• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
ohhhh boy, how do we know it's from Golden Sun though?
We don't know it's from Golden Sun. That's mostly just speculation. People were talking about how it resembles the icon for Growth Psynergy but it really doesn't. On the other hand, here's something that totally won't help with that speculation.

This sprite sheet is for an overworld object in Golden Sun. It's a vine that, when Growth is cast on it, grows and becomes climbable.
Compare frame 1 with the item in question.

Could be that this vine is indeed from Golden Sun. Perhaps, when thrown, it grows into a vine that acts as a ladder?

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
All I'm going to say about the sprout is that, in Golden Sun, it's a vine, and it looks like a vine sprout, with a green stalk.

But in Smash, the stalk is white and it looks like a classic bean sprout.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo was in, I can guarantee you'd be 100% more thrilled to have seen him show up the way Sakurai intended, simultaneously killing the box theory. Maybe you wouldn't have been as happy NOW, but dang dude if you really prefer to it to have been leaked this way then idk what to say.
Some people don't see things the way you do. I can safely say that even though I knew Simon was in beforehand, the trailer was still very exciting. And after the game is out, how I was introduced to the character won't really matter. Other's may feel the same as me, and some may feel the same as you.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Mate, I don't particularly care for Etika. But, at the very least, be respectful. Hell, you don't need to be worried about him, but don't be an *** to someone who might be going through something rough. Better to be silent.
i don’t even know what happened to him

thought his channel got shut down and that’s it

AugustusB

Smash Champion
EDIT: I was mistaken, this is an earlier banner where bayo was lower. The cloud is likely hidden behind the fold

Now, maybe I'm looking into this too much but during the Wendy's ad there is a shot of the banner on a trailer and it looks like the infamous smear/cloud is not there. Clearly this trailer image has been cropped at the top but either way the cloud should be visible above Bayo's gun and to the left of her cape.

Zoom:

For comparison here is the relevant area from the current website banner:
Again, you're comparing the Isabelle banner, the Tailgate banner is the August 8th banner.

View attachment 172148
She was considerably moved when Isabelle was added.
Actually, maybe I am doped up on medicine, but are some clouds missing behind Bayo in the football trailer pic? I know the top part is cut off, but some of the clouds should still be around...
Maybe it's the medicine.

EDIT: Yeah it's zoomed in alot more than I thought. NVM me.

Last edited:

capri_

Smash Rookie
Annnd back to square one.

I don't think we're gonna get anywhere further than this today. Not without more videos/Nintendo screwups.
I'm new to this whole board so not sure about how everything works. But anyway, I was thinking about this and shouldn't that cloud still be visible, even though Bayo moved? As far as I can tell it's aligned with Link's sword

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I personally don't care for spoilers or getting spoiled.

The fact that I could be playing as Ken, Shadow or Isaac on December 7th is enough for me.
I'm also unfazed by spoilers. I keep running to them so much in my life that I'm not concerned about them anymore, so I inevitably get spoiled about Smash content since the Melee days, it's tradition.

But hey, at least :ultkrool: and :ultrichter:were nice surprises, so that's something.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
The Sprout Item looks very similar (as in, near 1:1) to an overworld object from Golden Sun.

...Jesus...
We don't know it's from Golden Sun. That's mostly just speculation. People were talking about how it resembles the icon for Growth Psynergy but it really doesn't. On the other hand, here's something that totally won't help with that speculation.

This sprite sheet is for an overworld object in Golden Sun. It's a vine that, when Growth is cast on it, grows and becomes climbable.
Compare frame 1 with the item in question.

Could be that this vine is indeed from Golden Sun. Perhaps, when thrown, it grows into a vine that acts as a ladder?

Edit: Ninja'd
Yo this is Amazing!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day's thought:

You will believe what you want. I can't think that anyone is objective anymore. This goes for both sides.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Nice theory I heard, Camelot is not doing anything besides Mario Tennis very recently, nice opportunity to help the Smash Team.
Besides Isaac, Waluigi is basically Camelot's mascot. Smash would be representing most of the Nintendo developer companies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I find this leak to be more interesting than anything since everyone is pretty much at the same place of not being able to disprove it or prove it. There is toxicity but there can also be some legitimate discussion. There is also the possibility that this isnt even the final mural which could mean more characters which is still more to be excited for.
Meanwhile with things like the box theory what can happen with it is quite rigid and the people proposing the theory tend to be the ones that dictate the rules for it leading to very one sided discussions with it. Due to the general denial of any other part of the packaging being able to have characters on it by some of its supporters it also tends to not let much speculation actually happen.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I understand that people are excited, but it's important to check the facts yourself and not just take people at their word, mine included. This is how misinformation keeps spreading. Someone says something that is demonstrably false, people immediately make a conclusion about whether this proves something true or false, and then people run with it to other sites to share and an hour later it's right back here in this same thread because someone saw it on Reddit or Twitter or wherever.
Yeah I'll take full responsibility for that one, I apologize. I try to not take things at face value immediately but I got a bit carried away with that due to it being from the trailer itself.

My opinion on the leak stays the same for now, likely fake until we get something more that corroborates it.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Something that maybe is completely irrelevant, but the Healing Field item also has a sprout icon on it...

Though it's even different than the one from the "leaked" item.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Day's thought:

You will believe what you want. I can't think that anyone is objective anymore. This goes for both sides.
It is objective fact that Smash Ultimate is going to be a huge game.

:troll:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I love a good surprise, but really... I can hold myself back for so long.
two months of downtime with one character trailer and another month of no news? And when the game's surely gone gold and release is a month away?
Frankly at this point, I'll take what I can get.

At the very least, I've got Devil May Cry V news which shows content at a semi-regular schedule and that ****'s not gonna come out for another 5 months.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
All I'm going to say about the sprout is that, in Golden Sun, it's a vine, and it looks like a vine sprout, with a green stalk.

But in Smash, the stalk is white and it looks like a classic bean sprout.
BeanBean Kingdom confirmed.

Pack it up, guys.

this is a joke.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah because the unleaked Richter happened.... Remember how hyped people were over Ryu's trailer? Oh wait.. he was leaked multiple times and nobody was surprised when his e3 trailer hit.
Meanwhile, people collectively crapped their pants when Cloud was revealed. Hiding things makes all the difference.

I love a good surprise, but really... I can hold myself back for so long.
two months of downtime with one character trailer and another month of no news?
Frankly at this point, I'll take what I can get.

At the very least, I've got Devil May Cry V news which shows content at a semi-regular schedule.
I'm waiting for a release date for Battle Princess Madelyn with bated breath myself, at least it'll be sooner than expected. Progress shown once per month, too.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If I could I would've tried to avoid this leak, but I got spoiled first thing in the morning the other day so now i'm just along for the ride.

Chrono.

Something that maybe is completely irrelevant, but the Healing Field item also has a sprout icon on it...

We went over it, whatever the new item is, it's not Healing Field.

HF looks completely different when deployed.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

we have been over this. the only way the object in the trailer could be related to the healing field is if it was weird redesign, but an abrupt redesign makes literally no sense.

it is a new item. it could be just a random pick-up healing item, or it could be the Golden Sun item. but it is NOT the goddamn healing field.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Day's thought:

Well i've maintained my 50-50 stance from yesterday. I want to believe it's real but i'm not going to until it's confirmed without a doubt.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly when it comes to characters I really rather know what Im getting myself into with them than not so I dont mind them being "spoiled". Story content on the other hand past a certain point is generally a no no for me.

Iridium

Smash Hero
What I got out of that is... Shiek is STAYING at a Bottom Tier fighter. My God, she still SUCKS.
Wait, how is she terrible? We can't base anything like that on one game and one player, can we?

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
I have no idea what is happening anymore, is this the most wild period in smash speculation history?

D

Deleted member

Wait, how is she is terrible? We can't base anything like that on one game and one character, can we?
Personally, I've always found her difficult to play.

But... I just realized Sheik is a top fighter in Melee AND Wii U. So, whoopsie.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Day's thought:

Oh believe me, I really want to believe this leak is real, but I'm still team fake.

It's impossible to be 100% objective, but it's still possible to put a lot of your biases aside if you're self-aware about them. Trying to be objective isn't totally futile.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
What I got out of that is... Shiek is STAYING at a Bottom Tier fighter. My God, she still SUCKS.
Still? How can a character who was high-tier in both Melee and Smash 4 STILL suck if she never sucked to begin with?

Edit: Ah I'm late, ignore me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is going to be the worst game of Clue imaginable.
I confess. It was me, I did in in the Ballroom with the lead pipe.

I also totally faked this roster with some good friends of mine, and my contacts at Illumination gave me Grinch materials.
:seuss:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
God, I swear if Isaac is in, we better get that damn Dark Dawn sequel.

Hooooooly ****, it's been EIGHT years since that came out.
COME ON NINTENDO. SET CAMELOT FREE. STOP MAKING THEM MAKE TENNIS GAMES.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Personally, I've always found her difficult to play.

But... I just realized Sheik is a top fighter in Melee AND Wii U. So, whoopsie.
I mean, I guess she was pretty average (or below) in Brawl (and Fox too now that I think about it), but yeah, she's just a traditional god for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom