• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
First image has been thoroughly debunked, as it's from the bus that's using an older/pre-Isabelle version of the banner. The rest are what's being discussed.

Though I'd remind people that it's not the first time there's been an item without a character from that series: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Lip's_Stick
Sure but don't you find it at least a LITTLE bit strange that they would bring in a new Golden Sun item and not Isaac's AT from Brawl?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Grinch once stole plants, now he gives them.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Better image of the item sprout...
View attachment 172081

Does not look like Super Paper Mario or Ever Oasis. What could this mean??
That super looks like a Growth Sprout from Golden Sun. Like, besides the aura, it's practically 1:1.
This Growth item thing is the first thing I've seen that actually kind of ticks me closer to believing this whole leak. But only a little bit. It at least makes it possible that regardless if the leak is fake or real that Isaac might be in (Unless this is going to be a Lip's Stick thing where an item from the series makes it but not the Newcomer). I'm still at a more neutral stance and think this may at least be partially true.

But it's at the very least something that's in favor of this leak. So thumbs up on spotting this.
The difference between this and Lip's Stick is that, in Golden Sun, Growth doesn't have an item related to it (there are Psynergy-bestowing items in Golden Sun, though, like the Douse Drop, Force Gem and Cyclone Chip).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey not calling anyone out but earlier I made a joke and made sure to state I was joking so no confusion would happen. Someone replied to me with something along the lines of "don't worry about letting us know you are joking"

Now I make a joke WITHOUT stating I'm joking and people think I'm being serious even though I made a similar joke earlier.

What gives SmashBoards, should I let you know or not? Jeez, just signed up today and you guys are already giving me a headache.
Friendly pro tip: use the :4pacman:icon in your posts, it's a life-saver.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Bro what is happening lol did we actually just possibly get a Golden Sun item
Actually yeah. I'm with Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
It's either a Smash original item or GS as far as I'm concerned

Though if it was a Smash original item, it's probably just the health pick-up version of the healing field. In the same class as the heart, the tomato, etc.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
if that is growth as an item, and it does what it does in gs outside of battle and makes a ladder, it makes so much more sense they added a way to attack on ladders cause the number of stages to do that on is like what 3 or 4 i think maybe

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey not calling anyone out but earlier I made a joke and made sure to state I was joking so no confusion would happen. Someone replied to me with something along the lines of "don't worry about letting us know you are joking"

Now I make a joke WITHOUT stating I'm joking and people think I'm being serious even though I made a similar joke earlier.

What gives SmashBoards, should I let you know or not? Jeez, just signed up today and you guys are already giving me a headache.
You can include me in this if you're going to vaguely post about me and act like I'm the person who told you this, when in fact there's been countless people who HAVE believed the Chorus Kids render disproves this and I have never seen you post before.

I don't intend to be rude at all, I really don't. Sorry for a harsh welcome to the site as well. But please don't do this my friend.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Playing devils advocate here- why would growth be both an item AND a move for Isaac(thats wjat hes doing on the mural art right?) Never played GS, so please gimme a rundown on what could be different/why its justified

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Though if it was a Smash original item, it's probably just the health pick-up version of the healing field. In the same class as the heart, the tomato, etc.
What's fascinating is that it is identical to the Growth icon but also resembles the Healing Field icon

Untouch

Smash Master
The healing field is the only pre august direct item we haven't been shown on the blog yet.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
One of these series doesn't have a newcomer who has been heavily requested throughout over a decade of Smash.
Reminder is genuinely appreciated but it's very obvious they're not the same.

Hold your horses buddy we don't even know what it is yet
So you're basically saying that Isaac is in 100% sure?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Part of me hopes the leak is fake actually because I honestly do not believe this community deserves good things anymore.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Let’s say Square had this on there Twitter
8E3AF484-9B64-4276-A8E9-5BEBA6DB937F.png

Although not sure if fans would believe it at first until the direct came for information. Cause Square does this to fans.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
So Isaac is using growth in the mural...

The new item we see here is the item for growth....

These coincidences are adding up man...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I can't believe it was fake :sadeyes:
What's fake?

An item that bestows a temporary Regen effect would be pretty neat.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What's fascinating is that it is identical to the Growth icon but also resembles the Healing Field icon
I'm fairly certain that's an unfortunate coincidence of circumstance.

To me, because the imagery is so similar, I would be lead to believe they would do a similar thing. The healing field and this plant bud.

However, unfortunately, if the Growth psynergy were to be an item, it would baaaasically look exactly the same, right?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Playing devils advocate here- why would growth be both an item AND a move for Isaac(thats wjat hes doing on the mural art right?) Never played GS, so please gimme a rundown on what could be different/why its justified

There's also different "levels" of Growth, and sometimes it's used as a utility, similar to a ladder. So there'd be more than one way to implement it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So Isaac is using growth in the mural...

The new item we see here is the item for growth....

These coincidences are adding up man...
Though I wonder if the item is like the Banana Peel from Smash 4 where it's both an item and a move for Diddy.

Untouch

Smash Master
The healing field is an original item...
They may have changed the look of it, which would also explain why they haven't had a blog post if they wanted to show it off in the direct (for whatever reason).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly I would love some Golden Sun representation...
But weirdly...I was seeing more Growth into Isaac's Moveset than item-

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm fairly certain that's an unfortunate coincidence of circumstance.

To me, because the imagery is so similar, I would be lead to believe they would do a similar thing. The healing field and this plant bud.

However, unfortunately, if the Growth psynergy were to be an item, it would baaaasically look exactly the same, right?
One would think they'd point out if the healing field had such a unique property though

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Here's footage of the healing field. Clearly not the same thing. Everyone should accept that this is a new item at this point.
EDIT: It's at 18:12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom