• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Ok at this point I think our answer is pretty ****ing obvious.

No way did Nintendo not send out BS info about the direct. That's exactly why every insider has a different story. It's not even a conspiracy, its so in our face and their face that it should have been noticed sooner.
Namco probably convinced them to do that.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Hello again, everyone.

I'm starting to believe this leak a bit more.

Sadly, the timing of the direct is not so good for me.

Has any notable discussion occurred?

Additionally, could anyone direct me towards theoretical movestes for the Chorus Kids? in my brief research on them, I am having trouble seeing what they can actually do int he context of smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

No way did Nintendo not send out BS info about the direct. That's exactly why every insider has a different story. It's not even a conspiracy, its so in our face and their face that it should have been noticed sooner.
Especially with some insiders like Vergeben (supposedly) claiming that they send out fake info.

Yet apparently they never get fake info anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The only logical way for our usual insiders to be true and for the Grinch Leak to be true is that if the characters not chosen for a match can be summoned as Assist Trophies.

Do I think that it would be a cool feature to have? Yes. Hell Yes.
Do I think that it's likely to be in the game? Not so much.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Whoever said to me that people didn't "hate box theory just because it revealed just 2 characters" and "didn't like the grinch leak just because it has a ton of fan favorite ones", well...

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hello again, everyone.

I'm starting to believe this leak a bit more.

Sadly, the timing of the direct is not so good for me.

Has any notable discussion occurred?

Additionally, could anyone direct me towards theoretical movestes for the Chorus Kids? in my brief research on them, I am having trouble seeing what they can actually do int he context of smash.
Issac depression, tdlr

paper roxy

Smash Ace
And of COURSE my most wanted Smash character in history, Geno, is the one character who seems the most mysterious in all of this. XD Not one insider saying confirm or deconfirm. XD I am trembling right now.
if it means anything sakurai has wanted him since brawl and he got a mii costume because he couldnt be in as a fighter for 4, but take that with a grain of salt, considering ive lost all hope as of today with all this insider **** and i used to be an avid defender of the grinch leak. its just exhausting to care so much about something that has the odds against it

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't believe people still treat getting made into an assist trophy like it's an insult. Assists are a way to represent characters and franchises who didn't get playable representation for x, y or z reasons. No need to take it so personally. Assists may not be as good as having the character be playable for real, but they're still generally made with respect for the character and their fans.

It's better then Isaac not returning at all.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
He's probably a really talented artist.
Or, like I said, an average Photoshop user who took a blurry picture to cover up the evidence. If he was a really talented artist, like the guy who made the Bomberman picture I just linked to, he could take a clear picture and be even more convincing. Or, if the narrative is to be believed that he did it out of some disdain for Nintendo, a clearer image of the banner would have been more damaging to Nintendo than a blurry image that can be contended.

bbybae

Smash Cadet
honestly I almost want someone to debunk the Grinch leak so that hype is back at maximum for the reveals...
especially if it turns out to be real

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Is that a joke? Or is there something I don't know about?
The guy who spent $4,000 buying hundreds of Rosalina Amiibos so others couldn't buy them because he hated Rosalina fans is heavily speculated to be behind the Grinch Leak. If he has that much money to waste out of pure hatred, it wouldn't be out of the question that he commissioned an artist a **** ton of money to make a really convincing leak.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Me sleeping peacefully tonight knowing nothing can be confirmed or proved false unless Sakurai himself says it in the direct and it’s coming in two days.
AB5BE5EE-C488-49D9-A044-FEFBADD0CA1C.jpeg

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Skull Kid and Geno are the ultimate mystery. Geno could be one of the ATs people say are on the banner, but he could also be the Square Enix character that Verg has mentioned before.

Skull Kid is completely free from all of this and now has a high possibility of getting in if Grinch is fake.
Oh good God, there is nothing, absolutely nothing that could be worse than waiting all these years, when his chances have never been higher, to find out Geno is an AT at the last second. X_X

StarLight42

Smash Lord
SHADOW is an assist too?

I will officially dislike the direct if that happens. I know that's a really petty thing to do and Sakurai has worked very hard. But that's probably the trolliest move on earth. Shadow is legit one of my most wanted characters for this game and I thought his chances when up dramatically when echoes were introduced.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I could see Ken and Shadow being revealed kind of unceremoniously, and then since we've heard a lot of rumors about two characters sharing a trailer, I think we could get two unique newcomers in one trailer, so that could be 4 newcomers.

That seems like something that could make sense, or maybe it's way off base, hell if I know, I just want to see the direct!
I think the best way to think about it is what two characters that we know of, Grinch or no-Grinch, makes sense to be together in a direct.

Skull Kid and Geno are both astral-themed and small, puppet characters. Incineroar and Ken are both fighters with flame attacks.

Mach Rider and Shadow both drive bikes and have guns.

Of the above, the only other one I would guess is Incineroar and Skull Kid for the Sun and Moon thing I mentioned earlier.

Shroob

Sup?
Smash 4: Ridley and Chrom got raw ends of the deal

If this leak is fake.... are Waluigi and Isaac the next "Get their chance another day?"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the other hand though I do admit this does give me hope for Black Shadow, Elma, Leon Powalski, Medusa and Nightmare.

That is if Verge's claim is true.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
SHADOW is an assist too?

I will officially dislike the direct if that happens. I know that's a really petty thing to do and Sakurai has worked very hard. But that's probably the trolliest move on earth. Shadow is legit one of my most wanted characters for this game and I thought his chances when up dramatically when echoes were introduced.
It wouldn't even make sense, as KNUCKLES is now Sonic's assist

D

Deleted member

So, this is what it feels like to have you hopes and dreams crushed, huh?

The guy who spent $4,000 buying hundreds of Rosalina Amiibos so others couldn't buy them because he hated Rosalina fans is heavily speculated to be behind the Grinch Leak. If he has that much money to waste out of pure hatred, it wouldn't be out of the question that he commissioned an artist a **** ton of money to make a really convincing leak.
....MarioTehPlumber?!

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, our favorite Veggie Burger says Isaac was dug up from the grave only to be made an assist again?

To all you Isaac fans, we don't have long to wait. Keep your hope, we'll know for sure very soon.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I'm not even a huge fan of Isaac and i'm already feeling anti-hype with this direct.

How the **** did that fake Grinch leaker pull off all of that fake ****? I simply refuse to believe all of that happened unless we have a superhuman living somewhere in the world.
Or someone as smart as Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne (do you know how many degrees that man has? :eek:) put together.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
SHADOW is an assist too?

Wait is that true that somebody said that? Oh god that gives me hope for Tails.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Or, like I said, an average Photoshop user who took a blurry picture to cover up the evidence. If he was a really talented artist, like the guy who made the Bomberman picture I just linked to, he could take a clear picture and be even more convincing. Or, if the narrative is to be believed that he did it out of some disdain for Nintendo, a clearer image of the banner would have been more damaging to Nintendo than a blurry image that can be contended.
That's the funniest part. If Bomberman wasn't deconfirmed at E3, that picture would absolutely be able to pass as the real thing, no doubt. Heck, Wario's even REACTING to it lmao.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
He's probably a really talented artist.
It has nothing to do with being an artist. The banner part of the leak is honestly the worst part about it. It's all the surrounding evidence that made people think it was real.

If the leaker had just posted the banner pic and nothing else, it would've been dismissed as another fake 4chan leak.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So based on the hints there are giving us I believe this is what its looking like:

Playable: Ken, Incineroar
ATs: Isaac and Geno
Not in the Game: Mach Rider
Mystery: Shadow, Chorus Kids, Banjo

cybersai

Smash Ace
At this point the final roster is looking to be Incineroar, Ken and maaaybe Skull Kid. If we're lucky Geno and Dixie too.

paper roxy

Smash Ace

god, i hope so. i really dont want to believe sakurai is enough of an ass to tease isaac just for him to be an assist trophy

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So now ZHugeEx is backing up the Isaac = AT claim?

Rip him. Sorry fans :/
He never did that. Just made a a vague post about "people putting the pieces together".

For all we know he could have been referring to Shadow who was also cited in the post to be an AT again. Or some of the other characters.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
So based on the hints there are giving us I believe this is what its looking like:

Playable: Ken, Incineroar
ATs: Isaac and Geno
Not in the Game: Mach Rider
Mystery: Shadow, Chorus Kids, Banjo
Where are we getting this that Geno is an AT? That hasn't be said anywhere.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Forget Unique character predictions, which echoes is everyone still hoping for?

I'm still hoping for:

Hilda
Funky Kong
Black Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom