• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Wow surprised my account still even works after all these years lmfaooo.

Been following all this on smashfaqs but rarely post. Decided to come here and see what smashboards think and after reading everything im part of #TeamReal. This is with me not getting any of my most wanted characters(Dixie/Krystal/Shantae/Sora)

However my reasons for it being real are a bit different then most and it mostly comes down to how these "insiders" are acting.

Gamexplain in particular. They made 30 min videos on both the box art theory and "Kencineiroar" theory. Yet NOTHING on the biggest "leak" in smash history?? That's just not adding up.

Further more the findings that videos addressing this leak are being demontionized as well as the video being taking down of the actual business.

It's more the "Real life stuff" that is going on surrounding this leak then the leak itself that is making me believe it.
Where have we learned that the videos are being demonized?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Ken
Incineroar
Geno
Isaac
Shadow

DLC:
Banjo

and a bunch of other people I guess

Chorus Kids and Mach Rider?
Idunno but I'd like to see them for sure

This will probably change immediately depending on who gets angry
Chances are I'll add Goku as soon as they get angry
ADD GOKU, GOSH DANG IT.

And Quote.

Potato_

Smash Lord
You know what would be ****ing CRAZY? If this leak was faked by Universal Productions or Illumination Entertainment as some insane marketing ploy for The Grinch movie. That is like the most far fetched of ideas, and they probably would never out right admit to that. But it would explain why its so convincing. I doubt it to be honest the chances of Universal or Illumination doing that are slim to none. But there have probably been crazier ad campaigns, and honestly I want it to be true just so I can see everyone lose their ****.
I want this to be true purely because of the insanity of it. "Alright so those smash fans are ****ing nuts. Let's make a fake leak that just happens to include some images of our movie, and they'll spread it like wildfire."

Isn't it odd that Papa's source is the sole source saying Banner is legit plus Incineroar?

Out of aaaaaaaaaaaall of these guys, only Papa's source is saying this?
Thats not at all what they were saying. They confirmed Banjo but they also heard a bunch of names. Since the banner also had those names they assumed they were confirmed too but never certain.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Still on this being real, insiders seem made vague on this and the video deletion from earlier today suggests that the printing company is very much aware of what's happening right now.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Permit me to flex for a second. Here's an abridged version of an earlier post of mine:

Assuming MysticDistance is right and the remaining characters are Incineroar/Isaac/Geno/Ken/Shadow, I was pretty on the mark. I did assume the Sqaure character would be DLC instead of base roster which he seems to be implying Geno is, but otherwise I was correct. This has no bearing on anything, I'm just potentially proud of myself, depending on whether or not it will pan out as he says.
I'd pretty much came to the same conclusion in a way, from what I've seen and heard it feels like it'd make sense that one of the possible outcomes is that it's PARTLY right, if not fully.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I've thought long and hard about this, and while I have no idea what happened tonight as far as leak news goes (the sheer amount of people in this thread indicates to me there's something worth reading over the last eighty pages) I have finally decided to elaborate on my last and final position on this leak. I realize that by doing so I open myself up to attacks from people on every internet platform. Nonetheless, I am willing to bear that burden, because I believe so strongly in my conclusion that it will be like swatting at flies.

This leak is fake. There are many obvious reasons for this.
  • Mr. Saturn, who is obviously a playable character, is in the banner leak but is not being recognized by #TeamReal as a fighter. This is disingenuous and I believe they all know something I don't.
  • Shrek is not in the leak. Shrek is absolutely a lock for this game, as I have outlined in previous posts. To have the image of masculinity and perfection, nay, the image of the divine itself not in Smash is clearly an oversight by the leakers. It wouldn't surprise me if Shrek actually returned as a veteran and not a newcomer, and Sakurai revealed he had been an unlockable character in Smash 4 all along.
  • idk the background is blurry or somethin
  • Mr. Sakurai happens to be of Japanese descent. Now, being a history professor by trade, I happen to know a few things about Japanese history and culture that would cause Mr. Sakurai to choose certain other characters. Let's go down the list.
  • 1. Sakurai would not choose Mach Rider. The bike that Mach Rider is on is reminiscient of the Panzer tank, which stormed over the Maginot line and into Sakurai's ancestral homeland.
  • 2. Sakurai would not choose Banjo-Kazooie. The banjo is an instrument hailing from northern Thailand, an area rival to Sakurai's home country of Peru.
  • 3. Sakurai could never choose to have Wario in the game. Nintendo's higher ups are very clear on their stance towards the color yellow, and having a third-party character would only complicate things.
  • In addition to Sakurai not adding these characters, there are financial reasons for withholding these characters as well. Being a financial adviser and professional Poker 24/7 Talladega Nights Jackpot Bonus Round player by trade, I don't think I should have to outline precisely why Samurai would wait to release these characters. Nonetheless, let's go through the relevant options.
  • 1. Nintendo could make a lot more money if they pieced up the content and sold each character for a buck apiece.
  • 2. Nintendo could make a lot more money if they pieced up the content and sold each character for TWO bucks apiece.
  • 3. Partnering with the FDA is clearly the most efficient way to produce this content, but if Sakurai is to earn the goodwill of President McKinley, he will have to withhold Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Captain Falcon and probably Pink Gold Peach from being fighters in the game.
  • idk the background is blurry or somethin

Hopefully this will help clear things up, and may even change your mind.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At this point you're asking him to make an entirely new banner with people's avatars...

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Don't blame them for being skeptical. A lot of people have been let down by Emily Rogers time and time again.
I’m not referring to Emily though. People like Ryce, Spawn Wave, that Nintendo Life guy, and Mystic are all being transparent with us and they’re being bashed with things such as “what do they know” or “damage control”. This is coming for someone who believes you should not put all your stock in leakers, but there’s a difference between being skeptical and outright angry because they don’t share the same opinion as you.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Isn't it odd that Papa's source is the sole source saying Banner is legit plus Incineroar?

Out of aaaaaaaaaaaall of these guys, only Papa's source is saying this?
I think because he’s specifically a Microsoft source (which makes sense) but I don’t know whom the other sources of insiders work with

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We are 111 pages away from the most important page in this thread.

If you guys **** it up I'm killing the grinch leak

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't mean to be rude, as I like Isaac myself, but I don't understand why people find Isaac more likely than Chorus Kids. Isaac is a character from a dead franchise that I can't really believe did amazingly well on the ballot (his only real way of making it). Chorus Kids, while probably doing bad on the ballot, have relevancy, were planned for smash 4, and megamix released the same year in Japan as the project plan was made and had great sales. I feel like they would out prioritize Isaac
I can see both getting in...
I feel like Isaac is 90% likely to be in thanks to that item leak as well as his fan support...
And Chorus Kids seem likley because of the stuff you just mentioned

Also on the topic of those two, Didn't Mystic say that two characters are sharing a reveal?
I feel like it would be the combination of Isaac and Chorus Kids
I don't know, it makes sense.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
This, honestly. I don't think Mystic was referring to characters with there being oddities, wrong elements or a combo of both.
Chrous Kids/Glee Club were worked on for 4 so they can be ported easily, Mach Rider fits in with the "obligatory retro rep", and the concept of Nintendo using Banjo, a third party, as bait? That would be kinda of a punch to the stomach to Banjo fans after waiting 10 years for them to appear in something.
Here's the flaw with using Banjo and Kazooie, Microsoft characters, as bait on artwork that funded by Nintendo.

That's pretty much illegal and could be grounds for Microsoft to sue.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I don't mean to be rude, as I like Isaac myself, but I don't understand why people find Isaac more likely than Chorus Kids. Isaac is a character from a dead franchise that I can't really believe did amazingly well on the ballot (his only real way of making it). Chorus Kids, while probably doing bad on the ballot, have relevancy, were planned for smash 4, and megamix released the same year in Japan as the project plan was made and had great sales. I feel like they would out prioritize Isaac

Edit: There's the whole item thing, but that doesn't have to be a Golden Sun item
Probably because Isaac is actually realizable as a character, whereas nobody really even understands how the Chorus Kids would fight.

I like my fighting games to have characters that look like they could seriously fight in them, not silly joke characters. I know it's Smash, but still.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Reminder that the banner being fake is Mystic's opinion.

He said none of his sources would confirm it nor disconfirm it.

I mean, it may be fake regardless, but we could end up with all its characters anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dream situation is if they add like... a Indie Character DLC Pack or something
INCLUDING Shovel Knight. Assist Trophies be damned.
This man genuinely believes Waluigi wouldn't be the first to get freed from Assist Trophy land.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
Still on this being real, insiders seem made vague on this and the video deletion from earlier today suggests that the printing company is very much aware of what's happening right now.
I'd wait till Monday to start being suspicious of the printing company. If they saw their video blowing up with memes about the Grinch, it'd make sense that they'd panic and just have it deleted ASAP.
But I think if they were going to make an official statement, it wouldn't be till sometime Monday when their office is open again and they can have their legal and executives draft a proper statement.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Probably because Isaac is actually realizable as a character, whereas nobody really even understands how the Chorus Kids would fight.

I like my fighting games to have characters that look like they could seriously fight in them, not silly joke characters. I know it's Smash, but still.
Nah Pheonix Wright was the best and most creative character in Marvel 3. I’d done right, characters that don’t look like fighters are often the best.

D

Deleted member

Wait why are people suddenly acting so doom and gloom based on Mystic's word?
Did I miss something? People weren't taking insiders by their word this much before, why now?
Remember to stay hydrated!
Remember to sit up straight for good posture.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I really don’t care if the banner is real or not. As long as the characters are I’m happy.
I was literally just about to say the same thing.

"I don't care if the Grinch leak is real or fake, as long as I get Isaac I'm solid."

Every time the possibility comes that could prove Isaac is in (i.e. the Sprout from the other day) I feel a great rush of happiness, and usually I'm pretty mellow. I try not to let it colour my perception of the facts (which is why I believe that the banner glitches talked about a few hours ago are just that, glitches).

While watching the last few directs, I've been... interested, but nothing character-wise has really, truly hyped me since E3 (Daisy and Snake's Revenge). I smiled at Inkling, Ridley, Simon/Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool and Isabelle, but it was more a meta-happiness (as in, I was happy for the people who wanted them and not strictly happy about the characters themselves). If Isaac is confirmed, I might just Etika out. :laugh:

Last edited:

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Since others have asked this question and it hasn't been answered yet, I'll ask it.

Who is Mystic and why should we take his word over anyone else's? It seems to me he just came out of nowhere and is spouting this "banner is mostly right" nonsense to appease both crowds.

I'm drawing a huge poster with every member I can fit on it.
I'll take a spot on there my guy.
only half serious because I'm new around here and have no reputation and really don't expect to be considered at all heh

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay....

I have made a decision.

My gut is finally no longer torn.

I feel like I can leave Team Hmm...

I have joined....

Team Fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom