• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ken
Incineroar
Geno
Isaac
Shadow

DLC:
Banjo

and a bunch of other people I guess

Chorus Kids and Mach Rider?
Idunno but I'd like to see them for sure

This will probably change immediately depending on who gets angry
Chances are I'll add Goku as soon as they get angry

On thing to note is that Papa Geno's source was able to confirm Banjo but he couldn't confirm the rest of the characters. So Papa Genos and Mystic can both be right and it's likely the cut characters are Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.

Jess. Alakasam

Smash Cadet
Steve is the owner of NintendoLife, I don't think he'd risk something like this if he doesn't know.
Ryce is a notorious leaker with a very good track record.
Well, Steve could be doing damage control and has Ryce leaked anything Nintendo-related?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You guys really gotta stop acting so sensitive to Insider input lol. Nobody is presenting it as a fact, it’s just more possible information on this.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
???
Not the same at all.

Also I always stood by the fact that cloud would be the first square character in smash. He made more sense then geno and sora.
Lloyd not being a viable pick because he isn't a "recent" protagonist is a tad silly to me. He's easily the most recognizable Tales Of character there is, and Sakurai probably knows that with his Mii Costume inclusion.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I don't think Heihachi will be a thing purely due to what Sakurai said about not being able to incorporate his game well.

Think about it. Tekken is a 8 direction fighting game. That's REALLY hard to translate into Smash. Almost impossible I'd argue.

With how Sakurai loves to keep the spirit of each game he implements (Cloud's Limit meter, Bayo's spot dodge mechanics and jumps, Ryu's inputs and facing the character always) I could see him just dropping Heihachi to focus on Lloyd.

LetterO

Smash Lord
It's going to be the biggest punch in the gut if for days I've been convinced the leak is real and was ecstatic that my most wanted character (Chorus Kids) got in, only for everyone else in the leak but them and another person to be in. I don't want that possibility.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So if the missing character is Incineroar, then at the very least we could be looking at:

Incineroar
Shadow
Ken
Geno
Isaac

As potentially our final 5 newcomers. While I would have nothing to complain about, the fact that Banjo ended up in a leak like this is heartbreaking.
Banjo I think has a shot at being the first DLC character. Being in a similar position to Mewtwo in Smash 4.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Once again i've opened the floodgates. What can I say? I'm a sucker for pain.

I'll take everyone's requests into consideration, but I want to make this clear.

You will only be added if I can make it work.

I still want it to look like a competent image, after all.

With that said, don't be afraid to ask to be in the poster. It actually gives me ideas on what to draw. I can't promise everyone will be in it, unfortunately.

And don't worry about me, I want to do this. It's fun!
I'd like to be in, if possible. I've spent too much time here since I've joined to be afraid to ask lmao. My avatar/name is Erk from FE7 if you need some context for better reference.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
It's always possible that many of these "insiders" have outdated information. Does noone remember the Gematsu leak?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Actually Yuri is the most popular protagonist in the fandom, to the point he's banned in most popularity contests, but Lloyd is the most familar with Nintendo players.
Well Tales of Vesperia comes out for the Switch next year...Sooooooo....

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So if the missing character is Incineroar, then at the very least we could be looking at:

Incineroar
Shadow
Ken
Geno
Isaac

As potentially our final 5 newcomers. While I would have nothing to complain about, the fact that Banjo ended up in a leak like this is heartbreaking.
Oh wow I didn't even see this but our list is the same haha

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
We don’t know if The Grinch is fake yet. Mystic said nobody wont tell him if the banner is real or not, they just told him there’s just some oddities and wrong elements which I don’t think refer to characters. Also we don’t know what’s going on with Incineroar, Mystic said he’s in while papagenos said he might be DLC.
This, honestly. I don't think Mystic was referring to characters with there being oddities, wrong elements or a combo of both.
Chrous Kids/Glee Club were worked on for 4 so they can be ported easily, Mach Rider fits in with the "obligatory retro rep", and the concept of Nintendo using Banjo, a third party, as bait? That would be kinda of a punch to the stomach to Banjo fans after waiting 10 years for them to appear in something.

Shroob

Sup?
On thing to note is that Papa Geno's source was able to confirm Banjo but he couldn't confirm the rest of the characters. So Papa Genos and Mystic can both be right and it's likely the cut characters are Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.
Isn't it odd that Papa's source is the sole source saying Banner is legit plus Incineroar?

Out of aaaaaaaaaaaall of these guys, only Papa's source is saying this?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
**** confused him with Chrono.

Also forgot he had a mii costume.

And lyold isn't the main character in later ones is he?

As a Namco rep, i don't see why they'd go with him when Heihachi was literally consider for 4.
Heihachi is in a bad spot since his voice actor is dead :"C

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
So wait, a few questions.

1. How are Ryce/Mystic credible?
2. What exactly did rice say about the banner/characters. I hear some people saying he mentioned Lloyd, but I can’t find that

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be the biggest punch in the gut if for days I've been convinced the leak is real and was ecstatic that my most wanted character (Chorus Kids) got in, only for everyone else in the leak but them and another person to be in. I don't want that possibility.
It has to be all or none. The leak can't be real without every character in it getting in

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Are we sure Mystic and the other guy aren't trying to dish-out stuff to "prove" it's fake much like what happened with the ESRB leak?

These two and their statements alone aren't enough to convince me otherwise.

And I have supreme doubt if they both outright de-confirm Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I really don't see how this changes anything...

It's no different than before. Taking someone's word over the banner.. this has been the argument for days... as far as I'm concerned this guy's info changes nothing. If he didn't physically see the completed banner or the final roster his info could be wrought with false information.

The only proof were getting is character reveals. Or if somehow video footage leaks of the game with the full roster.. nothing is "over" nothing has changed. It's still just as ambiguous now as it was hours ago.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder when the next Nintendo/Smash Direct is...as a way for the Saudi Arbia stuff to be put behind wrestling fans/cultured folk such as my self

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Permit me to flex for a second. Here's an abridged version of an earlier post of mine:
So here's my personal take on this whole situation. I think the Growth Psynergy item does hint towards Isaac being in Smash. However, while this is certainly a point in the leak's favor, it's far from a confirmation that the leak is legitimate. After all, Isaac could be in the game and the leak could be fake at the same time, and that's what I personally believe at the moment. I can't overlook the inconsistencies between the leaked empty banner and the E3 version; they just don't add up. With that out of the way, I think the remaining newcomers would be Isaac/Incineroar as true newcomers, (since Incineroar is just as likely as it was before if the Grinch leak is fake,) and Ken/Shadow as echoes. Even if Grinch leak is fake, if we assume Isaac is in, then it's highly likely that box theory is dead, and if so, Shadow starts to make a lot of sense again, at least to me. Finally, I think the Square Enix character is still going to be the first DLC, whether it be Sora or Geno, or even someone else. (Realistically though, I think it's one of the former two.)
Assuming MysticDistance is right and the remaining characters are Incineroar/Isaac/Geno/Ken/Shadow, I was pretty on the mark. I did assume the Square character would be DLC instead of base roster which he seems to be implying Geno is, but otherwise I was correct. This has no bearing on anything, I'm just potentially proud of myself, depending on whether or not it will pan out as he says.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
You guys really gotta stop acting so sensitive to Insider input lol. Nobody is presenting it as a fact, it’s just more possible information on this.
Don't blame them for being skeptical. A lot of people have been let down by Emily Rogers time and time again.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I don't mean to be rude, as I like Isaac myself, but I don't understand why people find Isaac more likely than Chorus Kids. Isaac is a character from a dead franchise that I can't really believe did amazingly well on the ballot (his only real way of making it). Chorus Kids, while probably doing bad on the ballot, have relevancy, were planned for smash 4, and megamix released the same year in Japan as the project plan was made and had great sales. I feel like they would out prioritize Isaac

Edit: There's the whole item thing, but that doesn't have to be a Golden Sun item

Last edited:

Jess. Alakasam

Smash Cadet
Ryce had leaked stuff for MvC: Infinite from what I recall. From what I recall they are pretty trustworthy so I think they are likely telling the truth
How would they have inside info about stuff from both Capcom and Nintendo. I don't remotely buy any of these TBH.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Same for me, with Banjo. With battling 103 stages theory, Box theory, and knocking them down one by one, only get to a seemingly legitimate leak, only for them to have been the one or few that was fake.

I'll just start the crying now, I guess...

I'll be okay

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I'm still #TeamReal. Way to many coincidences line up with it, it seems way to complex and detailed to be a blurry fake. But the insider thing does confuse me. I do find it strange that Inceneroar is the one character every insider agrees on, and not anything else. That plus Sakurai supposedly cracking down on leaks yet their being so many supposed insiders makes me think Inceneroar was bait.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I told someone on here I'd film myself eating $20 worth of taco bell if it's fake when I know damn well my tiny stomach can only fit $10 of it at most, and that's only if I'm not eating 10 soft tacos (impossible). I would gladly eat crow, I just don't think this is fake and I'd put money on it as well.

I think anyone denying this at this point is either ridiculously biased or just lacks critical thinking skills. They can still be good people, but I see some people on here who obviously desperately want this to be fake and will listen to nothing or try and debunk the leak while inadvertently making it stronger.

This is the real deal.
Is everyone still forgetting that Sakurai has given us repeated warnings about there being fewer newcomers this time around and that reveals would slow down? Sakurai has gone back on his word before such as when he said Ridley couldn't work as a playable fighter, but that was the previous game, not the same one.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I think we need to take a step back from the banner and ask ourselves something:

How the **** would CHADondorf know what characters were cut? Why would a random Japanese dev be ****posting on 4chan.
Yeah that always seemed odd to me. My memory is a bit blurry, but didn’t the MF leaker of the ESRB leak make a claims of a bunch DLC characters that turned out to be false anyways? Regardless if the Chadondorf leak is real or not, I feel that the cut characters part is just there to mess with people and should be ignored.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Mystic really isn't a leaker, but it sounds to me like he was given the real banner if he is talking about how different it looks.
Ryce is a leaker, he leaked the roster of MVC3 and MVCI.
And how do we prove that this "Mystic" isn't just talking out of his ass?
And why should Ryce be trusted with Smash information, considering most insiders claim it to be "a wild card." Ryce definitely has info on Capcom if that's true, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. Did he leak anything substantial from any big Nintendo releases?

Shroob

Sup?
It's always possible that many of these "insiders" have outdated information. Does noone remember the Gematsu leak?
That's a possibility, but one of them mentions more or less "If this is real, one of the characters I know about must have been cut very recently"

It seems very, very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom