• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'm going to be extremely frank with you.

You took Swamp's image, and started drawing conclusions based on it. You saw pink in an area that pink only exists because of compression, and used that to argue Greninja's tongue was longer than it even is in the official banner, where we can clearly see the end of it. You didn't bother looking for a better quality version first, you just used what you saw and started making an argument based on it.

So it's pretty hypocritical to judge someone for sharing a gif they didn't even make just because the conclusions drawn from it were based on those same quality issues.

Uhh words to not get infracted. Greninja's tongue long af

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, you know what? Andre was right.

I'm gonna step outta here for a good while, or at least until the Pepe-spamming 4channers leave. What a **** hole this thread turned into.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think people are severely overestimating the amount of dlc characters that we'll get. The majority of the dlc lists I see have at least over 10 extra newcomers. It think like Smash 4 dlc it will only run for a year and that there will only be 5/6 unique newcomers max.
I don't know how many characters we'll get but there is a chance this time DLC will last longer because Switch is more successful. Maybe we won't get more than last time, but we'll most likely get more newcomers, at least.

Now that I think of it, they could just take a shortcut on the resources and make the Paper Mario stage serve as Geno's home stage.

It's still obstensibly the Mario RPGs stage, and now there's supposed room for a Minecraft stage or something.
He doesn't even need a home stage, he's not from a new franchise technically.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*sigh* I apologize for that. I guess it came out wrong. I didn't mean you should feel bad. I just meant It was good that you realized that. Nothing wrong with that, right?
Except I did nothing wrong.

You can't blame me for other people being ****ty.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I think people are severely overestimating the amount of dlc characters that we'll get. The majority of the dlc lists I see have at least over 10 extra newcomers. It think like Smash 4 dlc it will only run for a year and that there will only be 5/6 unique newcomers max.
With official esport support from Nintendo, I expect Ultimate to have a very, VERY long lifespan, with the continued development of DLC characters (and costumes) for years to come.

Polan

Smash Lord
be teamfake for the last 5 days

see terrible debunk gif that's mac/shulk tier even after I've criticized the mac/shulk point a lot

call it out for being a terrible attempt at a debunk

"ur just salty teamreal"

View attachment 173565

I'm going to bed
yeah we're the ones that are salty. not the people attacking the credibility and reputation of anyone that dares to make any sort of noise against the leak. whatever dude. hope you have a good night's sleep.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm going to be extremely frank with you.

You took Swamp's image, and started drawing conclusions based on it. You saw pink in an area that pink only exists because of compression, and used that to argue Greninja's tongue was longer than it even is in the official banner, where we can clearly see the end of it. You didn't bother looking for a better quality version first, you just used what you saw and started making an argument based on it.

So it's pretty hypocritical to judge someone for sharing a gif they didn't even make just because the conclusions drawn from it were based on those same quality issues.
First off, I was just pointing that out about the tongue. Nothing more. It was something I noticed, okay? If I wanted to argue about it, I would have gone full out. That's it.

D

Deleted member

I think we all are forgetting about a certain date, so I made this during this whole mess!

WILL SORA BE IN SMASH ULTIMATE?

SPAWN MICHAELS, MAKING THE STREAK 10-0?
OR WILL THE UNDERTAKER, SAKURAI, BRING THE SMACK DOWN TO REALITY?

FIND OUT, AT WRESTLE -- I MEAN, THE GAME AWARDS!

letsgo.png

NineS

Smash Lord
Look at this place. It's becoming /v/. It's becoming GameFAQs.

Why are we all getting so obsessive over a leak? Regardless if the leak is real or false, everything will be revealed in less than 39 days.
In fact, it's safe to assume that we might know everything, including whether the leak is true or not, in less than 2 to 3 weeks.

People keep arguing who's right or wrong with the same repetitive arguments. It's like the time people got flamed over Corrin on here all over again, or how it used to be whenever someone brought up the music or box theory.

It gets tiring, honestly. This place has gone downhill.
I joke around about being one of the crazy and weird people here, but it's becoming clear that it's nearly everyone else that's become chaotic, not me.
01010100 01001000 01001001 01010011 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01001110 01001111 0101...png

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
yeah we're the ones that are salty. not the people attacking the credibility and reputation of anyone that dares to make any sort of noise against the leak. whatever dude. hope you have a good night's sleep.
Sorry but Gritty is never getting into the game I regret to inform you.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Any news that 's not sad?

Are we getting something on 11/1?

Are there any hints to new guys?

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
I don't really blame anybody for tensions being high. We're close to getting the rest of the info, and people are very aware that it might be the last chance for their favorites to be in for many, many years. The game's going to be amazing either way, but I can totally understand the sting of disappointment knowing that a hopeful character (especially if they have a shot at getting in) didn't make the cut.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So does anyone have an update on the possible leaks happening for the Nov. 1st direct? They were mentioned to be happening in a few hours

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
The Rayman model was good, but the Grinch leak is far more intricate.
I'd argue omni proved images/video cant be trusted.

its the circumstances surrounding this leak giving it massive amounts of credibility.
This is much, much more elaborate and convoluted than the Rayman leak.
Thankfully you all said the same thing, so I only have to make one reply. The actual leaked banner itself is not "more elaborate/intricate" than the Rayman leak. It's actually less so, because Rayman had a video and was perfectly clear, while this one is a thrice-compressed phone picture of a small piece of paper. The intricacies here come from the alibi, though that can also be faked. Here's how:
  1. Look up marketing firms that have worked with Bandai-Namco in the past.
  2. Intentionally pick one that's obscure so people don't doubt you.
  3. Look up other companies they're working with.
  4. Print out pictures from that company's upcoming project.
  5. Cut out and laminate the pictures. Apparently this is hard evidence because only professionals can laminate stuff and you can't just go to a library or something.
  6. Randomly pick an employee to impersonate. This was the easiest step by far, because Eric was literally the only one listed.
  7. Send a Snap to yourself to make it look like the leak was second-hand.
  8. Lower the opacity to below the default so you can purposefully fail at obscuring the name. That way, everyone can look the guy up and find out all the info above.
Is this simple? Hell no. I know I never would've thought to do that. If this is fake, then whoever did this was very clever and put a lot of thought into it. But why is that so impossible? I've seen this attitude of "this is way to elaborate to be fake, only a genius could do this" like smart people are a myth and anything that would require intelligence to fake has to be genuine. But the thing is, there are people this smart, and a lot of them do waste their potential doing dumb crap like making a bogus Smash Bros leak. That's how most hackers come to be.

So, yes, someone who faked this would have to be smart...but they very well could be smart.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think we all are forgetting about a certain date, so I made this during this whole mess!

WILL SORA BE IN SMASH ULTIMATE?

SPAWN MICHAELS, MAKING THE STREAK 10-0?
OR WILL THE UNDERTAKER, SAKURAI, BRING THE SMACK DOWN TO REALITY?

FIND OUT, AT WRESTLE -- I MEAN, THE GAME AWARDS!

View attachment 173569
Tots pls.

Why you must hurt my soul and remind me that I might get disapointed at the last second.

Heck. I'll get disapointed when I'll be able to play the game.

Pls. :c

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
We’re not even talking about the ****ing leak anymore. It’s just a bunch of people arguing for no reason. This community is going to implode on itself. I’m going to bed it’s not worth it to stay up for this.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I don't know how many characters we'll get but there is a chance this time DLC will last longer because Switch is more successful. Maybe we won't get more than last time, but we'll most likely get more newcomers, at least.

He doesn't even need a home stage, he's not from a new franchise technically.
But does Sakurai really want to work on Smash for that long? He's been working on Smash games nonstop since 2012, I think he would want to move on and develop something else.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
First off, I was just pointing that out about the tongue. Nothing more. It was something I noticed, okay? If I wanted to argue about it, I would have gone full out. That's it.
I don't mean "argue" as in bicker and fight, I mean "argue" as in present a case.

JMac52

Smash Cadet
Ok, here’s a non-leak discussion topic:

Is there a character that you wanted previously and probably had a shot in appearing but due to reasons, it never happened for one reason or another?

For me, anime Meowth would had been a better Pokemon rep thank Jigglypuff. It would of been awesome to had him in 64.
The one that always pops into my head is Heracross over Pichu in Melee. Heracross could have been a super fun fighting Pokemon in that game. (Also, it's my favorite Pokemon, so there's that too. :) )

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Swamp just wanted to bring up a point that he believed debunked the leak. It was based off of an image that was too blurry to be able to notice Snake's position, so it was debunked relatively quickly with a cleaner picture for comparison. That's it. He didn't do anything wrong in posting it, nor was it wrong to debate it or debunk it.

So why are people still talking about it? Goodness. I propose that we just move along. No need for anyone on either side to get angry. It was an attempt at honest discussion, something this thread is lacking right now because most points both in favor and against the leak have otherwise been beaten to death. Yes, the tongue point was moot, but it was fun to discuss for the two seconds it was relevant. Also, you've got to admit that it would have been kind of funny if that was the point that deconfirmed the leak.

Oh, one more thing: it wasn't silly that some "Team Real" people were considering flipping sides over the tongue. Incredibly small points can be the difference between something being fake or real, especially for those of us trying to stay more neutral. Personally, I believed the leak to be true until the background issues were pointed out, and now I'm leaning fake. However, even with that in mind, I can't explain how this was faked in the way it was because the circumstances surrounding this leak are so bizarre. Stop trying to make this an issue of loyalty; that's an unhealthy way of thinking. Skepticism is a good thing to have, as long as you employ it in moderation.

Last edited:

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Look at this place. It's becoming /v/. It's becoming GameFAQs.

Why are we all getting so obsessive over a leak? Regardless if the leak is real or false, everything will be revealed in less than 39 days.
In fact, it's safe to assume that we might know everything, including whether the leak is true or not, in less than 2 to 3 weeks.

People keep arguing who's right or wrong with the same repetitive arguments. It's like the time people got flamed over Corrin on here all over again, or how it used to be whenever someone brought up the music or box theory.

It gets tiring, honestly. This place has gone downhill.
I joke around about being one of the crazy and weird people here, but it's becoming clear that it's nearly everyone else that's become chaotic, not me.
I don't think anyone's thrown the n word around yet, so we aren't quite /v/ level yet. But it's pretty unsightly at this point.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I think the big question here is are we finally going to get James Bond in Smash. It’s been a long time coming.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya see.

This is what happens when you wish on a monkey's paw.

You get what you want(A good leak), but always something goes wrong in exchange(The fighting)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Except I did nothing wrong.

You can't blame me for other people being ****ty.
Maybe not, but based on what I learned a long time ago, you didn't even have to post it. In my eyes, it was not about others being bad here. Fault or not, this still could have been avoided if that image was posted. I wasn't trying to blame you. That is why I did not initially mention you by name.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Off-topic: I have a soft spot for dogs (even though mine just destroyed the back door 2 hours ago), so the Living Room's a good stage for me.

On Topic
By the way, is there any reason why we have not had a music update for today?
Because the music updates have always been on Wednesdays. No point in grooving to a tune we don't know about a day early.

In other news:

Yeah, us getting a stage TODAY and not alongside the music post is REALLY weird.

If the music tomorrow gets delayed, then SOMETHING fishy is up.
Seriously, I think I remember getting a good couple of before beats in the past. Too lazy to look 'em up, tough.
Fellas, I think this is what the Grinch wants.

He leaks the Smash Bros roster to ruin our surprise and fun, and as a result has caused us to all butt heads at each other over this. This is what the Grinch wants. He wants to ruin Smash Ultimate, which is our Christmas. Don't let the Grinch tear us apart.
How could it have not been more obvious?! The only way to get back at this is to decorate our threads. Quick, post a smiley of your main from each generation they were in! :4darkpit::ultdarkpit:
Whoever started this whole tongue thing (I am not mentioning names) really should have refrained from posting it. Thanks to that, we have another war on our hands that really is not needed and is over something as small as a video game, in other words, not worth arguing about. Whoever brought this up should not be happy, even if the whole war coming from this was unintentional. I think we should cool off with bringing up points on whether this leak is fake or real. Otherwise, more problems will be caused, and we will just make ourselves look even worse than just bad. Okay?
This is an omnipresent problem with the fandom; it happens when characters get in (the Echoes in U/3DS), characters are left out (Waluigi as of late), and with even minuscule things (how Adventure Mode should be approached). The best we can do is live with it.

ALL IN ALL, AN ACCURATE METAPHOR FOR THIS WHOLE FIASCO

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't mean "argue" as in bicker and fight, I mean "argue" as in present a case.
I still think I would have gone full out if I did argue. I make one attempt at pointing something out, and this happens to me. I try to be nice, and not even mention people by name, and this still happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom