• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Maybe Sakurai doesn't feel inspired to make a moveset for Waddle Dee. Maybe he has a bias against the character since HE created it to be a generic henchman.

Obviously now there's more to pull from...but is there enough to inspire Sakurai to change his opinion on the character? He has a spear and he could technically use Parasol but that seems to be it. Even Waddle Doo would perhaps be using the source material too liberally?

Just my thought process on the character from a neutral point of view.
bandanna dee and strawhat doo as ice climber semi-clones

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe Sakurai doesn't feel inspired to make a moveset for Waddle Dee. Maybe he has a bias against the character since HE created it to be a generic henchman.

Obviously now there's more to pull from...but is there enough to inspire Sakurai to change his opinion on the character? He has a spear and he could technically use Parasol but that seems to be it. Even Waddle Doo would perhaps be using the source material too liberally?

Just my thought process on the character from a neutral point of view.
K.Rool is in the game, so "he wouldn't be an interesting fighter" would be a weird reason to reject Dee.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
No, no, I don't mean it like that, I actually really want Isaac now that I've been playing GS. I just meant as in someone that kills the leak, and Isaac is the likeliest to return as an assist.
No worries. I knew you meant it as a joke so no hard feelings.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
What if both Incineroar AND Skull Kid were leak bait? And that’s why Loz18 was scared, he was trying not get his source in trouble, who had been given false information.
Or Loz18 realized he had been given false information, and grew scared about his credibility.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have been predicting Bandanna Dee since July, but the more I thought about Dee's status and roles in the Kirby series between Smash 4's project plan and Ultimate project plan, the more I doubt him. I have been back in circles, expecting the arguments against Dee I thought of months ago to be actual reasons for Dee's exclusion in the base game. As someone who has explored both sides of the Dee argument thoroughly, Dee is the only newcomer prediction I feel certain of being wrong about. Thinking about my decision back then between choosing Ashley and Dee, I am starting to think that was a mistake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, why are people now acting certain Incineroar isn't in?

What did I miss?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Literally what is going on?? People are talking in discussion and I want to see a brief summary of what happen!

Tell me!
French Company 2 removed their promotional video after a spike in attention it received. People are making a ton of guesses around why that may be.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
It was a 2 year old video that was done to showcase their offices, they've moved offices in 2017, there was really no reason to even have the video anymore.
I looked at their site. It was on their front page until recently. It wasn't something outdated and forgotten.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is why I disagree with a lot of the FE nonsense. I’ve started seeing people claim IKE is a Marth clone. They share a counter and that’s it. IMO the only true clones are Lucina and Chrom, and they can just be toggled off. Roy’s pretty different at this point even if he did start as a true Marth clone.
> Chrom is a Marth clone
> Roy isn't
> Chrom literally takes all of Roy's moves but replaces the up special with a decidedly not-Marth move

Literally how?

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
K.Rool is in the game, so "he wouldn't be an interesting fighter" would be a weird reason to reject Dee.
Lol come on. Stop being a salty boi.

K. Rool has more to pull from than Bandana Dee from their respective source materials. That goes without saying...

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Katsuhiro Harada has said on Twitter that during the development of Tekken 7, he set up various fake leaks and gave them out to people so that he could follow the information's route and keep the real info secure. It's possible that Bandai Namco set up Incineroar as one of these leak bait characters.
Ah I see.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Two years ago
Hmmm, then there could have been a number of reasons they would have taken the video down. If this video was uploaded right before the leak surfaced, then that would have made things definite. However, it could be something as simple as them updating information. Are we sure the video was just removed? Is that same message there if they make the video private?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A video about ACP was taken down.
That's it, that's the kind of info we have to scrape the barrel for now.
We have more than enough material to give the banner credibility, as well as insider's stance against it to doubt it. No need to scrape the bottom of the barrel, we just don't have anything much new to talk about.

I think... this most likely means nothing. The timing's coincidental, but explainable.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I gotta ask regarding Gamexplain. Is anyone here a patron? They usually release their podcasts around Friday and then to the rest of the public on Monday. Did they dodge the Grinch leak in their Real Talk podcast this week?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Azura would be great, purely because I get to see Smash fandom nuking itself over a second Fates character.
I would have picked her for the Fates rep honestly, lancer user would have been nice and her voice is much better than the Corrins'. Plus her Final Smash would be her singing everybody to death and that'd be worth the price of admission alone.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Nono!!! Don't get me wrong. I was counting the ****ing stars with what we have already. I just can't believe that this leak has a possibility of happening
Yea sorry I didn't mean to say you, I know that's not you from seeing you post for months now. I was just using it as an example.

Im more worried about the people who just joined speculation because of the leak who are now more excited about the game because of the leak. Hey if it's real then great! We're all very hype. But I'm really worried about the backlash if it isn't real.

Anyway sorry to rope you in!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Azura would be great, purely because I get to see Smash fandom nuking itself over a second Fates character.
A second Fates character? We don't even have a first Fates character though

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Hmmm, then there could have been a number of reasons they would have taken the video down. If this video was uploaded right before the leak surfaced, then that would have made things definite. However, it could be something as simple as them updating information. Are we sure the video was just removed? Is that same message there if they make the video private?
it its defiantly gone, it says the video is private if they make it that way

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If I were Nintendo, I'd release 1 newcomer a week until launch at this point. The pressure is too high at this point.

D

Deleted member

As someone who dislikes Bandana Dee, i actually feel like he deserves to be in Smash.

While he isn’t my kind of character, he has proved to be one of the four most important characters in the Kirby games, and he would complete for me the list of Kirby reps that deserve to join Smash (alongside Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would have picked her for the Fates rep honestly, lancer user would have been nice and her voice is much better than the Corrins'. Plus her Final Smash would be her singing everybody to death and that'd be worth the price of admission alone.
Sadly, I don't think she'd get in anyway, since the franchise has gotten so big that they'll mostly just focus on the main characters. Lucina and Chrom got lucky to get in as Echoes as it is.

Also, she's lovely, but that's besides the point.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I will point out that gamexplain thought the esrb leak was fake too, they dont have the best rack record of talking about leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom