• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That's my problem.

I'm not sure that this isn't just all 4-Chan. EVERYTHING about this. Almost every major step has come from them.

They could have orchestraed the whole thing. The leak, who to frame, etc.

They're insane that way.
Exactly. Due to the way the Site works it could have been 1 person or a group of friends that posted all the developments and nobody on the outside would be any the wiser.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
There is exactly one Smash Direct left.

Most Directs reveal exactly one (non-echo) character. A couple of them have done exactly two, no other exceptions.

Sakurai has been very consistent in his messaging of how many characters, stages, items, ATs, and Pokemon to expect.
I agree there is only one smash direct left. But there are rumors of a second Nintendo Direct in November as well. And there is no precedent for a game of this magnitude, they could do whatever the hell they want to end this thing with a bang.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So as of now, the big points Team Fake (again...I'm on this team...) has is the background's tiny oddities and the insiders denying it to be real.

Team Real has the context surrounding the leak and the sheer effort devoted to it as well as incredibly miniscule things matching up flawlessly.

I think, fellas, that I'm gonna try and dip out of this thread until some actual news comes. Just because I've been pretty hooked on it as we've gone over this thread and I need to get my mind off of the time passing if that makes sense.

Good luck gang.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice

Sorry, I'm still impressed with The Chorus Kids, even with all the blurriness they are precious and they have that unique pose.
My inner Rhythm Heaven fan says this is real, but my other me says this is fake.
I'm dying to see the original image, just to overanalyze the art :laugh:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Even though it's not impossible for them to mock up the banner before major production begins, that doesn't really sound like something that would happen. I'm just trying to think of ways for this to make sense.
Hmmm what if the banner was created with all planned characters first, and then during production, after the planning phase, they decided they should also squeeze in a Pokemon because of Sun/Moon and because duh, it's their cash cow. This would suggest the banner is the originally complete one that it is now outdated. I am definitely of the belief that the first version of the banner Nintendo themselves created is the complete one, and that they subtracted characters from there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The real reason Incineroar isn't in.

View attachment 172560

All this time, those dozens of "leaks" months were trying to warn us of what's to come.

All will be revealed come November 3rd.....

Gengar Day.

"But where is Gengar on the banner?"
...who's to say he isn't literally hiding in the shadows....? :troll:
i would love gengar: he’s amazing in pokken

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Sorry, I'm still impressed with The Chorus Kids, even with all the blurriness they are precious and they have that unique pose.
My inner Rhythm Heaven fan says this is real, but my other me says this is fake.
Wait the clear version is someone's interpretation of what they'd be doing?

Last edited:

Chrono.

That's my problem.

I'm not sure that this isn't just all 4-Chan. EVERYTHING about this. Almost every major step has come from them.

They could have orchestraed the whole thing. The leak, who to frame, etc.

They're insane that way.
You should look up 4chan vs Shia LeBeouf.

**** was crazy.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 172560

All this time, those dozens of "leaks" months were trying to warn us of what's to come.

Gengar Day.

...whose to say he isn't literally hiding in the shadows....? :troll:
I guess you could say Gengar all along was slow dancing. ...in the DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK.

Screenshot (1062).png

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
On the "if" side of things with this leak being real, I wouldn't be amongst the smugposts going around.

We'd know whose right. We'd also know whose wrong. The game is still coming out at the end of the year. We'll all play it. There's somebody in this game for just about everyone. No point in going up to someone/a group being all like "HA!!" or more reserved "I told you so."

Hype responsibly. Another thing to note is that lots of Grinch stuff is coming up at the same time as Smash? But the internet has been known to follow algorithms when things are searched up in tangent with one another. Before this "Grinch" leak came about, the top result would be trailers for the new movie. But the top result for me? IntroSpecktive's Grinch video for the leaks. Thus why more coincidences popping up too.

I'm still leaning towards a gut feeling that it's real. But despite what we've been given before (EVERYONE IS HERE!), my expectations are being tempered consistently by just how many damn insiders are naysaying or countering every little thing. Alas. This is gonna be the longest wait possible until either the leaker comes out and fesses up, or an actual leak video comes our via ESRB style. Or, heaven forbid, Nintendo/Sakurai finally break their silence and re-hype the game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So as of now, the big points Team Fake (again...I'm on this team...) has is the background's tiny oddities and the insiders denying it to be real.

Team Real has the context surrounding the leak and the sheer effort devoted to it as well as incredibly miniscule things matching up flawlessly.

I think, fellas, that I'm gonna try and dip out of this thread until some actual news comes. Just because I've been pretty hooked on it as we've gone over this thread and I need to get my mind off of the time passing if that makes sense.

Good luck gang.
I'm gonna miss ya!

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Wait the clear version is someone's interpretation of what they'd be doing?
Yes. Although it makes no sense with the interpretation since the Conductor is likely getting his tie pulled by one of the kids.

Also if i may add, this leak at this point can go three ways
1. It's fake by some heavy smoking gun
2. It's fake with the leaker coming out
3. It's real thanks to a direct.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Find me in the Nintenzone Social Thread Noi my boy! Also just shoot me a PM so we can talk about anything that comes to mind!
Will only be 2 weeks lads. 2 weeks free of Geno/Paper Mario posting from yours truly. A blessing in disguise really
They won't be spared from Geno posting.

That's my job now.

cothero

Smash Lord

View attachment 172560

All this time, those dozens of "leaks" months back were trying to warn us of what's to come.

Gengar Day.

Oh man, i freaking love Gengar. I would go nuts if he get in.

Tinarg

Smash Cadet
How do you guys think the movesets of these newcomers will work? Chorus Kids and Mach Rider in particular are kinda hard to visualize.

I imagine Chorus Kids might be halfway between Ice Climbers and Olimar, in that you play as the conductor and gesture with your baton to make the kids attack. Having one KO'd would keep them out until respawn and things like recovery would diminish in power proportional to the amount of kids you have left.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel like it makes sense if we don't assume this "leaked" banner is final. Obviously there's something in there causing insiders to doubt it. If it's all Incineroar, then perhaps he'll be a late addition (I don't think there's any reason to assume they just forgot a Pokemon and wanted to add it later--I mean, later than this banner) or DLC. What does make my eyebrow raise is SpawnWave saying it's a character outside of Incineroar causing him to think, if real, it's not final. Not to mention Mystic claiming the possibility of 7 characters, but 3 of them echoes (I find it hard to believe Mach Rider's an echo, but so is everything else) or just 3, in addition to a unique reveal with two characters (whether it's two unique characters, or 1 unique 1 echo, is left ambiguous). I'm not taking the last one too seriously, because I don't quite know their track record and backtracking is always a bad sign, though transparency is appreciated.

I feel like for any type of consistency, one or more of these rumors/leaks has to be wrong.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Although it makes no sense with the interpretation since the Conductor is likely getting his tie pulled by one of the kids.

Also if i may add, this leak at this point can go three ways
1. It's fake by some heavy smoking gun
2. It's fake with the leaker coming out
3. It's real thanks to a direct.
I don't know exactly how The Conductor looks facing front sorry.
There isn't any render of him facing to the camera at all.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, this thread is getting a bit much for me. The rabbit hole goes deeper than I would like and I can't get too bogged down in this, I just started a new job and my first day was literally day 1 of Grinch Gate so I was very distracted at the office.

I've got grad school classes to attend, assignments to do, city volunteer stuff to... volunteer for, video games to play, and life to live.

I think I will duck out for now until the next Direct or Eric reveals his true form.

The last thing I will tell people is "hype responsibly," but I'm very afraid for what the reaction will be if this is fake. I think it is still real but I am feeling more unsure as time goes on. It's a very weird leak with no smoking gun but little chinks the armor here and there. Either way, this leaker basically dropped a bomb on the last phase of Smash speculation and more or less ruined the last reveals, fake or not.

In December, I get a Smash with all veterans and the two characters I've wanted since Brawl. That's the only Christmas gift the Grinch needs to bring me. :ultkrool::ultridley:

Good luck.

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Leak - A bit of information that was released early and then later proven correct.
Rumour - Something with questionable authenticity.
Fake - Something not true.

So... i'm done reading everything i could find on the Banner leak and i just wanted to thank all the detectives working their eyes off to analyze this, a really impressive display of leak busting 101. Special shoutouts to TheCJBrine, Akiak, Artsy Omni, vaanrose & Iko MattOrr for sharing their skills and knowledge of graphic design, this is greatly appreciated.

Oh and btw i didn't choose a 'team' can't tell if it's real or not, i'm no expert at leak busting so i'll just wait for the truth to come out (of course i want it to be real, it would be an in-sane final roster, especially with Geno in it).

Alright! It's finally done!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

And now, without further ado, I give you...

drumroll...

THE SMASHBOARDS ANIME POSTER!!!
(it looks nothing like actual anime but I tried my best okay?).

The users in this image are Yours truly, Luigi The President Luigi The President , @Zinith , @ToasterBrains , Opossum Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , @Smashing Ramen , @Idon , @TotsBS , @Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , @papagenos , and @Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm also gonna take a break. Mostly cause I think we reached the point of wheel spinning and such. I'll probably keep an eye on things from time to time.

I'll be on NintenZone as per usual.

D

Deleted member

Leak - A bit of information that was released early and then later proven correct.
So tell us once and for all Mr. Serebii....

....Gengar is in Smash, huh? :troll:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
A randomly incomplete version of the banner at a print-shop in France is even more dubious than the complete version of the banner at a print-shop in France.

But again, all of the circumstances surrounding the leak's existence as well as the details of the art composition are superseded by the higher-order evidence that we have been directly told multiple times by the director of the game that we will not be getting this number of new characters.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If this is in reply to my post, I made sure to distinguish between "leak" and rumor. I kept going back to your Twitter post for that exact reason (because I was getting nasty habits from posting in here). :awesome:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rumours - A Fleetwood Mac album released in Feburary of 1977 to critical acclaim and has maintained a lasting legacy.

Not to be confused with:

Rumors - A slightly catchy pop jam by Lindsay Lohan that would later be revealed to be a cry for help.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
At this point I leaning towards Team Fake since the background discrepancies are too damning but feel like Shadow, Isaac, Geno, and Banjo all have a good shot regardless so I just don't care that much anymore (never liked Mach Rider or the Chorus Kids sorry).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know you get this all the time but your website is so useful I just wanna personally thank you for making it

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Can you quit with this language policing? It really adds absolutely nothing to the conversation to argue against the colloquial usage of a word with "but that's not the technical definition". We all know it's authenticity is being questioned, it's just shorter to say "leak" than "alleged leak" and "rumor" clearly has different connotations.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Theory - All of the above, according to Smash fans. :p

LetterO

Smash Lord

Why do people always circle the top left thing as part of Chorus Kids? You all know that's Ness's Yo-Yo, right? Regardless, I'll be super hype for these guys if the leak is true.

Last edited:

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 172560

All this time, those dozens of "leaks" months back were trying to warn us of what's to come.

Gengar Day.

Don't toy with my emotions like this he's one of my three most wanted characters for Smash!

Last edited:

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
A randomly incomplete version of the banner at a print-shop in France is even more dubious than the complete version of the banner at a print-shop in France.

But again, all of the circumstances surrounding the leak's existence as well as the details of the art composition are superseded by the higher-order evidence that we have been directly told multiple times by the director of the game that we will not be getting this number of new characters.
We weren't directly told anything. That's objective fact. He simply referred to a relative amount of characters. If this leak is true, there are still less newcomers than any other smash game save Melee (if you count echoes). YOU are making an inference that may or may not be true, and doesn't actually discredit any of the evidence in the leak's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom