• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright I just woke up for a sec', what happened here? Is The Grinch Leak more or less alive? Or did I miss something huge?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
Just gonna throw my hat in the ring:
I hate Incineroar’s design, and I have ever since it got leaked in the first place. I genuinely think it’s one of the ugliest Pokémon in recent memory, and an extremely disappointing place for Litten to end up in, considering I like both it and Torracat. I also don’t want it in Smash because it feels like a random choice; Incineroar is not iconic like the Gen 1 Pokémon or all that heavily marketed like Lucario and Greninja. Even among the Pokémon it would feel out of place imo

That said, I’ll try my best to be happy for fans of Incineroar when it gets revealed. Plenty of people didn’t like it when Isabelle was announced, so I know how it feels when people kick and tear at the character you were most excited for.
Yeah, I don't go that far. I don't hate him for Pokémon. He's fine, even though I think Litten is better. I just think it's a very unimaginative and uninspired choice for Smash, a fighting* game.

*DON'T EVEN START OKAY, YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I bet you the people on team fake put the milk in the bowl before the cereal.
And the people on team real probably consider a hot dog to be a sandwich
Look man, if it's a food item that has its contents contained in bread, then its a sandwich.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Damm Etika wasn't faking he actually had a mental breakdown and is in a mental hospital now.

I feel so bad for him his whole channel and source of income are now gone out of the window and now we probably won't see his reactions of the final characters.
I thought he had had a mental breakdown.

Some might think "over not being allowed to say the N word on Twitter?" And I say, "Yes." it was probably building for some time, and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hope Etika gets back on his feet.
We just want to save everyone from a crushing disappointment.
I can handle a little disappointment, thanks.

I don't need "saving".

D

Deleted member

Let people like who they like. Simple as that. There really isn't a need to insult others over character preference.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Nice text. Welcome to CrazyBoards.
Welcome to the discussion! Posting a bunch of immediate assumptions about things is pretty much how Smash speculation goes. And you're certainly right that this is a different situation than the ESRB leak. A lot of people also are looking to be definitively on team "real" or "fake" when it's perfectly fine to be on the fence, because no one really knows anything for sure anyways.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

As a group this fórum can do a lot more when it is not trying to win.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Are the two pics of the same leaked banner?
Yes, but that's not quite what he's getting at.

I apologize if I sound condescending, I just wanna walk this through in detail to make sure I cover all the bases.

A big point of contention with some people - especially ArtsyOmni - is that the image of the empty background in the Grinch Leak doesn't match an actual official image of the empty background we saw at E3. Many people on Team Fake use this as evidence against the leak. Some people on Team Real have argued that the discrepancies are caused due to the photo we've seen of the leak being very low quality since it's a screencap of a video on Snapchat. An important detail here is that we have two photos: One photo has the empty background, and the other photo has all the characters in front of the background.

If the discrepancies in the image were caused by low picture quality, then we wouldn't see the exact same discrepancies between those two photos. However, the same discrepancies between the two photos are identical, meaning they cannot be caused by poor image quality. They have to be part of the actual background image in the leak.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
This still seems so...out there.
Well, it's not like Nintendo has any direct connection to The Grinch movie. It just happened to be having promotional material printed wherever the Smash leak took place. Any further Grinch material loosely related is just funny to see. It shouldn't really mean anything.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yes, but that's not quite what he's getting at.

I apologize if I sound condescending, I just wanna walk this through in detail to make sure I cover all the bases.

A big point of contention with some people - especially ArtsyOmni - is that the image of the empty background in the Grinch Leak doesn't match an actual official image of the empty background we saw at E3. Many people on Team Fake use this as evidence against the leak. Some people on Team Real have argued that the discrepancies are caused due to the photo we've seen of the leak being very low quality since it's a screencap of a video on Snapchat. An important detail here is that we have two photos: One photo has the empty background, and the other photo has all the characters in front of the background.

If the discrepancies in the image were caused by low picture quality, then we wouldn't see the exact same discrepancies between those two photos. However, the same discrepancies between the two photos are identical, meaning they cannot be caused by poor image quality. They have to be part of the actual background image in the leak.
No I need condescending genuinely lol I'm not bright enough to get the more technical picture parts

I think I'm grasping it. I'm gonna classify this as a point for team fake then.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Is it his design? He isn't particularly bad looking. He looks fine.
I really disagree with this. He looks godawful, and it's mostly the hands. Those damn tiny palms with humongous sausage fingers have some uncanny valley **** going on with them. They look like they were made by your average 10 year old. Not to mention his tiny legs makes him look like those dudebros everyone loves to make fun for skipping leg day.

**** like the Trubbish and Vanillite lines may look lame, but they don't come close to the sheer uncomfortable feeling I get when looking at those bloody malformed hands from hell. They look extremely amateurish and awkward.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Damm Etika wasn't faking he actually had a mental breakdown and is in a mental hospital now.

I feel so bad for him his whole channel and source of income are now gone out of the window and now we probably won't see his reactions of the final characters.
I think Etika's large enough to get his channel and twitter back, especially given his mental state when he made the decisions that led to their termination.

If not, I'm fairly confident he could start up different handles and grow back to his previous size in a relatively short period of time.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No I need condescending genuinely lol I'm not bright enough to get the more technical picture parts

I think I'm grasping it. I'm gonna classify this as a point for team fake then.
Can be a point for both.

Either Fake and leaker Genuinely had to redo the background with a paintover.
Either real and there is tons of modifications for no real Apparent reasons.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oof I really need to take a break from this thread, but yet I keep coming back to it. Trying to look away from it is like trying to look away from a train wreck.

It's especially rough being on "team fake" right now because because of the constant "photoshopped Little Mac" posts, as if I'm some hater who wants the leak to be fake and is grasping at straws to prove it. I think that roster would be awesome and have no personal vendetta against any characters in it, nor do I have any particular wants that I'm over attached to that are missing form the leak. I know most people on "team real" aren't actually like that and I'm not going to throw out any particular accusations, but there's still enough of them who are that it's just exhausting for me to be here.

I'm going to try to stop posting here for a little bit to try and cool off, but first I want to say that I still think the Smash community can still be great at times. I would have left the community behind a long time ago if I didn't actually like it. Just remember that once Ultimate actually releases, it won't matter who was right or who was wrong.

I don't give myself an hour. I'll probably be back real fast.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Can be a point for both.

Either Fake and leaker Genuinely had to redo the background with a paintover.
Either real and there is tons of modifications for no real Apparent reasons.
To be fair, we already have changes for no reason (ie Squirtle's, Snake's shadows among official versions)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, nobody can't tell for sure about the Grinch as always.

Time for me to sleep again.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
In genral I was never REALLY into pokemon. I was always more a Mario kid because I just found Pokemon boring. Like, my cousins and little brother ate it all up, but when I played Pokemon Yellow at age 5/6 my first thought was "why is there so much reading???", as opposed to Mario, where I could just pop in Mario Land 2 (aka the best 2D Mario) and have a blast right away. The anime didnt help either, since back then I thought the show was too choppy/poorly animated for my liking. There were a couple years where I got pretty interested in it, I played Soul Silver and X all the way through and enjoyed them quite a bit, but after that I kinda stopped caring again. So, they could put in literally any of the gen 7 pokemon and I wouldnt flinch. I like Inceneroar a teeny bit more than Decidueye, but dont partucularly want either. Though, I kinda want Buzzswile, since hes a mosquito with a 6 pack, and my 300 iq brain determines that to be funny.

Tldr I guess im Team 50/50 for spicy garfield.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
So I just completed Rondo of Blood at 100%, and I've got to say, I can say that in terms of a "Classic" Castlevania game, I do prefer it over Super Castlevania IV.

The music is much, much more engaging, the ability to play as two characters (Richter and Maria) is really cool, and the game's difficulty feels just right in RoB, where it felt a bit unbalanced in SCIV. I do feel that Simon's control of the Vampire Killer is better though; I much preferred being able to whip in all 8 directions, and using it as a grappling hook is an excellent idea, plus I greatly missed being able to do this in RoB:

tumblr_np847m9yte1sorarco1_540.gif

Even though I prefer RoB now, I did still enjoy my time with SCIV when I played it nearly two months ago, and both are really solid games. If you guys have the chance to play either or both of these games, give them a shot; you might find that you'll enjoy them as well. I'm going to be starting Symphony of the Night next, and that should be a treat from everything I've heard.

Playing through both RoB and SCIV have given me a huge appreciation for what both Simon and Richter can do in Smash, so I'm really looking forward to checking them both out when Ultimate releases!

To keep it Smash-related, there is one song I heard in particular while playing RoB today that I wish was making it into Ultimate, as it really impressed me: Opus 13. Such a groovy song, I could really see myself battling to this track while at Dracula's Castle. I'd gladly take it in its original form, but I think a slightly harder take on it could work as well. Definitely one I'd want if additional DLC songs are a thing.

Of course, I am still keeping an eye on all the discussion surrounding the leak-talk, it's just really tough to do as this page moves at breakneck speed for me. Still reserving judgment for official confirmation, as I'm still 50/50 at this time (tempering my expectations helps to keep me calm and level-headed), but it is quite interesting how things have developed over the past 48 hours or so. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get our direct announcement sometime next week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom