• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
I had a completely crazy thought right now. Considering this Eric guy did the video himself and sent it to friends. With how he insults the company which he is working for, did anyone check if an Eric with his last name potentially won in a French lottery? Is there even a way to check this? I mean, If I had just won a lottery, I also would not care too much about this whole ordeal.

Just a complete stupid idea, but maybe there is a reason why he did it considering that he indeed posted it himself.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't do everybody, that'd be ridiculous. I'm gonna try to do everyone I can and they'll be represented by their avatars.
No, I demand you draw all 270 users in this thread right now, along with a legion of the 600+ faceless guests in the background.

...Okay yeah, I didn't mean everyone everyone, I just meant "everyone you intended to draw". I know how time consuming art can be.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It would be interesting to have a new poll basically about Teamreal Teamfake and Team 50-50 just so we can all see how each new piece of evidence affects us.

Since we can Switch votes and all, it's be pretty interesting if something convincing shows up that would make me change my vote.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
When I get good enough to charge people to buy thing's i've drawn :laugh:.

Correction, i'm gonna draw a negative Goemon with devil horns drinking Dr pepper.
I don't drink Dr. Pepper anymore I guess I'm also not a ninja with a pipe and horns so I'll like it either way
Also your art is pretty good from what I've seen.

God, as a believer I'm starting to get annoyed when we bring back every old argument about this leak. We're going around in circles
My actual stance that I don't talk about often is that the leak's run dry, and there's no conclusive answer and won't be until there's official word.
People can do all they can at it, I have a hard time believing anyone will be able to definitively debunk or confirm the contents of the leak.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
God, as a believer I'm starting to get annoyed when we bring back every old argument about this leak. We're going around in circles
Welcome to Smashboards, where the points are circular and the rules don't matter until the mods shut down the thread.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
When did Ryce admit that his source may be lying to him? I just remember him saying that he’d surprised if his source who told about every character and their reveals would suddenly be wrong about one of them

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
You're a strange one, Mr. Grinch Leak. Every time something points in its favor, something else comes and brings it down. I was excited about it possibly being real on the first day, but now it's all just, well, eh. I just really want the next Direct to arrive so we can end this madness. Overall, I'm neutral on this whole thing.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
And Omni did show a curious point against the Leak... Suprising. Go ahead and look at the whole thread.

Basically, he explained how it could have been done, and how, by PURE COINCIDENCE, the only part that have error between all Battlefield version/E3 empty version and the Leak one are the spots where the characters's are still hiding stuff between version, and where the leaker would have to guess if this is fake.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9rnsf6/a_recreation_and_analysis_of_the_leaked_mural/

Everyone who agrees with the Twitter thread should read this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, right, forgot to post Flint's latest pic, sorry people.

Saw what he did there on Sheik.

inktober_26_alteregos_by_flintofmother3-dcqeb58.jpg

The same thing happens every time, the only difference is the leak in question that's argued over.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
When did Ryce admit that his source may be lying to him? I just remember him saying that he’d surprised if his source who told about every character and their reveals would suddenly be wrong about one of them
He never said that. People just twisting words

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually, they weren't irritable at all at first, it's how people started to ****-talk them and spit on them that made them on the fence to be fair.
Well, that's also a factor. :laugh:

It's also possible it took them a while to realize the leak might have merit and they were lied to (along with the ****-talk).

I imagine there's a certain level of trust involved in leaking, if the leak they were shown was as convincing as I think it is, then there was a lot of trust that was broken.

"People like to feel like they're in the know", realizing that you were being used (and therefore lied to) would make anybody upset.

But, here I am playing armchair psychologist.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Please don't compare Omni's comment as a "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" statement, I don't think you even know what you're saying. You're saying that Omni believes that the murals are photoshopped versions of other parts of the mural to make a completely different detailed image.

What he's actually saying is that you can cut out all of the characters and make an entirely new one from scratch.
Does that sound like what I described to you?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Are we really going this Photoshop route again. People said something similar with the smash 4 leak, and that was legit.
Let the experts do their thing. It's fine. Omni not believing in it doesn't mean the leak is actually fake.

Only time will tell for everyone.

I've been arguing so much about the veracity of the leak that I forgot to even think about the characters we could be getting. 4 of them were previously considered for 64 (Banjo), Melee (Mach rider), Brawl (Geno), and 4 (Chorus Kids). All of them, including Isaac, are some of the most universally popular characters the fan base have, along with K. Rool and Ridley, 2 characters added.

Tbh, if this leak is legit, this is the endgame for me. I've been wanting these characters for a long time I admit that, but it's also the endgame for a lot of other people. It truly would be Ultimate, and it possibly could be Sakurai's intention as well.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Omni is saying that if there's going to be a spot where the leaker missed certain things (like the cystals for example), it'd be where there is a character covering up the area in every leak.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
All this over analyzation of the banner is gonna look really stupid if the leak turns out real. Just gonna drop that right now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That would actually the easiest part of the whole leak here actually lmao-
True; I don't know what to think anymore, though; they seem to actually work for a company who makes these sort-of decorations, so actually making a fake leak for Smash and actually looking at its community seems less likely than the hypothetical situations being thrown around.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Would it be considered cannibalism to eat The Grinch? :confused: I wonder what he would taste like if you grilled him.
This is off-topic as hell, but I would personally consider eating a talking, sapient being to be basically cannibalism. Doesn’t really matter what they look like on the outside; that dude is a walking, talking person.

Don’t ever speak about The Grinch like that again.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Let the experts do their thing. It's fine. Omni not believing in it doesn't mean the leak is actually fake.

Only time will tell for everyone.

I've been arguing so much about the veracity of the leak that I forgot to even think about the characters we could be getting. 4 of them were previously considered for 64 (Banjo), Melee (Mach rider), Brawl (Geno), and 4 (Chorus Kids). All of them, including Isaac, are some of the most universally popular characters the fan base have, along with K. Rool and Ridley, 2 characters added.

Tbh, if this leak is legit, this is the endgame for me. I've been wanting these characters for a long time I admit that. It truly would be Ultimate, and it possibly could be Sakurai's intention as well.
Well you know what, this whole thing is making me sad because I want to ****ing believe, but I feel like an outcast for believing it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
\
And Omni did show a curious point against the Leak... Suprising. Go ahead and look at the whole thread.

Basically, he explained how it could have been done, and how, by PURE COINCIDENCE, the only part that have error between all Battlefield version/E3 empty version and the Leak one are the spots where the characters's are still hiding stuff between version, and where the leaker would have to guess if this is fake.
Something several people have been trying to explain in text for since Wednesday night, lol. But hopefully he is able to show it in video format so that people can stop playing ignorant.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
All this over analyzation of the banner is gonna look really stupid if the leak turns out real. Just gonna drop that right now.
And the same can be said if it turn out fake and people harrassing a poor man.

In the end, whatever happens, a meltdown will happens.

Which is why Team HMMMMMM is the best team right now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It'll look dumb for the people who said it's fake if it's real. It'll look dumb for the peope who said it's real if it's fake.

Bing bang boom ESRB and Rayman played both those games on us, who would've thunk?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Anybody who thinks the current comparisons are anything approaching Shulk is Little Mac territory simply does not understand how incredibly easy cutting out and moving characters is and how incredibly difficult completely changing one character into another is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom