• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
man i'm surprised how butthurt team real got over that gif. nice going there, proving it right with your responses.
i think it's pretty obvious that most of the leak defenders are motivated by the fact that the big three are there. i imagine the leak would be in the dustbin if it had a bunch of less popular newcomers like steve or incineroar.
Stop. Let's not fuel the fire.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
lol Swamp was hesitant to post it in the first place and all of us just told him to do it anyway.
It was still his choice, though, whether or not he was told to do so. He should have thought of this more carefully if it was him.

It's been debunked a thousand times over on the last 10 pages. The only people still making a fuss about it simply don't want to take the L
Yeah, some people are unfortunately too stubborn to accept defeat.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Never doubt the power of spam my man. If we can someone take down or delay their email server they may be forced to take drastic measures.
bro youre way too paranoid take a nap
This is what I'm talking about. I make a comment about how people should consider if they're being too toxic. Boom, toxic response. Now someone's suggesting we spam the company in question. I know I was about to be done, but 3 seconds after I posted this happened. I'm going to sleep.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
You know what'd be cool? If for DLC, the Smash Ultimate team released themed "waves" of content.

For example, since Japan loves Kirby so much, there could be a wave of Kirby content, like a couple of new characters, a new stage or two, etc. It would continue with other series, like Old School Fire Emblem wave, where we'd get FE characters that aren't just from the latest entries (i.e. Caeda, Seliph, Lyn if they feel like upgrading her from AT status, etc.); DK Wave, where the last few DK characters anyone cares about like Dixie, Cranky, and Funky; Metroid Wave where there are no newcomers but we get new stages that aren't lava or acid themed; Xenoblade Wave where if this leak is real then they'd add Elma and Rex / Pyra / Mythra to the game. Stuff like that.

I honestly don't see the Smash Ultimate team not doing DLC after launch, and since there aren't any veterans to depend on for future updates, this could be a nice way of bringing this already great game even closer to "dream roster" status that it's already clearly striving towards, as well as to directly address complaints about certain series being allegedly neglected in Smash on certain aspects. I'm pretty sure there'd be additional third-party content as well, like a Resident Evil character for example, as well as stuff from Nintendo games released after the initial Smash Ultimate project plan was finalized like an ARMS character.

I know people care more about proof that anything is happening than just random spitballing like I'm doing right now, but it's still fun compared to arguing about whether the banner is real or not and getting incredibly heated over it.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
man i'm surprised how butthurt team real got over that gif. nice going there, proving it right with your responses.
i think it's pretty obvious that most of the leak defenders are motivated by the fact that the big three are there. i imagine the leak would be in the dustbin if it had a bunch of less popular newcomers like steve or incineroar.
be teamfake for the last 5 days

see terrible debunk gif that's mac/shulk tier even after I've criticized the mac/shulk point a lot

call it out for being a terrible attempt at a debunk

Mod Edit: enough of this

Last edited by a moderator:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
@Polan Fane Fane and the rest of TeamReal and TeamFake, I'll do you all one better: "You're both pieces of ****, and I can prove it mathematically too."
Never said I was Team Real.

I lean MORE towards the leak being real, but I don't consider myself part of any team.

I just find the unnecessary slandering and ignorance in the whole discussion to be ridiculous. Sure, Team Real has had poor defenses, but acting like Team Fake doesn't grasp for straws is hilarious.

D

Deleted member

Comes tomorrow.

Stages are supposed to come along side it. This is a first.
Not true.

We've had several stages posted without it and have had items shown on Music days as well.
The only consistent thing regards to music nights (Tuesday) is that no character update on the blog happens that night.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Could anybody familiar with Chorus Kids give me an idea of what their move set would be like? I have seen so far rhythm based attacks, but not sure what else they could do.
They scream. They scream their little hearts out, God bless em.

link3710

Smash Cadet
Wait.. are people simply #TeamReal just because that's what they WANT to be real? Or are they #TeamReal because they genuinely believe that the leak has a high possibility of being legitimate?

I'm starting to notice a trend in TeamReal where a majority of the supporters are people who have Banjo/Isaac/Geno in their dream roster.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm on TR too.

Anyway.. as if there wasn't a way to split the fanbase more... we make a poll on it

I mean, to quote Falgor

"Let's say for one second, for the sake of the argument, that the entire thing is fake:

One or a bunch of French fakers managed to CREATE all this stuff while having access to one company that could extremely logically be involved into the making of PSD for Ultimate and the Grinch movie. They also used the name of a legit 50yo worker of the company, despite the possible bad implications for him. They created a gigantic leak with things making it look so legitimate it hurts ("yo we got wrists under our wrists and we got plans for PSD") that was then 100% absurd in terms of characters featured. It would have been easier to make yet another Incineroar leak instead (and it would be safer because less risks to make mistakes). AND on top of that they changed the WHOLE mural to make it look even more real by putting the characters together in a way even more logical than the current real one. Then, days after they reveal their fake leak, they smh managed to (coincidentally):

-Get it to be stronger thanks to the ACP-PLV video down.
-Get it even stronger from an official Nintendo footage from Wendy's.

People who make such a terrible thing would get SO damn lucky? I refuse to believe it even one second. "

Basically, the insanity that is believing it's fake, and not acknowledging that anyone with insider knowledge is acting really freaky right now, is why I'm on Team Real. If this was fake, the company should have offered an official statement disavowing themselves, instead of silently getting a bank to take down a video with evidence on a Sunday. GameXplain should be doing their normal videos. People shouldn't be losing their job just for discussing the leak's existence. PushDustin shouldn't be banning someone on Discord for having a Grinch Avatar, even though they changed it upon request. These sources should be willing to allow discussion.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
This whole "team" nonsense reminds me of sports. We've literally become violent sports fans. Good lord.
Reminds me a lot of that time 4chan added random "teams" to every user for April Fools and everyone tried killing each other and segregated into generals.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Whoever started this whole tongue thing (I am not mentioning names) really should have refrained from posting it. Thanks to that, we have another war on our hands that really is not needed and is over something as small as a video game, in other words, not worth arguing about. Whoever brought this up should not be happy, even if the whole war coming from this was unintentional. I think we should cool off with bringing up points on whether this leak is fake or real. Otherwise, more problems will be caused, and we will just make ourselves look even worse than just bad. Okay?
Trust me, I'm already regretting ever posting on this website

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Schnee117 Schnee117 Maybe not, but considering how we lack the ability to control ourselves, apparently, it would have been better if that was not posted, still.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Career? You mean there are people who actually make money off of leaking content from other developers' games? That's just wrong.
That's not what I said. But know and Learn what is NDA and also what is a relationship based on trust.

But I'll turn that page, not wanting to get another warning for "Harassment" which is a joke.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Whoever started this whole tongue thing (I am not mentioning names) really should have refrained from posting it. Thanks to that, we have another war on our hands that really is not needed and is over something as small as a video game, in other words, not worth arguing about. Whoever brought this up should not be happy, even if the whole war coming from this was unintentional. I think we should cool off with bringing up points on whether this leak is fake or real. Otherwise, more problems will be caused, and we will just make ourselves look even worse than just bad. Okay?
Sorry, but no.

We have the freedom to post whatever we damn well please here as long as it abides by the site's rules. If someone notes an important discovery they feel is worth sharing, then share it. Discuss it and debate it out in the open! This is what the marketplace of ideas is all about! And that's how we can get to the bottom of this leak faster! IT'S WHY THIS FORUM EXISTS.

Not the dude/ette's fault that some people are too exiteable to debate it politely like adults. This sort of logic leads to stifled discussion where no one will want to post anything against the prevailing opinion for fear of sparking a flame war or offending people - ie censorship.

I get you are simply intending to reduce flame wars and toxicity, but as Albert Camus once said, "good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding." The solution for toxicity is not to command people to quit posting their thoughts or observations, even if they end up flawed. The solution is to, beginning with yourself, commit to pursuing an atmosphere of open, honest, fair, and uplifting discussion - and gently challenging those who don't to consider doing so.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was still his choice, though, whether or not he was told to do so. He should have thought of this more carefully if it was him.

Yeah, some people are unfortunately too stubborn to accept defeat.
**** off with that victim blaming garbage. You are part of the problem.

No one should feel ****ing discouraged from bringing up potential evidence against your precious leak, and if you think otherwise, you don't belong here.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Real or not, Fake or not, Silent or not

The fact is the Paper Mario stage is now on the console game stage list, meaning it will get so much more songs than the Paper Mario Medley and the Dream Team song.

Bring on the Koopa Bros, Rawk Hawk, Lineland Road, and General Guy songs/remixes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never said I was Team Real.

I lean MORE towards the leak being real, but I don't consider myself part of any team.

I just find the unnecessary slandering and ignorance in the whole discussion to be ridiculous. Sure, Team Real has had poor defenses, but acting like Team Fake doesn't grasp for straws is hilarious.
I said that towards both sides of this whole fiasco. Both of them are acting like children, and post gifs and one another saying "so and so are like this" doesn't help either.
Career? You mean there are people who actually make money off of leaking content from other developers' games? That's just wrong.
The dude had a job as a translator and a journalist too if I remember correctly.

Shroob

Sup?
What? Mystic himself said that this was his fault. Sorry, pal, but guilt tripping isn't going to work on us.

It's called a hint of compassion, pal.

I think most people understand Mystic made his bed and is lying in it, but no need to come off colder than a McDonalds hamburger left in the freezer for a year.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I’m almost certain on believing that Mariotehplumber is the op of the leak itself because not only would that be funny, he’s also the same person who bought tons of Rosalina amiibos because he hates her. So making a fake Smash Leak out of spite would kind of be up his alley.
He's not smart enough.

Edit: if it's fake that is

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Has this post been linked yet? It's an amazing read. I didn't buy mariotehplumber theory, but now it looks pretty real and it's too hilarious to be true – he basically accidentally leaked the entire roster for real while trying to troll everyone lmao

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
**** off with that victim blaming garbage. You are part of the problem.

No one should feel ****ing discouraged from bringing up potential evidence against your precious leak, and if you think otherwise, you don't belong here.
Truth to be told, you are not acting any better, even if what you said was true. Cursing at me and saying things like I don't belong here because of something of a "precious leak" which I did not even say? I think you have a problem, for I was trying not to discourage anyone. I was just saying.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
So...how old are we again? Is it too hard to discuss things like civil adults, humans, or whatever have you? Seems like every page or every other page has someone flipping a switch. I'm not talking about everyone or anything...just...it's a game people. Get up and walk around or something. There's no need for a lot of this passive-aggressiveness.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
This is what I'm talking about. I make a comment about how people should consider if they're being too toxic. Boom, toxic response. Now someone's suggesting we spam the company in question. I know I was about to be done, but 3 seconds after I posted this happened. I'm going to sleep.
dude you literally are being paranoid???? there is no way in hell that dude is the leaker, even if he was like? he wins or some ****? nah it doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom