• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I remain 60/40 on the leak and assuming that the Direct could have been pushed up in response to the sheer chaos this leak has caused. If it's fake I won't feel dumb, for it was always ambiguous and saved the community from boring box talk. If it's real I will cry and jump for joy over this phenomenal roster Masahiro Sakurai and countless others have assembled for us, the fans, to enjoy to our hearts' content. Either way, I'm ready for the final reveals before the game is in our hands just 38 days away.
If you could acquire a piece of clothing from your favorite or one of your favorite Smash characters, which would it be?
Samus' Power Suit, Lucina's Mask, and Mega Man's helmet.
A (presumably cut) still from a demo showing off the Battlefield form of NDC.
Say what? Can someone show me this?
F for 4Chan Anon predicting the contents of the Direct (and his additions of Skull Kid and KOS-MOS)
The Grinch Roster Remains... Let's see if the otters are right about a November 1st Direct.
View attachment 173468
Rip that guy, but much as I want KOS-MOS 9 characters in one trailer is beyond ridiculous, and this is coming from the guy who still thinks Grinch is more likely to be real than not.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Honestly, I wouldn't take everything these insiders say to heart. Maybe Mach Rider won't get revealed, or deconfirmed. Maybe he gets in as a playable character. I think perhaps you're better off supporting your favorite characters without worry (at least, I would want to as well). Don't put too much trust into them, really.
Okay, thanks. I will.

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
Leak is 50/50 imo, there have been leaks in the past (such as the Rayman leak) that appeared legitimate and believable but turned out to be hoax.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Is Mystic really legit? I don't want Mach Rider to be the one singled out to be the AT :(
From their first bunch of postings they seemed genuine. Also personally I believe the AT thing is some kind of misinformation, mainly because I just think the leak is real.

Also, for anyone who missed it:
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 06.03.45.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 06.06.21.png

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
After teetering on the edge long enough, I've decided to say screw the leak. Real or not, as long as the final roster doesn't end with just Incineroar, I'm fine. Obligatory Pokemon character isn't exciting, so any unique besides that softens the gut-punch.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So you're telling me that out of the Grinch Leak's picks on the Mural, one of them is an assist trophy.....

Okay, so why didn't Waluigi or Lyn get on the Mural now that AT's can be on it.
Why does Mach Rider get preferential treatment over those 2 and a dozen other ATs? (assuming Mach Rider's the AT)

And for god's sakes, Mr. Saturn (an Item) is on the Mural.

AN ITEM.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
RIP old thread. Grinch leak has claimed another.

What do you guys think about alt costumes? Do you think we've seen them all (for the characters we have atm) or do you think they're hiding some?
Here's to hoping that there hiding some alternate (Really want to see the entire Ultimate cast get some different duds as opposed to see the Mii's hog up all the alternate outfits)!

Also! Hashtag- Team Real and R.I.P! Old Thread!

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Leak is 50/50 imo, there have been leaks in the past (such as the Rayman leak) that appeared legitimate and believable but turned out to be hoax.
what were the arguments against it when it was undecided?

Potato_

Smash Lord
From their first bunch of postings they seemed genuine. Also personally I believe the AT thing is some kind of misinformation, mainly because I just think the leak is real.

Also, for anyone who missed it:
I really think it's Mach Rider.

We literally heard nothing about them until this leak, and the one thing really giving them credibility is the gun Sakurai bought, which would still be used if they were an AT.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

This is probably the only time I can get away with posting this image before launch.

...unless the leak gets busted
Only problem is Ultimate isn't even out yet, so no one here can currently play it unless they were at tourneys, so that shot is somewhat inappropriate (since the question is most likely about games that are released). Just sayin. :ohwell:

Super Paper Mario was too good for that series.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Assuming Mach Rider is the AT...

What if he's actually playable but his source only saw enough footage where he could decide either way, and went with AT based on his opinion? :thinking:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I can only think that either
A) One of the characters was upgraded from an AT to a full-time character through development (likely IMO)
B) Sakurai thought one of the ATs was "cool enough" to put on the banner, despite being just an AT. Kind of like Mr. Saturn (unlikely imo)

EDIT: I agree that it is likely Mach Rider. It could also be the Chorus Kids. It is very unlikely to be Isaac or Geno, as that insider said that he thought they were almost outright confirmed at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm still on the Banner. Mystic is just talking nonsense to get people to pay attention to him, and placate Incineroar fans.

Also, this should be the logo for #TeamReal.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
haha, i dont know if anyone is listening in to japan time with shofu, rogersbase, etc
they brought up the "tongue theory" with greninja , idk if that was mentioned at all in this thread

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I hadn't realized Mach Rider had his trademark renewed. I suppose that could just be for the Smash music, but I think that Smash is a much more convincing place for him to show back up. We've spent so long convinced a retro rep couldn't happen, but maybe one can this time around? Independent of the leak, that'd be a really nice addition that's still ultimately surprising regardless if people thought he was in because of said leak or not.

It's weird, despite my top three characters being in the leak, I'd grieve the most for Mach Rider if this is fake (Which I still think it is) just because he's not going to be something we'd see beyond this game. Plus I'm also pretty hopeful for Geno and Isaac due to other factors of their inclusion showing up either in base or as DLC.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Insiders have sources who have seen things about the newest Smash, things that sound very plausible.

As an Outsider, I have sources who've seen things you couldn't even begin to comprehend.

... But given how certain segments of the horde treats those proclaiming knowledge from on high, it's clearly not worth the hassle for me to divulge what I've been sitting on. So this is all I'll say for now.

Besides, as Insiders and Outsiders alike will tell you,

the truth will come out in the end

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm still on the Banner. Mystic is just talking nonsense to get people to pay attention to him, and placate Incineroar fans.

Also, this should be the logo for #TeamReal.

**** like this is why you guys are a bunch of hypocrites for complaining about insiders and why I ****ing hope this leak is fake

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
So you're telling me that out of the Grinch Leak's picks on the Mural, one of them is an assist trophy.....

Okay, so why didn't Waluigi or Lyn get on the Mural now that AT's can be on it.
Why does Mach Rider get preferential treatment over those 2 and a dozen other ATs? (assuming Mach Rider's the AT)

And for god's sakes, Mr. Saturn (an Item) is on the Mural.

AN ITEM.
I can only think that either
A) One of the characters was upgraded from an AT to a full-time character through development (likely IMO)
B) Sakurai thought one of the ATs was "cool enough" to put on the banner, despite being just an AT. Kind of like Mr. Saturn (unlikely imo)
I think you guys misinterpreted what he's saying. He's implying that the banner is fake because one of the characters added to it ended up becoming an assist trophy instead. The banner is still only supposed to have playable fighters and the occasional prop (mr. saturn)

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I hadn't realized Mach Rider had his trademark renewed. I suppose that could just be for the Smash music, but I think that Smash is a much more convincing place for him to show back up. We've spent so long convinced a retro rep couldn't happen, but maybe one can this time around? Independent of the leak, that'd be a really nice addition that's still ultimately surprising regardless if people thought he was in because of said leak or not.

It's weird, despite my top three characters being in the leak, I'd grieve the most for Mach Rider if this is fake (Which I still think it is) just because he's not going to be something we'd see beyond this game. Plus I'm also pretty hopeful for Geno and Isaac due to other factors of their inclusion showing up either in base or as DLC.
assist trophies could be a reason for trademarking them, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom