• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
This is my constant reaction to all the fighting (like everywhere in regards to this discussion) now, since it's gotten pretty repeitive

View attachment 172466
Relatable.

Here's my face when I see the fighting:

I'm not a very expressive person...
Thanks for the warm welcome!

As a group this fórum can do a lot more when it is not trying to win.
An ex-guest, huh?
Am I weird to the guests? Were you one of the few around during my 2B support call-outs and the time I regretfully posted an image of that terrible Steve model?

By the way, as a mandatory rite of passage for everyone entering Smash boards, who is your most wanted and which "that _____ guy" title will you take? The Yoshi guy is already taken. So is Emil guy.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So as a member of team 50-50 I think from everything i've seen so far, has given me this possible idea.

I think part of the Grinch Leak is true, but it's not because of it existing, but more some of it's characters are in, and alongside Ken and Inceniroar, judging from all the reports, what we know of people who dug into the leak. Stuff we've heard from insiders. This is the conclusion I have personally reached.

If i'm wrong, so be it. I'm pretty neutral on everyone in both the Grinch and Box stuff, besides Shadow, Ken & Isaac. If they're in great, if not. I won't lose any sleep over it. We have such a great roster already and, quite a number of my favorites as is.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hello, everyone.
I am sorry for interrupt the conversation. You all probably dont know who I am since I have been a guest that has been looking at this topic as a guest. I have been here since this thread was started to see people like Zinith become the unofficial pet with his love of Boshi. I have seen the low and ups , stuff like when the topic was separated into the general discussion thread and the leaks thread. The reason I decided to make an account was just to share a few opinions. I hope no one minds my interruption and I apologize in advance if it does.

I wanted to say that I dont think it is fair to compare this to the ESRB leak. It is a different situation, in that one we had many images that showed stuff in the game and we even got a video of gameplay. I think that saying the two are the same basically ignore what makes the grinch leak and the ESRB leak special. The grinch leak has stuff proving to be related to someone that works on the graphics design field, an amazing possibility and an empty background. The moment you treat the two as the same is the momento people start bringing up irrelevant points like "this is like the Little Mac situation". I humbly request the people of this thread to try to separate the two. Dont compare them, measure them on their own merits.

The second thing, I want to bring up is that I understand that people usually have a mentality of either or. I know that people want to see the info of insiders and Verge about Incineroar as a threat to the leak but it isnt. There is a chance that both can be true since this isnt necessarily the whole roster. Just as posible, they could both be fake. Verge didnt have the whole roster, but it doesnt mean that the information he gave was wrong. Just because there is information that can be contradictory, it doesnt necessarily mean that it is contradictory. I think the positions of people like Vaanrose and Zinith are the most healthy ones. Dont try to prove that a leak is right or wrong. Analyze everything, be curious, share your knowledge and let people come to their own conclusions. The truth will eventually arise (sooner rather than later in this case).

Finally, I want to recommend people to consider what they share. There has been a lot of misinformation spread especilly today when people lied about the words of Serebii and Vergeben, or when people brought up points that have aready been proved fake like the gem situation with Megaman. What is worse is that fake stuff and real stuff is constantly posted ad nauseum. I believe it would help the thread if it didnt have to constantly stop to repeat what is being said especially when it happens with the next page.

Anyway, I apologize once again for interrupting the discussion. I have read many times how people here are curious about what guests have to say so here is a ex-guest sharing his thought.
Welcome, and I appreciate the shoutout. Yes that mindset is a good one to hold.

Man it's such a weird feeling to have someone's first post mention me :yoshi:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
9 pokemon isn't enough apparently lmfao
I'll never understand this stance, really. People give series like Pokémon and Fire Emblem this all the time and pretend like the fans of that series all like the same thing. In a massive series with a massive amount of characters, not everyone is gonna like the same ones. Why should they "be grateful" if they personally don't like the current available choices?

I'm fortunate as a Pokémon fan and a Smash fan. I really like Mewtwo, Ivysaur, Lucario, and Greninja, and have a soft spot for Pikachu from a nostalgic perspective. Even then, I could personally do without Pichu, Squirtle, and Jigglypuff, and dislike Charizard. There are also other Pokémon I'd like to see, like (chances be damned) Chandelure, Klefki, and an Alola Pokémon in general (with Decidueye being my preference).

As a Fire Emblem fan and a Smash fan, I'm also fairly well off. I got my favorite character, Chrom, and my fifth favorite character, Marth. Beyond that, I like Lucina but she's not among my favorites, I have no feelings one way or the other regarding Ike, Roy, or Robin, and I greatly dislike Corrin. Chances be damned, I'd still like to see characters like Celica, Caeda, or Merric.

But ask a Fire Emblem fan or a Pokémon fan what they'd prefer and each would have a different answer. People don't look at how many characters a series has. That's dumb. Smash isn't the House of Representatives. They look at whether they like the individual characters.

And personally speaking, if I had the choice? Despite being a Decidueye fan first and foremost, I would gladly take Incineroar over some of the Grinch leak characters if given the chance, especially Shadow, Geno, and Banjo. "Pokémon has nine characters" be damned.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
This leak has obviously been affected by KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST.

We actually know the real veredict of the leak, but everythime we come to the afromentioned conclusion the bomb explodes and the day repeats itself again.
So we're in Groundhogs Day (the movie)? Oh dear.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
I'll never understand this stance, really. People give series like Pokémon and Fire Emblem this all the time and pretend like the fans of that series all like the same thing. In a massive series with a massive amount of characters, not everyone is gonna like the same ones. Why should they "be grateful" if they personally don't like the current available choices?

I'm fortunate as a Pokémon fan and a Smash fan. I really like Mewtwo, Ivysaur, Lucario, and Greninja, and have a soft spot for Pikachu from a nostalgic perspective. Even then, I could personally do without Pichu, Squirtle, and Jigglypuff, and dislike Charizard. There are also other Pokémon I'd like to see, like (chances be damned) Chandelure, Klefki, and an Alola Pokémon in general (with Decidueye being my preference).

As a Fire Emblem fan and a Smash fan, I'm also fairly well off. I got my favorite character, Chrom, and my fifth favorite character, Marth. Beyond that, I like Lucina but she's not among my favorites, I have no feelings one way or the other regarding Ike, Roy, or Robin, and I greatly dislike Corrin. Chances be damned, I'd still like to see characters like Celica, Caeda, or Merric.

But ask a Fire Emblem fan or a Pokémon fan what they'd prefer and each would have a different answer. People don't look at how many characters a series has. That's dumb. Smash isn't the House of Representatives. They look at whether they like the individual characters.

And personally speaking, if I had the choice? Despite being a Decidueye fan first and foremost, I would gladly take Incineroar over some of the Grinch leak characters if given the choice, especially Shadow, Geno, and Banjo. "Pokémon has nine characters" be damned.
ok

KatKit

Smash Lord
This is my constant reaction to all the fighting (like everywhere in regards to this discussion) now, since it's gotten pretty repeitive

View attachment 172466
I have no idea what the current coversation in this thread is, but I had to like this post because the last thing I expected to see was Rean freakin' Schwarzer.

The Trails series is top notch, stranger. Anyways, carry on.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So I just completed Rondo of Blood at 100%, and I've got to say, I can say that in terms of a "Classic" Castlevania game, I do prefer it over Super Castlevania IV.

The music is much, much more engaging, the ability to play as two characters (Richter and Maria) is really cool, and the game's difficulty feels just right in RoB, where it felt a bit unbalanced in SCIV. I do feel that Simon's control of the Vampire Killer is better though; I much preferred being able to whip in all 8 directions, and using it as a grappling hook is an excellent idea, plus I greatly missed being able to do this in RoB:

Even though I prefer RoB now, I did still enjoy my time with SCIV when I played it nearly two months ago, and both are really solid games. If you guys have the chance to play either or both of these games, give them a shot; you might find that you'll enjoy them as well. I'm going to be starting Symphony of the Night next, and that should be a treat from everything I've heard.

Playing through both RoB and SCIV have given me a huge appreciation for what both Simon and Richter can do in Smash, so I'm really looking forward to checking them both out when Ultimate releases!

To keep it Smash-related, there is one song I heard in particular while playing RoB today that I wish was making it into Ultimate, as it really impressed me: Opus 13. Such a groovy song, I could really see myself battling to this track while at Dracula's Castle. I'd gladly take it in its original form, but I think a slightly harder take on it could work as well. Definitely one I'd want if additional DLC songs are a thing.

Of course, I am still keeping an eye on all the discussion surrounding the leak-talk, it's just really tough to do as this page moves at breakneck speed for me. Still reserving judgment for official confirmation, as I'm still 50/50 at this time (tempering my expectations helps to keep me calm and level-headed), but it is quite interesting how things have developed over the past 48 hours or so. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get our direct announcement sometime next week. :)
So glad you enjoyed my favorite Castlevania! I like that Smash is allowing more people to enjoy the series. Now people understand why folks like me absolutely lost their minds at Richter being confirmed. God I can't wait to play as him. Between Richter being in and Snake being back they could release the game tomorrow with the roster as-is and I'd be happy.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I always wonder about one info. If the leak is false and the box theory is true, why in the world Sakurai carried the toy mech for his upcoming project? Makes no sense.

That toy mech still confused me to this day..

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
It's a good point for Team Fake, but still... Now we play the 'Could be more versions of the background' card.
See? We are not to going anywhere.
Technically, as part of the graphic design world, the strongest point against the leak is that it's too early. If Nintendo works as an average company they should send the stuff to printing in the last 48 hours before release.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I have no idea what the current coversation in this thread is, but I had to like this post because the last thing I expected to see was Rean freakin' Schwarzer.

The Trails series is top notch, stranger.
I'm a huge fanboy of it haha.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

And personally speaking, if I had the choice? Despite being a Decidueye fan first and foremost, I would gladly take Incineroar over some of the Grinch leak characters if given the choice, especially Shadow, Geno, and Banjo. "Pokémon has nine characters" be damned.
Agreed wholeheartedly. I really dislike seeing that stance.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

We actually know the real veredict of the leak, but everythime we come to the afromentioned conclusion the bomb explodes and the day repeats itself again.
Easy, we just need to get the Grinch to admit he's Yoshikage Kira to break this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hello, everyone.
I am sorry for interrupt the conversation. You all probably dont know who I am since I have been a guest that has been looking at this topic as a guest. I have been here since this thread was started to see people like Zinith become the unofficial pet with his love of Boshi. I have seen the low and ups , stuff like when the topic was separated into the general discussion thread and the leaks thread. The reason I decided to make an account was just to share a few opinions. I hope no one minds my interruption and I apologize in advance if it does.

I wanted to say that I dont think it is fair to compare this to the ESRB leak. It is a different situation, in that one we had many images that showed stuff in the game and we even got a video of gameplay. I think that saying the two are the same basically ignore what makes the grinch leak and the ESRB leak special. The grinch leak has stuff proving to be related to someone that works on the graphics design field, an amazing possibility and an empty background. The moment you treat the two as the same is the momento people start bringing up irrelevant points like "this is like the Little Mac situation". I humbly request the people of this thread to try to separate the two. Dont compare them, measure them on their own merits.

The second thing, I want to bring up is that I understand that people usually have a mentality of either or. I know that people want to see the info of insiders and Verge about Incineroar as a threat to the leak but it isnt. There is a chance that both can be true since this isnt necessarily the whole roster. Just as posible, they could both be fake. Verge didnt have the whole roster, but it doesnt mean that the information he gave was wrong. Just because there is information that can be contradictory, it doesnt necessarily mean that it is contradictory. I think the positions of people like Vaanrose and Zinith are the most healthy ones. Dont try to prove that a leak is right or wrong. Analyze everything, be curious, share your knowledge and let people come to their own conclusions. The truth will eventually arise (sooner rather than later in this case).

Finally, I want to recommend people to consider what they share. There has been a lot of misinformation spread especilly today when people lied about the words of Serebii and Vergeben, or when people brought up points that have aready been proved fake like the gem situation with Megaman. What is worse is that fake stuff and real stuff is constantly posted ad nauseum. I believe it would help the thread if it didnt have to constantly stop to repeat what is being said especially when it happens with the next page.

Anyway, I apologize once again for interrupting the discussion. I have read many times how people here are curious about what guests have to say so here is a ex-guest sharing his thought.
Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!

KMDP

Smash Legend

BREAK DOWN BREAK DOWN!
Does anyone have an Ambulance?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
No I need condescending genuinely lol I'm not bright enough to get the more technical picture parts

I think I'm grasping it. I'm gonna classify this as a point for team fake then.
It's less a point for team fake and more a point against an argument against team fake, if that makes sense.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Yes, but that's not quite what he's getting at.

I apologize if I sound condescending, I just wanna walk this through in detail to make sure I cover all the bases.

A big point of contention with some people - especially ArtsyOmni - is that the image of the empty background in the Grinch Leak doesn't match an actual official image of the empty background we saw at E3. Many people on Team Fake use this as evidence against the leak. Some people on Team Real have argued that the discrepancies are caused due to the photo we've seen of the leak being very low quality since it's a screencap of a video on Snapchat. An important detail here is that we have two photos: One photo has the empty background, and the other photo has all the characters in front of the background.

If the discrepancies in the image were caused by low picture quality, then we wouldn't see the exact same discrepancies between those two photos. However, the same discrepancies between the two photos are identical, meaning they cannot be caused by poor image quality. They have to be part of the actual background image in the leak.
Yes, I agree and I already pointed this out a while back.

Now I'd like if someone can analyze the picture on the cylinder and find where it matches with the banner. I have tried myself but they look like completely different images to me... if we can find where it mathces and can compare the two thing, maybe we can get more informations., at least in favor of "team fake".

My point is:
-the artifacts on the picture are consistent between the different pictures (empty battlefield, characters, empty battlefield with logo) so they aren't due to bad quality of the picture.
-if you apply some filters to the E3 banner it creates some artifacts that make it more similar to the one of the leak
-the picture on the cylinder is extremely blurry.

cylinder.png

If we can confirm that the cylinder matches the banner, it could prove that the banner is blurry not because of the bad quality of the picture, but because some filters have been applied to the picture, maybe intentionally to hide the flaws.
It still wouldn't debunk the thing completely but it would be a huge evidence against it.

(I kinda see Mewtwo's face but it seems flipped horizontally, and completely misplaced also; the surrounding stuff doesn't match either).

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hello, everyone.

Welcome to the boards! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom