• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polan

Smash Lord
if the leak is fake, every believer, by the laws of this land, owes me a written apology. if i do not receive this apology within 24 hours of the leak being proven wrong, i shall compile your name in a spreadsheet and glare angrily at it. you have been warned.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What I want from this direct:
  • Grinch leak seemingly confirmed with the reveal of one of the characters
  • Assist trophy section comes around
    • One of the Grinch leak characters is an assist trophy
OR
  • Character is placed in a different spot on the mural
  • Grinch leak blown the **** out
Alternatively:
  • Incineroar is revealed
  • Bonus points if we get fan art of Incineroar beating the absolute **** out of the Grinch
At this point the whole world can burn for all I care.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Since we are getting answers soon. I think I will commemorate my first avvy by putting one of the characters revealed in the next direct as a reminder of the reality we live in.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Alright, well today's discussion is going nowhere and I need a break from Smash chat as it's starting to get to me.

I'll see ya'll later on, gonna have a break for a few hours.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It would be by far one of the most impressive fakes we've seen in all of smash speculation history.
Seriously. Every new character placement displaces every person around them, in turn displacing EVEN more characters after that. It's like a crazy ripple effect of movements. Like, it's either the faker is a computer and manipulate every single character and make movements by the pixel or assets were readily used (aka Nintendo edits it because they have the individual art pieces). I really can't see a person doing this normally.

Basically if you had the assets, its easy to play puzzle with it and make it work, but if you don't, you have to worry about all of the information you don't have if you move the characters.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I feel like a lot of this could have been avoided if the insiders just said nothing.

The cocky and smug attitude they had towards this being "fake" did nothing but rile up people, and a lot of them didn't have good words to say.
Silly you. People started to get crazy about them NOT saying anything, and though it meant it was real.

They were ****ed either way, they talk? People don't believe them.

They don't talk? People see it as confirmation.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Long ago, the Smash Bros community lived together in harmony.

Then everything changed when the Box theory attacked.

Only Sakurai, mater of all Smash Bros, could settle it, but when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A whole month has past, and we've found a new leak, one we call "The Grinch".

Although his claims are impressive, he's a long way before he'll be convincing everyone.

But I believe... Well, Sakurai will be the one to clear it up.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
if the leak is fake, every believer, by the laws of this land, owes me a written apology. if i do not receive this apology within 24 hours of the leak being proven wrong, i shall compile your name in a spreadsheet and glare angrily at it. you have been warned.
Is there an option where i can just send you this image as my apology?
yourewinner.jpg

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Man, people keep complaining about people being "toxic" here.
I don't see it. On Twitter, sure, but here, this site? Maybe my standard for toxicity is much, much higher than everyone else's.
Yep.

I've been in more toxic communities... I just see people discussing somewhat politely

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I feel like a lot of this could have been avoided if the insiders just said nothing.

The cocky and smug attitude they had towards this being "fake" did nothing but rile up people, and a lot of them didn't have good words to say.
Mystic did literally nothing wrong last night. That whole “Insiders act too smug” argument went right out the window the moment people started harassing someone who are being genuinely respectful towards the fanbase

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
  • Grinch leak seemingly confirmed with the reveal of one of the characters
  • Assist trophy section comes around
    • One of the Grinch leak characters is an assist trophy
Alternatively:
  • Incineroar is revealed
At this point the whole world can burn.
You need lessons in true chaos

>None of the Grinch characters are revealed
>But neither is Incineroar

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
DON'T DO IT PLEASE I'LL SAY SORRY I SWEAR

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.
You know, they say all accounts are created equal, but you look at me and you look at #TeamReal, and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another speculator, you got a 50-50 chance of winnin’. But I’m a genetic freak, and I’m not normal, so you got a 25% at best at beatin’ me! And then you add the numerous insiders against the leak to the mix? Your chances of winnin’ drastically go down. See the three-way, at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2, you got a 33 1/3 chance of wiinnin’. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause JacobLeBeau KNOWS he can’t beat me, and he’s not even gonna try! So, #TeamReal, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winnin’ at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2! But then you take my 75 percent chance at winnin’, if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 ch… percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2! See, #TeamReal; the numbers don’t like, and they spell disaster for you at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2!

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still have a burning feeling that the Grinch "leak" will die just because of one different character. I have my expectations, but something might possibly go wrong...

Still team neutral here.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Ashley, Lyn, and Captain Toad (i consider him deconfirmed since he's on New Donk City Hall)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Silly you. People started to get crazy about them NOT saying anything, and though it meant it was real.

They were ****ed either way, they talk? People don't believe them.

They don't talk? People see it as confirmation.
Which is why you don't gloat about having insider info.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
It's odd that it is toxic like the ESRB, but for the other effect entirely. People want this to be real rather than fake. When ESRB came out it was the people who believed it was real who got the flack.

Guess that's just the result of a massive crossover game like Smash.
Because Smash 4's newcomers were rather underwhelming compared to Ultimate's. The ESRB leak showed Duck Hunt, Shulk, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, etc. Not exactly characters that are going to blow too many minds.

This leak is showing Isaac, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Shadow, Ken, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids. The last two aren't that major, but the rest are dream characters for many people, and only below Ridley and K. Rool in terms of popularity. As such, people definitely want it to be real.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volyaliterature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. :laugh: And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Wait.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
See, dis is wat I hwave as a qwestion to da community who's convwinced dis is weal; When dis is confiwmed fwake awe chu all gonna cwome out and apwologize to the pweople who've been saying it's fwake? Ow awe chu just gonna wun back into chuw holes. Like, wight now in the chat pweople awe saying "Oh, it's weal." Chu guys don't know wat chu'we talking abwout. "Chuw weasoning for it being fwake isn't gwood." Give me a weason why it's weal. When it's confiwmed fwake come bwack to the chat and say sowwy. But chu won't, because chur'we cowawds. Come bwack. You go on Twittew and you say "Hey you guys wewe wight, I'm sowwy." I mean, no, is it wong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good weasons. Oh chu'we saying 'I know it's- I know it's fwake, chu just have to twust me.'". Give me a weason why it's real, chu don't have one. Come back when it's confiwmed fwake, apwologize, and we can move on. Othewwise shwut up. This ain't a chatwoom making chu talk, shwut up. I will pwint off this bannew and send it to chuw house, and chu can hwang it up and say "I got owned by dis". I mean pweople are saying "Oh, wude. Needs to chill." Chu know what? Chu people attack insidews and Twittew and YouTubew pewsonalities evewyday when they shawe infowmation with chu. And then dey don't give chu what chu want and you attwack them? No, chu can go to hwell. Like, chu'we not entitled to any infowmation. Don't think chu awe. >:3

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Alternatively:
  • Incineroar is revealed
  • Bonus points if we get fan art of Incineroar beating the absolute **** out of the Grinch
At this point the whole world can burn for all I care.
My body is ready to make that fanart (not good at drawing tho)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Which is why you don't gloat about having insider info.
They never gloated. That's the things.
GameExplain LITERALLY pass their infos as "Prediction"
Most of the Insiders NEVER talked about smash because the community is a ****ing joke everywhere. Even if they got info about it, they let it go and continued their info on others games and I can tell you that there is people right here, who know stuff about Ultimate but won't say jack **** because of how much people are ****ing trash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Little Mac: Hey girl
Mach Rider: Oh, not interested, I'm Bisexual
Little Mac: Wait, Bisexual means-
Mach Rider: Did I say Bi? I meants Bikesexual. I'm attracted to women and bikes
*rides off with Samus*
Real women ride ea--not even going to finish that, it's too silly. :laugh:

Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Bomberman, Waluigi, Takamaru and Krystal.

>no Twinsanity
>using the Radical Entertainment games
Uh, I think you messed up the ritual.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The Direct will open with Sakurai staring coldly at the screen.

"Remember, I said reveals were going to slow down. I wasn't lying. You will learn about the next newcomer in March, because they're DLC. I tried to warn you, ****ers."

The Direct ends.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
This was "Spawncast" that said this?
This couldn't read more egotistical and petty than it does.
I'm not taking his words as a blanket attitude for all insiders, but this type of smugness is really ****ty.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I ignored nothing. If you're being hostile with your public statement, you're only adding fuel to the fire. You're making things worse!
I was specifically talking about people who felt addressed as whenpeople say some people are toxic. Toxicity should absolutely be spoken against in the community cause we REALLY need to do better after the outright embarrassment that is the Smash community with it's booing of legal characters, defending of predators, etc. Though I suppose this isn't the thread for that
Talking about something totally different, Gwen, don't start this ****ing **** up again.
No, the Grinch started it

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Seriously. Every new character placement displaces every person around them, in turn displacing EVEN more characters after that. It's like a crazy ripple effect of movements. Like, it's either the faker is a computer and manipulate every single character and make movements by the pixel or assets were readily used (aka Nintendo edits it because they have the individual art pieces). I really can't see a person doing this normally.
I can certainly see a person doing this--some people are crazy as well as skilled. But it strains credulity given the quality and cleanness of the banner as well as the surrounding circumstances. The great thing about it is, if we even get one new character art from the next Direct, it'll tell us whether it was fake or not.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
See, dis is wat I hwave as a qwestion to da community who's convwinced dis is weal; When dis is confiwmed fwake awe chu all gonna cwome out and apwologize to the pweople who've been saying it's fwake? Ow awe chu just gonna wun back into chuw holes. Like, wight now in the chat pweople awe saying "Oh, it's weal." Chu guys don't know wat chu'we talking abwout. "Chuw weasoning for it being fwake isn't gwood." Give me a weason why it's weal. When it's confiwmed fwake come bwack to the chat and say sowwy. But chu won't, because chur'we cowawds. Come bwack. You go on Twittew and you say "Hey you guys wewe wight, I'm sowwy." I mean, no, is it wong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good weasons. Oh chu'we saying 'I know it's- I know it's fwake, chu just have to twust me.'". Give me a weason why it's real, chu don't have one. Come back when it's confiwmed fwake, apwologize, and we can move on. Othewwise shwut up. This ain't a chatwoom making chu talk, shwut up. I will pwint off this bannew and send it to chuw house, and chu can hwang it up and say "I got owned by dis". I mean pweople are saying "Oh, wude. Needs to chill." Chu know what? Chu people attack insidews and Twittew and YouTubew pewsonalities evewyday when they shawe infowmation with chu. And then dey don't give chu what chu want and you attwack them? No, chu can go to hwell. Like, chu'we not entitled to any infowmation. Don't think chu awe. >:3
UwU vewy nice powst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom