• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
I haven't posted here in forever, but in case the Grinch leak is real, who are you all rallying behind for DLC, if they do make DLC?

We from the Dixie thread are planning to make ourselves heard and try to get Dixie into the game, for example, to round out the "DK, Diddy, K. Rool and Dixie" quartet that old-school DKC once had.​

Who I'm rallying for DLC the most?
d01.gif

2B
I think everyone already expects this answer from me at this point, but I"m spreading awareness any way I can.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
Question for you all. When is the earliest a direct could be announced? Tomorrow? Also is there any reason to think it would be this week as opposed to nest week?
Earliest would be tomorrow. Thoughts for it being this week are the tournament in Japan this weekend which may or may not have an updated version of the game compared to the E3 demo, and to help hype the launch of the smash bundle later this week as well. The other period of time speculated for the direct is the week of the 8th, as pushing it further past that starts to interfere with other events, such as Pokemon Let's Go release and the start of the holiday season.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
It's still sleazy though.

Like that time Reddit tried to find out the Boston Marathon Bomber. Remember how well that went?

We did it Reddit!

Yeah, you did abuse an innocent family whose son had recently committed suicide because you thought he was the bomber when he wasn't.
No offense, but that is a horrible analogy and the guy you responded to wasn't doing anything wrong. I'm sorry that there aren't more sheep who blindly agree with everything that a literal who says.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I have been pretty much on the fence about this entire banner leak without voicing strong opinions for or against it. I said did say that with some time and patience, I think there’s lots of people who could pass off a blurry edited banner.

I know many of you have dived into the thick of the banner debate with sides being drawn (and possible questionable confrontations both off and on Smashboards from what I can gather). I appreciate the help you have done for the community; especially for those who tried to not go into hysterics over it.

I have seen leaks and rumors and problems throughout this community since I joined back before Brawl and certainly this leak has become one of the most talked about and controversial one to my recent memory (maybe even the Sonic and Tails rumor back during Melee).

Just remember, the game will be out in almost a month. This time period before a Smash launch comes once every so often and it’s truly a great time to talk about Smash. Enjoy it because it will be over soon and we will then be waiting for the eventual DLC. Enjoy what you don’t know yet. Maybe pause and take another look at the website and it’s beautiful roster. Watch all video trailers for Brawl and 4.

Enjoy this time because it will soon all be over.
I definitely agree with this. As much as I want the game to come out, speculation is one of my favorite parts of smash, which is why I'm trying to become more active on these boards. These last 4 days have been some of the most hype of my life
My first Smash hype season is almost over. It's become such a part of my life. What am I gonna do after this?

Besides play the game, of course.
Hmmm, good question

campaign for Ashley DLC

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Sorry, they just have the most potential. But seriously, I think they might be the most possible. They'd have a whole rhythm mechanic to introduce, and if the next reveal is through a direct, then they could use the beginning to introduce their moveset like how Simon's whip was showcased
That’s fair at least.
I’d actually love an overview of their move sets, but I feel that might be mostly relegated to third parties sadly.
It’d definitely be amazing though.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m prepared for the leak being fake and accepting it.

What I’m not prepared for is the inevitable gloating from Team Fake who’ll reprimand those for setting their expections too high and such.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I haven't posted here in forever, but in case the Grinch leak is real, who are you all rallying behind for DLC, if they do make DLC?

We from the Dixie thread are planning to make ourselves heard and try to get Dixie into the game, for example, to round out the "DK, Diddy, K. Rool and Dixie" quartet that old-school DKC once had.
Once DLC is announced, I am gonna push the **** out of Demi-fiend and/or an SMT protaognist.
MegatenQ2small.jpg

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
That's understandable, but I believe that most of the "effort" people attribute to this leak is actually fans looking far to into this, like they always do.
I was 50/50 until I started seeing the insider community shy away from this leak. The only thing that could possibly set this apart from all of the other fake leaks that these people were happy to discuss is that, actually real or not, it was right.

Beyond that, it's the fact that Bricard and ACP both now have reason to hunt down whoever faked this for heaping mounds of slander upon them. Normally, fake leaks don't drag people and companies in with them BECAUSE it raises the stakes to a point where the faker has a lot more to lose than they have to gain at that point.

I know this is the internet and people can do some crazy things, but fake leaks have always been made with either an end goal in mind (eg. revealing how you made the leak and getting patreon followers) or been made anonymously in situations where no one is being "incriminated" by the leak.

Whoever did this can't take credit for it without being sued (and they had to have known that would've happened), and the work they did to ensure that the workplace and materials in the leak looked authentic to the ones we've seen in the ACP video was nothing short of meticulous.

So either it's real, or it was made by a bonafide, genius psychopath who wanted to watch quietly from the shadows as their work drove us all into a frenzy, at which point I can only say, "Well done, sir, but probably best to not **** with people's lives for a fake SSB leak in the future."

The only weak link in all of this is, again, the fact that we have very little reliable confirmation on Bricard's employment at ACP. Everything else lines up perfectly except I'm not convinced we've verified him working there.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
By God, if this turns out to be fake, Smash 6's leaks are going to have to step the **** up.
I'm telling you we need an ARG leak where fans need to go to real locations to assemble clues as to the full roster. I'm thinking coordinate clues that lead to abandoned locations, codes to crack that lead to websites and hidden messages, videos to comb through, meeting up with actors and performing real puzzles, maybe even a dash of violence and danger?

This would be the only thing to draw me into Smash 6 speculation. Anything else and I sleep. But this? REAL ****.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I’m prepared for the leak being fake and accepting it.

What I’m not prepared for is the inevitable gloating from Team Fake who’ll reprimand those for setting their expections too high and such.
Honestly those people will have absolutely no leg to stand on.

If fake, this is without a doubt the most elaborate hoax in Smash history and nobody has been able to conclusively disprove it. People aren't gullible or stupid for believing it, and people on Team Fake aren't some kind of uber-rationalist geniuses for claiming it's fake.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Leaks can generally only be proven true in Hindsight they can really only be proven false prior to that point. This one has just enough going for it that its survived much of the usual things we look for with past fakes leaving it in an area that only official reveals are going to resolve the matter..

TheYungLink

Smash Lord

Who I'm rallying for DLC the most?
View attachment 173213
2B
I think everyone already expects this answer from me at this point, but I"m spreading awareness any way I can.
NieR: Automata is a masterpiece btw. I got the E ending and everything.

I don't expect 2B to be the rumored Square Enix pick but if she is I'll lose my mind.

Until then I'll enjoy her in Soulcalibur VI.

Once DLC is announced, I am gonna push the **** out of Demi-fiend and/or an SMT protaognist.
View attachment 173219
SMT is just as important as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, really hoping to see some content from that series in Smash. I'd instamain any of the demon summoners, though Demi-fiend is at the top.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If one character is an Assist, wouldn't be surprised if it's Chorus Kids or Mach Rider.

Come to think of it Mach Rider being playable on the motorcycle all the time might have proven troublesome for a playable character.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Out of this madness of a rumor, atleast I got to hear some really cool song that I otherwise wouldn't find on my own, like this one.
Thank you Rhythm Heaven fan for sharing this and a few other songs.:4pacman:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I have been pretty much on the fence about this entire banner leak without voicing strong opinions for or against it. I said did say that with some time and patience, I think there’s lots of people who could pass off a blurry edited banner.

I know many of you have dived into the thick of the banner debate with sides being drawn (and possible questionable confrontations both off and on Smashboards from what I can gather). I appreciate the help you have done for the community; especially for those who tried to not go into hysterics over it.

I have seen leaks and rumors and problems throughout this community since I joined back before Brawl and certainly this leak has become one of the most talked about and controversial one to my recent memory (maybe even the Sonic and Tails rumor back during Melee).

Just remember, the game will be out in almost a month. This time period before a Smash launch comes once every so often and it’s truly a great time to talk about Smash. Enjoy it because it will be over soon and we will then be waiting for the eventual DLC. Enjoy what you don’t know yet. Maybe pause and take another look at the website and it’s beautiful roster. Watch all video trailers for Brawl and 4.

Enjoy this time because it will soon all be over.
I
Thank you.
And you know? I'm gonna enjoy every single moment I can with the rest of this cycle, especially since it's my first. So far, it's been one of the most magical times in my life, especially when it was first revealed in March, than when it was showcased at E3. At then the pure excitement nd joy that came out of K. Rool's reveal. There's truly nothing quite like this, and I'm happy I was/am able to be apart of it and enjoy it. I'm very happy to of made the switch to Smash Boards when it comes to talking about Smash as on Instagram not a lot of people made too much of what I said about there. As with here though, it has been amazing to see so many people very like-minded when it comes to this game series which I love.

Okay, enough of my rambling at 1:00am. XD

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Good grief. It's come to the point that I'm bowing out and just letting my friend let me know when something breaks. However, I am going to stick around for a bit, long enough to share my thoughts on the matter at hand.

One, MysticDistance's thoughts on the matter pretty much mirrored my own, frankly, that the leak was fake and someone really got lucky with well thought out guesses. The only reason no insider called it out is because they would have had to point out WHAT the issue was and thus possibly expose their sources and burn their bridges. I believe that 4-5 of those are real, and the rest are ATs. Meaning we probably still have two or 3 franchises and thus unknown characters still to go.

LetterO

Smash Lord
It’s not Chorus Kids, Ken, or Isaac as Mystic already seems to be certain on their playability

osby

Smash Obsessed
Out of this madness of a rumor, atleast I got to hear some really cool song that I otherwise wouldn't find on my own, like this one.
Thank you Rhythm Heaven fan for sharing this and a few other songs.:4pacman:
Someone posted this on here yesterday and I listened it like five times and now I have to listen it again, because otherwise I'd have auto-control.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mystic said some people said to him it was fake but who?
5E09E0A0-B2D7-47AB-9B2D-4EFB97D04772.jpeg

Yeah he’s bull and uncredit for. team real forever!

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
The Chorus Kids have a high chance of being Assistant Trophies. They could use their big scream to attack.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
the only character mystic hasnt talked abt directly is mach rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom