• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polan

Smash Lord
has anyone noticed crunchii (the guy who uploaded the menu theme) is uploading songs that haven't been confirmed to be in ultimate? is it just his wishlist or something? cuz i will break someone if Calling To the Night isn't actually in the game.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The truth is, if a character reaches Assist Trophy status, they weren't gonna get added as a fighter anyway. Being an Assist Trophy is not a "decomfirmation" it's not a "death". It doesn't "lower a character chances".
The problem is how it relates to DLC. I wanted Ashley to be playable in this game bad. I still do, and Will continue to push for her as DLC. She's literally the only character I feel I'll ever need in Smash left. Am I glad she didn't get Isaac'd? Absolutely. I'm even glad they gave her her classic red eyes back rather than the Black eyes from Game and Wario. The issue stands where It would be a shame if she doesn't get in Ultimate since, to me, it's perfect in everyway outside of her exclusion.

I really want a pure mage character in Smash. Something akin to a black mage and I feel she is the best option for it. While I do think her inclusion is an inevitiability in the future since Nintendo does like to use Ashley outside of Warioware, it will always suck that she missed out on Ultimate because of the dreaded assist trophy status. However, that status also puts her in a state of purgatory as it relates to DLC. If this were any other Smash game, I would have taken it in stride far better than I did for this Cycle, and it's literally because this game is that once in a lifetime chance.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Let's say your most wanted franchise, even one that has no chance, gets a song remixed for Smash.
Which song would you want to hear remixed for Smash?

My top pick would end up having to be this:
I have a difficult time choosing many others...
In terms of music, I'd really love A Hat in Time
Chibi-Robo doesn't have the most amazing soundtrack to fit Smash bros, I could see the main theme but most of the music is too chill for it I think

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
has anyone noticed crunchii (the guy who uploaded the menu theme) is uploading songs that haven't been confirmed to be in ultimate? is it just his wishlist or something? cuz i will break someone if Calling To the Night isn't actually in the game.
Nah, seems so far the only legit piece he got was the main menu theme.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Yo, who's excited for Doomguy to be revealed as a fighter in less than 36 hours?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m glad it’s happening on Thursday. It’s gonna come out in Japan on Thursday night at 11. Thankfully, I have a very busy day tomorrow plus a two hour English class from 7 to 9. Thursdays go by quickly so it’s not gonna drag on.

I will be watching it on mute or if I can find my headphones as to not wake my daughter up. I’ll watch it with sound on Friday.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I'm preparing for Geno, setting myself up for disappointment... or excitement.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Final stance on the leak: I believe it is real and will be verified tomorrow.

Between-
A) The immense amount of work put into making all of these physical materials.
B) The insane attention to detail with new character art and interactions, and the additions to existing character art.
C) The leaked unique characters all matching up with at least 2 of these 3:
-Recently redone trademarks (Golden Sun in particular was renewed noticeably early)- Mach Rider, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Banjo
-Secondary polls on ballot popularity (K. Rool proves we at least have a grasp of what's really popular)- Geno, Isaac, Banjo
-Sakurai's past comments (His desires and unimplemented ideas)- Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Geno
D) Ken is as close to confirmed as he can be, and as I've said before, Shadow makes absolute 100% perfect sense and I'd be beyond shocked if he weren't in.
E) The in-game menus looking neat and perfectly boxed- the character select will be a perfect 6 * 13 grid, and the music menu ending in a row of 4.
F) The unimaginable complexity and absurdity of the entire situation presented- two French printing companies and a 50-year-old Frenchman have their reputations on the line, with some kind of legal action to be taken by the end of this.
G) Insiders flip-flopping constantly, not even able to have consistency with each other. The fact Mystic has been the only one so far to even at least entertain the idea that he may not have the full story is really sad. Even if the insiders turn out to be right, the fact most of them show zero doubt at all makes me sick.
-I of course cannot be certain, but I have a STRONG gut feeling that this is really it, chief.

I will not be visiting the board again until the Direct is over, for the sake of avoiding possible spoilers. The hint of uncertainty is thrilling.

Regardless of my stance on the leak, I wish each of you the best of luck in seeing your favorite characters burst onto the scene with a catchy tagline.

Killer Queen approval.png
Godspeed, everyone.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Isaac ends up being an AT, I want to make a write-up regarding Isaac's chances in future Smash games.

I feel that it needs to be done. I personally feel some of the benefactors people have boldly claimed for the past months of speculation to be good for Isaac's chances in Ultimate to be very flawed. It is gonna be something that will move Isaac's fanbase forward.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m glad it’s happening on Thursday. It’s gonna come out in Japan on Thursday night at 11. Thankfully, I have a very busy day tomorrow plus a two hour English class from 7 to 9. Thursdays go by quickly so it’s not gonna drag on.

I will be watching it on mute or if I can find my headphones as to not wake my daughter up. I’ll watch it with sound on Friday.
For this next segment, it's very important that you listen. You'll miss incredibly vital details otherwise.
This is also the only time i'll say this, it will be edited out of all future uploads of this direct, so make sure you're listening!

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Ken, Incineroar, Dante and maybe a DQ character or Sora seems like the end game to me. Maybe Shadow too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
For this next segment, it's very important that you listen. You'll miss incredibly vital details otherwise.
This is also the only time i'll say this, it will be edited out of all future uploads of this direct, so make sure you're listening!
"This livestream will self-destruct in 10 seconds."

[mission impossible theme starts playing]

osby

Smash Obsessed
"This livestream will self-destruct in 10 seconds."

[mission impossible theme starts playing]
For only this direct, information will be directly transmitted to your brain, so I hope you weren't planing to find this later on YouTube.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Saw King K Rool on tv for the first time during RAW, he kicked Link off the stage.. It was so cool!

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Let's say your most wanted franchise, even one that has no chance, gets a song remixed for Smash.
Which song would you want to hear remixed for Smash?

My top pick would end up having to be this:
I have a difficult time choosing many others...
My choice is 110% World Revolution from Chrono Trigger. There's few moments I remember more fondly than my first play through of Chrono Trigger getting to the moment this song starts playing. If Crono got in this song would be the song I'd miss most if it wasn't included

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ken, Incineroar, Dante and maybe a DQ character or Sora seems like the end game to me. Maybe Shadow too.
Honestly if the ****ing Dante leak turns out to be real I'm going to laugh.

Like, I'm sorry but I've been pulling for that leak since its inception pretty much. The second part legitimately predicted Isabelle (a fact which many are fast to disregard). If we actually get ****ing Dante, who originated as a meme on /v/, and the Dante leak is proven then all of this will have been worth it. Sora is just the icing on the cake.

Anyways, here are my predictions:
  • Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Second echo (not Shadow, maybe Dixie Kong?)
  • Dante
  • Sora/Geno
If Sora isn't revealed here, he's a lock for the VGAs as far as I'm concerned.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
How is it that I was getting really anxious over the Grinch leak when we were two days in that mess yet I feel no stress about this upcoming direct

I must be pretty tired. I'm heading to bed (and also plan to be more talkative around here so i can get into the inevitable season three poster)

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628

Like, I'm sorry but I've been pulling for that leak since its inception pretty much. The second part legitimately predicted Isabelle (a fact which many are fast to disregard). If we actually get ****ing Dante, who originated as a meme on /v/, and the Dante leak is proven then all of this will have been worth it. Sora is just the icing on the cake.

• Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Dante
  • Sora/Geno
Haha I am right there with ya. Was always team fake on Grinch cause it is simply too good to be true. But I knew from the moment that Dante leak came out that it was scary. Was sure of it back then, and then I tried to forget it, and now it is back and I am fully locked in on it.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman

• Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Dante
  • Sora/Geno
Why is everyone assuming Sora at VGAs?

But Boshi would be represented by Yoshi... I'd just want a thrash metal rendition of the Yoshi's Story theme :yoshi:
It would be PERFECT for your bad boi !! Until then, got you covered :yoshi:
I want a kick *** orchestral remix of Beware the Forest Mushrooms. With epic brass horns and everything.
''L'Orchestre de Jeux Video'' made a pretty sick Mario RPG mix. It's smooth but kick *** nonetheless. If Geno gets in there's no way we're not getting a remix of Beware the Forest Mushrooms.
Btw i saw your 2nd poster earlier, absolutely epic!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hoping for Geno. Don't expect much but just maybe I'll get Geno

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
didn't toby fox say he was gonna announce something soon? 0_0
Tomorrow on the official Undertale Twitter, there's some kind of spooky thing going down where Toby's apparently going to be asking questions and getting feedback on his next project, but in a fun and creative way. There's already been a bunch of weird tweets on the account today (perhaps from Gaster?) and it'll continue tomorrow.

Probably unrelated to the Direct, of course. Just a fun way to make something of Halloween while involving fans in the creative process of whatever the next project is.

Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom