• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Regarding the banner, Emily from Resetera just said this a few minutes ago.

She has a (very) shaky history, but she did directly hint at Ultimate's name before E3. Take her words as you will.
So the banner is missing multiple characters apparently? Obviously Incineroar is one, but I'm really not sure who the others would be. Sora was rumored of course, but only at the VGA, which would mean DLC, so I'd assume he's not part of all this yet.

Last edited:

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
Now lets see if any notable developers retweet the direct!

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So how many characters announcement everybody guessing? If the Grinch leak is fake, I'm guessing no less than 3 uniques and 2 echoes.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If I had to pick one of the characters from the rumored 8 to end the direct, it’d be Banjo. He would by far be the biggest edition. I can see Geno being somewhere in the middle. Isaac or Incineroar would probably be the opening trailer.

Also, if one of the missing characters on the banner is Sora, he’s blatantly not gonna be there if he’s being revealed at the VGAs as most likely DLC.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Can you please just cite and quote instead of actually linking the site? I keep telling everyone, but they won't listen to me. I will repeat it again.

Resetera is a very toxic site. Don't even go near it or link it. Instead, just cite the person like this:

I'm not kidding. To be brutally honest, I like the current state of Neogaf.
I don't like that she's talking in plural when she talks about 'assist trophies' XD

D

Deleted member

But for real, I think we all should also direct our focus to the other pieces of content, the modes.

I really hope we see in depth what Spirits Mode is about, all the rest of the solo modes we haven't seen that aren't Classic or Training Mode, the online and how they've improved over the last game, the rest of the ATs, stages, and items...

Pretty much the same as the last Smash Direct, but covering all loose ends.

Characters are FANTASTIC, but we gotta have the modes and other stuff to back them up, right?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hahaha what if they have an echo fighter cinematic trailer that shows off the echos we know, AND THEN ALSO Ken, Shadow, and several others.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
But for real, I think we all should also direct our focus to the other pieces of content, the modes.

I really hope we see in depth what Spirits Mode is about, all the rest of the solo modes we haven't seen that aren't Classic or Training Mode, the online and how they've improved over the last game, the rest of the ATs, stages, and items...

Characters are FANTASTIC, but we gotta have the modes and other stuff to back them up, right?
Break the Targets is my most wanted thing out of this Direct, I don't even care if it's just like in Brawl, it's just gotta be there.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Difference is that this is actually fake :p
But are you suuuuuuuuuuuuure? :psycho:
(jk I don't really care if the Grinch Leak is fake or not, all I want is Isaac, ultimately)
---
Has there been a Direct confirmation? Or is it still just hinting from insiders?

Untouch

Smash Master
Regarding the banner, Emily from Resetera just said this a few minutes ago.

She has a (very) shaky history, but she did directly hint at Ultimate's name before E3. Take her words as you will.
I don't trust her, but she mentions that it is missing MULTIPLE characters.

Sora/Slime and Incineroar?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Anyway, time for me to binge watch the **** out of Naruto until the wait is over

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
We still have Assist Trophies to go over, and does anybody really want their faves to become Waluigi 3 and Knuckles? (Waluigi 2 is Ashley) Or in the case of Pokémon, Mimikyu 2.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Wdym other mode?

We will all just look at the CSS and complain that our favorite ain't in.

That's what the game is about right?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
You know what? I'm gonna go in expecting Box Theory. That way I'll probably be happily surprised.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Curious Villager Curious Villager You think we should give one hope and prayer for our Professor?
I'm unfortunately not expecting good ol Hershel for the base game but who knows. Maybe Sakurai will tease a few upcoming DLC characters in the direct too like he did with Mewtwo...

As Layton's adopted daughter always says (Flora, not Kat) "Cross your fingers...."

Last edited:

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
When the direct ends, I'll have 20 minutes to get ready for work.

Welp, we all have to be late sometimes. It was an emergency, you see. Nothing I could do to stop it. A real shame.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Popping in to say, I am inclined to believe the 'Grinch Leak' will be proven fake even though I initially bought into it. Despite that, consider that this is a 40 minute direct, and even if half of that time is dedicated to the 'Spirits' mode, we got 20 minutes for character reveals. So, lay your head on your bed calmly and know that you will get more than we thought was coming before the leak happened.

RIP Page 6666.

Taken from us twice.

Last edited:

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
You know, if the Grinch leak is proven fake during the Direct, I think I will still be equally amazed.

If the leak was true, I'd be amazed at Sakurai and his team for cramming more characters and content into a Smash game than anyone could have thought was possible.

If the leak is fake, I'll be amazed at how the leaker fooled so many of us (me included) and I would just,.. take my hat off in appreciation.

Anyway, I'm hyped for the Direct. Bring it on!!

D

Deleted member

Real talk here, I'd be happy if Zoe were to be an ASSIST TROPHY. Just as long as they also included a stage and at least 8 trophies (those being the Main Characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom