• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Worst Timeline for Banjo: All banjo reps are cancelled , they go to Playtonic and replace Banjo with Yooka Laylee (which I did not enjoy at all).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Every AT is doing their supporters dirty though
Well I mean there's some you'd look at and say there's not a chance in hell of them being playable.

I'll be a billionaire by the time Sukapon is playable lmao.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't get it. I'M just looking for sources on this ***** fellow, his track record and sources from him, suggesting Phoenix Wrighter as a fighter in Smash, please.
Ok I’m done goofin ya.

***** isn’t a person. It’s is a joke. You try to get the other person to say ***** so you can respond with “***** balls,” sounding like “lick my balls.”

I was talking about ********* because another one is “********* nuts.” Other variations include “**** these nuts,” and “***** ****.•

It’s similar in fashion to the age old joke of “It smells like updog in here.”

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
You'll have to excuse me, as I said earlier, I'm not that big of a Sonic fan. I play the games but not all and not that into the lore. We were talking why Tails wasn't in demand as much as Shadow. I guess Sonic fans didn't want to get greedy.. maybe?
It’s simple. Shadow would work better as a sonic echo than Tails. Shadow and Sonic have the same body structure the only thing that would be changes for Shadow is his animations and a different up B. Tails would have to be a unique or semi clone. Besides we don’t even know if third party franchises can get an another unique character rep.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Where my Australian Smashers at? Can ya'll help me work out what time the Direct is.

Is 10pm Thursday night correct?

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
Breath in

Mystic...you seems like an honest dude.
You give me hope for Isaac(Vlad here in France)

But A BETTER ROSTER THAN THE LEAK? HOW?!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
im just catching up but how in the world can you top the leak’s roster?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I hope that Sakurai doesn’t pull AT on Banjo, because I agree that will be bizzarre and a huge lost of opportunity to have a Western character for the roster.
True, but who knows? Maybe he just doesn't want western series to get a character?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well I mean there's some you'd look at and say there's not a chance in hell of them being playable.

I'll be a billionaire by the time Sukapon is playable lmao.
True, but there are at least a few people out there who wanted him to be playable, especially with how many fans this game has

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Scenes when the leak is fake and we get Andy from AW, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Cuphead and Spyro

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If Vaati, Lip, and Isaac end up as Assist Trophies, I might flip a chair.
If Vaati and Lip become AT, at least they're finally ****ing in. I'm waiting 17 years for Lip to make a PHYSICAL appearance in Smash and I'm not accepting no ****ing flower again

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Very classic, Flex Seal.
Weird flex but ok

D

Deleted member

Ok I’m done goofin ya.

***** isn’t a person. It’s is a joke. You try to get the other person to say ***** so you can respond with “***** balls,” sounding like “lick my balls.”

I was talking about ********* because another one is “********* nuts.” Other variations include “**** these nuts,” and “***** ****.•

It’s similar in fashion to the age old joke of “It smells like updog in here.”
I stand by my opinion that ***** is merely a knock-knock joke but more predictable and less funny.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True, but there are at least a few people out there who wanted him to be playable, especially with how many fans this game has
True but still really unlikely lol. Of course as someone who supports a relatively niche series I don't have much room to talk in that area.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There's a difference

Those 3 could have the creative movesets they did because they were not confined. They had not demonstrated their constraints moveset-wise in their games.

Bomberman has. Not saying I agree with it, saying that that isn't the best reason to use.
I see what you're saying, but I still believe it to be an apt comparison when arguing that a moveset can't be varied enough. Still, if we forget the comparison and solely look at Bomberman's gameplay constraints, he's got plenty of moveset potential.

Bomberman's games rely on powerups, much like Mario, Sonic, etc. that alter what he and his bombs can do. His special moves could be bomb-themed to varying degrees, while his basic attacks are just punching and kicking. Not that I'm rooting for Bomberman-- I simply think his more basic games are fun-- but I feel like people who claim he doesn't have moveset potential haven't really played Bomberman games. They just see "bomber" and "man" and think there's nothing else to it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Where my Australian Smashers at? Can ya'll help me work out what time the Direct is.

Is 10pm Thursday night correct?
Australian Eastern Time Midnight Friday
Australian Eastern Daylight 1am Friday

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If Vaati and Lip become AT, at least they're finally ****ing in. I'm waiting 17 years for Lip to make a PHYSICAL appearance in Smash and I'm not accepting no ****ing flower again
If Vaati and Lip are AT'd, that's my top 4 wanted done dirty. If Isaac's AT'd again, that becomes my top 5. Excuse me if I'm salty here, but Bomberman and Krystal losing their chance at being playable was quite painful enough.

D

Deleted member

"Not saying I agree", Shi!

I think Bomberman would play very well but there's a clear difference between the moveset potential of him and WFT/Duck Hunt/Rob
I don't believe there's any character that can't have a moveset. "No moveset potential" is a fallacy because it was used with so many characters that were later confirmed. Just look at Pac-Man, someone that I genuinely believed this applied to.
A good reminder is that most character's moves are just how someone with that body type and weapon(if they have one) would fight like, then there's things such as personality that also affect how some moves are used. Duck Hunt is a good example of this in "how would a dog and a bird duo fight?" and Pac-Man's normals are simply "what would he do in this situation?"
It's not just all about referencing moves those characters did but those help, obviously. Sometimes references are weirder such as Pac-Man's Smashes and Specials or G&W's whooe moveset in that they aren't attacks used in the original games but elements turned into attacks.
Sometimes, there's a certain theme based on an aspect of the original game like WFT's "Yoga poses turned into attacks" or "what if ROB was a real robot?"

This isn't directed at you though, I just wanted to say it now that the subject was brought up as I get tired of seeing characters being shut down for "no moveset potential".

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Oh.... so I guess there isn't an insider called *****.

*uber sad sigh* Well, thanks for clearing that up for me then.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Insiders are getting FAR too chatty now for my liking. I honestly am starting to believe some of it is for attention if they are talking this much about supposedly secret information.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

I hope I make it to Season 3 :094:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I've already been done dirty twice. :crying:
I know what you mean. I was done dirty with Krystal and then again with Ashley. And if Shantae becomes an AT that'll be a third time. But at least I got Isabelle and Daisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom