• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m gonna laugh hard if Issac is the first reveal and Sakurai says “we are sorry we had to wait so long to show you issac but some unfortunate events got in the way”

The look on vergibin would be priceless

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It would be PERFECT for your bad boi !! Until then, got you covered :yoshi:

''L'Orchestre de Jeux Video'' made a pretty sick Mario RPG mix. It's smooth but kick *** nonetheless. If Geno gets in there's no way we're not getting a remix of Beware the Forest Mushrooms.
Btw i saw your 2nd poster earlier, absolutely epic!
That made my night lol

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
My choice is 110% World Revolution from Chrono Trigger. There's few moments I remember more fondly than my first play through of Chrono Trigger getting to the moment this song starts playing. If Crono got in this song would be the song I'd miss most if it wasn't included

If they legit remixed Corridors of Time or Boss theme 2, I would die. Oh my God, imagine if they used the unused battle theme 2. It finally has its day in the sun. (excluding arena of the ages)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Jon said no King K. Rool right before he was revealed sooooooo
Honestly if the ****ing Dante leak turns out to be real I'm going to laugh.

Like, I'm sorry but I've been pulling for that leak since its inception pretty much. The second part legitimately predicted Isabelle (a fact which many are fast to disregard). If we actually get ****ing Dante, who originated as a meme on /v/, and the Dante leak is proven then all of this will have been worth it. Sora is just the icing on the cake.

Anyways, here are my predictions:
  • Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Second echo (not Shadow, maybe Dixie Kong?)
  • Dante
  • Sora/Geno
If Sora isn't revealed here, he's a lock for the VGAs as far as I'm concerned.
That is what I am thinking too. Except I think Shadow is still the most likely echo candidate after Ken. If there is another echo and it is not Shadow, I am guessing either Octoling or Impa.

I think Geno is the most likely Square-Enix character, but the Dragon Quest hero and Sora are possibilities too. I think there will be 4-5 reveals for the game left. Two more newcomers, two more echoes, and the first DLC fighter.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Prediction: Grinch leak is real..

Direct starts off with Isaac reveal, then The Authority comes out to cut a promo, shows us stuff like assist trophies more Pokeball Pokemon and more echos fighters so then we see Shadow and Ken team up in a boring tag match against the Usos... Cole's commentary is terrible hes all like "Shadow pinned the Uso" and afterwords Ken kicks him with everybody chanting CM Punk at him.. The Authority is back on to reveal more info then we see the final trailer to reveal the rest of the characters.. Geno is the main event.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Grinch talk is getting stale if it isn't already. We're approaching the sun now. The final blow for the main game. Time flew by fast, with a few exceptions and droughts, but we will finally know the true roster, and somebody's going to be happy. I don't know who. It could be me and the other Geno fans. It could be Banjo fans. It could be both. The Grinch leak could be real. Knowing that we will know the truth in 30 hours makes me excited. I really hope Geno's in the game. He's pretty much my only hope besides Banjo to some extent.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I mostly meant why would you think it was likely to see her in any context, that's all.

That said, though I love Phosphora, I don't think she's 2nd most likely, that would probably go to Hades or Viridi honestly, though I doubt we'll get anyone other then maybe Medusa as an Echo Fighter..which is sad to say since Medusa is my favorite Kid Icarus character and one of my most wanted 1st Party characters, but at this point I don't think she's super likely outside of maybe DLC..though I'd love to be wrong. I just doubt we'll get two Kid Icarus reps when I can't even see one as likely since there hasn't been a new Kid Icarus game yet so they aren't super relevant.

Oh... *is late*

Well, after that direct showing off some Assist Trophies, I would imagine Nintendo would do it again somewhere, perhaps in this upcoming direct. And if you're talking about playable characters, then I still stand by my thoughts that she has the 2nd best chance for KI rep after Medusa. Yea sure Hades is a good and fun villain, but as far as the KI characters go, we've actually seen Phosphora fight, and yes we've seen Hades fight too, but he was always a giant in Uprising as opposed to Phosphora who was slightly taller than Pit. And Viridi's in the background of the Reset Bomb Forest, though I am aware that she had a Mii costume in s4.

I surely won't doubt Medusa's chances though for her being the original big bad in the KI world and she herself has shown moveset potential. We'll never know yet though whether she and/or Phosphora get a chance, but considering the Insight Staff is a new item in this game, something tells me KI is still slightly on the radar despite being overshadowed by many of the other franchises.

NineS

Smash Lord
Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

I'm actually legitimately curious to know.
What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?
You know what...

It'd actually make a little bit of sense if she was...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Atleast it's a top 5 SE character for smash, imo.

TeamFlareZakk

I’m gonna laugh hard if Issac is the first reveal and Sakurai says “we are sorry we had to wait so long to show you issac but some unfortunate events got in the way”

The look on vergibin would be priceless
"Yes" chants will be heard around the world when Isaac is revealed as a new fighter.

radBoss

Smash Cadet
There is an interesting development in ResetEra right now. User Masozi has apparently been passed a less than 30 second video of a Nintendo character that is not Incineroar. They received it from a reliable source but are still unsure if it's completely legit or not so they are not giving details while they figure it out. They are refraining from postingthe video anywhere as well as the person watermarked it, for some reason. They are sure multiple other sources have received this same video.

The video apparently contains what appears the character being player controlled, showing off moves.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There is an interesting development in ResetEra right now. User Mazori has apparently been passed a less than 30 second video of a Nintendo character that is not Incineroar. They received it from a reliable source but are still unsure if it's completely legit or not so they are not giving details while they figure it out. They are refraining from postingthe video anywhere as well as the person watermarked it, for some reason. They are sure multiple other sources have received this same video.

The video apparently contains what appears the character being player controlled, showing off moves.
At this point, even video is hard to trust.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The lack of Geno would displease me, but 2b herself is cool.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why is everyone assuming Sora at VGAs?
Spawn Wave has been teasing it for the past month or so.

Multiple insider statements that there could be multiple Square Enix reps certainly help as well.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I'd be hella down. 2B would have a cool moveset.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
There is an interesting development in ResetEra right now. User Masozi has apparently been passed a less than 30 second video of a Nintendo character that is not Incineroar. They received it from a reliable source but are still unsure if it's completely legit or not so they are not giving details while they figure it out. They are refraining from postingthe video anywhere as well as the person watermarked it, for some reason. They are sure multiple other sources have received this same video.

I also have a video of a brand new character. You guys will be excited on Thursday.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Sure, Nier Automata's one of my favorite games of all time.
I definitely have some guys over her, but she's cool.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My final thoughts for the night?

While I trust Vergeben for the most part, I also think it is possible Nintendo is spreading misinformation.

It's looking bad for Isaac, but I don't think he's out completely. Only Thursday will really answer our questions.
If Isaac is truly an AT, all I can say now is prepare for a whole load of madness on Thursday.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
I don't truly believe Isaac or Geno are actually ATs. It'd be understandable if they were less popular and/or had no moveset potential at all, but that doesn't seem to be the case here at all, it's the opposite actually. I might be showing my bias here, but I definitely don't think they're assist trophies. They're either in the game, or not.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, after much back and forth in my head (jeez, Halloween night's gotta get here sooner so time can fly as I chill with friends),

One of two options are in my head.

1.) The leak is real. Regardless of what anyone else says when there has literally been zero visible evidence beyond words. Including the spotty track record of literally every single person who claims to have "inside" info. Many will be blown back, however it won't last. They will report on new stuff immediately afterwards because it's their job to take sources and information they hear and report on it. Rinse and repeat. Leak's real. Welcome home Shadow.

2.) The leak is fake. But literally none of those with "inside" info got anything correct, and Sakurai got his wish of surprising everyone after all.

For me? It's #1. I'm gonna stop reading GameFAQs, Reddit and 4chan now. Heading for bed, working one more day, then rising November 1st to whatever may happen. I'm 29 years old and feel like a kid again. It feels great.

1540531114135.gif

Have a good night everyone, and a Happy Halloween! Seeya after the Direct.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I'm going all out and saying the Grinch leak is real, but going into the Direct with an open mind it may be fake. And, if I somewhat misshype myself and that it is indeed fake? Well, at least I had a fun time doing so. ;)

TeamFlareZakk

Now I’m just picturing sakurai doing the McMahon strut lol didn’t know there were so many wrestling fans here
Yep, thats basically me... Always known as that wrestling guy in a video game community. lol (really though, my love for wrestling is #IIconic)

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
My crazy final third party prediction:

I think we're indeed getting Sora and Dante tomorrow.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Man, if Isaac isn't in after all this lead-up it'll be such a gut punch to his fan community. If he was an AT all along I wish Sakurai had let us down easy from the start. Instead of waiting until the very end after all of this other circumstancial evidence with the Rathalos tweet and then the Grinch leak and the sprout item all in one week.

I still don't 100% trust Verge here and I think the game is going to be amazing no matter what happens, but I'll feel especially bad for all my Isaac bros. We've already endured so much disrespect and dismissiveness, not to mention two games' worth of heartbreak. And now for Verge to drop this on us with some stupid wrestling mic drop gif too? It's just needlessly petty and he's certainly lost my respect forever even if he's right.

Anyways, either way I'll just go right back to supporting Isaac for Smash 6. And if he's in after all, I hope it'll be a lesson to everyone about trusting any leak 100% without official confirmation.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I swear if Dante becomes a reality and ya'll don't boo him and call for nerfs.

I see you all. That's all I'm saying.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Slightly disappointed.

She’s not Sora or Geno and I’ve never played her game so I don’t gave much to offer on her.

If it’s not Incenroar I wonder who it is.

ALso can I have a link to this dante leak that got isabelle right please?

TeamFlareZakk

Prediction: Kid Icarus boss character is Twinbellows, why? Because hes the boss for that first level where you first encounter Medusa and the Master Core's beast form was inspired by that boss battle so you'd think they recycle that into Twinbellows if Kid Icarus was to have a boss character added.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom