• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Oh boy...ZhugeEX himself commented on the ResetERA thread

Source

For people who will asks, ZhugeEX is a VERY reliable industry analyst when it comes to sales, and all of that economical stuff more...Important stuff who happens to have tons of **** right by sometimes teasing things-

Supposedly, it seems that people at ResetERA are gettig close to the truth with their speculation?
So does this mean he thinks it's real or fake?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Paging Noipoi Noipoi , paging Dr. Noipoi.

I have something for you.

You put so much effort into those posters I thought you deserved something in return (also I happened to be in a very good mood today).
AshleyAndIncineroar.png
Hope you enjoy it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You might be placing a little too much faith into 2 people who've been changing their opinions on everything the past day.
ZhugeEX was team Fake since the first day tho. He never said anything, just placed a vote in the poll, and only now commented.

Also.

Time to put my tinfoil hat on.

:4pacman: Sora is in.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Would you be okay with a Rhythm Heaven rep that isn’t Chorus Kids if they are an AT? I’m not familiar with the series and I only see Karate Joe mentioned if not the Kids.

Karate Joe might be possible if people were on to something with that tv reference in the K. Rool reveal trailer.
That was never a reference, it's just a generic anime pose for characters lazying around.

Gamexplain jumped the shark the hardest on that one.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Would you be okay with a Rhythm Heaven rep that isn’t Chorus Kids if they are an AT? I’m not familiar with the series and I only see Karate Joe mentioned if not the Kids.

Karate Joe might be possible if people were on to something with that tv reference in the K. Rool reveal trailer.
I would be fine with any of the big cannidates to be honest with ya...
I prefer Tap Trial Girl and Reporter over Chorus Kids so I wouldn't be too upset...

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Chorus Kids likely had a moveset designed for Smash 4. Why would Sakurai bring them back as an AT if at all?
lately the Assist trophies have been showing more of a 'character moveset' kind of feel to them - just look at Alucard, he could very well be a playable character.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Geno/Isaac's fates.
Sora being in or not.
They all feels that Mach Riders is an AT, and that there is chance that Geno might one too sadly.
Chorus Kids Being AT too.
They feel somehow comfortable with Isaac being in.

Banjo seems to be out somehow-
No

I refuse to believe to believe Geno is an assist. He’s playable or not in at all.

And if he was assist not only does that straight up make Sakurai a liar( he has gone in record saying Geno would be perfect as a character)

It would also piss so many people off and he would have been revealed by now to curve some black lash.

And I find it extremely unlikely either of those scenarios play out.

Sakurai loves Geno, knows there’s demands and has square on board already. There is no way he gets regulated to an assist trophy status

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, becausw that one game he was in 20 years ago was super good and laid the groundwork for two other super good RPG spinoffs.
It's still a Mario game at the end of the day, I think people underestimate how much weight that has. I'm not saying he's on the scale of other Square properties, but compared to other Square properties in a Nintendo centric game?
The game was good. I played it. I enjoyed it. I'm not anti-Geno at all. But I'm also a realist, and outside of the Smash fandom's echo chamber, Geno's not well known by any stretch of the imagination. If you mean "Nintendo-centric" as in a Square owned property guest starring in a Nintendo IP? Yeah, he has no competition because that rarely happens. Square games that were Nintendo-centric? Like half of their hits were exclusively on the SNES. Pick one.

Geno fans: Embrace your underdog role instead of trying to convince people you're actually the favorite.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
ZhugeEX was team Fake since the first day tho. He never said anything, just placed a vote in the poll, and only now commented.

Also.

Time to put my tinfoil hat on.

:4pacman: Sora is in.

Not Zhuge, just the other 2 haha, I just saw your comment on him

Do we know if he's talking about the other insiders or the guesses Resetera members keep throwing out in that thread?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Oh boy...ZhugeEX himself commented on the ResetERA thread

Source

For people who will asks, ZhugeEX is a VERY reliable industry analyst when it comes to sales, and all of that economical stuff more...Important stuff who happens to have tons of **** right by sometimes teasing things-

Supposedly, it seems that people at ResetERA are gettig close to the truth with their speculation?
Well apparently this means we're getting a tetris rep :4pacman:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Geno is an assist trophy his fans have every reason to riot.

You can't publically say he's perfect fighter material, give them a Mii Costume as a consolidation because you couldn't quite get to it in time last time, and then plop him into assist trophy land on the very next game.

And you can't use Square as an excuse. Because if they're willing to let him use Geno at all, I very much doubt they'd have any reason to not let him go the fully monty with it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Not Zhuge, just the other 2 haha, I just saw your comment on him

Do we know if he's talking about the other insiders or the guesses Resetera members keep throwing out in that thread?

He's talking about the guesses and speculation from ResetERA members

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I kind of wish KOS MOS got more hype.

Like the grinch leak has everyone debating Geno and Isaac.

Mach Rider and KOS MOS never even really get mentioned.

Technically, she’s xenoblade 2 content.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I still find it hard to believe Geno wouldn’t be playable. Sakurai himself has been on record saying he wants him in as a character.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Not only him but literally every other single insider. Im not pro "insider" but i cant find a logic way to refute their logic, why every single one of them says no isaac? I have no facts against that so ill rather assume he is not in, ill gladly eat my words but yeah.
ok if relevance matters then k rool is gone, richter and simon are gone, chrom is gone, dark samus is gone.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Geno/Isaac's fates.
Sora being in or not.
They all feels that Mach Riders is an AT, and that there is chance that Geno might one too sadly.
Chorus Kids Being AT too.
They feel somehow comfortable with Isaac being in.

Banjo seems to be out somehow-
Anything on shadow perhaps?...if you don’t mind answering >.>

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Paging Noipoi Noipoi , paging Dr. Noipoi.

I have something for you.

You put so much effort into those posters I thought you deserved something in return (also I happened to be in a very good mood today).
Hope you enjoy it.
This is the sweetest thing I've seen all day.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Your tastes are as exquisite, as always.
Why thank you. That's one of the reasons I love Senran Kagura (my pfp and sig), the waifus
Also, I wasn't sure if people would remember who I was since I changed my pfp and sig

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Ken
Incineroar
Tetris
Maybe Geno and 1 more

that's disappointing, even if the last character is Sora.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Anything on shadow perhaps?...if you don’t mind answering >.>
They're 50/50 on shadow, though more of them believe he's in? Since they think it doesn't make sense for them to hold him back for so long, only to put him as an AT again with Knuckles

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know, I never noticed before, but the Grinch has good birthing hips.

-Balls
Back away from your computer, shut it down first, and then go outside and get some fresh air.

May I suggest a place of religious preference so you can wash the sin from this post off of you?

Untouch

Smash Master
Jon thinks that Dragon Quest is represented and Geno isn't on the base roster.
I'm ready for Thursday, make this happen Sakurai.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
I never understood how insiders are able to even bring up their information at all. I understand that keeping certain things hidden keeps them and their sources safe, but isn't the safest thing not to mention anything at all? Plus, having this whole "I know this character's an AT, but I won't tell who, but this, this, this, and this are confirmed" seems a bit suspicious, especially considering this is only after a leak of this caliber has happened.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And if square gets Sora they aren’t gonna give a **** who Sakurai wants after that. It’s just more money for them and they have their two flagship characters already in.

It’s why the Sora and Geno theory being in has worked for such a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom