• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys I am here to debunk the Greninja tongue theory FOREVER!:
The banner they are using for evidence is actually an OLD VERSION where Snake is closer to Greninja and his tongue goes behind Snake's launcher -
View attachment 173556

In the current newest banner Snake is further away from Greninja and his tongue DOES NOT go behind Snake's launcher and it fits exactly with the size in the Grinch leak -
View attachment 173557

GRENINJA TONGUE THEORY KILLED!!!!!!!
On the website, that isn't what the newest banner is like...
https://imgur.com/a/6cq87i6
(Not allowed to put in images for some reason.)

osby

Smash Obsessed
But does Sakurai really want to work on Smash for that long? He's been working on Smash games nonstop since 2012, I think he would want to move on and develop something else.
Maybe. Or maybe he wants to keep working on this Smash as long as he can because this might be his last one. I can't really say a thing about his current line of thought.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Thankfully you all said the same thing, so I only have to make one reply. The actual leaked banner itself is not "more elaborate/intricate" than the Rayman leak. It's actually less so, because Rayman had a video and was perfectly clear, while this one is a thrice-compressed phone picture of a small piece of paper. The intricacies here come from the alibi, though that can also be faked. Here's how:
  1. Look up marketing firms that have worked with Bandai-Namco in the past.
  2. Intentionally pick one that's obscure so people don't doubt you.
  3. Look up other companies they're working with.
  4. Print out pictures from that company's upcoming project.
  5. Cut out and laminate the pictures. Apparently this is hard evidence because only professionals can laminate stuff and you can't just go to a library or something.
  6. Randomly pick an employee to impersonate. This was the easiest step by far, because Eric was literally the only one listed.
  7. Send a Snap to yourself to make it look like the leak was second-hand.
  8. Lower the opacity to below the default so you can purposefully fail at obscuring the name. That way, everyone can look the guy up and find out all the info above.
Is this simple? Hell no. I know I never would've thought to do that. If this is fake, then whoever did this was very clever and put a lot of thought into it. But why is that so impossible? I've seen this attitude of "this is way to elaborate to be fake, only a genius could do this" like smart people are a myth and anything that would require intelligence to fake has to be genuine. But the thing is, there are people this smart, and a lot of them do waste their potential doing dumb crap like making a bogus Smash Bros leak. That's how most hackers come to be.

So, yes, someone who faked this would have to be smart...but they very well could be smart.
Not to knock on 3D modelers, but yes, that is more intricate than creating a Rayman model.

You also forget that it was printed on promotional firm paper using a specialized machine.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
The divide in this board is reminding me of Shakespeare for some reason...Wait a second, I got an idea!

Coming this November...

"This is the story of two young star-crossed lovers originating from two rival families: #TeamReal and #TeamFake. With both families being sworn enemies, the two are separated by family lines. Only in the death of both lovers can peace finally be fulfilled in the region."

e6de329b-9f32-4af2-b62c-c1a3a4f39678-romeo.jpg

Romeo=Team Real, Juliet=Team Fake
It's like Romeo and Juliet, except somehow more nonsensical and stupid than the original story!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is an omnipresent problem with the fandom; it happens when characters get in (the Echoes in U/3DS), characters are left out (Waluigi as of late), and with even minuscule things (how Adventure Mode should be approached). The best we can do is live with it.

ALL IN ALL, AN ACCURATE METAPHOR FOR THIS WHOLE FIASCO
Thanks for mentioning that, in a kinder way, that is.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Anyway after all that arguing. Who would be your first DLC character you will support? (This is assuming if the grinch leak is real)
Me I would support Bandana dee he is my 2nd most wanted. I gotta show support for the spear boy :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe not, but based on what I learned a long time ago, you didn't even have to post it. In my eyes, it was not about others being bad here. Fault or not, this still could have been avoided if that image was posted. I wasn't trying to blame you. That is why I did not initially mention you by name.
This is a strange way to not blame me while still blaming me.

Dan_Sic

Smash Rookie
So... huh... anyone exited to play Samus? I can't wait to try her.

Obviously Ridley will be my main, but Samus looks lit AF (animation-wise, don't know if she'll be better, though she seems stronger to me)

*desperately attempts to change the ridiculous fighting and leak subjects*

D

Deleted member

Tots pls.

Why you must hurt my soul and remind me that I might get disapointed at the last second.

Heck. I'll get disapointed when I'll be able to play the game.

Pls. :c
But does Liam Robertson has a 10-0? Does Emily Rogers have a 10-0? We got the sources and we got the quotes.

Spawn: "Klaptrap says, 'Hopeful that we get a Banjo stage and a Minecraft stage with Steve to be announced as a DLC character alongside with Sora @ The Game Awards.'

Sora would be... Would Sor -- y-yeah, haha. Sora would be the big one, obviously.

I-I mean a Minecraft stage isn't out of the question."

The hints are there. **** the Grinch Leak. We might need to shift our eyes on what might be a HUGE bombshell.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
We’re not even talking about the ****ing leak anymore. It’s just a bunch of people arguing for no reason. This community is going to implode on itself. I’m going to bed it’s not worth it to stay up for this.
You shouldn't have tried to guilt trip people in the first place. Doing that makes you look just as bad as the "toxic community".

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708
If the mystic thing was really from nintendo shuting him down i am kind of hoping that papa genos stays out of this volatile smash leak discussion. the reason i believe him is because he seems like a good guy so id hate for him to get the hammer dropped on him too. also im heavily believing the banner and am a isaac fan but i also wouldnt mind being surprised in a week or week and a half when this direct inevitably happens.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Ya see.

This is what happens when you wish on a monkey's paw.

You get what you want(A good leak), but always something goes wrong in exchange(The fighting)
...Damn, you're right. I was hoping for us to get a good leak to stir up discussion, but I was NOT prepared for what that entailed. I thought I was because of the ESRB leak, but nope. Not at all.

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet
Anyway after all that arguing. Who would be your first DLC character you will support? (This is assuming if the grinch leak is real)
Me I would support Bandana dee he is my 2nd most wanted. I gotta show support for the spear boy :)
I’m good for almost anyone. Bandana Dee is a really interesting idea. My number 1 & 2 Choices would be Sora and Rex&Pyra. Other than that, I’m happy as a golden goose

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Rex & Pyra, if we're talkin' realistically. If we're goin' full pipe dream, then Phoenix Wright.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
If the mystic thing was really from nintendo shuting him down i am kind of hoping that papa genos stays out of this volatile smash leak discussion. the reason i believe him is because he seems like a good guy so id hate for him to get the hammer dropped on him too. also im heavily believing the banner and am a isaac fan but i also wouldnt mind being surprised in a week or week and a half when this direct inevitably happens.
Papa Genos I beleive has the luxury to talk freely about the leak because he doesn't have a career related to the gaming industry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, but it makes sense that he can say whatever he wants and "call out" other media sources when he isn't part of the industry. Not saying that as a bad thing, in fact it allows him to make some good points.

skullkidfordlc

Smash Rookie
Base Roster
Isaac
Banjo
Geno
Ken
Shadow
Mach Rider

Chorus Kids

... 4 new characters at E3 2019 then 2 characters are added every month until a 3rd party blowout at E3 2020...

E3 2019 Day One
Sora (+ stage)
Roxas (echo)

E3 2019 Day Two
Incineroar (+ stage)
Springman (+ stage)

July 2019
Dixie
(semi)
Funky (echo)

August 2019
Hades
Medusa
(semi)

September 2019
Porky
Masked Man
(semi)

October 1 2019
Skull Kid
Tingle

October 31 2019
King Boo
Dry Bowser
(echo)

November 2019
Rex & Pyra

Elma

December 2019
Waluigi
(+ stage)
Birdo (semi)

January 2020
Tails (+ stage)
Knuckles (semi)

February 2020
Celica (echo)
Black Knight (echo)

March 2020
Ganon
Impa (echo)

April 2020
Chibi-Robo
(+ stage)
Captain Rainbow (+ stage)

May 2020
Paper Mario
Captain Toad & Toadette
(duo)

E3 2020 Day 1
Dante

Monster Hunter
(+ stage)
Dragon Quest rep (+ stage)
Shovel Knight (+ stage)
Sephiroth (+ stage)

E3 2020 Day 2
Bomberman
(+ stage)
Loyd Irving (+ stage)
Phoenix Wright (+ stage)
Rayman (+ stage)
Goku (+ stage)
Most likely top contenders for realizeable DLC:

Sora*****
Incineroar
/ Gen 8 rep****
Springman?
Dixie***
Skull Kid*
Rex & Pyra / Elma?
Waluigi*
Impa?
Paper
Mario?
Monster Hunter*****
Dragon Quest rep***
Rayman?

*Theres no way skull kid wont be dlc
**Waluigi feels like the only currently confirmed assist trophy likely to be upgraded to DLC this gen
***rumored to have been cut
****wtf is up with incineroar? Dlc or just leak bait?
*****with geno and banjo both in, the floodgates are open. Nintendo will milk their relationship with square enix

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dixie Kong for me. I still support her all the way.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Ashley because I want my pure mage character.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Thankfully you all said the same thing, so I only have to make one reply. The actual leaked banner itself is not "more elaborate/intricate" than the Rayman leak. It's actually less so, because Rayman had a video and was perfectly clear, while this one is a thrice-compressed phone picture of a small piece of paper. The intricacies here come from the alibi, though that can also be faked. Here's how:
  5. Cut out and laminate the pictures. Apparently this is hard evidence because only professionals can laminate stuff and you can't just go to a library or something.
  6. Randomly pick an employee to impersonate. This was the easiest step by far, because Eric was literally the only one listed.
  8. Lower the opacity to below the default so you can purposefully fail at obscuring the name. That way, everyone can look the guy up and find out all the info above.
Is this simple? Hell no. I know I never would've thought to do that. If this is fake, then whoever did this was very clever and put a lot of thought into it. But why is that so impossible? I've seen this attitude of "this is way to elaborate to be fake, only a genius could do this" like smart people are a myth and anything that would require intelligence to fake has to be genuine. But the thing is, there are people this smart, and a lot of them do waste their potential doing dumb crap like making a bogus Smash Bros leak. That's how most hackers come to be.

So, yes, someone who faked this would have to be smart...but they very well could be smart.
It's the fact that ACP has yet to refute the claims and that, if this IS fake, the faker is very much on the hook for legal damages from ACP and Bricard both.

Omni make a decent leak, but this one is more convincing because Omni never incriminated anyone else in his leak.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
Rex & Pyra.
I loved Xenoblade 2, and would love to see them in.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
So... huh... anyone exited to play Samus? I can't wait to try her.

Obviously Ridley will be my main, but Samus looks lit AF (animation-wise, don't know if she'll be better, though she seems stronger to me)

*desperately attempts to change the ridiculous fighting and leak subjects*
I’m actually excited to play Zelda and Link. I’m going to have a field day with Link’s remote bombs. I really like some of the changes they are getting. I especially love the new look they gave Zelda ^^. Tbh was getting tired of the twilight princess look.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I don't really blame anybody for tensions being high. We're close to getting the rest of the info, and people are very aware that it might be the last chance for their favorites to be in for many, many years. The game's going to be amazing either way, but I can totally understand the sting of disappointment knowing that a hopeful character (especially if they have a shot at getting in) didn't make the cut.
Yes,the stakes are so high. I'm worried for Shadow even AFTER a pretty credible leak confirms him, not to mention all the things going for him before. Can't help but be anxious until he's 100% confirmed. But none of that angst legitimizes toxicity at any point.

As someone who's dealt with anger issues (not super intense issues but still, being transparent here), I totally understand being worked up over something. To prove you're RIGHT DAMMIT. You get so passionate and wrapped up in an argument or for a tribe that you forget the big picture.

Forgive me if my last couple posts have come off as preachy/mini modding but I really feel a need to help take the thread in a more positive direction, one step at a time.

Imagine looking back at this thread in a week, two week's, two year's time. Will you be ashamed with how you conducted yourself? Now no one may even see this two years from now, and the opinions of people reading and going "oh man, such and so was an utter asshole" aren't what really matters much in the long run anyway. Behavior here translates to how you think about others and their opinions off the keyboard. Would you want to show your employer, your parents, your friends what you've posted here? Get real.

Passion is ok; flaming is never ok. If what you're thinking of posting can't be seen by your SO, your parents, your siblings, or your friends without you wincing, it's a good sign you should rewrite. And even if that burn you thought of was really sick and may nab you some worthless internet points, is it worth it?

(Good natured burns are fine, y'all know what I'm talking about.)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It's the fact that ACP has yet to refute the claims and that, if this IS fake, the faker is very much on the hook for legal damages from ACP and Bricard both.

Omni make a decent leak, but this one is more convincing because Omni never incriminated anyone else in his leak.
I'd argue it doesn't matter if ACP has a similar stance on leaks/Rumors like most companies, such as Nintendo. ie don't say a ****ing thing about them.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Not responding to your whole post, but it's a hell of a lot easier to make your own leak, than it is to edit the banner in a believable way.

The Rayman Leak doesn't involve anything more than the already available and released CSS from Smash 4, which was used, and literally his art render of Rayman. That's it. That's literally it.

This banner has, on art alone:

- 7 unique art assets not found anywhere else
- All 7 fit into the odd artstyle the banner has, from what we can see
- All 7 are seamlessly added to the banner, but displace nearly all of the characters around them, who further displace every other character around them, like a ripple effect. There are hundreds of these changes all over the banner, and this has been verified by many other people.
- Many displaced characters revealed new art, and moved several characters to completely different locations in the end.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but even professional photoshoppers can't replicate it. We had one on Reddit, and after 10 hours he had to stop because he could not grasp it being fake. He himself had too many glaring flaws. You need actual assets to move these characters seamlessly across the banner. Additionally, there's also the question of why the leaker would ever spend the time doing all of those minute, subtle changes when all he was doing was faking it for fun.

In addition to all the things you say could just be rused, not to mention the insanity that the supposed fake leaker would have to express for doing such a thing like impersonating an employee, which is highly ****ing illegal.

Last edited:

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708
Spring man or any other arms rep. the reason the box theory (ken and incineroar) would suck to me is because this game would only bring 2 new franchises to smash (splatoon and castlevania) and i want more games especially nintendo games represented

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
This thread needs some moderation, no? There's a lot of flaming and trolling, and I don't see anything being done. (Could just be cause the thread is moving so fast though.)

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Not to knock on 3D modelers, but yes, that is more intricate than creating a Rayman model.

You also forget that it was printed on promotional firm paper using a specialized machine.
Don't be disingenious. Fully recreating the character select screen and adding Rayman to it, and having it animated in a way that fooled practically everyone was no small feat. I still think this leak is probably real due to the sheer circumstance surrounding it, but you don't need to downplay something that took so much effort in order to prove your point.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Going to be honest, I see no reason for this thread to be open at the moment, feels like it needs a mod to step in to tell people to shape up or just lock it for a few hours. Not trying to backseat mod, but I honestly feel like nothing of value can come out in this current thread environment. We’re not even discussing about ultimate anymore, mainly just grievances over the community at large or at certain users.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
He's still a Yoshi, so there's no limits :yoshi:

I was thinking more of him being an even heavier version of my boi, which would be insanely OP
...that's got me thinking, it's kind of a wonder that the abilities of the different-colored Yoshies in SMW aren't just a part of Yoshi's base moveset.

I suppose one of his final smashes incorporates some of those elements, maybe both of the final smashes, I forget. But you have to admit a kind of Mondao Arts selection system for Yoshi and his shell-based powers might be pretty cool if they could incorporate it seamlessly.

1540875894029.jpeg

And he could, of course, sport this face every time he activates a shell power. 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom