• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
bro u wanna go i swear on me mum ill bash ye skull in m8.

Being serious again, you're fine dude. Yeah we may have our disagreements, but I appreciate you and your arguments. I didn't mean to ignore you previously; my bad on that one.
Thanks. And sorry if my other post was a bit blunt but man when there's a dozen people just doubling down on complaining about other people it really makes this soap opera a lot harder to watch.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If we're talking about MASTAHPIECES here's the best leak in Smash history:

Truly a gem. Way better than Artsy Omni.
Thanks. And sorry if my other post was a bit blunt but man when there's a dozen people just doubling down on complaining about other people it really makes this soap opera a lot harder to watch.
It wasn't blunt at all. Or maybe it was, but I just don't care. Sometimes you just have to be blunt.

Honestly, thank you for your input. I'll do my best to be better and contribute more constructively in the future.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Either way, I feel Ridley was at least based on fan-demand (and I feel like they may have been confirmed? I'm not sure, I just remember people mentioning Ridley was chosen because of the West), with Dark Samus also being mentioned to be based on fan-demand, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai took from different samples/areas of the ballot or parts of the internet.
Fan demand /=/ Ballot is the thing. Ridley was dead in the water during the Ballot period. He's just been demanded all throguhout Smash history.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
*gasp* You are still apart of a team, though. How dare you! /s

But seriously I'm pretty much the same. I personally think it's real (and I'm going to stick with that), but I do think there are some suspicious things about it and honestly it could go either way. I can't wait until it's proven real or fake, the sooner the better in my opinion.
I'm ok with waiting a week or two with people constantly debating about it. Twisting that knife slowly is more fun.

It's like playing with a mouth ulcer, really.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh, okay then. Clearly you don't actually want to talk about it. Just know that you aren't going to convince me by just expecting me to just take your word for it.
Don't worry about him. The backgrounds have not changed.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly it's kinda gross that people are hounding him so much.

No matter how convincing a leak is, if there's even a small chance that it could possibly be fake, is it worth risking someone's career or well-being (mental, emotional, or otherwise) over?
If this is real or fake, whoever decided to not cover up his name/decided to include his name is going to have some 'splaining to do.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Oh boy I sure am popular today. Lets respond to some quotes:

I agree. I may have formerly been Team Fake, but I'm willing to join Team Neutral because both sides have merit. I just don't like it when people ignore the merits of the other side for their own, which is what a lot of people on both sides have been doing.

It was Ridley, Dixie Kong, Impa, Chorus Kids, and Mewtwo, who would be unlocked if you linked the Wii U and 3DS versions. What do you know, those were the hot characters to support at the time, and people believed it despite Sakurai saying there'd be no characters exclusive to if you linked the two games because it had those characters.

Here's a link to the leak in its entirety. Read it over and realize how stupid it is as a whole.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If we're going by anime arcs than I'm Gray in the current Avatar arc. I've gone straight down the deep end into villiandom.

"I don't care about Sakurai. All I want is the Grinch. I will find him and I will end him."

Being serious, I'm arguing facts here. That's all I care about. If I see a weak argument I'm going to call it out, and if I see hypocrisy I'll do the same. People may not want to hear it, but I'm going to be as honest as I can be.

A regular guy/gal I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Look, I'm not saying that every fan believes in this one for bias reasons, but a majority of the fanbase does. It's most evident when, as I stated above, people ignore valid evidence from the other side and resort to opinions, personal interpretations, and hypotheticals.

Being serious again, you're fine dude. Yeah we may have our disagreements, but I appreciate you and your arguments. I didn't mean to ignore you previously; my bad on that one.

If you want to do that be my guest. Take a deep breath, go play some Animal Crossing, listen to music you like, read a book, whatever you do to relax, and come back if you want to. J

Look, I'm not saying that I hate everyone who supports the Grinch leak. I would actually love for the Grinch leak to be true. It's an absolute dream of a roster. What I dislike is the blatant biases present within some users' arguments and the unwillingness to acknowledge valid evidence that this leak could be fake.

I apologize if I've contributed to a "toxic discussion" of any sorts, but it's difficult to not do so when I'm attacked and have been attacked for expressing unpopular opinions in the past throughout this entire speculation cycle.
Nah man I’m not saying you hate everyone, that’s mild exaggeration. I just know I’m definitely part of the non-contributing believers who definitely aren’t helping. You’re still being totally reasonable (if a tad bit overzealous about asking people to hype responsibly), I’m the one who’s part of the problem.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It was Ridley, Dixie Kong, Impa, Chorus Kids, and Mewtwo, who would be unlocked if you linked the Wii U and 3DS versions. What do you know, those were the hot characters to support at the time, and people believed it despite Sakurai saying there'd be no characters exclusive to if you linked the two games because it had those characters.

Here's a link to the leak in its entirety. Read it over and realize how stupid it is as a whole.
The really funny thing (beyond the things I already mentioned a few pages ago) is that, technically, Mewtwo was unlocked by linking the Wii U and 3DS versions.
---
Anyway, some thoughts.

People like to get the things they want.
People like to be right.
People like to feel like they are in the know.

There is nothing inherently wrong about these things, because they are human nature.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I also want to be part of the anime, if it's not too late.

On-topic: I wonder if Nintendo is going to reference the leak in the Direct, maybe even playfully. It wouldn't be the first time they've done this.

JoshOmega

Smash Rookie
This leak is so interesting. Has been a fun ride that’s for sure. That said I hope it’s real but at the same time I hope the rumor of characters missing is true. I want incineroar and skull kid(we need more Zelda rep that isn’t link) both to make it in. If they don’t I can’t complain I got k rool lol

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

On-topic: I wonder if Nintendo is going to reference the leak in the Direct, maybe even playfully. It wouldn't be the first time they've done this.
What were the other times?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
To be fair have we ever deconfirmed this?
no never ever
Nah man I’m not saying you hate everyone, that’s mild exaggeration. I just know I’m definitely part of the non-contributing believers who definitely aren’t helping. You’re still being totally reasonable (if a tad bit overzealous about asking people to hype responsibly), I’m the one who’s part of the problem.
Are you arguing hypotheticals? Asserting your opinions as fact? Ignoring the other side of the argument?

What, you answered no to all of those questions?

Then you die regardless you're fine my man. Don't worry too much. You're free to your beliefs so long as you you've got valid reason to believe them and you don't try to force them on others.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I can imagine how awkward all of Eric's future job interviews are going to be.

"So Mr. Brichard, tell me about a time where you experienced hardship in your job and how you overcame it?"

"I leaked the Smash Bros Ultimate roster and deleted my LinkedIn".

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And Omni did show a curious point against the Leak... Suprising. Go ahead and look at the whole thread.

Basically, he explained how it could have been done, and how, by PURE COINCIDENCE, the only part that have error between all Battlefield version/E3 empty version and the Leak one are the spots where the characters's are still hiding stuff between version, and where the leaker would have to guess if this is fake.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Oh boy I sure am popular today. Lets respond to some quotes:

I agree. I may have formerly been Team Fake, but I'm willing to join Team Neutral because both sides have merit. I just don't like it when people ignore the merits of the other side for their own, which is what a lot of people on both sides have been doing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If we're going by anime arcs than I'm Gray in the current Avatar arc. I've gone straight down the deep end into villiandom.

"I don't care about Sakurai. All I want is the Grinch. I will find him and I will end him."

Being serious, I'm arguing facts here. That's all I care about. If I see a weak argument I'm going to call it out, and if I see hypocrisy I'll do the same. People may not want to hear it, but I'm going to be as honest as I can be.

A regular guy/gal I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Look, I'm not saying that every fan believes in this one for bias reasons, but a majority of the fanbase does. It's most evident when, as I stated above, people ignore valid evidence from the other side and resort to opinions, personal interpretations, and hypotheticals.

If you want to do that be my guest. Take a deep breath, go play some Animal Crossing, listen to music you like, read a book, whatever you do to relax, and come back if you want to. J

Look, I'm not saying that I hate everyone who supports the Grinch leak. I would actually love for the Grinch leak to be true. It's an absolute dream of a roster. What I dislike is the blatant biases present within some users' arguments and the unwillingness to acknowledge valid evidence that this leak could be fake.

I apologize if I've contributed to a "toxic discussion" of any sorts, but it's difficult to not do so when I'm attacked and have been attacked for expressing unpopular opinions in the past throughout this entire speculation cycle.
No hard feelings. We should all step back and remember we're a community. We're all in this to have fun and play Smash.

Sorry if I got upset, old habits die hard. But I genuinely am tapping out on this until official news.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Not gonna lie this week has been fun but I am getting burned out from it now. Hopefully we get something official from Nintendo next week rather than the week after.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice

I would be incredibly amused if on the next direct, on the background of the room Sakurai is, there's some kind of green, furry thing. Like a plushie or a carpet of the exact same color.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Listen, no matter which side you're on, if you're going to make a claim you need to back it up in some way.

"It's right because I'm right" only works for me, fellas, sorry.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Not relevant to the current discussion, but we just hit 1000 votes in the "Who are you looking forward to most from the currently confirmed newcomer cast?" poll, and I think that's neat. Even numbers and all. Really cool to see how close Simon and Richter are together.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can imagine how awkward all of Eric's future job interviews are going to be.

"So Mr. Brichard, tell me about a time where you experienced hardship in your job and how you overcame it?"

"I leaked the Smash Bros Ultimate roster and deleted my LinkedIn".
Gets the top job instantly

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Wait people were trying to contact this dude? Is that really neccesary for a game that comes out in like a month and a half? Even if this guy did leak smash it's wild to me that people would go on his linkedin and track him down like that.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Not to be off-topic, but i got my profile pic after a lot of hassle! I heard Noi was going to draw some of us? Can I be drawn too? I'd love to be a part of this anime.
Woah woah woah wait Noipoi is drawing some of us?

Please draw me man.
some thoughts.

People like to get the things they want.
People like to be right.
People like to feel like they are in the know.

There is nothing inherently wrong about these things, because they are human nature.
This is correct. My problem starts when people being to hold those second two over other people and act holier-than-thou due to that.

Luig

Confused
Alright guys, I've got the real leak confirmed. You may not want to accept it, but multiple reliable insiders like my mother and the smashboards staff told me about it, hopefully they don't ban me.

look at the smashboards blurb, it all makes sense now! :surprised:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Ooh ooh can I be in the smashimae? Animash? idk lol

I listened to papa geno's video and I think it makes a lot of sense. I still lean more towards team real but it's honestly so exhausting yet entertaining to keep up with the back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom