• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I understand it's bittersweet, but having nothing over something because it wasn't as you wanted it seems a little petulant to me. I get how seeing him might sting and remind people of how he didn't become playable, but looking at it as if the glass were half full instead of empty... this'll be his first appearance in eight years. This'll be his first appearance in HD. I'm gonna be happy just seeing him again.

I mean, am I disappointed he's not playable? Sure. But I just like Isaac... I'll take the character however I can. Now maybe if he was K. Rool or Ridley levels of popularity I'd be a bit more peeved, but he wasn't. Prior to like... August, most people were counting him out anyway.

Part of me was scared he was gonna be nothing again. He obviously deserved more than that, but that was also true for Smash 4.
i never got the "might as well have him as an assist!" argument. you cant play as him whether he's an assist or not there. him being an assist just says they know he exists, and for a character as popular as isaac, thats a huge slap in the face.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yes, Castlevania was the day after though. But I guess time doesn't really mean much here.
Huh? The music update came after the 8/8 direct, with the last track being a week before. Isabelle's song was added to the website the week after the September direct, so we only have this music-skip thing having precedent with a new series.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Despite being over talking about rumours, it sure is nice going into the final Direct not really knowing what's going to happen.

I'm still salty that I didn't get to see Bowser Jr.'s trailer as a surprise announcement, cos I would have freaked out.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute. How the **** did we go from Verge says Isaac's an assist, therefore Kencineroar... for a 40 minute Direct?
People are mistaking Verg's two confirmed characters (Ken/Incineroar) as him saying those are the only characters.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I'm already more than satisfied with the roster, so I really don't care who else is added at this point, but I'll still feel bad for the supporters whose characters didn't make it in unless they act really insufferable and salty (flashbacks to some of the Ridley and K. Rool fans during the Smash 4 era).

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Everyone quick! Lock in your final guesses

Me: Ken, Incineroar, Shadow, Dragon Quest character.

Sora at VGA announced as first DLC
Alright. My predictions are a bit... complex... and not specific, so try to stay with me

1. Ken (echo of Ryu)

2. Shadow (echo of Sonic)

3. Some Xeno character. Either one scenario or the other, NOT both:
a. KOS-MOS + T-elos as an echo (They get revealed in a similar way to Simon & Richter)
OR
b. Elma

4. 1-2 of these 3 characters
a. Chorus Kids
b. Incineroar
c. Mach Rider

5. 1 of these 2 characters
a. Isaac
b. Geno

So in total: 5-7 characters; 3-4 unique, 2-3 echoes

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Wait a minute. How the **** did we go from Verge says Isaac's an assist, therefore Kencineroar... for a 40 minute Direct? With hints of 108 stages not just from CoroCoro. Also, it should be noted to those who question insiders--Verge, is an insider. ;)
108 stages is the most shaky evidence of them all. It makes no sense for CoroCoro to get priviledged information as these are probably the same for all these magazines. It was very much likely the dumbest typo ever.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Friendly reminder that Ghost Trick and other series will be forgotten franchises because Capcom keeps setting unrealistic expectations for game sales.

Smh...
At the very least, it was a good game for what it was and didn't end on a cliffhanger or sequel hook or whatever.
Just a great *** story with fun characters and a charming soundtrack. Also it has Lynne, which automatically makes it GOTYAY.

Maybe in that MvC4, he'll have a chance...
You're telling me. Imagine being a badass like Sissel and being left to fade into time, smh.

At least Ace Attorney fans will hold Ghost Trick dear.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Didn't Vergeben say a few months ago Nintendo was giving out false info to insiders?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76820031?page=1
Again, leak bait only works if each person is told something different. Vergeben has 3 sources. So if all three are hearing the same thing then its not leaker bait as multiple people won't be told the same thing. Thats what hes saying here and is saying that if a single source is telling him something, he has to be extra cautious until someone else tells him the same thing.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
All right this news has officially completely devastated me.

AT'ing Isaac, Geno, and Shadow would be the single biggest ****ing middle finger Sakurai could jam up our asses. IK this is the best Smash game ever but like...I can't even begin to describe my feelings of rage.

**** Vergeben for sitting on this information and now swinging in to kill everyone's hype. Again.

**** the grinch leaker for raising our hopes with an "un-debunkable" leak, only to have it turn out false. Sure it made things exciting but it'll only make us all angrier in the end.

IK I'll get lots of angry messages, people telling me to be calm, etc. I know it's not the end of the world. But this is going to take some time for me to get over. A very LONG time.

Shadow, Isaac, and Geno are never going to be in smash because of this.

Goodbye smashboards, I'll maybe see you after the direct drops, Kencineroar is it, box theorists rejoice, and the smash community is a raging ****storm inferno of salt. Idk why Sakurai has decided this, and why Nintendo's marketed this game so badly. Life's unfair sometimes and I'll get over it. But god damn it hurts.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's time for Tails to rise up as the actual Sonic newcomer rep and not Shadow.

The Grinch leak looking like it's fake is giving me a TON more hype now.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Which is why I don't think Ken and Incineroar are the only characters left, if Incineroar is in the game at all. There's no way Sakurai would frontload the announcements with all the biggest characters and save the most (generally) disappointing ones for last. He knows what people want, that's been proven. So for him to close out the hype train with characters he would know aren't the most requested seems unlikely.
I know this point has been repeated ad nauseum but it seems people keep forgetting it. The last smash reveal has never been hype worthy. And this has repeated over the course of 3 games. Can Sakurai break a pattern? Of course he can but I Will remind everyone that the "Mario franchise gets a new character" and the "Fire Emblem gets a new character" patterns are still in this Smash with the "Pokémon gets a new character" pattern looking likely.

Dang.

If Grinch Leak is true, insiders' reputations are ruined.

If Box Theory is true, insiders' reputations are still ruined.

They get their info from a source, not the higher-ups at Nintendo. That's where the fake info comes in.
Woah! Dont put all the insiders in the same box. As it has been pointed out, there is contradictory information between them so judge every insider by their own merits.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
108 stages is the most shaky evidence of them all. It makes no sense for CoroCoro to get priviledged information as these are probably the same for all these magazines. It was very much likely the dumbest typo ever.
That's why I said "not just CoroCoro". There's rumors flying all over the place for more stages now. But yes, that's the shakiness, along with many rumors for other characters--the 40 minute Direct is the best hint.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m just gonna take a break from the thread until the direct is finished airing. Whatever happens, happens.

Also, as it’s October 31st in my timezone...

FF8A0A84-4845-4341-9B4F-D754DCD1D714.jpeg

MERASMUS HAS RISEN!

Happy Halloween folks!

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
I just got back, Why are we saying Isaac is an AT now?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You're telling me. Imagine being a badass like Sissel and being left to fade into time, smh.

At least Ace Attorney fans will hold Ghost Trick dear.
When's Ghost Trick x Ace Attorney?
Imagine the technicalities of crime when you have the supernatural powers, someone who can channel the dead, AND someone who can reset time to 4 minutes before death.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Anyways since Grinch is dying...

I hope the several young virgins that I’ve killed will be enough to sustain the prince of darkness and allow Deathborn to be in Smash

LetterO

Smash Lord
Jeez, being here is actively killing my hype. I really don't want this to be the actual case.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Wait a minute. How the **** did we go from Verge says Isaac's an assist, therefore Kencineroar... for a 40 minute Direct? With hints of 108 stages not just from CoroCoro. Also, it should be noted to those who question insiders--Verge, is an insider. ;)
This is what's confusing me even more. If not Isaac, then who are these extra fighters? Who are the characters on the Grinch leak that are ACTUALLY in?

Who the hell actually made it in this game?

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, even though I'm not picking one side or another in regards to the Grinch "Leak"

It seems crazy how quickly #TeamReal, the "**** INSIDERS" team, is folding as soon as Vergeben, an Insider, says something.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Idea: Photoshop a guy with an Isaac profile pic sending a death threat to Sakurai. Bam, instantly ruin his fanbase’s reputation.
Idea: Photoshop this guy with his Villager profile pic sending a death threat to Sakurai. Bam, instantly cementing Villager's reputation as a deranged killer

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

AT'ing Isaac, Geno, and Shadow would be the single biggest ****ing middle finger Sakurai could jam up our *****. IK this is the best Smash game ever but like...I can't even begin to describe my feelings of rage.

**** Vergeben for sitting on this information and now swinging in to kill everyone's hype. Again.

**** the grinch leaker for raising our hopes with an "un-debunkable" leak, only to have it turn out false. Sure it made things exciting but it'll only make us all angrier in the end.

IK I'll get lots of angry messages, people telling me to be calm, etc. I know it's not the end of the world. But this is going to take some time for me to get over. A very LONG time.

Goodbye smashboards, I'll maybe see you after the direct drops, Kencineroar is it, box theorists rejoice, and the smash community is a raging ****storm inferno of salt. Idk why Sakurai has decided this, and why Nintendo's marketed this game so badly. Life's unfair sometimes and I'll get over it. But god damn it hurts.
For the love of god, CALM THE **** DOWN. There’s absolutely no proof of any of this. Tempering your expectations is a good thing, but for the love of god.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If we're looking at the insiders, we're hypothesizing Kencineroar and two unknown characters, with everyone else in the leak taking on some other role.

We're ballparking 4-5 reveals.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Springman and Rex and Pyra are the only ones that I can think of as most likely DLC candidates at the moment.
^Profile pic is but a clone of my base form... Silly Team Rocket James. lol

As for DLC, Im thinking if leak is real: Incineroar, Medusa, Dixie, Sora and lets go balls to the wall with a certain second Microsoft rep.. Master Cheif! My top 5 guesses if leak is for realsies.. Though I do believe there may be a few more than five.

D

Deleted member

Okay, regardless of what happens, just think...

...The roster is still better than every other game by default, and we still got Ridley and K.Rool.

---
**** dude I just remembered Snake is back. Grinch leak characters would be great, but I mean
Snake and Cloud are in the same Smash game.
That's a goddamn miracle.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

AT'ing Isaac, Geno, and Shadow would be the single biggest ****ing middle finger Sakurai could jam up our *****. IK this is the best Smash game ever but like...I can't even begin to describe my feelings of rage.

The direct hasn't happened and nothing is confirmed. Chill. Even if it's worst case-scenario for you...the game wasn't made for you..so chill. There is no reason to be so invested.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
You play with the cards you're dealt. I'm gonna try to make the most of them, but you can fold if you want.
I don't consider your most wanted character being an AT to be playing the card you're dealt. Literally nothing about that would make me happy. I don't really care about arbitrary representation in Smash for characters I really like who actually have a chance to be playable - it's playable or bust. It would literally make me happier not to put him in the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom