates since Verg going “yea isaac is assist”?
Emily Rodgers said there won't be any third party reveals at the direct, but considering Ken is all but officially revealed I'd take her word at face value.
Also only 24 hours left, we're in the end game now.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'll have to keep that in mind for tomorrow! Nintendo's Official YouTube channel, got it. Thanks!
Here's the link to the Official Nintendo Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo
And the UK Nintendo Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEG4fd9DERXPzziMo3WgYMA
And Japanese Nintendo: https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoJPofficial

Here's the link to the US Direct: https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-01-2018/
Here's the link to the UK Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OSFIBuaHj0
Here's the link to the JP Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQuFh_zgdsg

Enjoy.

EDIT: Why did I post all three, you might ask? For a very simple reason: The US Direct has Sakurai dubbed over, the UK Direct has Sakurai subtitled, and the JP Direct is the original Japanese footage with no translations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom