• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Banjo, Isaac, Incineroar, and Geno (but to a lesser extent with the last two) are the only ones I imagine getting gameplay breakdowns, and even then I have no doubt that if Banjo and/or Geno are in, one of them will be the ending trailer. Also Treehouse Live will probably do breakdowns of the characters themselves since that’s exactly what they did with Ridley at E3.

Character trailers are normally 1-2 and a half minutes anyway with Isabelle being the exception, so people like Mach Rider and Chorus Kids will probably have relatively short trailers if they’re in. Shadow and Ken would most likely be revealed together, but it could be in that unique trailer that reveals two newcomers like Mystic mentioned. Shadow and Ken are both 3rd parties so I can see them getting a better reveal than Chrom and Dark Samus.

I don’t see stuff like Mini Games, Trophies, and Stages being focused on for too long. I can see All Star Mode getting a decent amount of time, but all the mini games are rather self explanatory. We know literally all the stages, so at most I can see a quick collage and that’s it. Assists and Pokeball Pokemon only have a handful amount of reveals left I’d imagine, and they took 4 minutes in the August Direct. So it could be half of that time now. Same deal with items and final smashes.

Spirits and Online are the only things I can see getting a ton of time, but I cannot imagine Online being discussed for more than 3-5 minutes at the most while Spirits may go 7-10.

So I really do think that we have more than enough time to reveal the 7 (Which includes Incineroar if one of the Grinch 7 IS an Assist trophy) as we have mostly minor stuff left to talk about besides Spirits and Online.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
My heart. It shatters, it breaks. How cruel...after all we've been through...

Even though I just recently came out of lurk status, but that's not the point.
Hmmm, according to my Poke Dex, Giratinas are known for their pranking. They just love to prank others and give out jokes.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It's happening... IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! Rain will soon embrace our fields plagued by drought, and from the earth, joy will blossom yet again.
**** the Grinch! I don't care about leaks at this point.
Who's getting in?
I'm willing to bargain with [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/267/267582.jpg?1540834459[/IMG] Nekoo for my character
You know what I support 2B. Seeing how she coming to Soul Calibur 6, and how cool her moves are, I say bring her to Smash, gotta check if she has a support thread.

**** SQUARE ENIX!
**** SAKURAI
**** **** **** **** **** HOLY **** **** **** **** ****.

We're finally getting it. I'm having an overload. We'll know everything in less than two days.
No more leaks. No more debating until DLC. Peace.
We won't have to worry about who's deconfirmed, and we have be happy with who we have.

Place your bets on the characters!
I just wish October was one day shorter.
Leaks be damned, I'll still stand by my wanted characters. Sora, Shantae, Ammy, and especially Elma. LET'S GOOOOO *snaps fingers, summon Skell*

"When box theory dies, that's it for them. But their thoughts of Incineroar will always be passed down to someone else! Isn't that the same, with you insiders? Your old sources pass down Incineroar to your new sources. We're no different!"
Beautiful reference, just beautiful that's all I can say. *sniff*

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
You know, Nintendo is usually pretty conservative with their estimates. What if our "approximately 40 mimute" direct is actually something like 42 minutes?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hey, it's dawn somewhere in the world right now, so it counts, okay? And 47 hours 10 minutes doesn't have a great ring to it

D

Deleted member

I think at the end of the day, we can all agree.

Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac are MUSTS. The rest are fine and dandy, but those three characters? They GOTTA be in that Direct. HAVE to. We are 40-minutes in this *****, the last time something was 40-minutes was the first Smash 4 Direct, and that covered a LOT. 5-7 characters, pretty much.

If this game is going out with a huge bang, we at least gotta see those three, first off.

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It’s go time.

Hoping for the best in terms of the leak, but if it’s fake, we still have a great game ahead of us.

Just no Rayman Assist Trophy k thanx bye

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Just got confirmation from Sakurai himself. The Grinch is an assist trophy, where he just steals the whole game and you can’t play it anymore. Sonic has been cut from the game after Sakurai first looked up ‘sonic r34’.

ChrisJamie

Smash Cadet
The 40 minutes presentation could be used to show the trailers for all the 7 characters in the leak, plus Spirits, Online and the remaining modes. Then the Nintendo Treehouse segment could explain each one of the new movesets in depth, so that Sakurai doesn’t have to waste time doing so during the presentation.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regarding the banner, Emily from Resetera just said this a few minutes ago.

She has a (very) shaky history, but she did directly hint at Ultimate's name before E3. Take her words as you will.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
At last, the promised time is upon us my brothers and sisters. One leak shall stand, one leak shall fall.
also I totally called it being 40 minutes in length like the 50 fact was now give me Shadow pretty please

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think at the end of the day, we can all agree.

Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac are MUSTS. The rest are fine and dandy, but those three characters? They GOTTA be in that Direct. HAVE to. We are 40-minutes in this *****, the last time something was 40-minutes was the first Smash 4 Direct, and that covered a LOT. 5-7 characters, pretty much.

If this game is going out with a huge bang, we at least gotta see those three, first off.
Regardless of the specifics of the contents--40 minutes? Huge ****ing blowout to end on no matter what.

Tart

Smash Cadet
At least 15 minutes longer than the E3 segment and August Direct...Character trailers average out to about 2 minutes this cycle... Pretty much everything but Spirits and online have already been covered... Okay, I think it's appropriate to repost this: View attachment 173660
Seriously.

We know so much about the game already.. 40 minutes of more Smash is insane.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why do I have the feeling that we will still go down each other’s throats regardless of what is seen in the Direct? And that Sakurai will say at the end, “Never ask me for anything ever again.”?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

She has a (very) shaky history, but she did directly hint at Ultimate's name before E3. Take her words as you will.
Can you please just cite and quote instead of actually linking the site? I keep telling everyone, but they won't listen to me. I will repeat it again.

Resetera is a very toxic site. Don't even go near it or link it. Instead, just cite the person like this:

Emily said:
Just to be clear: the entire Grinch banner is just straight up fiction/fake.

The banner is missing multiple characters.
There's characters on the banner that shouldn't be there at all.
The banner also confuses assist trophies for playable characters.
I'm not kidding. To be brutally honest, I like the current state of Neogaf.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
YEEEEES! FINALLY SOME CHORUS KIDS?

So. A Treehouse, huh? They don't have to do character breakdowns like last time. They can just show the trailers and move on; the breakdown can be in treehouse. More credibility for Grinch?

HesIn

Smash Apprentice

Most interesting thing here is that she implies that multiple characters on the banner are supposed to be ATs. So it's not just Mach Rider.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My predictions:

1. Start with the trailer for Ken and Incineroar, called "Masters of the Ring".
2. Gameplay overview of Incineroar
3. Item overview, going over the rest of the ATs (including Shadow) and PokeBalls
4. Spirits mode discussion
5. Online modes discussion
6. Character changes lightning round
7. Final stage reveals to bring it up to 108
8. Stage builder
9. Single Player/Stadium modes
10. Isaac reveal and overview
11. Demo is launching after the direct and will be available for pre-load
12. First DLC reveal of Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom