• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Amazing poster there, Noipoi! You did a very good job on it! You should be proud.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I’m not ready to be online after the direct. It’s gonna be a sh*t show all over the message boards regardless of the outcome of these leaks.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Inb4 we get another official leak from the music tonight. Hopefully, they won't screw that up after the August Direct.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Every AT is doing their supporters dirty though
I dislike this mentality.

I, for one, am glad that characters Sakurai deems unworthy to be full-fledged characters can still appear in the game in some way.

No excuse for Waluigi, though.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
To be fair, nobody has said what we're getting besides Incineroar (and a mystery Square character, maybe). All people have been saying is what we aren't getting.
Hmmmmm. I suppose on the bright side then, that could make Phoenix Wright all the bigger and amazing a surprise!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You guys want a crazy conspiracy theory? All "killable" assist trophies are also playable characters. Just not in the main Multiplayer modes.
(I don't really believe this, but it's a fun theory)

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Devil's advocate... What if we have been completely bamboozled and none of the Grinch 7, Incineroar or Steve are announced tomorrow?

How do you think the community will act?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Insiders are getting FAR too chatty now for my liking. I honestly am starting to believe some of it is for attention if they are talking this much about supposedly secret information.
Because it is all for attention, in the end. They get a bunch of followers and likes and retweets for all these statements they make. More so than probably anything else they've probably ever said in their lives. That's kind of why it's all on Twitter. It attracts that social media activity, as opposed to being in a Discord server or forum where you're talking directly to people like us. People link to what they say on forums and on Reddit and everywhere else.

Is Vergeben the only one who is sharing his info on a forum, not on a social media platform?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm lucky it came up while I'm still on vacation. And also the day after my birthday, giving me lots of time to moderate/hype/etc.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I'm going to predict Incineroar won't be in. I think he was cut and if he was in I think he would've shown earlier. I don't think they would promote him so close to Let's Go's release.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I, for one, am glad that characters Sakurai deems unworthy to be full-fledged characters can still appear in the game in some way.

All I'm saying is that every assist trophy has its fans who wanted their assist trophy to be playable. That's all

paper roxy

Smash Ace
To me the biggest issue is the discrepancies between the leaked background and the official one. It just doesn't sit right to me.
There's also the fact that a majority of the 'insiders' all seem against it in some way. And the fact that 5 unique newcomers and 2 echos seem like a lot for one direct. Especially after Sakurai said reveals would be slowing down. Finally nothing about the leak seems to confirm that its real, its convincing and there's a lot of evidence but not quite enough for me to be confident in it.
I like all the characters in the leak so I would be happy if it was real, but idk, I'd rather be surprised at it being real then disappointed that its not.
That's just my two cents, feel free to disagree. Not trying to start an argument at all.
i mean, someone pointed out that they couldve removed the tiny details on it because it wouldve blurred together if it was a bracelet (or like one of those round lamp display thingies especially) but if you feel that way i wont stop ya

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Idk guys, I'm still hung up by the fact that there are an obscene number of unnecessary edits to the banner if it was faked. We've all gone over the details but I'll never get why a fake would superimpose Roy over Marth now (Marths sword goes behind Roy now), when it's been the other way around since the beginning, on top of countless other details like this. It's not even the art that convinces me, it's just weird nuances like this.

Something just doesn't sit right with me that a person was that attentive to detail. I guess we'll find out in 40 hours but I just can't see a rational explanation for this leak if it's fake. Too much meticulous work shifting all 81 characters on it (like a ripple effect of characters being moved everywhere due to the characters) and adding all this new art and shifting perspectives on characters, all without actual art assets. On top of how the leak came about...

Last edited:

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398

I'd like to think he was just making fun of people who REEEEE at assist trophies they wanted to be playable.

Anyway, I think Shovel Knight needs some company. Shantae for assist trophy?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

That looks super cool. Good job (o.o)b

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

In Lip's case, it would be an upgrade from only being mentioned in an item description. Sure, it would be best that she's playable, but even still it would be a ray of hope for the future of her fanbase.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Because it is all for attention, in the end. They get a bunch of followers and likes and retweets for all these statements they make. More so than probably anything else they've probably ever said in their lives. That's kind of why it's all on Twitter. It attracts that social media activity, as opposed to being in a Discord server or forum where you're talking directly to people like us. People link to what they say on forums and on Reddit and everywhere else.

Is Vergeben the only one who is sharing his info on a forum, not on a social media platform?
Emily has been using resetera

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If you ask me what the guy was referring to when he mentioned the true roster was better than the leaked one, I think the lineup is going to consist of third-party Japanese gaming icons whose franchises are popular worldwide from currently licensed companies. Heihachi, Frogger, Leon Kennedy, etc.

I proposed this theory quite a while ago:

https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-speculation-discussion.453424/page-79#post-22475677

Based on the statements the guy made, I am inclined to believe that he global third party icon route is a real possibility.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've never met anyone else that likes Quest 64. Hello.
It's a pretty short list compared to some fanbases, heh.

I do have a link to the Brian support thread and the actual Quest 64 general thread in my signature if you want to talk about the series or Brian specifically~

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You guys want a crazy conspiracy theory? All "killable" assist trophies are also playable characters. Just not in the main Multiplayer modes.
(I don't really believe this, but it's a fun theory)
I had that exact same theory, though--would be an interesting compromise, especially after seeing some of the surprisingly in depth moves of some ATs. I pictured it as a separate mode, where you have an Assist Trophy character as a selectable option, and then selecting the character.

Never going to happen. But I can dream...

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Guys we have to line it up to where we are on page 6969 during #69s reveal trailer. We can do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom