• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
its a screen from the video nintendo just put up where the brought smash to a college football game
Got a :ultlink:? (Hey, I’ll do anything for new footage)

What do you think Banjo & Kazooie's final smash will be?
Jinjonator no doubt, unless there’s the Sonic/Pikachu/Pac-Man route of a sped up golden feather invincibility.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
For the item in game vs in the banner argument: Please remember there is a Mr. Saturn in the banner as well. There is already a precedent for this sort of occurrence.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Damn it my sides lmfao
That point had me on the ropes but then N3ON came in LMAO

For the item in game vs in the banner argument: Please remember there is a Mr. Saturn in the banner as well. There is already a precedent for this sort of occurrence.
Keep up the good posts Shaq I appreciate you

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Playing devils advocate here- why would growth be both an item AND a move for Isaac(thats wjat hes doing on the mural art right?) Never played GS, so please gimme a rundown on what could be different/why its justified
issac doenst learn growth naturally, he could be using quake to raise the ground or something else. also the growth item could make a ladder and if they gave it to issac as a move it would function as an attack in stead, which plays into how psenergy has different uses in and out of battle in gs

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Friendly pro tip: use the :4pacman:icon in your posts, it's a life-saver.
Noted!

You can include me in this if you're going to vaguely post about me and act like I'm the person who told you this, when in fact there's been countless people who HAVE believed the Chorus Kids render disproves this and I have never seen you post before.

I don't intend to be rude at all, I really don't. Sorry for a harsh welcome to the site as well. But please don't do this my friend.
Relax. I just thought the situation was funny. Like I said I wasn't trying to call anyone out.

Chrono.

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST

I think the "new item" is just Healing Field.

Let me explain where I'm coming from. Look at the HF item and how it looks.

It looks like a seed with the plant sprouting icon looking extremely alike to the item we just saw.

My theory is that once you activate HF, the seed disappears and the plant sprouts on the arena, which would look like what we see here.
DqYpAF6WoAEWeMw.jpg

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
One would think they'd point out if the healing field had such a unique property though
I'm literally not saying they're the same item

I agree with everyone else that it's a new item.

You're misunderstanding me.

I'm saying it's possible the two are related items. The healing field is a throwable/deployable item that heals people standing in it, no? I'm saying it's possible that this bubble-bud (I'm calling it that now) is the pick up, exclusive version of the item that provides similar effects exclusively for the person who picked it up, like a regen version of the maxim tomato.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Checked the GS Wiki's page on Growth, and I'm actually convinced that the item we saw there could be the same thing. Never have I wanted to see Sakurai just reveal Isaac so quickly right now.

Well, I hope that's what it is.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I'm just gonna quietly post this here and leave it at that... taking a small break from arguing
There was a problem fetching the tweet

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Wait is that sprout a GS item? And if so, where did the pic come from?
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1055519359622410241?s=09
at around 0:27, theres a very short clip of ness vs falcon on an f-zero stage, and on the rightmost "platform" you can see an item that resembles a green sphere with a sprout inside, which is apparently a golden sun item.

and before any of you keep saying it, no, it is NOT the healing field. the healing field bud itself is white, and would have no reason to be active since the item is just lying on the ground away from the fight.

so... I think your boy is in.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I mean, there was a growth item in GS, the bramble seed. But then why use the growth symbol instead of the bramble seed symbol?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I'm saying it's possible the two are related items. The healing field is a throwable/deployable item that heals people standing in it, no? I'm saying it's possible that this bubble-bud (I'm calling it that now) is the pick up, exclusive version of the item that provides similar effects exclusively for the person who picked it up, like a regen version of the maxim tomato.
Pls be gentle TB baby

Are the healing things usually in those sort of bubbles?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Just so that people have an easier time knowing what the Healing Field looks like:
1540513278265.png

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
We don't know that they haven't brought back
I think the "new item" is just Healing Field.

Let me explain where I'm coming from. Look at the HF item and how it looks.

It looks like a seed with the plant sprouting icon looking extremely alike to the item we just saw.

My theory is that once you activate HF, the seed disappears and the plant sprouts on the arena, which would look like what we see here.
View attachment 172089
Have we seen it in action at all?

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoC5NmIB5OD/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=uym8r9j0yads Don’t know if this has been talked about yet, but doesn’t the waterfall behind daisy on this look more like the waterfall in the leak than the one we’re used to?
If it is Growth from GS

And we have Isaac using Growth on this mural

That'd...

That'd certainly be something huge in it's favor.
That makes sense too, the mural already has the Mr. Saturn item being interacted with by Olimar’s pikmin, so Isaac using the growth item wouldn’t be out of place

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

There is actually logic to that. The item, in japanese, is called "Team Recovery Field" and I wouldn't find it very surprising if there was a single version of that item. The leaf motif is almost the same too.

Which leads me to another point: As much as it DOES look like Golden Sun's growth... a leaf is a very generic simbol. Healing Field's leaf also looks a lot like GS'

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pls be gentle TB baby

Are the healing things usually in those sort of bubbles?
...Why would they have to be if this is a new item?

It'd be odd to just kinda pluck a sprout of the ground. It would be really hard to notice as an item so the bubble would make it stand out as an item you can pick up.

I'm not saying this is the case, but I'm putting it out there.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
What if the Healing Field was just a cover-up for Growth so that we didn't know Isaac was in?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I mean, there was a growth item in GS, the bramble seed. But then why use the growth symbol instead of the bramble seed symbol?
to show its actually the growth psenergy, i would argue its more iconic to gs than the bramble seed icon

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
...Why would they have to be if this is a new item?

It'd be odd to just kinda pluck a sprout of the ground. It would be really hard to notice as an item so the bubble would make it stand out as an item you can pick up.

I'm not saying this is the case, but I'm putting it out there.
Okay I think I grasp the point now.

Hmmm

IMO it's either your suggestion or a Golden Sun item.
Let us wait...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Oh man, this is getting even better and better, there’s no way it’s fake at this point. There’s more evidence than the entire Ultimate soundtrack.
(And if it shockingly is fake, then this is the most impressive wild goose chase in Smash leak history)
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1055519359622410241?s=09
at around 0:27, theres a very short clip of ness vs falcon on an f-zero stage, and on the rightmost "platform" you can see an item that resembles a green sphere with a sprout inside, which is apparently a golden sun item.

and before any of you keep saying it, no, it is NOT the healing field. the healing field bud itself is white, and would have no reason to be active since the item is just lying on the ground away from the fight.

so... I think your boy is in.
Thanks but he’s not lol, never played Golden Sun. I’m more of a Banjo/Shadow guy. I just wanted to see if there’s more validity to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom