• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If Anyone know the Full Roster. I'm absolutely Willing to believe it's ZhugeEX. Or at least. A big part of it.

He's not an attention ***** and he's actually super professional. If he hint that ResetERA's thread and member are close to piece things together it means he's not Bull****ting.
There were a few posts there talking about Geno as an AT before he posted

I'm scared friends...

But yeah, if anyone online knows the roster, it's him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But if Isaac wasn’t going to make it into the base game, why not save him for DLC?!!! It doesn’t make sense to just have him as an assist!
It's called "make the assist a fighter" later on if there's so much backlash. Sakurai's not the type of developEAr to think about DLC Day 1. Sure he can think about Day 1 DLC or whatever with season passes, but he's not thinking of the roster of DLC in its conceptual stages.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My prediction for the direct:

50% chance: Incineroar, Ken, Isaac, Shadow, Geno

25% chance: Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, either Isaac or Geno but not both

24% chance: Grinch leak is true (Praise Daddy Sakurai!)

1% chance: Kencineroar

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Disagree. I would rather not have Isaac in the game then have him as an AT.
So would you rather just have Nintendo forget he exists altogether?

I'm not going to try to shame anyone for being ungrateful nor am I going to pretend that this situation is ideal for Isaac but people take these things way too personally sometimes. It reminds me of that guy in the Mewtwo social who kept saying they'd rather have Mewtwo never come back then have him be a low tier again, since he "deserves better". (Funny how that turned out, by the way.)

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So people would rather have Golden Sun completely forgotten than at least represented in smash via an AT?
I understand the frustration of Isaac not being playable, but that's the rage talking, i'm sure even the developers of the game would be happy for him just to be there.
Still, PLEASE GRINCH TAKE MY ENERGY.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
For the record, it's vaguely annoying when people say that it's unfair for people to be upset about disappointing final character reveals because "the game already has so much!". Personally, the most important part of a Smash game to me is the inclusion of new characters I like. I don't care about about any of the newcomers they've added so far. They make people a lot of other people, but they aren't making me happy. I have several characters I would like to see added, each one a realistically possible choice for Smash, and none of them look to be getting in. So...yeah.

I feel like I'm justified some salt if the final Direct is as disappointing as it's looking to be.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
People are bummed about Isaac and getting stupidly pessimistic. Come on guys, I know it sucks, but there hasn't been a single leaker that said it's only two characters.

There are just characters coming that aren't on the banner.
Elma. Phoenix Wright. Travis Touchdown. James Bond.

Plenty more for me to be hyped for potentially, and plenty more we will get for DLC I'm sure.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And verge has known about half the roster, I doubt he lucked out and knew Issac was an assist when it doesn't fit in line with his sources.

All his info was just confirmed characters, and hints at future ones like the minecraft stuff. His source just going "hey issac isn't in sucks for his fans" and him witholding that is a **** move and just doesn't seem legit.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
What if Vergeben is actually a saint in disguise, getting everyone's hopes on Isaac shot down 2 days before the direct... for then, when the actual direct rolls, everyone hears those simple words "...Move!". Bam, Isaac is in, but Grinch leak was fake. People rejoice once more and forget all about the damn leak. Vergeben leaves, with a smile on his lips, never to be seen again (on the Smash community)

(Yes I know I'm doing more harm than good I'm sorry)
I'd doubt it. Verge honestly just want's to hurt the Smash community imo. If anyone want's to bring up counterpoints, but yeah.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
We are locking our predictions? ok

First.. i suspect that 5 new characters may be too much, but i will play along and be optimistic.
Newcomers:
Incineroar
Isaac
Steve
Chorus Kids
Skull Kid

Echoes:
Ken
Shadow

Assist:
Mach Rider.

Honestly, i choose to be ballsy with this predictions, but i honestly don't expect to be much spot on... but for teh sake of fun, i took some risks.

also, I will choose to not believe vergeben for this one... but honestly isaac supporters should take it as a warning... plus honestly shouldnt be better to despair one day and either took better the blow, or be surprised?

Skull kid and Steve/Alex are kinda my wild picks. but i feel is more likely to atcually have geno, even if the leak is not real.

Edit: honestly i say honestly a lot :/

Last edited:

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
<-- Friendly reminder some of the best characters will never get into Smash.
It wouldn't make sense to add Saitama. Every attack would be a final smash that comes out frame 1, his stand still animation would have super armor, so would his jump, walk, and dashing animations.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I understand why we should be grateful to Sakurai. Smash Ultimate has already proved that it's been a result of an ungodly amount of work.

However, I just simply do not understand why they would save these characters for assist trophy reveals.

Usually Assist Trophies tend to gain the most hype when it's an unexpected character (like Nikki or the Majora's Mask Moon)...

However, when it's a MAJOR character like Waluigi or Shovel Knight, most of the reactions i've seen so far tend to be along the lines of "awwwww" rather than "YEAAAH!"
I am right there with you my friend, 100%. I don't understand it either. As a diehard Ridley supporter, I've always loved Isaac fans. They've been good to us Space Pirates, and I'm still really pulling for him to playable.

If he's an assist trophy, I can't help but feel like Sakurai goofed up. At least with Waluigi they got it over quick. He was one of the first AT's revealed. To drag out Isaac's AT reveal for 5 months is more than a tad out of touch.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If Isaac is an assist; he's not DLC. Simple. I'd rather him be absent and saved for DLC. But again; why believe Verg on this anyways?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
That sucks that Issac is just an assist. Really hoped it was Chorus Kids but you know...

Anyways, I realized that the icon Noipoi Noipoi drew for me doesn’t have “Foxy Grandma” on it... maybe because the one my friend made for me wasn’t able to fit that on there...

NineS

Smash Lord
Regardless of the outcome, looks like the final day is quickly approaching.Halloween, of all days, is the day between us, and what may be the final and biggest announcements for Smash we're getting this year.
Leaks, real or not, aren't going to matter pretty soon. At least until DLC.
Whoever gets in, even if they're someone I never knew about or never cared for, I'll be happy for. If someone I wanted badly doesn't make it in, I'll just have to try harder next time for DLC. If they get deconfirmed, I'll happily settle for whatever we've already got.

Sora, Geno, Isaac, Boshi, Ken, Incineroar, etc., Whoever makes the cut, or gets stuck as a boss/assist trophy, I think I'll be happy with them. I mean, I never thought we'd get a smash where King K. Rool, let alone Ridley and every smash character that's come before him at once.

Whatever happens in the end, even if it might be unsatisfactory or disappointing to some, or cause outrage to others (looking at you sans, steve,) I think all of the anger behind them will sink as soon as we have the game in our hands and they're hopefully not SSS ranked on the tiers.

2B or not 2B, I'm gonna be happy with the outcome. I know it for a fact.
Either way, just wanted to drop this quick image here ahead of time..

emilloween smash.png

Happy Halloween! Just one day away from the last bit of news.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
    synonyms:exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;
    informalpurple prose, puffery
    "the media hyperbole that accompanied their championship series"
Congrats, you can c+p

The internet is a wonderful tool that clearly anyone can use

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
really wish i didnt read any of these insider claims

yeesh :/

i hope sakurai manages to still surprise us in a good way

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
So people would rather have Golden Sun completely forgotten than at least represented in smash via an AT?
I understand the frustration of Isaac not being playable, but that's the rage talking, i'm sure even the developers of the game would be happy for him just to be there.
Not being in the game means that he wasn't considered, which is fine. Golden Sun is a dead series and I can see it being passed over despite fan demand. Being an AT means they took a close look at him and decided his fan favorite status wasn't enough, which...stings. Especially since becoming an AT means he's almost certainly not going to be DLC.

I really don't want to be playing a match, see an Isaac AT pop up, and internally go "it would be nice to be playing him instead".

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Idea: Photoshop a guy with an Isaac profile pic sending a death threat to Sakurai. Bam, instantly ruin his fanbase’s reputation.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wait a minute. How the **** did we go from Verge says Isaac's an assist, therefore Kencineroar... for a 40 minute Direct? With hints of 108 stages not just from CoroCoro. Also, it should be noted to those who question insiders--Verge, is an insider. ;)

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Isaac has to be in. An assist trophy wouldn't be hinted at as much. Considering how much Vergeben has gotten wrong. (Simon at E3, Richter, King K Rool, official confirmation of Isabelle being an original character or an echo.) Also, the Direct would not be 40 minutes long and reveal only 3 characters. Sakurai would only reveal Spirits, and explain certain things. He wouldn't show too much of Spirits as he'd want us to experience the mode for ourselves. Meaning Spirits and other modes would likely take 20 minutes. And reveals would take another. DLC would also be hinted at towards the end knowing Sakurai.

Regardless, this game is still going to be the Ultimate Smash experience.
Firstly, Verge never said that Simon would be revealed at E3, Secondly, he never said K.K Rool wasn't in, and thirdly, I am not explaining this for the millionth time to people like you.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Feeling pretty empty right now. Can't believe after a week of insane speculation and hype Kencineroar might be truly what we're getting.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If Anyone know the Full Roster. I'm absolutely Willing to believe it's ZhugeEX. Or at least. A big part of it.

He's not an attention ***** and he's actually super professional. If he hint that ResetERA's thread and member are close to piece things together it means he's not Bull****ting.

Honestly if this goes any other way throw everyone out but that guy.

I'm tired of this ****. Its dumb, its all dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom