• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So uh, what exactly damaged the leak now? Why is everyone asking if it's dead? Every single day it gets a new point in it's favor.

And it seems like MysticDistance has heard about most of the characters on it

Potato_

Smash Lord
Are we sure Mystic and the other guy aren't trying to dish-out stuff to "prove" it's fake much like what happened with the ESRB leak?

These two and their statements alone aren't enough to convince me otherwise.

And I have supreme doubt if they both outright de-confirm Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.
It's not just their statements, it's that combined with the fact that basically every other insider has said no on it.

Not only that, but these two along with Steve provided more details as to why it's fake, and their info seems to be reasonable. The leak does have characters that are in, but the leak itself is fake. Steve in particular has said he doesn't know anything about the characters but he knows for a fact that the banner is false, which suggests his source knows something about the banner production or what it should include.

D

Deleted member

Please tell me the banner isn’t fake I don’t want Steve *shudders*

Please tell me it’s not

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitch_man42

Smash Rookie
I want this to be true purely because of the insanity of it. "Alright so those smash fans are ****ing nuts. Let's make a fake leak that just happens to include some images of our movie, and they'll spread it like wildfire."
I mean they would be right if they did it. It did spread like wildfire.

Jess. Alakasam

Smash Cadet
So uh, what exactly damaged the leak now? Why is everyone asking if it's dead? Every single day it gets a new point in it's favor.

Mystic (who by the way has not been proven to be trustworthy) claimed it's fake

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Probably because Isaac is actually realizable as a character, whereas nobody really even understands how the Chorus Kids would fight.

I like my fighting games to have characters that look like they could seriously fight in them, not silly joke characters. I know it's Smash, but still.
Chorus Kids aren't joke characters. Sakurai has never cared about if a character could fight, so I don't know why he would now. A rhythm based gimmick is something very realizable. I don't have any idea how it would work, but Sakurai would be able to figure it out

Last edited:

Roo525

Smash Ace
I don't buy into the whole "only some of the Grinch leak is true" rumor. Either everything in the banner is real or its all faked.
As for if some of the characters are faked but ended up being true by coincidence, it's possible. However if the character art ends up matching the leak, that settles it then and there for me.

Grippy_Toad

Smash Rookie
If this whole elaborate, confusing mess full of coincidences and turns is fake, and Banjo really isn't in, I will honestly be pretty bumned out.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Team HMMM is still here but....Hmmmmm....
Well considering i still keep coming back ive retired Team Dont Spoil me, i got enough doubt in everything for it to still be a surprise and have returned to form Team Rainbow Rocket... or is that name taken?

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I’m Team Hmm now. In a perfect world, we COULD possibly get all the characters plus Incineroar. Mystic said he didn’t know if the banner was real or not but, I don’t really know what to think rn

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Kowalski, status report on the Grinch Leak. I'm seeing that the consensus is changing rapidly, but what is the extent?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, here's my cool discovery (from wherever) of the day:

Sorry about the first image, but as you can see, Pichu's pose resembles previous models (Smash 4 in this case, from the trophy). Another noticeable attention to detail in the galaxy brain owned by Masahiro Sakurai (that was weird).

Shroob

Sup?

It really can't be real if we don't end up getting all the characters on it.

If our final Direct is: Incineroar, Isaac, Ken, Shadow, Geno, then it legit cannot be real.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Perhaps Banjo is being prepared for DLC later on, explaining why only Papagenos Microsoft source knows about it?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I really hope Mach Rider is in. Having a guy in red-and-blue tights with a laser rifle and a motorcycle is just so ridiculously over-the-top and awesome.
Yes ! I imagine him/her to always be on his/her bike and uses it to fight and move (and of course his/her gun for specials).

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Since others have asked this question and it hasn't been answered yet, I'll ask it.

Who is Mystic and why should we take his word over anyone else's? It seems to me he just came out of nowhere and is spouting this "banner is mostly right" nonsense to appease both crowds.

I'll take a spot on there my guy.
only half serious because I'm new around here and have no reputation and really don't expect to be considered at all heh
https://twitter.com/mysticdistance/status/1056744695819329536?s=21
This explains his credibility

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
What if... what if the 'leakers' coming out of the wood works now with conflicting stories is Nintendo's real disinformation campaign? :joyful:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Since others have asked this question and it hasn't been answered yet, I'll ask it.

Who is Mystic and why should we take his word over anyone else's? It seems to me he just came out of nowhere and is spouting this "banner is mostly right" nonsense to appease both crowds.

I'll take a spot on there my guy.
only half serious because I'm new around here and have no reputation and really don't expect to be considered at all heh
Since they started saying it was real, backtracked (bad sign), and now giving a very strange, out of nowhere info dump--Really my BS meter is going off hard.

But, I know I'm biased, and this doesn't look good for that so--I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, even though I feel like I should really doubt this.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Mystic (who by the way has not been proven to be trustworthy) claimed it's fake
Lmao, and then he proceeds to say over half the characters featured on it are in. That's not suspicious....

Plus this guy is saying exactly what he did like 2 days ago, why is everyone treating this as a sudden leak killer? It's been around for awhile.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The one thing I want to find out about Mach Rider is what's the junk in his or her trunk. Because I'm taking Sakurai's word of what it is, man.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Virginburger, Durrs from gamexplain, and rogersbasement debunked the banner leak, here's what they had to say about each character.

Banjo - filthy gaijin
Shadow - obligatory safe echo pick
Ken - typical safe supported leak pick.
Mach Rider - typical retro rep fan rule
Isaac - removed after brawl, never returning.
Chorus Kids - literally who
Geno - typical second square rep choice.

Typical fake leak roster picks.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Mmm... maybe the insiders know about from each company that is working with Nintendo? Like some know information from Capcom, Square, Konami, Namco, Nintendo and Microsoft? So each is different?

.n_n.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm on Team I Hope DLC Is Going To Be As Good As Ultimate's Base Roster Newcomers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom