• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
GUYS THE LEAK IS FAKE!
https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/...super-smash-bros-ultimate-grinch-roster-leak/

The leak was a set up and the company said that the man left during 2016...
Pretty sure we've gone over that 20 pages ago
Flatzone is flat, the petals would stick out into the foreground and background potentially.
They could just flatten it though, but it may look odd.

Just my opinion.
Literally all they have to do is the same damn thing they've been doing with everything that's put in flatzone give it the same 1:1 dimensions G&W has

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So you're wagering it's a redesign and I'm wagering that, were it to be a Smash original item, it's a second version of the same item (as in, exists as the same time as the healing field) that you'd pick up and it'd get used like the tomato does

Anyone wanna make a betting pool? :denzel:
I personally am wagering that it's literally a weed

That was literally confirmed fake, dummy.

Keep up.
Hey. Do NOT personally insult users because they can't catch up with over 100 pages. Mc.Rad Mc.Rad is cool.

Last edited:

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
How the heck does nintendo drop the ball this hard twice
First Bloody Tears and now this
Eh, the two aren't really comparable. Bloody Tears was some tech guy messing up and uploading it to the website a day before the supposed date. If this is real, then it's someone from a third party deliberately leaking promotional material.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This is an interesting point because I wonder if it's possible for the design to be different in flat stages?

The one we saw it on just now is SNES F-Zero, which is another one of those.
What would be the problem on a 2D stage?

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Flatzone is flat, the petals would stick out into the foreground and background potentially.
They could just flatten it though, but it may look odd.

Just my opinion.
Uh okay, I guess. Literally every item in the game is fine on Flat Zone, but not the Healing Field?
It would indeed just be flattened like everything else.

Last edited:

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
  • Sakurai highlights an image that seems to be mimicking a scene from Golden Sun.
  • Isaac's assist trophy is missing.
  • New Golden Sun item.
  • Golden Sun trademark getting renewed.
Even if the leak is fake, at this point I think it's pretty safe to assume that Isaac is getting in.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How the heck does nintendo drop the ball this hard twice
First Bloody Tears and now this
They've done this particular thing before.

Ganondorf was revealed this way for one game and I believe they also revealed people for Brawl this way as well.

A seemingly innocent gameplay trailer.

Untouch

Smash Master
If it was a redesign, don't you think they'd update the site to reflect that?
They haven't formally shown it off yet though if it is changing. Which also could be why they haven't put a blog post up yet, they don't want outdated info on the blog.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Good god. I just spent a while catching up, and boy has a lot happened.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At this point I don't ****ing care if the leak is legit or not this is the wildest ride since I'm in Smashboards, everything is wonderful.
Please, add 20 more fighters to the leak tomorrow, or whatever crazy stuff ,please.
I don't want it debunked because the fun will end.

THE FUN WILL NEVER END!

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
This is part of the reason why I think they may have redesigned it, that could mess up in Flatzone or something.
reaaallly reaching there, pal. literally, why would they have developed this game for well over a year or two now, reveal the design of an item explicitly, and then suddenly change it at the last minute like a bunch of bufoons because "OOPS WE DIDN'T REALIZE THIS ENTIRE TIME THAT IT'D SOMEHOW MESS UP ON A STAGE I GUESS??????????""

it really, realllly isn't the same item.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Dunno if this has been posted yet, but it's a good idea to clear up possible confusion. This image is NOT from Golden Sun:

The left half is the Smash Ultimate item overlaid on top of the GS item; it's a comparison of some sort made by a fan. Here's the sprite from GS:

As you can see, the bubble, which is prominent in the Smash item, is not there at all in the Golden Sun item.

In other words, the item has no particular similarities to Golden Sun other than "being a generic two-leaved sprout." As far as I'm able to tell, anyway.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
I don't buy the idea that this is a redesigned healing field at all. What's the simpler explanation, that the new item that coincidentally looks exactly like something from another series is an item from that series ; or that it got a complete redesign for reasons?
The Flatzone excuse doesn't work when literally every single item in the series has worked just fine in flatzone. Honestly it seems like grasping at straws because you want the leak to be fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom