• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Serebii's just a condescending jerk tbh

"I worked in the industry for 20 years, therefore I am right"
I know I shouldn't... but just a little, I kinda want to see the leak be real so all the "insiders" who are acting like arrogant jerks end up with egg on their faces.

To be honest, it's kind of possible that these guys are claiming the leak is fake to do damage control on Nintendo's behalf.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I mean Inkling Boy is there too so that gets evened out for Inkling although it means you can add Leaf, and Dark Samus really just depends on your interpretation. Just because it's more than average doesn't mean it's a lot if we assume the leak is real and count every other character then
Inkling Girl is the default and the one that receives the amiibo. With Dark Samus, they actually went back to her update on the Smash website and changed the pronouns for the character indicating that she is female. Dark Samus is referred to by female pronouns in both Prime 2 and Prime 3, which I consider the character's primary source material.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so from what I understand:

- There's now actual good standing that the Mural Leak might be fake
- Sora might actually be ****ing happening

Am I correct?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I literally asked in this thread 5 times who Spawn Wave is and got no answer, and saw that someone else did the same. If this guy was really on such a hot streak I’m sure I would’ve heard of him before yesterday and I’m sure he’d have more to say about the leak than “people have been saying Incineroar”. Sorry man, I don’t think you’re getting Sora lol
Not my fault you're blind, because I can tell you that most people who were here yesterday can vow that we explained Spaw-Wave situation too many times for it to not be seens. :4pacman:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace

Am I correct?
huh..not really?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not my fault you're blind, because I can tell you that most people who were here yesterday can vow that we explained Spaw-Wave situation too many times for it to not be seens. :4pacman:
I mean, I was here all day and I didn't actually see it, but I'm also not American, so timezone problems maybe.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If he’s actually 50 I doubt he’s on the Internet that much, which would explain why he wouldn’t know. Like I said before someone easily could’ve used his name as a scapegoat.
If he has a phone it would blow up. Social media? Bam. An email listed on the company directory? Bingo. Any friends who saw the leak in those 24 hours and said "hey bud you're screwed"? Yeah. LinkedIn changed right after the leak started going viral? Icing on the cake

20 years ago i could understand, but nowadays it's hard to say that someone will be out of the loop because they're old.

D

Deleted member

Am I correct?
Let's just say that the Grinch leak is getting more intense than Joker's plan in The Dark Knight.

We are still divided about it being true or false, but the backstory is getting too complex.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You're slipping dangerously into toxic territory.
You don't need to be so aggressive about your sass.

Am I correct?
We're taking part of two different conversations, it seems, but sure let's go with that.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yes my source knows of a microsoft source that supposedly was sure of banjo and had HEARD of the 7 banner characters (but had not seen proof themselves) and also heard "incineroar".
It's kinda weird that they insisted on Incineroar. If you wanted to be taken seriously as a leaker right now you'd probably shut your mouth about any character not included on this banner leak. I mean if I was a fake leaker and saw everyone buying into this leak I probably would assume that Incineroar was a mistake and not try to push it. (or try to pass it off as a cut character)

I guess you could argue that they thought the banner leak wasn't complete or they wanted to see how far they could push it but it still seems strange.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Am I correct?
Well, there some hole about the Company where he is supposed to work that supposedly have no tie with Nintendo before or Movies.
More and more insiders saying that the Mural ain't true
Serebii don't want to confirm it and call us bat**** crazy (which is true)

And as for the Sora stuff, seems that KHInsider's Translator and Writer seems to know stuff too so shrug

Dcas

Smash Journeyman

Am I correct?
Yes to both.

The mural being fake is gaining a lot of traction due to recent tweets by the company themselves claiming liam dont work there plus allegation of someone else impersonating him.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

Am I correct?
We knocked down the argument that the leak is real because it came from an ad company. We also have some evidence that the background doesn't match correctly. Other than that it is like other leak but with fan favorite characters.
Sora is still just speculation.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

Am I correct?
not at all. its still incredibly ambiguous, though I guess you could say it isn't as assuredly real now.
also, sora is DLC.

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
I mean Inkling Boy is there too so that gets evened out for Inkling although it means you can add Leaf, and Dark Samus really just depends on your interpretation. Just because it's more than average doesn't mean it's a lot if we assume the leak is real and count every other character then
Dark Samus is categorized as a genderless "it"
And if the leak is real Mach Rider is a female

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Am I correct?
Not sure about whether the chance is outright good, but there are definitely some more substantial suspicions about it now than there were yesterday. Whether it's enough to convince you it's fake depends on how much weight you put on those issues.

The Sora deal is a completely separate thing, it's implied he'll be revealed at The Game Awards, but at that point the game is already out in some countries, not least to mention early store copies would spoil the hell out of that reveal, so it's likely referring to DLC.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Basically a French Twitter account contacted Eric's old company and they said he no longer works there. They then publicly posted that he hasn't worked there since 2016 and they are not working on anything Smash related.

However Eric now works at a different company that does not list Bamco, Nintendo or Universal Studios (makers of the new Grinch movie) as clients, but have worked for Ubisoft to make cardboard for Assassin's Creed stuff. Not listing their clients may just be an NDA issue.

Turns out the blank Battlefield was shown on a huge ****ing BILLBOARD at E3 this year, and no-one realized until about 12 hours ago. Anyway, there are differences between that one and the one in this leak, (such as the crystals being different and a castle missing) but someone has pointed out that this would not be the first time the background has changed since E3.

Both MysticDistance on Twitter and SpawnWave think the leak is real based on their sources, but say there is one more character remaining who is oddly not in this leak. @papagenos also has a source at Microsoft who knew about these 7 on the Grinch leak, but never heard of this last character.
What? Now Spawn Wave says it's true? After he said that in the next episode he would prove that is fake? Wtf?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Inkling Girl is the default and the one that receives the amiibo. With Dark Samus, they actually went back to her update on the Smash website and changed the pronouns for the character indicating that she is female. Dark Samus is referred to by female pronouns in both Prime 2 and Prime 3, which I consider the character's primary source material.
Alright then we cross Leaf off. And I forgot the update although Dark Samus is canonically a mutated artificial life form which is why I said that. Either way, point still stands

Either way, we've got a few weeks left before we see some new info which is crucial. WHICH IS WHY I STILL SAY SAVING 7 AND DELIBERATELY SAVING 7 IS BULL**** WHY DOES THIS NOT MAKE ANY ****ING SENSE IT ANNOYS MEEEEE

D

Deleted member

So, how is Grinch leak currently standing? I just got back from Pushdustin's twitter, and it kinda seems like the background of where this leak comes from is getting sketchier.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Am I correct?
The mural was never proven fake lmao, only that the background is different and has changed before.

We don't even know if the background is different for the character mural, it's too low quality to tell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If this leak is fake, another one will come after that will be harder to beat.

And the cycle will keep going.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My favorite timeline where the leak is fake, but all of the characters are real, and the next direct is 30 minutes long and is just trailers, and reveals 15 new characters. That way everyone is confused.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Someone mentioned that the leak came back like a zombie. I apologize in advance for this, but I have to:

It's terror time again!...
and you might just die of fright!
It's a terrifying time!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You're slipping dangerously into toxic territory.
You don't need to be so aggressive about your sass.
Sorry'bout that, I guess it's just feeling tired about repeating stuff again and again.

We need a thread about the leaks and an OP that update, like, we seriously need it.

Flon

Smash Cadet
I'll try to keep this as short as possible and start from the beginning for anyone who's completely lost. I'll also try to remove the workers' name when possible.

Someone posted a private video through Snapchat containing the entire mural and an alternative version containing no characters. It contains 7 new fighters. The recipient of this message took snapshots of the video and posted them to 4chan. There are instructions for the material which ties it to promotional printing (potentially an armband?) alongside other hints;
  • Additional renders of the Grinch and some form of instructions for the upcoming new movie.
  • AUTOCAD commands seen in the snapshot. This has led to this infographic.
  • An employee's name was uncovered; it's confirmed this person works in promotional printing and graphic design.
Many believed he worked at a printing company called Marina, spread by this infographic which details the consistency of this leak and its ties to the company. They gave a statement that he left in 2016 and they have no relation. This news is what caused many to think the leak may be fake.

However, there's newer information that lists this persons' current work in ACP; it fits with his leave at Marina. NintendoActu has claimed that they called his current workplace and can confirm that he does indeed work there. Liam Robertson is claiming that the suspected person has denied any involvement with this leak.

edit: fixed link and removed some details.

Last edited:

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Ah yes, I’m blind for not knowing some guy who was irrelevant to Smash speculation before yesterday, but you’re convinced Sora is in based on this dude’s vague ass tweet...makes sense LOL. Have a nice day

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So, hopping on the video presentation speculation.

Let's say they have an hour to showcase the game.
The only way they can fit all the Grinch leak characters in it, is if they don't talk about them.
They just throw the trailers, and leave it at that.

Usually, we get 1 full character at the start, and 1 full character at the end. And maybe an echo or two in between.

But... if we have:

F: Isaac, Geno, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Banjo,
EF: Shadow, Ken

I can only see this working in a way that they'd have to pair up a few:
Assuming Geno and Banjo will be the "big deal" reveals, one has to come at the start, and the other one at the end.

Then we get Mach Rider, Isaac, and Chorus Kids.
Either we get a triple trailer somewhere in the middle of the presentation. They get casually revealed (like: We have a few fighters with unique mechanics we would like to explain".) Or... They get soft revealed through the website.

Shadow and Ken could easily be revealed like :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultchrom:
But you know what? I'm tired of Sonic NEVER being involved in a cinematic trailer. I don't care if he's an echo, or a semiclone. When Shadow shows up, I hope it's a freaking cutscene with him railing down a City-themed level (Radical Highway for example) kicking some other character out of the way, then challenging Sonic to a duel. Before they team up and start showcasing Shadow's movesets vs other characters.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
My favorite timeline where the leak is fake, but all of the characters are real, and the next direct is 30 minutes long and is just trailers, and reveals 15 new characters. That way everyone is confused.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk
If it has that many new characters, it better have Quote and/or Tails, I swear.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sorry'bout that, I guess it's just feeling tired about repeating stuff again and again.

We need a thread about the leaks and an OP that update, like, we seriously need it.
We used to have a leak thread, but it was taken down because everyone went there instead of the general thread and some noobs kept posting fake leaks there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom