• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What I mean is they wouldn't bring Isaac back just to make him an Assist again.
They did just that with Gray Fox.

We already got Simon as the new Konami rep, we of course weren't going to get two all new Konami newcomers in the same game. Bomberman was an Assist for that reason, it was a consolation prize.
:ultmegaman: and :ultryu: say hi.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
If the banner is real but one of the characters is an assist, then... why have them on the banner? I know, I know, Mr. Saturn is there too, but, all of the new banner characters are very much front and center and it would just be... odd if they turn out to be an assist.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
If this ends up being fake I really hope that whoever made it comes out and shows us exactly how they pulled this off. I want to know every detail.
They literally cannot do this without being litigated into the next century for dragging Eric Bricard and ACP through the mud.

That's one of the reasons the leak is so believable: I've never seen a fake leak that outright FRAMES someone in order to add to its credibility.

It's not outside the realm of possibility, but again, if this is fake and Bricard is indeed being framed, we're dealing with a Hannibal Lecter-level psychopath with an equally impressive IQ.

Occam's Razor actually dictates that the leak is real, because it's more likely that a 60-something advertising exec got drunk in his office and snapchatted a friend a short video of confidential items, believing that snapchat would delete the video, than it is that someone went through all of this trouble to learn the precise details of how ACP makes their materials, reproduces the wristband, frames Bricard, and places themselves in definite legal trouble were they ever to be found out.

The former is VASTLY more likely than the latter, but the latter is far from beyond human capability.

Last edited:

Akiak

Smash Ace
I mean, simply by how they've been talking about other characters (Ken, Shadow, Isaac, Geno, and the Chorus Kids in the pm), that leaves Banjo and Mach Rider.

I'm pretty sure Banjo as an AT isn't a thing

So fairly sure it's Mach Rider...

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman wouldn't be put into the game just to be an Assist. He's far too major and iconic of a character for that kind of ro- Oh...
He's really not, though. I mean, he's famous enough to warrant being a character in a perfect world, but clearly Castlevania won out and his company already had two other reps. And it's not like droves of fans were demanding Bomberman. Why would they jump through the hoops of negotiating with Square Enix or especially Microsoft just to make two of the most rabidly requested fan picks Assist Trophies?

D

Deleted member

He is and bull can we stop talking about this little**** please?!?
Y'see, it's posts like this that make people think Smash fans are all crazy.

Maybe...I dunno...be a little more respectful and don't stoop to petty name calling? Just a thought.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The point is Geno is a long request who hasn't been an Assist, Isaac was absent, Banjo is a huge, huge character owned by a competitor.

Characters who have already been Assists always have the possibility of still being Assists as we see with Waluigi, etc. But characters who haven't ever been Assists or removed like Isaac wouldn't be brought back just to be Assists.
We have no evidence of that. The closest thing is Gray Fox and he was actually brought back for assist

cybersai

Smash Ace
We have no evidence of that. The closest thing is Gray Fox and he was actually brought back for assist
Nobody ever thought Gray Fox ever had a remote chance of being playable.

There's no point to compare characters like that to decade long requests like Isaac, Geno, or huge competitor owned characters like Banjo

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, I've kind of wanted to make a bet about the Grinch Leak, but I didn't want to sound condescending. But you know what? To heck with it. I'll go ahead and make a bet anyway.

If the Grinch Leak turns out to be real, I'm going to draw fan art of an items on 8-player Smash between the 7 leaked characters as well as the Grinch himself. It's been a really long time since I've drawn any sort of art, so something that complex would be a doozy.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, if you're not gonna give Shadow a bike and a M9 glock, you might as well make him an AT.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
First-time poster here, but I agree with this, if one of the characters on the banner leak isn't a character, I'd place my bets on Chorus Kids and/or Mach Rider. Chorus Kids because of well, relevancy, and ditto for Mach Rider, but Mach Rider could get the pit treatment in Brawl...

A Mad Max-inspired, open world Mach Rider reboot?

Nah, I'm just pipe dreaming.
About Mach Rider, that sounds pretty awesome, I’d definitely play it. :grin:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Nobody ever thought Gray Fox ever had a remote chance of being playable.

There's no point to compare characters like that to decade long requests like Isaac, Geno, or huge competitor owned characters like Banjo
If you wanna compare huge competitor owned characters I just gotta point to Bomberman

Simultaneously, Ashley, Krystal, and Waluigi have a few words to say as decade long requested characters

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
If Chorus Kids, Geno, and Isaac are all base roster, I'd consider it perfect. Banjo would likely make DLC, along with many others

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Good? He just wants to have his fifteen seconds of fame on the Internet without providing any concrete evidence like any other "insider". Don't be delusional.
Yesterday people similarly unfamiliar with papagenos said the same thing.

Thinking the worst of others is a lonely way to be. Even if, at the very worst, he's duping everyone - on the chance that he isn't, what harm does civility do?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If the banner is real but one of the characters is an assist, then... why have them on the banner? I know, I know, Mr. Saturn is there too, but, all of the new banner characters are very much front and center and it would just be... odd if they turn out to be an assist.
The Guy is saying the banner isn't real because he knows one of the characters on it is an assist. He's said Aspect of the banner could be real, but the banner itself is fake.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
SMT is just as important as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest

It's about TIME this series got some respect here.
We been in the business since 1987. (Or 1992 if you're just talking Shin).
I'm gonna push the **** out of my man Joker. Yu Narukami would be a victory as well.
Let's see who wins then, one who can summon Satanael, or one that can defeat Lucifer.

(t's going to be Jack Frost)
Jack Frost Pixel Art Gif Small .gif

Last edited:

Dayseh

Smash Rookie
Yo if this turns out to be fake in the end then we will never believe anything ever again. There can be an actual Nintendo Direct with Sakurai himself saying "Here is the next character!" and we're gonna be like "Why should we believe you...."

cybersai

Smash Ace
If you wanna compare hige competitor owned characters I just gotta point to Bomberman

Simultaneously, Ashley, Krystal, and Waluigi have a few words to say as decade long requested characters
And the latter 3 didn't get in simply because they weren't *as* popular as the bigger requests were. There's only limited newcomers each game, of course some characters are going to miss out.

That has nothing to do with securing rights for third party characters like Geno, Banjo Kazooie which are huge characters to toss them in Assists. Again, Bomberman was an Assist because we JUST got Simon. We weren't going to get two new Konami reps from different franchises in the same game.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Y'see, it's posts like this that make people think Smash fans are all crazy.

Maybe...I dunno...be a little more respectful and don't stoop to petty name calling? Just a thought.
Maybe leakers would deserve more respect if it wasn't obvious that they're trying to piggyback off a popular game just to get more attention and that sweet Internet fame without providing any worthwhile information of substance.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
have any of you seen Jon boi's videos? bc I could honestly see him making a video on this whole fiasco

Zenos

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xenos15
Would they really cut Isaac from the fourth game, despite only being an assist trophy...

And bring him back as an assist trophy?

That feels like a slap in the face, if anything. I could only believe Mach Rider and Chorus Kids being the only few of the bunch to become assist trophies.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
The Guy is saying the banner isn't real because he knows one of the characters on it is an assist. He's said Aspect of the banner could be real, but the banner itself is fake.
Oh. Gotcha.

Well, I wonder who it is. There isn't anyone in particular that I would see as an assist over being playable. Maybe Mach Rider, but that's it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Am I the only one who thinks Mach Rider is one of the safer picks in the banner rumour?

New Nintendo Retro pick vs. Banjo-Kazooie, Geno and Isaac.

Hmmmm...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

It's about TIME this series got some respect here.
We been in the business since 1987.

Let's see who wins then, one who can summon Satanael, or one that can defeat Lucifer.

(t's going to be Jack Frost)
Even worse:

This guy as a semi-clone of Marth and Robin.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Yo if this turns out to be fake in the end then we will never believe anything ever again. There can be an actual Nintendo Direct with Sakurai himself saying "Here is the next character!" and we're gonna be like "Why should we believe you...."
To be fair, Sakurai has tricked us before... Like in K. Rool's reveal trailer.

For all we know, next reveal trailer will show Waluigi as the main character, only for him having to have been a red-herring with Geno stealing the spotlight and getting revealed as the character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, if you're not gonna give Shadow a bike and a M9 glock, you might as well make him an AT.
If Banjo-Kazooie can't get their vehicles from Nuts and Bolts, Shadow has no chance.

Tinarg

Smash Cadet

Regardless of this leak's authenticity, I have a gut feeling Mach Rider will be present in some form. Not only do we have Sakurai's tease with the toy gun, but Mach Rider was considered as a fighter for melee as the retro character before Ice Climbers were decided on. Whether we see him as an actual fighter or assist is up in the air at this point, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom