• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
It does have the sapling that’s on the healing field though. It could be related somehow.
I really don't get how it would be though. Why create a splinter version of the item with a drastically different effect than the parent item? What we see is almost an exact match of the Golden Sun sprite.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Isn’t the college campus tour offering the same demo as the E3 one? Then shouldn’t that item be from E3 itself?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
What if the Healing Field was just a cover-up for Growth so that we didn't know Isaac was in?
Wouldn't surprise me. They didn't show that the Boxing Ring was a Punch-Out!! stage until after Little Mac was announced, after all.

KMDP

Smash Legend
However, unfortunately, if the Growth psynergy were to be an item, it would baaaasically look exactly the same, right?
Pretty much.

There's also different "levels" of Growth, and sometimes it's used as a utility, similar to a ladder. So there'd be more than one way to implement it.
Damn, that's a good point.
I'm just gonna quietly post this here and leave it at that... taking a small break from arguing
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It wouldn't be the first time a Nintendo video unintentionally revealed a character through a split second shot in a video.

Remember Ganondorf in Smash 4?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Well god damn.

Another freaky coincidence in favor of the leak...

I'm pretty sure we've seen gameplay of the Healing Field in the Direct and it doesn't leave a sprout or anything like that.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I think the growth item works like a vine that you climb on like a ladder. There are only like 2 stages with ladders and ladder attacks is it's own unique technique that's had a formal introduction. Makes sense for growth to be an item.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As some of you may know, a recent leak has surfaced and has exploded the internet. Smashboards has been experiencing tons of activity and new users have been registering for the first time and many have been posting here. There’s been a lot of toxicity in various Smash communities around the net over this leak. Even if you disagree with what they may say, please treat new users well and show them that this place is truly the best place to talk about Smash!

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
can someone link me the image of growth from GS games and this supposed growth item in smash? They look the same?

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
OMG YOU GUYS, THAT'S NOT THE SPROUT FROM GS, I FIGURED IT OUT WHAT IT IS:

THE GRINCH LEAK IS REAL, ALL THE CHARACTERS FROM THE LEAK ARE IN ULTIMATE. WE DID IT BOYS

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think the "new item" is just Healing Field.

Let me explain where I'm coming from. Look at the HF item and how it looks.

It looks like a seed with the plant sprouting icon looking extremely alike to the item we just saw.

My theory is that once you activate HF, the seed disappears and the plant sprouts on the arena, which would look like what we see here.
View attachment 172089
Oh well then, I retract my previous post. Back to complete neutrality.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My stance:

It's either the singular, pick-up version of the Healing Field item (I'm not saying they're the same item, damn it, stop and breathe before you read things) or the very Golden Sun item that people are speculating it to be.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
new item immediately made me think of the orb of force from golden sun, which gives you the force psynergy when equipped. could this be some form of that but for growth?

kylexv

Smash Master
Saw this comment on Reddit:

"Funny how some tailgating promotional video sponsored by Wendy's ended up being the key to a major Smash Bros. roster leak perpetuated by the Grinch."

If someone would have said this 48 hours ago, everyone would look at them like they're insane.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Isaac - Copy.JPG

If Isaac attacks with vines that'd be so cool. I remember reading that leak ages ago that he can switch Djinns but his promo art on the leaked banner has him literally with this attack and the appropriate Djinn.

Also this is Healing Field in use:

HF.JPG

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Y'all's theory on this "izaac is in smersh becuz plant" is silly. I'll tell you what it really is.
Shrek's head sticking out of the ground, but he's lost weight and it's blurry so his ears are bigger than they should be.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
This is basically the new item that appeared, it is from Golden Sun:

Let's get something clear:

This image is 98% the smash item and 2% actual Golden Sun graphics. It's honestly really misleading, there's no item like that in Golden Sun.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
My stance:

It's either the singular, pick-up version of the Healing Field item (I'm not saying they're the same item, damn it, stop and breathe before you read things) or the very Golden Sun item that people are speculating it to be.
isn't the healing field already a pick-up item like... every item?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

It looks like a seed with the plant sprouting icon looking extremely alike to the item we just saw.

My theory is that once you activate HF, the seed disappears and the plant sprouts on the arena, which would look like what we see here.
View attachment 172089
it has the arrow above it indicating that its an unused item

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

"Funny how some tailgating promotional video sponsored by Wendy's ended up being the key to a major Smash Bros. roster leak perpetuated by the Grinch."

If someone would have said this 48 hours ago, everyone would look at them like they're insane.
Makes sense to me!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I know this is besides the point, but why are we calling these characters "boomer" picks if that generation's birth date ended in the 60s? I think only Mach Rider could barely even count. I'm technically a Millennial, being born in 1991, and so my pick is still technically a Millennial pick.

I know this is most likely ironic, and also I hate these arbitrary generational delineations in the first place, but still.
It's a 4Chan meme referring to younger Gen Xers and older Millenials who are starting to settle down and start a family, thusly adopting traits that are associated with suburban dads (such as an affinity for lawn care). As such, boomer picks refer to characters that only people playing during the NES-Gamecube era would identify.

What qualifies as a boomer pick generally varies, but its usually a character that hasn't been seen for awhile: some say Geno is a boomer pick, some say Banjo is a boomer pick, and some say Isaac is a boomer pick.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

View attachment 172089
Except the image shows the item not having been picked up and not thrown/in use. It's not activated.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
For the last time, it's not the healing field. I don't like repeating myself but you can see it in action here at 18:12 here:
Clearly not the same thing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
isn't the healing field already a pick-up item like... every item?
There's a difference between the healing field, which you'd DEFINITELY pick up and throw, and things like the Maxim Tomato, the Heart, and what I'm suggesting the plant item might be.

That's what I meant by pick up.
I meant you literally pick it up and it works, and you don't have to do anything else.

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Let's get something clear:

This image is 98% the smash item and 2% actual Golden Sun graphics. It's honestly really misleading, there's no item like that in Golden Sun.
that's true, as far as we know the only thing we can pretty much confirm is a new item and the only thing similar is that item.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063

this timeline man

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
It will not be that when you throw it to the ground the object of great healing becomes that?

Untouch

Smash Master
Can people stop twisting my words?
I never said this is the current Healing Field.
I'm saying they may have redesigned it for whatever reason, it is the SAME icon, and it is a Smash original item which means they can change the design.
I'm pretty 50/50 on this, it looks like both honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom