• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sakurai is a far better game designer than a lot of people like to give him credit for. Especially Melee fanboys. The development of Icons should be proof enough of just how much people underestimate Sakurai's talent when it comes to game design.

I'm legit of the opinion that once this is all said and done, regardless of the outcome, we should all organize ourselves to send Sakurai a thank you letter (or a bunch of them). Because goddamn does the guy deserve that after years of his hard work and dedication for all of us.
A Build Fighters-esque collage? I like that idea. Pity I can't contribute anything concrete though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Remember this image?

I think I can verify that it was stock preprint waistband.

Here's a proof.
It looks too glossy to be a wristband, imo... You can see a glare on the side of the of the banner
Last I checked, paper doesn't do that
gloss.png

I'm like 80% sure it's one of those wraparound tube things you see at stores like Gamestop

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I see. Just one thing: What do people think they are up to that makes it all suspicious?
Their approach to this. It's been very dismissive. It's 'this is fake, ignore it, etc.' Derrick said the Banjo render was the Smashified render while immediately saying the pose was different in the video he made. They're not taking a neutral approach. In other videos, they've suggested Isaac and Shadow are playable as well, including Shadow having a Rocket Launcher and Chaos Control.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People now just realizing that GameExplain usually hide correct information that you can't pass as Lucky guess in their "prediction" and that most of the time the reasons for this is the same as "I Can't really say why yet" or "just a hunch"

Basically that they indeed do have insiders information especially with how ridiculously accurate they are
Sorry what’s this Gamexplain controversy? I’m hearing this with no context.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Good thread
Isn’t Jonneh dead set on the leak being fake though? Why leave that out?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Their approach to this. It's been very dismissive. It's 'this is fake, ignore it, etc.' Derrick said the Banjo render was the Smashified render while immediately saying the pose was different in the video he made. They're not taking a neutral approach. In other videos, they've suggested Isaac and Shadow are playable as well, including Shadow having a Rocket Launcher and Chaos Control.
I get it. Thanks.

NineS

Smash Lord
So I decided to be the first one to draw fanart of the Smashboards Anime (Noipoi's poster is official material, don't @ me)

@Zinith and @Noipoi embark on a rescue mission to save Incineroar from the grasps of the evil Chadnondorf but they get a little lost. Will they succeed? I dunno.
Time to digitize this with Illustrator.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
(1) Never said Isabelle was definitely an Echo. He just said it would make more sense if she was.

(2) He asked Loz18 in a PM if he heard someone say something similar to that. Never came out in public and said, "No DK reps."

(3) Gematsu was fake then. It forgot Rosalina.
None of these arguments have any relevance to what I'm saying.

-Verge has been wrong about non-Smash content on a regular basis.

-The only things unique to him, as far as I understand it, are Isabelle and Ken. He got Simon from ___Stealth, insiders had made rumblings about Ridley long before he did, as far as I'm aware someone else that had posted on reddit said Snake was in, etc. I'm willing to argue that if he's wrong about Incineroar that he was legitimately just very lucky in choosing the right people to piggyback off of.

-The Gematsu comparison doesn't work. There were numerous characters solely unique to that leak that no one else had ever brought up.

You can't exclusively look at his track record in a vacuum and ignore that he's bungled SC6 and DBZF. I'm sure he has some legit sources since he's able to not step in mud with the sheer frequency people like Liam do, but this bizarre comparison to Gematsu is ridiculous and the idea that he's infallible is a low form of e-celeb worship.

Keep in mind I think this leak is fake. I just don't think "vergeben is confident in incineroar" is a good argument (because it objectively isn't)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I decided to be the first one to draw fanart of the Smashboards Anime (Noipoi's poster is official material, don't @ me)

@Zinith and @Noipoi embark on a rescue mission to save Incineroar from the grasps of the evil Chadnondorf but they get a little lost. Will they succeed? I dunno.
Sweet. I wonder when I get to be in Smashboards Anime artwork lol.

Would prob be me watching Team Real and Team Fake fight on the sidelines and shrugging my shoulders lol.

Last edited:

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
I'm on TeamReal, and I want Incineroar in.

God, I just love how people are quick to target the Incineroar fans over things regarding others lately.
Yeah, it's really unfortunate, and this is someone who's apart of #TeamReal. Even though I want the Grinch Leak to be true, I'll be disappointed that we may not get Incineroar along with the others. Y'all definitely deserve to have your character in, especially after all this stuff lol.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Cause just posting a twitter thread and going "es gud" doesn't offer much, as it, just like the rest of the Grinch leak, can be interpretted as evidence it's real or fake
You know you can click on it go see for yourself right? I don't see why I should spoon feed information when the information is right there.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sorry what’s this Gamexplain controversy? I’m hearing this with no context.
GameExplain get things right in their prediction video that you can't pass as Lucky guess.

Guessed the FF port down to the numbers, Kirby port, Ridley before Ultimate, Isabelle, Captain Toad port etc etc...

People are complaining that they're not discussing the leak professionally like usual except saying that it's fake.

But just now they see that they seems to have some scarily accurate insiders info

D

Deleted member

My point is that, neither side should act like they're above the other when it comes to stakes set in characters.
Literally none of us are complaining about the "crappy roster" just because it doesn't seem to have Incineroar in it.
Are we expressing disappointment/despair over the idea that we won't get him? Perhaps.
But we're not hating on the leak over it.

So why bother dragging us into your "point" to begin with?

I mean hell, not everyone on TeamReal is against Incineroar and not everyone on TeamFake is for Incineroar or even actively against the Grinch Leak's roster itself (they just don't think it's real).
So what business do you even have with specifically targeting the Incineroar fanbase?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thought the fighting here was getting bad.

Checked GameFAQs again. As usual, they're being infinity times worse. I went to a few of the threads where people debated whether this was real or fake, and I think they legit gave me a disease.

.....Why can't I stop posting on GameFAQs?
Just get IP banned like I did and don't worry about posting there ever again.

I'm still mad about that. It was an error in their own site.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
honestly though, whether thats a wristband or a hanging decoration isnt the main point that multiple of them were made? why waste time arguing over something so small
The idea being posited by that reddit thread is that the bracelets are being mass produced and sealed in plastic, as a final design ready to ship, and this gives credence to the leak's validity.

I don't believe that to be the case, given that I think the "bracelet" is a not-to-scale mockup of the design that wraps around the circular hanging display. In this case, the additional strips might be alternative versions, but importantly, they're not-to-scale.

If you want to get right down to it, the argument is really that it's easier to fake a mockup design on an 8.5x11 piece of photo paper than it is to fake an actual, full sized final cardboard display.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Almost asking for an update about the leak, but seems that nothing changed in the last 24 hours, am I right?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know you can click on it go see for yourself right? I don't see why I should spoon feed information when the information is right there.
This thread moves fast as ****, it's easier to have someone explain it or click on a link which you don't know the length, and it's a fairly lengthy twitter thread, and miss out what others are saying

Chrollo.

fka president wario
GameExplain get things right in their prediction video that you can't pass as Lucky guess.

Guessed the FF port down to the numbers, Kirby port, Ridley before Ultimate, Isabelle, Captain Toad port etc etc...

People are complaining that they're not discussing the leak professionally like usual except saying that it's fake.

But just now they see that they seems to have some scarily accurate insiders info
Maybe they are avoiding the leak because its real, but the twitter users using Jonnehs “predictions” as evidence yet conveniently leaving out how he’s dead set on the leak being fake just seems like manipulation tbh

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

It could be very well be lucky guesses

But I’ll eat my shoe if that’s the case.
To be honest, insider info isn’t all that cool. Especially passing it off as your own.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
This is only vaguely related, but hasn't the Eternal Darkness IP been renewed continuously despite it going unused for ages?
Even Rayman's trademark was renewed twice in the same year.

Trademarks are weird and nobody seems to understand them

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Good thread
This guy is simultaneously positing that GameExplain could be ignoring the leak because they know it's fake and that they could be ignoring the leak because they know it's real.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I got this fantastic print of King K. Rool at LA Comic Con this weekend! The artist is PixelatedTakkun if anyone wants to check him out. I can't wait to main the kremling king soon!

image1.jpeg

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is only vaguely related, but hasn't the Eternal Darkness IP been renewed continuously despite it going unused for ages?
The moment Nintendo makes an Eternal Darkness sequel or a remake of the original. Just does anything with that IP is the moment I run naked through the streets in celebration and pledge myself to the Dark Lord Cthulhu.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
You just said it yourself, you are assuming people photoshopped it. And to assume it's shopped is to also assume it was leaked through a legit name, company, LinkedIn profile, movie produces, actual autocad code, and more.

You see how it being fake makes it that much more complicated? I'm not making this up
Let's say the image is real. This means someone -- or a group -- had to design it, get the greenlit from whatever company they work with (in this case Nintendo, etc), have it sent to an advertisement manufacturer (which requires autocad and all of that), then the new ads are most likely put in Nintendo's possession so they distribute it (most likely for kiosks for stores, conferences, etc), which requires putting on trucks and that requires a director of some sort, and so on.

The process to bring something real to life is arguably more complicated or at least just as complicated as faking the image (which requires the process you mentioned). That is just one of like a billion ways you can look at it.

I believe the leak is real, I didn't even want to talk about Occam's Razor in the first place (this got started by me asking if we could not talk about it), and I'm sure you are right yourself in another 1 of the billion ways you can look at it.

My point is bringing up Occam's Razor in a Smash leak discussion when a simple outcome hasn't been found -- because I really don't think it has since we have hundreds of pages of arguments making both sides look like either a simple or complicated process -- is an extremely weak argument that just promotes less discussion on a site (or more specifically a thread) that is promoting discussion. It is also being used as just a quick "I'm right" card to be played. Honestly, I'm just going to leave it at that.

Polan

Smash Lord
Good thread
lol you could twist this argument around to argue the opposite: GX could be ignoring the leak because their sources at nintendo have already told them "its fake" and they probably don't want to help it spread and inflate expectations

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
If I was to hazard a guess (and this is again, just speculation), he was making a mockup for a prototype, he printed off a couple incase something goes wrong while making it. It looks like what people consider "bracelet #2" is an example of something going wrong because it looks like he cut it out improperly.
Can't really explain why it's in plastic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom