• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polan

Smash Lord
I’m neutral with the September Direct Isaac theory. I think Isabelle was most definitely supposed to be the ending announcement, but I don’t think Isaac being cut because of the Earthquake is that far fetched, though I do see why people don’t believe it. I do remember LKD saying that “the reason why the direct was delayed should be obvious when it airs again” so whether or not you believe LKD, either she got bad info again or they cut Isaac completely because there was nothing in that direct that looked offensive towards the Earthquake. If I had to speculate if the theory is true, I’d imagine Isaac was supposed to be revealed before the box, and then the box leads into Isabelle which leads into the Animal Crossing announcement. Of course that still happened except there was no Isaac.
i think LKD's reason for the delay was cities skylines. that game has natural disasters as a feature and i wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit talking about that during the direct that got cut out

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Isn't this "video" in question the one that showed off the office the leak was recorded at?

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Animal Crossing announcement was too intertwined with Isabelle's trailer for it to have been anything else. Unless Isaac was advertising the new AC game himself.

My series is dead, but you know what series isn't dead? Animal Crossing. Buy it.
There might have been two trailers intended to be in the Nintendo Direct (Isaac's at the start, Isabelle's at the end).

But I like the idea of Isaac (in Animal Crossing style), walking into Isabelle's office during her trailer and saying that. XD

Last edited:

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm not buying it. The banner glitch seemed to be a widespread issue after Isabelle's reveal. Also unless it was fake I saw someone link a 4chan thread showing the picture of the mural right after the reveal that looked fine and not glitched.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Also that Rathalos tweet that seemed to be hinting Golden Sun just a few days after that direct would really make sense now if Isaac’s reveal was cut, and Sakurai just wanted to give us a hint he was still coming.
Small correction, the Rathalos post was after 8/8, not the September Direct. It's still possible that it was a hint, but definitely not retroactively

Drifting

Smash Cadet
NNID
Driftie
Man Mach Rider is gonna be wild imagine a whole character based entirely on Wario side-b this truly is the greatest timeline.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
The Animal Crossing announcement was too intertwined with Isabelle's trailer for it to have been anything else. Unless Isaac was advertising the new AC game himself.

My series is dead, but you know what series isn't dead? Animal Crossing. Buy it.
People are saying both Isabelle and Isaac were originally in the Direct, not that Isabelle replaced Isaac.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hm.

So like I said discussing the earthquake thing makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I don't really care whether it's "logical" for me to feel that way or not

But...

• Isaac's spot in the mural matches up with the messed up bit in Isabelle's mural.
  • The mural not being at the end of the Direct makes complete sense if they had to tug it out and modify it.
  • The potentially Golden Sun item being plopped into the Wendy's trailer makes much more sense if Isaac was intended to be revealed with it.
  • The drought would've been far lessened if we got 2 characters, especially Isaac. I think Sakurai would be aware of this.
  • The box would make much more sense if 2 newcomers were to be revealed in the Direct.

...still teamfake...but...

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
So I walk into Gamestop today to finally make my Smash Ultimate pre order and I find this jerk taunting me
JPEG_20181028_171941.jpg

Edit: well that's unfortunate but you get the idea

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im getting so impatient for a direct :(
All these leaks, we need concrete evidence...

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Hm.

So like I said discussing the earthquake thing makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I don't really care whether it's "logical" for me to feel that way or not

But...

• Isaac's spot in the mural matches up with the messed up bit in Isabelle's mural.
  • The mural not being at the end of the Direct makes complete sense if they had to tug it out and modify it.
  • The potentially Golden Sun item being plopped into the Wendy's trailer makes much more sense if Isaac was intended to be revealed with it.
  • The drought would've been far lessened if we got 2 characters, especially Isaac. I think Sakurai would be aware of this.
  • The box would make much more sense if 2 newcomers were to be revealed in the Direct.

...still teamfake...but...
So you think Isaac was the character that used Earthquake, which supposedly was removed from the Direct?

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
That theory with Isaac being cut in that Nintendo Direct seems really plausible now with his placement in the Grinch Leak. Somebody call Papa and Billy!
Does it? Is it realistic to think that Nintendo couldn't revise the banner when they had a whole week? Are we sure the picture of Little Mac is real?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
To be clear Isabelle didn't replace Isaac. Isaac was just simply taken out. Saying this so future arguments don't get mixed up.
Yeah, assuming that the theory is real, I think the original transition was Isaac reveal > Box reveal > Isabelle reveal > AC reveal. After the Earthquake Isaac was just simply removed from that transition. Not sure why people use Isabelle as an argument for or against the theory because both trailers can co-exist.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
The cropping lines up exactly where the vine next to Isaac ends. This has to be something here.
1540760155616.jpg

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
this is even more of a bombshell realization since not only does it support Isaac getting in, but it supports Grinch leak because the cut implies that his placement on the banner is very similar, if not identical to the Grinch banner.

it's likelier now that if Isaac gets in, that's a confirm for Grinch leak, unless they changed his placement because of that and the cut.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
People on 4chan have brought up that the weird cut between Olimar and Little Mac that showed up after the Isabelle reveal is right where Isaac is in the banner. This may strengthen the "Isaac was supposed to be revealed in the September direct" theory.
I knew it.

I knew that earthquake confirmed Isaac.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Just wanted to show this off.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with tiers, but possibilities.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
With all the discussion about Isaac's placement I noticed a little detail that actually works really well with his placement.

You have Little Mac, Ike, and Lucario surrounding him all in a 'ready to fight' stance.

Perhaps it's a little theme of Brawler(Little Mac), Swordfighter(Ike), Mage(Isaac), and Rogue(Lucario).

This just makes so much sense to me and is an amazing touch if this is real.

Shroob

Sup?
Buckle up boys.

If the November 8th Direct date that seems to get tossed around a bunch is legit...

We got one more dead week... then we're free.

Polan

Smash Lord
that's a flaw in logic. people keep discrediting the Isaac theory because they immediately assume that Isabelle was intended to replace Isaac's reveal, and that is what makes them doubt it because of the animal crossing reveal implying that Isabelle was intended to be there from the start.

with this banner discrepancy, don't you think that its more likely Isaac was intended to be revealed with Isabelle? there's nothing saying that the Direct is only allowed one Smash reveal.
one banner discrepancy doesn't undo the fact that nintendo still announced a new AC at the direct. they also probably don't have that many characters left so multiple smash reveals during a general direct wasn't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom