• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
I joked with someone a couple days ago that Tetris Block was one of the characters in the leak. If the Grinch leak is fake and it turns out the final characters are Ken, Incineroar, and Tetris Block I wouldn't even be mad. That would mean I'm like a prophet or something, I don't know...

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
I have a very VERY VEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYY strong feeling that tomorrow morning is gonna be a disaster. I definitely see more reliable insiders like Verge and some of the ResetEra members getting more information about the direct tomorrow.
This is well known, everyone here basically said that the ****fest will start after the direct. Hell is starting now that Isaac is basically an AT, Sakurai revived Isaac, to come back to Ultimate as a ****ing AT AND waited till the last direct to do so.

Thats a giant middle finger of "no isaac is never getting into smash, too irrelevant". Im not mad that Isaac is not in, just the way they did it lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean it wouldn't be unheard of for Youtubers to have some degree of sway over voting competitions.

Etika and Mangs are pretty much solely responsible for how well Donnel and Louise did on Fire Emblem Heroes' Choose Your Legends polls, respectively. Granted that's a smaller audience than Smash, but still.
Not unheard of sure, but for Smash?
Incredibly unlikely, which has a WAY bigger pool to draw from.

Especially with the pretty solid theory Bayonetta was planned from the start.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is well known, everyone here basically said that the ****fest will start after the direct. Hell is starting now that Isaac is basically an AT, Sakurai revived Isaac, to come back to Ultimate as a ****ing AT AND waited till the last direct to do so.

Thats a giant middle finger of "no isaac is never getting into smash, too irrelevant". Im not mad that Isaac is not in, just the way they did it lol.
By saying he's an Assist Trophy?

Shroob

Sup?

To be fair, we still need to wait and see on it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

tbf there's probably a different reason as Golden Sun was still alive when Brawl came out

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ah you know what? Screw it. Forget the Grinch, forget the insiders, and forget Verge as well. I'm going to make a 100% accurate prediction for the Nintendo direct in a totally serious non-****post.

It will open with a trailer that starts where the Samus trailer left off, with Zero Suit and Ridley going at it. Zero Suit will be knocked to the ground and Ridley will be preparing the finishing blow when suddenly, a voice calls out, "no dice, Cowboy!"

Stan Pines
Delivers a Slam Grunk!

Stan then leaps out and starts punching Ridley in the face, recreating the iconic action scene from Gravity Falls.
Pterodactyl Punch.gif

The trailer then shows an epic gameplay montage, confirming the Mystery Shack, Gravity Falls Main Street, Stan's Mindscape, Northwest Manor and the Nightmare Realm as the remaining 5 stages mentioned by Corocoro.

We then learn the box theory is real, but rather then Ken the secret echo fighter for Ryu was none other then Rumble McSkirmish. There are no new newcomers beyond that.

Masterpieces are confirmed to return, with The Great Stanmobile Escape and Rumble's Revenge being among the playable demos.

The remaining 22 minutes of the direct are then spent playing the in-character Stan Pines commentary for the Gravity Falls episode The Land Before Swine.

The direct then ends with Star Butterfly lying on the floor, murmuring the words, "I suppose I'll get my chance another day". Sorry @Tougon.
If even a single detail from this prediction turns out to be untrue then I will literally drink a glass of dihydrogen monoxide.

Look at what you've all done to me the tense atmosphere here is driving me insane.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what? How was he and every other supporter supposed to know Bayonetta would end up being the strongest character in that game?
I never said I take issue with it. Bayo is cool, and I could honestly not care at all about smash 4s meta.
I... doubt that.
Unless Alpha secretly works at Nintendo, I don't see how he had influence on her inclusion.
I don't think thats the case even remotely...
I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned, he's a Youtuber with a sense of humor that's somehow worse than that of John Oliver's.
I mean it wouldn't be unheard of for Youtubers to have some degree of sway over voting competitions.

Etika and Mangs are pretty much solely responsible for how well Donnel and Louise did on Fire Emblem Heroes' Choose Your Legends polls, respectively. Granted that's a smaller audience than Smash, but still.
This.

Alpharad literally asked people to vote for bayo. Combined with the general casual appeal she has and alpha's audience, it's not too unlikely that he helped votes go towards her.

- No source has ever deconfirmed him
- Mystic hints at a 3rd party shock
- A leak stated he was in that also got Isabelle's date on the money as well as possibly Ken and Incineroar
- Tansut claimed a leak ruffled feathers at a company linked with Smash, this being the aforementioned leak and Capcom being the company
- A total Sakurai pick

Guys, it's Dante. :(
Even if that's real, its not like the leak says its only him. There's chances for plenty of other characters.

Also the insiders are playing back and forth tennis with each other.

They've made it clear today no one truly knows whats in this direct, as every insider contradicts the next.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I wish I knew how to edit animated gifs. If someone were to edit the documents in the shredder with "vergeben theory" "mystic theory" "PappaGeno theory" etc. That would be awesome

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
By saying he's an Assist Trophy?
Yupp, i mean sure is a nice "gesture" to add him as AT but cmon on, he has been requested since years ago, at least he could bring a new AT from GS series but not the boy who could perfectly be a fighter.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Alright, so. I really gotta ask. Because it's been on my mind all day.

Let's go with the assumption that the banner is fake. Why, when it suddenly releases, does literally EVERYONE under the sun come out with info about the game that they otherwise withheld? And so aggressively/shooting down the real thing too? Like I honestly don't understand the purpose behind trying to be a party pooper (regardless of the legitimacy of this) asides from garnering attention. But it's SO many people. Like.

Was this game THAT ****ty at being kept a secret?
Simply put, if it's fake, it's because they had no intention of it getting out. It's only because the Smash fanbase has gotten itself all riled up and asking these people that they say it's fake. We keep pressuring them to give more info while they really are trying to keep the information secret to protect their sources. Ryce, for instance, got the information in August. Emily Rogers "supposedly" in June. The only reason they came out is because this leak probably exploded far bigger than it should have been.

Cena

Smash Rookie
NNID
pt_Cena
Is it too late to try to say "errybody calm down, papa Sakurai got us" or is the dumpster fire far too big to stop with normal means?

Whatever happens Thursday, this has been a ride.

That said, if we get Isaac and no Mia AT I will chuck a bus

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Alpharad literally asked people to vote for bayo. Combined with the general casual appeal she has and alpha's audience, it's not too unlikely that he helped votes go towards her.
Eh... Alpha wasn't nearly AS BIG back then to make that much of dent on the ballot.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
it will open with a trailer that starts where the Samus trailer left off, with Zero Suit and Ridley going at it. Zero Suit will be knocked to the ground and Ridley will preparing the finishing blow when suddenly
OwO what's this

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Nobody else thinks it’s odd that Vergeben said he’s known Isaac is an AT for awhile, but never felt the need to say anything and now a day from the Direct he feels the need to drop this information? Which you can see in his post he just wants to give a “take that!” message to the Grinch Leak believers.

So clearly he wants to shove this in the #TeamReal peoples’ faces, but apparently forgot a week ago when he was arguing about the Grinch Leak that he had “IsaacisAT” info.

Dude is full of **** and is trying to stick it to a community before he becomes irrelevant after Thursday’s Direct.
Agreed totally. He's pissed the grinch stole his limelight

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah you know what? Screw it. Forget the Grinch, forget the insiders, and forget Verge as well. I'm going to make a 100% accurate prediction for the Nintendo direct in a totally serious non-****post.

It will open with a trailer that starts where the Samus trailer left off, with Zero Suit and Ridley going at it. Zero Suit will be knocked to the ground and Ridley will preparing the finishing blow when suddenly, a voice calls out, "no dice, Cowboy!"

Stan Pines
Delivers a Slam Grunk!

Stan then leaps out and starts punching Ridley in the face, recreating the iconic action scene from Gravity Falls.
View attachment 173923

The trailer then shows an epic gameplay montage, confirming the Mystery Shack, Gravity Falls Main Street, Stan's Mindscape, Northwest Manor and the Nightmare Realm as the remaining 5 stages mentioned by Corocoro.

We then learn the box theory is real, but rather then Ken the secret echo fighter for Ryu was none other then Rumble McSkirmish. There are no new newcomers beyond that.

Masterpieces are confirmed to return, with The Great Stanmobile Escape and Rumble's Revenge being among the playable demos.

The remaining 22 minutes of the direct are then spent playing the in-character Stan Pines commentary for the Gravity Falls episode The Land Before Swine.

The direct then ends with Star Butterfly lying on the floor, murmuring the words, "I suppose I'll get my chance another day". Sorry @Tougon.
If even a single detail from this prediction turns out to be untrue then I will literally drink a glass of dihydrogen monoxide.

Look at what you've all done to me the tense atmosphere here is driving me insane.
Call me when Lord Hater gets in.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If the Grinch leak is fake it is by far the worst thing that could have happened to the community

A seemingly credible leak promising 8 characters and all of them being big pulls?

Being in a world of cynicism where everybody had pretty much accepted Kencineroar may have been depressing but at least people would have gotten hype from surprise additions. Now if it's anything less than Grinch people are gonna be salty

People are ALREADY salty

NineS

Smash Lord
Eh no were not. Still got like over 30 hours until it airs.
Point still stands regardless.
Subtract the time people will sleep, which assuming it is night time, I'll go on the dangerously low end and assume we get 5 hours of sleep each night minimum. That leaves us with about 20 hours. Of course, this is accounting for the western/American audience.

Either way, we're dangerously close. Getting all too into stuff like leaks now is kind of pointless.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One good thing about all of these differing sources is... we're basically going into this Direct ****in blind. Like, insiders say the banner is fake but no one has proof and NONE of the credible insiders can agree with each other.

I have zero expectations so I know I'll be blown away by all of it. I'm ready.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ohohoho, if anything, Bayonetta is made for a very niche fanbase of action fans, so niche that Sega didn't want to bankroll its sequel.
Her second game was already out by the time she was DLC, wasn't it?

She gained plenty of appeal there.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yupp, i mean sure is a nice "gesture" to add him as AT but cmon on, he has been requested since years ago, at least he could bring a new AT from GS series but not the boy who could perfectly be a fighter.
So the ideal situation is Mia as an AT but no Isaac at all?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Her second game was already out by the time she was DLC, wasn't it?

She gained plenty of appeal there.
Yeah but even then, she's still a niche character from a niche genre. She may have been more popular than she was in Bayonetta 1, but that's an extraordinarily low bar.
There's no way Bayonetta got so popular in the few months between her release and her DLC creation, even if an American youtuber helped support her.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
If the Grinch leak is fake it is by far the worst thing that could have happened to the community

A seemingly credible leak promising 8 characters and all of them being big pulls?

Being in a world of cynicism where everybody had pretty much accepted Kencineroar may have been depressing but at least people would have gotten hype from surprise additions. Now if it's anything less than Grinch people are gonna be salty

People are ALREADY salty
Yeah, would have been much easier to take in Kencineroar if this leak hadn't came around. But now I am in the Kencineroar + Dante camp, so I at least have a day to prepare for disappointment and focus all my hype on Spirits.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ohohoho, if anything, Bayonetta is made for a very niche fanbase of action fans, so niche that Sega didn't want to bankroll its sequel.
Speaking of Bayonetta, I'm sad Smash is coming out before Bayo 3. We could've gotten an alt costume based on her design in that game.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
So the ideal situation is Mia as an AT but no Isaac at all?
The ideal situation would be any GS playable, if not Mia as an AT and isaac just gone, but thats my opinion. So we can basically just ditch isaac.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but even then, she's still a niche character from a niche genre. She may have been more popular than she was in Bayonetta 1, but that's an extraordinarily low bar.
There's no way Bayonetta got so popular in the few months between her release and her DLC creation, even if an American youtuber helped support her.
Bayonetta most probably got in due to reasons unrelated to ballot but it doesn't mean she wasn't popular. There were multiple fan pools she scored in top ten and it's not like niche characters can't have strong fan supports.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

People are ALREADY salty
I mean... yeah... a lot of people have been saying this. People have been trying to tell others to "hype responsibly" only to be shot down for being a "hype killer" or to "let people have their fun".

Seems like a lot of people are regretting having that kind of fun :/

NineS

Smash Lord
Let's say your most wanted franchise, even one that has no chance, gets a song remixed for Smash.
Which song would you want to hear remixed for Smash?

My top pick would end up having to be this:
I have a difficult time choosing many others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom