• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
The people saying there are ATs on the mural are not Team Real.

Some insiders are saying they know that the mural is fake because they’ve been told by their sources that one unspecified character on the mural is actually an assist in the final game.
Wonder who is getting the assist axe

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I wonder if intern-kun is going to give us a clue again this direct.
Imagine the chaos if a Sonic remix is posted.
I always (and still) had the impression that Tails is the most second. I never witnessed Shadow being in the popularity spot until recently.. for Smash. I mean that princess felt more popular (forgot her name. only in comics).. Oh and Amy too, but never Shadow. Of course Knuckles too but he's already in, so I get why no one's asking for him now.
Shadow has history with Nintendo-only Sonic fans and was so beloved that he was revived and starred in his own, major big-budget main-series game, then was arguably the main character of the following one as well. With his recent return to form in Forces it's clear people still love him. As for Smash, he's always consistently been a popular character in the modding community, and the fact that he was the Sonic series AT for two games in a row speaks volumes about how well-known he is.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
mystic has gone on to say he has nothing to do with Sora being in smash
Lmao no, he said that it's not because he is working on a KH and Persona Website that it forcefully means that the newcomers he knows about are linked to those franchise-

That was before he finally explain everything he knows.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Me when I realized that class would start halfway through the Direct and my 1st-period teacher is especially stingy with phones.

This is going to be an extra long day of school.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wonder who is getting the assist axe
Turns out the Grinch was the assist this whole time!

"When you use him in battle, he leaks all of the content you put your blood, sweat and tears into the ****ing asshole."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Flame all you want, but I hope it's....

Mach Rider or Chorus Kids

*Runs*
Yeah me to. Those are the two characters I care the least for along with Geno.

And well I guess the other characters in the Banner I really want lol.

D

Deleted member

There's a difference

Those 3 could have the creative movesets they did because they were not confined. They had not demonstrated their constraints moveset-wise in their games.

Bomberman has. Not saying I agree with it, saying that that isn't the best reason to use.
Super Smash Flash 2

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Is it a bad time to say my first Banjo was Nuts and Bolts? And that i liked it?

I still need to play the originals tho, do they hold up as good as they say?

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to feel about the conductor possibly being part of the chorus kids.

Are we just playing as him with chorus kids popping out for attacks? Do they follow him around like pikmin?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
But... what about Lloyd? He makes a lot of sense.
I would take Llyod too, he's a great character!

But I was riding on the fact that MAYBE the third JRPG protagonist might be linked to Square-Enix since Mystic seems to like be confused if it's another characters alongside Geno or not

D

Deleted member

I will say there is a chance that geno could be an assist trophy. I certainly wouldn’t bet on it, but I believe one should at least consider the possibility of it happening.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Imagine the chaos if a Sonic remix is posted.

Shadow has history with Nintendo-only Sonic fans and was so beloved that he was revived and starred in his own, major big-budget main-series game, then was arguably the main character of the following one as well. With his recent return to form in Forces it's clear people still love him. As for Smash, he's always consistently been a popular character in the modding community, and the fact that he was the Sonic series AT for two games in a row speaks volumes about how well-known he is.
You'll have to excuse me, as I said earlier, I'm not that big of a Sonic fan. I play the games but not all and not that into the lore. We were talking why Tails wasn't in demand as much as Shadow. I guess Sonic fans didn't want to get greedy.. maybe?

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Considering the lack of limbs, I wonder if Rayman will be an assist. I hope he’s a dlc fighter instead.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It’s a bit of a long story and you need some background info.
***** is foreign, you see, and is from a country with little to no copyright or NDA laws, Sugon. Do you know anything about the ********* people?
I don't get it. I'M just looking for sources on this ***** fellow, his track record and sources from him, suggesting Phoenix Wrighter as a fighter in Smash, please.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What if it was a swerve and the JRPG protag was Crono? :confused:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't know how to feel about the conductor possibly being part of the chorus kids.

Are we just playing as him with chorus kids popping out for attacks? Do they follow him around like pikmin?
Conducter could be many things.
  1. The summoner of all rhythym heaveners
  2. Pokemon trainer bystander
  3. Olimar leader
  4. Part of the attacks
Nobody knows.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Is it a bad time to say my first Banjo was Nuts and Bolts? And that i liked it?

I still need to play the originals tho, do they hold up as good as they say?
I liked that game too even though it’s nothing like the originals in terms of gameplay. Banjo Tooie is my favorite. Banjo Kazooie is the OG. Highly suggest playing them. They aged decently but if you’re used to maps and fancy luxuries like that it’ll feel a little dated. Still I liked the aspect of exploration in those games.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Considering the lack of limbs, I wonder if Rayman will be an assist. I hope he’s a dlc fighter instead.
I'm actually predicting Rayman as an AT lol.

Although that'd be doing his supporters dirty. I feel he should have a chance at being playable.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Very classic, Flex Seal.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
B&K had a big Ballot push, I'd guess.

Bomberman makes sense as an AT because...how many moves can you do to differentiate attacking with bombs? I'd say not many.
Almost any character can have a moveset though. Bomberman has a pretty good moveset in Super Smash Flash 2.

Plus you could use that argument with characters like G&W, ROB and Duck Hunt.

I know what you mean though. The core character is quite simple and works quite well as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
These insiders have got to stop they are driving everybody crazy

I think mythic is full of it now

He goes from I lost my career to 3 jrpg reps it’s not adding up I think he just wants attention now

And no insider is to be taken with gospel until I see some reveals on Thursday

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I will Legit go to next EVO and Rep Crono.
Yeah he'd be in my secondaries for sure. CT is a legend in the gaming world so I wouldn't say he's an impossible addition. Just not as likely as someone like Lloyd or Sora (barring legal circumstances).

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
B&K had a big Ballot push, I'd guess.

Bomberman makes sense as an AT because...how many moves can you do to differentiate attacking with bombs? I'd say not many.
:facepalm: Oh, geez, not this brain-dead detraction again. Bomberman has accumulated a lot of gadgets, techniques, and bomb variants over the course of his franchise. Here's just one example of a potential moveset for him.
You haven't played many Bomberman games, my friend.

Also. I refuse to ever believe in a lack of moveset potential after we got :ultrob:, :ultduckhunt: and :ultwiifittrainer:. We simply don't have good enough imaginations.
Gee, thanks for ninja'ing me while I dug up my old post. /ns {not sarcasm}
I wonder if intern-kun is going to give us a clue again this direct.
Not likely considering he was fired. He ain't coming back and security is tight on the music uploads now.
Im pretty sure Intern-kun is locked in a storage room closet with no food or water.
didnt he get fired for spoiling that Simon would be in smash direct 8.8.18 by accidentally changing the song title to bloody tear?

Since that incident, I have feeling that nintendo is closely watching the interns just in case if they ****ed up by leaking some poteintal spoilers from final smash direct.
We don't even really know who Intern-Kun was. There may be another just waiting to spring another leak on us. Or to troll us with Mr. Grinch.
All of us on thursday

Christ I almost died last direct when they started that with DK and Diddy, especially with an item that was already revealed.
Hoo boy. That might be a bloodbath.
There is going to be SO much salt Thursday

If Vaati, Lip, and Isaac end up as Assist Trophies, I might flip a chair.
I always (and still) had the impression that Tails is the most second. I never witnessed Shadow being in the popularity spot until recently.. for Smash. I mean that princess felt more popular (forgot her name. only in comics).. Oh and Amy too, but never Shadow. Of course Knuckles too but he's already in, so I get why no one's asking for him now.
The princess you're thinking of is Sally Acorn. RIP Archie Comics.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm actually predicting Rayman as an AT lol.

Although that'd be doing his supporters dirty. I feel he should have a chance at being playable.
Every AT is doing their supporters dirty though

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!
Oh my GOD. I can't believe this! I wasn't expecting to be in at all and I adore this so much! Amazing!! Thank you so, so much!!!

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I hope that Sakurai doesn’t pull AT on Banjo, because I agree that will be bizzarre and a huge lost of opportunity to have a Western character for the roster.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Very classic, Flex Seal.
Now we just need them to do a post for a newcomer: Phil Swift Seals the Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom